Mangatranslation.com image gallery

Information about what's going on at MangaTranslation.com.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Mangatranslation.com image gallery

Post by FuguTabetai »

I turned the image gallery off for a few days - I just got back from a friend's wedding, and I wanted to be sure that I could get the pictures out to friends and family. Since the image gallery takes up about 80% of the bandwidth around here for very little return (every once in a while you get a post like H3R BOOBIES ROX!) I turned the gallery off for a bit.

It should be back on in a few days.

cheers,

fugu
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I might just keep the image gallery off - every time I turn it back on, within 20 minutes or so my machine bumps up against the upload limits.

contact me if you want to host all the stuff I had up before somewhere else. I think it is better to have the site up for the forum (where some useful stuff gets posted) than to have the machine constantly rate limited because of the image gallery.

comments and discussion is welcome.

fugu
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

fugu, if others want the TT cosplayers pics I could temporary host them on my edu webspace. I just need you (or hitori) to send them to me and I'll have them up asap.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

The reason I put up a gallery was that I kept getting so many submissions, it was overwhelming to keep up with it manually. Anyway, I'll send you the cosplay stuff, and you can put it somewhere.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Moyism, it will be a bit difficult for me to just pack up the cosplay images (the files are spread all over the place, the gallery takes care of that actually.) If you want a local copy, add each of the files to your favorites, and then download that as a zip.

In the meantime, I've made the TJTG gallery only for members, so that will cut down drastically on the number of people that come via searches / links. I should be able to keep the gallery up in this form.

cheers,

fugu
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Actually, even after disabling anon access to the Tenjo Tenge gallery we're still pumping out about 60 K/s for the rest of the gallery. Dang.

My other image gallery, even with the cool new Halloween pictures from 2004 never takes up so much bandwidth...
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

favorites... what.. huh? I tried to figure it out like you said fugu, but it was a no go. I just went through all the TT cosplay and saved them one by one.

heheh, sorry for the bw it. :wink:
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

hey fugu, I'm just curious but on average how much does the TT section of the image gallery hit you on bw? I just recently got my own space and I think I might host the old TT gallery if the bw cost isn't THAT bad (I get 120GIG bw/month).

edit: nm, I'll do it for now and see how things work out. 8)
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I don't know; it takes the vast majority of BW here. Probably about a gig a day. I don't mind closing it though - people were just coming and leaving assinine messages about boobies.

I have 20 Gigs of transfer a month here, that should be more than enough for this forum and the other misc stuff I have here. It isn't enough for the gallery though, and I don't see any reason to pay for people to leave childish comments.

If you have all the images from the gallery, please open one with my blessing. If not, I can get them to you - it is a relatively small (< 500 megs) gallery.
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

I see. Thanks fugu! I actually don't have all of the files but figure I'll let all board members re-fill it up. You can actually upload them too if you want fugu (but I don't think it'll take an 500ish MB zip file of the gallery).

Let's see how things pan out, and I'll get back to you if I really need all the tt images. Thanks!
evillain

Post by evillain »

Yeah I stupidly shift+deleted all my wallpapers :shock: So if you could be so kind as to open it for one day (just message me first) or just send the animated tenjo tenge files to my gmail (evillain@gmail.com) I'd apreciate
that.

thx dudes, keep up the good work
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Evilvillain, you can go here http://fugu.cs.columbia.edu/mangatransl ... n/gallery/

or checky Moyism's gallery.
jaxter
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by jaxter »

Dear FuguTabetai user,
Your both link does not work, please give me some working image link.

Thanks
jaxter
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

sorry man, this is just super old information. I'm not maintaining an image gallery anymore. Still, it is the internet, you should be able to find some pictures somewhere!!