pls explain this to me

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

ser4
Yuurei
Yuurei

pls explain this to me

Post by ser4 »

sry guyes for the stupid topic but i wanted to ask someone about TT manga and i just found out about this site and it made me so happy :D . 1 i didn't get the thing about the dragon gates 2 whay did this women took shoichiro's eye (did she actualy took it or aya was seeing in the future) and did shoichiro's father died also what were those flash backes aya was having ipls someone explain it to me
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

your second and third questions are up in the air. Currently, its any mans guess and we're not sure of the outcome since it jumped an expanation to everything. What do you mean you didn't get the thing about teh dragon gates? Be more specific
ser4
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by ser4 »

about my gate question what are those gates how many gates are there and what is the diference between the gates of the withe feathers and the gates of the red feathers
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

ser4 wrote:about my gate question what are those gates how many gates are there and what is the diference between the gates of the withe feathers and the gates of the red feathers
Everyone has seven Dragon Gates (or chakras) that can be opened with specific training, although everyone has an affinity to a particular gate.

Maya's gate is Wood. Nagi's gate is Earth, Ishiyumi's gate is Water.

However, that works for everyone, be they normal humans with special training or a part of the Twelve Families.

However, every member of the 6 Red Feather families has a special 8th gate that is specific to their family: Natsume's Dragon Eye, Nagi's Dragon Fist, etc.

In addition to that, every Red Feather family has subordinate families under them. They also have an 8th Dragon Gate that is a limited verson of their master family's gate. For example, Enmi family is subordinate to Natsume family. Enmi's Dragon Pupil is a limited variant of the Natsume's Dragon Eye. And so on...

Red Feather families can also combine several Dragon Gates, either naturally or supernaturally. Every Red Feather has potential access to his or her 8th Dragon Gate and also to one of the 7 "normal" Dragon Gates. For example, Nagi Souichirou can access both the Nagi family's Dragon Fist and his own personal Earth Dragon.

White Feathers do not have any special 8th Dragon Gate and they can only use one of the regular 7 Dragon Gates. The only exception is a person of mixed White and Red parentage who can inherit an 8th Dragon Gate from the other side of the family. An example of this is Tsumuji Mataza. Tsumuji are a White Feather family. However, Mataza's mother was from one of the Red Feather subordinate families, so he inherited an 8th Dragon Gate from her, called Dragon Claw.

That's pretty much the whole picture. You might want to read volumes 8-910for a more complete idea on how this is all stacked up.
ser4
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by ser4 »

tnx dude i realy apreciate it now it all makes sense
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

Plus, from what I remember, white feathers excel in different types of combat.
ser4
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by ser4 »

i'm not sure but i think i read that in the begining there was 1 family with all the powers then they separated on the 12 founding families is that true?
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

that would be the takayanagi family.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

The Takayanagi family? They're not even red feathers. It wouldn't even make sense considering Dougen's opinions regarding red feather powers. Politically however, they're the most powerful.

There probably was an ancient clan (as in "Kojiki ancient," way before the ancient arc) that possessed all 8th gates, but it sounds mythological at best.
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

well I think its mentioned or hinted that the blood of the red/white feathers were once together, which is the takayanagi clan but after that, the blood were split off into what is today, the 12 founding families. It was in one of the chapters but I forget which one.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

If you find it, can you tell me plase?

I find that ironic and hard to believe since Dougen has a distaste for them, which ties in with his short-lived True Warrior project. Moreover, it's been hinted that during the ancient times, the Natsume clan occupied a higher rank than the Takayanagi clan.

It seems to me that the answer lies with Souhaku, and I've never gotten even the slightest impression that he regarded the Takayanagi clan in a good light.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

He's talking about the "super-man" Susano-o

Or something like that. It seems like even within this storied mythology, that is just a kind of vague thing that Oh! Great referenced and used as the basis for the powers found in Tenjo Tenge. I believe (but am not positive, I'm a computer scientist, not history buff, and I'm a freaking fish at that. You try typing with flippers [note typos on main mangatranslation.com page]) that Susano-o is a figure in Japanese mythology.
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

ah found it. Fight 87, pages 145-146. Talks about the takayanagi blood being split up among the 12 founding families. When I reread it, it seems that maybe the red feathers and white feathers weren't one but each family got a piece of the takayanagi blood. Also, fight 85, page 93, says something about uniting the seperated blood. Still tho, its very vague on what its trying to say. I might of intepreted wrong but its mentioned that takayanagi was split off at some point in time. ^^ No more going back into the chapters for me. Man, didn't know that the volumes are soo long.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Ah yes, thanks for the source.

However, that piece of information does make me wonder if it was implying that there was a quasi-mythological person who possessed all powers in the beginning, (as Fugu said earlier) or if it was saying that there was a clan long ago who had all the powers under one banner, one name. It could also be referring to kinship ties similar to what you've said.

