completely confused.

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

elias
Yuurei
Yuurei

completely confused.

Post by elias »

Okay, so i've been reading Tenjou on and off since a while back, it started simple, everything was easy to follow. But now I don't know if it's my inability to pay attention or what, but I have NO clue what it going on. I was pretty set up to volume 14. Then In volume 15 the last few chapters in the volume are placed in like edoera japan, and I have no clue why. I have absolutely no clue what is going on, all I want to do is see the election tournament and now all of this happens and im so lost ;_;

If someone could give me a basic summary of what happened after the shin-flashback arc i'd be very greatful. This whole computer chip/red feathers thing has me so lost.
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

It's pretty simple. After the Flashback arc, Oh! Great decided to use Tenjou Tenge as a vehicle to explore his own concepts of creationism as a basis for the existence of morality within mankind by taking the Buddhist view of reincarnation with a slant towards Kantian ethics. He parallels Souichirou's journey with suffrage using feudal era motifs presented through the philosophy of Anaximenes.

Like I said, quite simple.

To be honest, it's pretty confusing to everyone. The gist is that Souhaku = bad guy, stop Souhaku.
elias
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by elias »

i see.

man, i just want to see bob kick some ass. it's not fair that he gets so left out.
ser4
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by ser4 »

i felt the same way when i read it didn't know what is going on
btw is it just me or is this manga very dificult to understand
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

it can be and I think partially its due to the fact that Oh!Great tests out stuff too much and there are sometimes inconsistensies with his story telling.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Asunder wrote:It's pretty simple. After the Flashback arc, Oh! Great decided to use Tenjou Tenge as a vehicle to explore his own concepts of creationism as a basis for the existence of morality within mankind by taking the Buddhist view of reincarnation with a slant towards Kantian ethics. He parallels Souichirou's journey with suffrage using feudal era motifs presented through the philosophy of Anaximenes.
Funny, but I don't agree with all the name-drops. I do think that Oh! Great does have some basic philosophical argument, but it doesn't seem to extend past his obsession with self-improvement and a philosophical treatsie on what is strength.