Manga Shopping Spree

Information about what's going on at MangaTranslation.com.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Manga Shopping Spree

Post by FuguTabetai »

I headed down to Book-off today and picked up some manga. Didn't find Needless by Imai Kami though. I like Book-off - I was able to pick up 8 books for $15. If you get stuff used, it can be really cheap ($1, $2.) Anyway, I haven't read anything, but here is what I picked up:

Kagome Kagome 1 and 2 by Yui Toshiki (Ultra Jump / Shyuueishya)

Peridot 1 by Kobayashi Hiyoko (Uppers KC / Kodanshya) Front cover says: Sexy and violence high school story!! Looks like Manga Daisuke is doing it.

The Santoushi (三統士 - 3 relationshipd / governing samurai?) Incident scrolls (三統士事件帖) by Kaishyaku (介錯 - the guy who helps someone committ hara-kiri by cutting off his head) story by Tosaku Yukou (都策 由浩) (Ultra Jump / Syuueishya.) Another high school fighting thing with cute girls. I am stuck in some sort of rut. Hey, does anyone know if I have the reading right on this? I just can't find any information on the web at all...

MONO hon Monorojii Elemental Medical Service 1 -3 by Koio Minato (恋緒みなと) (Ninjin Comics / Akaneshinsha). 3 short books with very clean art, looks like some sort of typical future nurse hottie manga. might be fun to read. Cheap anyway.

And finally, I just couldn't pass up a manga named "FUCK S" by Hasumi Karino from Gust comics (and some wierd-ass publishing company that I won't bother to look up.) It should be amusing - I don't think it is an "ecchi" manga, but I'll have to get back to you on that.

Well, I've got some stuff to read, even though I should probably scan in a bit more Capcom Gals Volume 1 (I should scan the whole thing and get it over with.)

Cheers,

fugu
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Put some scans from Kagome Kagome up

Post by FuguTabetai »

hey all,

I put up some scans from Kagome Kagome up here: http://mangatranslation.com/cgi-bin/gal ... p?album=21

Kagome Kagome is another high school ghost story type thing. I haven't read it yet, but I like the art a lot, and it looks interesting.
Sacrin
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sacrin »

Hmm...Looks pretty interesting. For some reason it almost reminds me of 3x3 Eyes (good stuff). It would be great to have new manga! Just as long as you don't get too far behind. o_O
Once agin, if you need any help, just ask! ^_^
"Fithos lusec wecos vinosec"
Starakin
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Starakin »

very interesting, I like Yui's art.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Sacrin wrote:Hmm...Looks pretty interesting. For some reason it almost reminds me of 3x3 Eyes (good stuff). It would be great to have new manga! Just as long as you don't get too far behind. o_O
Behind in what!? TJTG is caught up to the Japanese releases, and so is Vulgar Ghost Daydream. Those are really the only two manga that I translate. (DOGS isn't being regularly released, although I do want to translate that when it is.) (Anisa is in charge of GetBackers, and we've quit working on it since it was licensed.) Otherwise, CapCom gals is just for fun, I just translate that every once in a while...
Sacrin wrote:Once agin, if you need any help, just ask! ^_^
Well, I could always use help making a nice website. :) I'll probably start on Kagome x2 but it will probably get a website worse than DOGS... heh.

fugu
Sacrin
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sacrin »

Ya, I know your caught up. I guess I'm just getting a little anxious for the next volumes and don't want them to be later than they have to be... ^_^;;
I haven't had my "Oh! Great" brand crack in a while...NEED MORE! >_<;;
(I'm also realy enjoying VGD)
As for makeing web sites, I suck at HTML and page design, but I'm usualy good at random ideas! :D And of course I can do some Photoshop stuff! So I'll try and help if I can.
scifiwizard

Post by scifiwizard »

I heard that tenjyo tenge manga is put on hold for a bit since Oh Great! is supervising the Tenjyo Tenge anime and pushing another manga called Air Gear (5 volumes currently out). If you want some Oh Great! smacked paraphenelia, try watching the Himiko-Den anime (old, but it's Oh Great! character designs!). The Air Gear manga is good but it is like a cleaned up version of Tenjyo Tenge (and drawing style is a little off too in comparison). There is also a Himiko-Den and Burn-Up W manga by Oh Great!, but they are not very good compared to Tenjyo Tenge standards.

Post by Guest »

does any1 know what other oh great works have been scanlated
and are like ten ten are not the ones mentioned above

much apreceated :D
Sacrin
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sacrin »

Another manga you hear about a lot that Oh! Great did was "Majin Devil". I really liked it. It's just sad it's only 2 vol... :cry:
I won't tell you too much about it because it has some interesting twists. I would definitely recommend it though. Snoopy Cool did a great scanlation of it but I just read his site and he had to take it down... :(
If you want I could send it to you (either by e-mail or if I could find someone to host it)...
Shiki
Yuurei
Yuurei

Re: Manga Shopping Spree

Post by Shiki »

FuguTabetai wrote: Peridot 1 by Kobayashi Hiyoko (Uppers KC / Kodanshya) Front cover says: Sexy and violence high school story!! Looks like Manga Daisuke is doing it.
I went looking for Peridot scans at Manga Daisuki, but they told me that they dropped the project.

Maybe you should consider Peridot for a new project.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I don't really have that much time - and Tenjo Tenge vol. 11 is coming out sometime soonish I think.

fugu
Shiki
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Shiki »

No problem. Thanks for doing Tenjo Tenge.