IRC channel?

Information about what's going on at MangaTranslation.com.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Elby67
Yuurei
Yuurei

IRC channel?

Post by Elby67 »

I can't get the chaps from the BT links coz it doesn't connect =/ so does this group (1 man group) have an irc chan?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

No IRC channel. I was never into that.
I went from 300bps Hayes Smartmodem dial-up BBSs straight to college. In college, I was too busy to screw around with that stuff.

fugu
JaceBarret
Yuurei
Yuurei
Location: That Lovely Place Called Melawati, Sometimes Sg Wang ^^ and maybe Anime Land

Post by JaceBarret »

i wouldn't mind setting up a MangaTranslation channel. I could help with distros too

Anybody want to start up a channel? Of course, if the idea sounds to troublesome, we can all ignore it :D

::i didn't say anything:: ^^;
:: Why Is There A Hole In Every Donut ??? ::
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

If you guys want to set up a #MangaTranslation channel, go nuts. But you might be better off just uploading zips or whatever to whatever channel it is that they have set up on manganews.net for centralized releases.

I'm completely open to people redistributing the zips that I put out in whatever way they want (P2P networks, IRC, whatever.)

cheers,

fugu
dubkatz
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by dubkatz »

I have been trying to logged on to mircx and irc.irchighway.net to serve some manga for fugu ...but i can't logged in

Are those server dead or something? i get like connection timeout and can't resolve host.

i been trying i think since begining of this year
Administrator
Tokimeki Memorial
http://www.uplace.net/forum/
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

mircx was DDoS'd to death a while back. irchighway just came under attack a day or two ago.
Reikoku

Post by Reikoku »

You could go to irc.rizon.net that's where alot of the anime-subbers went too after mircx fell

Post by Guest »

rizon is being DDoS'd quite a bit lately
Leonheart79
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Leonheart79 »

wow...long time really didnt visit here...anyway...what happen to the IRC currently?....i cant connect there at all...
Whatever....!
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

I can't connect either. I've asked around and no one seems to know at the moment. Hopefully, it'll probably be up again soon.
Starakin
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Starakin »

you can't connect to the irc network? how odd. It's working fine here.
There are several ports you can connect to, check http://www.irchighway.net/
Matach
Yuurei
Yuurei

I got banned and I dont know why

Post by Matach »

I just got kicked and apparently banned from the IRC channel, is there anyone able to tell me why, I read the banner and I thought it said that @find's were okay, I know alot of places dont like them being done so I check everytime I didnt mean to do something that was banable cause I love the channel and its the easiest place to get Tenjou Tenge, please help and if anyone can tell me if there is a way to get unbanned. please. and Im really sorry.
Starakin
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Starakin »

you just said Tenjou Tenge when you weren't looking for it. Besides yakitate is licensed. Anyway bans are always lifted in an hour unless I get d/c
* Matach has joined #Manga-Translation
<Matach> @find Yakitate
* Starakin sets mode: +b *!*@<removed>
* Matach was kicked by Starakin (go to <removed>)
Matach
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Matach »

oh, sorry, I just got a chapter given to me didnt know it was licenced, and I know I wasnt looking for tenjou tenge but the channel really is the easiest place to find the current manga on irc anywhere on irchighway or rizon servers. But thanks for the info, and I am now gonna go and beat myself into a corner as I should.