MangaTranslation.com moved to virtual private linux server

Information about what's going on at MangaTranslation.com.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

MangaTranslation.com moved to virtual private linux server

Post by FuguTabetai »

I've moved MangaTranslation.com to a virtual linux server hosted by the nice guys over at http://rimuhosting.com/. Mangatranslation.com has been down for about a week because the CPU fan on my machine (fugu.cs.columbia.edu) died, and brought everything down for a week.

I've decided to get virtual linux server hosting, so things like that shouldn't happen again. I've got about 20 gigs of transfer a month, so we'll see how things go.

I've imported the phpbb forum from my old server, so we haven't lost anything there. I'm working on the image gallery next. There might be a few problems as I work out the kinks, but let me know if you have any troubles.

Happy new year, everyone.

cheers,

fugu
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Image gallery should be working now

Post by FuguTabetai »

Image gallery should be working now. Let me know if there are problems.

fugu
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Notes on server move

Post by FuguTabetai »

Ok, I've got the mangatranslation.com forum back up and running, with the previous forum data imported.

The image gallery is up and running, with imported data.

I've got the tracker up and running, and have some low-bandwidth seeds up for all but Sapphire Star and Tenjo Tenge Extra December 2004. I don't think I will be seeding those though.

Some files didn't make it in the move over: I don't have the javascript pop-up translations for Kagome Kagome or Vulgar Ghost Daydream online. I don't have enough space to bring those over I think. I'll try to re-do the character lists so that they don't link to non-existant files anymore. Capcom.mangatranslation.com made it over ok, as did most of tjtg.mangatranslation.com, except for the images (which were not open to the public anyway.)

If you see things missing, let me know. I have all the data around, it is just a matter of moving it to the new server.

For the most part though, things should be running as normal.