Java version for Tenjyou Tenge

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Shishogan
Yuurei
Yuurei

Java version for Tenjyou Tenge

Post by Shishogan »

Hey, I just have a question about the site..
How come unlike your other projects Capcom and the now retired GTO, you don't provide a link for the Javascript version for those of us who still wanna see the original Japanese dialogue? Cause it's there and is accesible, but the fact that there's no link to it or anything kinda makes me doubt if you want us to be seein that. So yea, I'm just wondering.
To me, that's kinda like anime with sub and dub - plus it's a good way for me to practice my Kanji - cause I'm losing it.

Thanks for all your work, FuguTabetai (sorry, I don't know your real name dude) -- I appreciate what you do for the manga readers.. esp. in the US, making what's only available in Japan readable for non-Japanese speakers.
For myself, since I'm broke, poor, and cheap - I can only afford to buy a couple volumes of a manga series...
Manga prices are going up too in Japan.. used ones aren't as cheap as they used to be - It sucks.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Re: Java version for Tenjyou Tenge

Post by FuguTabetai »

Shishogan wrote:Hey, I just have a question about the site..
How come unlike your other projects Capcom and the now retired GTO, you don't provide a link for the Javascript version for those of us who still wanna see the original Japanese dialogue? Cause it's there and is accesible, but the fact that there's no link to it or anything kinda makes me doubt if you want us to be seein that. So yea, I'm just wondering.
To me, that's kinda like anime with sub and dub - plus it's a good way for me to practice my Kanji - cause I'm losing it.
Bandwidth. Those versions of the pages are served up directly off my machine, and I don't get any bandwidth sharing like I do when I do a BitTorrent release. It is still there for the people who want to use it - you just have to poke around a little bit. Feel free to view the translations that way if you want.

By the way, that is "Javascript", not "Java". Two very different things.

Anyway, the way it is now, when the server starts to take up too much bandwidth, the school automatically throttles it back. So I just let things run, and the site either works or doesn't according to what the school thinks is reasonable.
Shishogan wrote: Thanks for all your work, FuguTabetai (sorry, I don't know your real name dude) -- I appreciate what you do for the manga readers.. esp. in the US, making what's only available in Japan readable for non-Japanese speakers.
For myself, since I'm broke, poor, and cheap - I can only afford to buy a couple volumes of a manga series...
Manga prices are going up too in Japan.. used ones aren't as cheap as they used to be - It sucks.
Manga in Japan is still about 300-500 yen. It is cheap. Even here in New York, I can get used manga pretty cheap at Book Off - about $4 - $7...

I am glad you can use the javascript versions to help your Japanese - that is one of the things I really wanted to do with GMAO/dual language translations...

fugu
SynthTrance
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by SynthTrance »

so how do I view the original Japanese dialogue?
sry if this seems like a stupid q...
standa-man
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by standa-man »

Seems like Fugu doesn't want to publicize this feature exactly to save on bandwidth, so I'd recommend just to try to "poke around a little bit". They're not hidden behind a password or anything like that.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

SynthTrance wrote:so how do I view the original Japanese dialogue?
sry if this seems like a stupid q...
SynthTrance, I sent you a private message. Let me know if you have any questions, what you think, etc.

fugu