Strange Question About Maya

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Iromaru
Yuurei
Yuurei

Strange Question About Maya

Post by Iromaru »

Hello everyone
I really can't stop thinking about one issue: was Maya raped by Fu's thugs or not?
I personally think she wasn't
I know it's a sick question but please answer me if anybody knows it
BlackArtistik
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by BlackArtistik »

no. she wasn't. they only stripped her to make her look like she'd been raped.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

We actually debated this a while ago here(in what thread I have no idea), and from the pics you can argue either way. I'm in the "no" camp as I just don't think there was enough time though there is the little sound effect of them unzipping their pants so...he drew little beads of liquid on her so that could be sweat or they wizzed on her or jizzed on her??? I seriously just think Fu was trying to make it "look" bad and didn't have them touch her.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

In my mind, she was raped. It makes the story stronger and more powerful. It gives motivation to Shin for the rampage he went on. I like that Tenjo Tenge can sometimes be a dark and violent manga, and I'm pretty sure that is the inference that Oh! Great wanted the audience to draw.

But I think you can easily argue it either way.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

I am also of the opinion that she was not raped.

For one thing, there was no time. And the whole point of the scene was not to rape Maya, but to make Shin believe that she was raped.
BlackArtistik
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by BlackArtistik »

and don't forget, Shin, regardless of not on whether he could've seen this event with the Dragon's Eye, was not "there" in the mental area. So just seeing his sister in her exposed and humiliating state would've set him off anyways.
Iromaru
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Iromaru »

I just finished reading Volume 10 and I found one thing quite disturbing: the SFX that appear when Enma is being "tortured" (p.144) are almost the same as those "kachya" that appear on the picture with Fu's men! This could mean that the same was happening to Maya!
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Iromaru wrote:I just finished reading Volume 10 and I found one thing quite disturbing: the SFX that appear when Enma is being "tortured" (p.144) are almost the same as those "kachya" that appear on the picture with Fu's men! This could mean that the same was happening to Maya!
Actually they pretty much show Enma being violated when Enmi walks in one of the brothers has his pants around his ankles. The kachya is "kacha = the click of something opening, such as a latch, a door, or even a belt (see also gacha) " them undoing their pants. So in Enma's case it's pretty blatant, in Maya's that sound isn't so definitive, they did undo their pants what they did afterwords is still up the the air.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

BlackArtistik wrote:and don't forget, Shin, regardless of not on whether he could've seen this event with the Dragon's Eye, was not "there" in the mental area. So just seeing his sister in her exposed and humiliating state would've set him off anyways.
He did know it was going to happen, Maya actually confronted him later about it. Again which is one of the reasons I don't think she was raped, I don't think Shin would have let that happen.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

I also don't believe that Maya was raped. There just wasn't enough time.

Besides, if they were going to do the deed, then Shin would've caught them with their pants down in the middle of the act, which isn't a good position they would like to be in if they were trying to lure someone like Shin. More importantly, Oh! Great doesn't seem to readdress that part at all in the story. Compared with Chiaki, who tries to keep it all bottled up, the story does address the issue that indeed her experience had affected her. Maya simply hasn't shown any signs that she was raped.

Of course, one can say that just because it wasn't shown, it doesn't mean it didn't happen—but at the same time the reader is free to perceive that event in any way he or she wishes.

With regard to the Enma incident though, I figured that she was indeed violated in that chapter, albeit through the use of artificial and crude instruments. Some unzipping occurred, but in my view those goons didn't have enough time to go to the next step.
Iromaru
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Iromaru »

I wonder how is the whole scene shown in the anime? Could somebody enlighten me?
ai
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by ai »

the anime ends a lot earlier
lastnight
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by lastnight »

Iromaru wrote:I wonder how is the whole scene shown in the anime? Could somebody enlighten me?
her pantys arent even off in the anime, but thats almost to be expected. though honestly the look on mayas face in both the manga and the anime is really unsetteling, seeing maya in tears is pretty rare. she most likely wasnt though, i mean tenjou tenge isnt to shy
you say you miss those days,
but we did it right.
quit the habit. started smoking again.
i was crying, you were laughing.
hit in the face, blood on the snow
we were never happier.
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

I dont think so either due to the reasons listed about. and the fact that if it did happen it woulda been a way better time for Emi to cut the ropes on the chair, instead of waiting til later.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Iromaru wrote:I wonder how is the whole scene shown in the anime? Could somebody enlighten me?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNX0vq538k0