Either way, it's possible that the Takayanagi clan back then would've been from such an ancient time that what we have in the present isn't exactly the same thing. Of course, that is just me trying to picture the history of the clans based on what we're left with.
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

well i don't know but a clan named takayanagi is what throws me off. I'm not sure whether its teh same takayanagi family, maybe its a different clan or something but when I saw takayanagi, mitsuomi, dougen, and masataka was the one's to come to my head. I could understand mistaking the 2000 years ago and the united blood but that other chapter says that the takayanagi blood was split to the 12 founding families. Thats probably what makes me wonder the most.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

It's pretty confusing. I remember one of the earlier chapters where it vaguely hints that the Natsume clan was the highest in the clan hierarchy at one point during some ancient time—which would then imply that the top rank is neither determined by the name alone nor permanently locked to just one family. Moreover, Souhaku doesn't seem to look towards the direction of the Takayanagi clan when it comes to his grand scheme of unification... or whatever his scheme is.

We're just really left with holes here.
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

yah tell me about it. We certainly have holes here and I think it was in teh first several volumes that it was mentioned that the natsume clan was the highest clan at some point. THink it came outta mitsuomi's mouth or something. Yea it shows that having the name does not mean you rank the highest in the hierarchy. Well from what I remember, inue said that souhaku let mitsuomi remain in power so it seems like he doesn't feel too threatened by that family.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

FuguTabetai wrote:He's talking about the "super-man" Susano-o

Or something like that. It seems like even within this storied mythology, that is just a kind of vague thing that Oh! Great referenced and used as the basis for the powers found in Tenjo Tenge. I believe (but am not positive, I'm a computer scientist, not history buff, and I'm a freaking fish at that. You try typing with flippers [note typos on main mangatranslation.com page]) that Susano-o is a figure in Japanese mythology.
I thought fish had fins and seas mammals had flippers?
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Intersting what the UJ Special said

The Takayanagi family controls the top of the Japanese Martial Arts world. I don't know the details but it has been this way since ancient times. They say that the heroes of ancient myths and legends were the Takayanagi ancestors, but that is just the prevailing modern interpretation. They are a family of charismatic heroes, and the descendants of the families that came to their aid are the 12 Founding Families. They have been careful to keep their lineage pure since the ancient times so they are the same as back then. For that reason, the Takayangi family and the 12 Founding Families have a sort of counter-measure relationship, and you can say that the Takayanagi family is representative of the 12 Founding Families. But the Takayanagi's fundamentally have stronger abilities due to their direct relationship to the heroes of the past.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

The UJ description is how I've understood it as well, (more or less) but this here is from Fight 87:
A long time ago, in order to cover for the deficiencies in those weaknesses, the Takayanagi family blood was split up among the twelve founding families.
I guess either I'm just missing something here, or the Takayanagi clan being representative of all twelve simply implies that Shyoujyou isn't being totally literal when it comes to "family blood" referring only to one clan—not to mention, that it's just a "story" according to Kabane.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

kujoe wrote:The UJ description is how I've understood it as well, (more or less) but this here is from Fight 87:
A long time ago, in order to cover for the deficiencies in those weaknesses, the Takayanagi family blood was split up among the twelve founding families.
I guess either I'm just missing something here, or the Takayanagi clan being representative of all twelve simply implies that Shyoujyou isn't being totally literal when it comes to "family blood" referring only to one clan—not to mention, that it's just a "story" according to Kabane.
Well the UJ special makes it sound like the Takayanagi and the 12 families aren't related by blood at all, but your quote does, so who knows. Translation error Fugu? :wink:
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

maybe its trying to say that each founding family had a problem with their blood and because of the "completeness" of the takayanagi blood and the history that comes along with it, they used it as i guess, a gene replacement to fix the bad genes. Kinda like how spiderman's dna strands were replaced because of the spider bite? I don't know, worth a try LOL
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

kk1 wrote: Well the UJ special makes it sound like the Takayanagi and the 12 families aren't related by blood at all, but your quote does, so who knows. Translation error Fugu? :wink:
I don't think so. I think that Oh! Great isn't completely consistent. Anyway, I think that the Takayanagi's might have had all the blood of all the families a long, long time ago, but it really isn't relevant in the present day arc. Not even in the "ancient arc" I would think.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

FuguTabetai wrote:Anyway, I think that the Takayanagi's might have had all the blood of all the families a long, long time ago, but it really isn't relevant in the present day arc. Not even in the "ancient arc" I would think.
Hence why I said a while ago that maybe the Takayanagi clan of today isn't exactly the same as the one from some ancient, bygone age. It's still the same bloodline, but with all the white feathers on one side and the red feathers on the other, it's not exactly the same either. Perhaps this story holds true within the context that the split happens before the description in the UJ Special.

Actually, it's moments like these when I think Oh! Great just makes some of this stuff up as time goes on. :?
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

yea, he sometimes shoots things in directions and prays it works. If it don't, he tends to drop it and forget about it LOL
ser4
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by ser4 »

do you guyes know if soichiro has all the powers within him right now? because of those corpses that surounded him and ... iwas just wondering