Chapter 46

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Waso Dodu
Yuurei
Yuurei

Chapter 46

Post by Waso Dodu »

:D

wah good job fugu

very interresting chapter plot-wise
mitsuomi is gettin very....:twisted:
and we see a small apparation of masataka

can't wait to see the family clans on the red wing side
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

Woah.... Those colour pics are so awesome. Really hits the spot!

Hmm, I still don't understand - what exactly is Mitsuomi's aim...? We can see which direction the train is moving in, but we don't know what the final destination is. Well, suspence is important for a story...

Basically looks like Maya has seen people she loves destoryed by power while Mitsuomi has become bewitched by "absolute power" and been corrupted. So they've taken diametrically opposite views from the same events.

Interesting that both Maya and Mitsuomi seem quite keen to stop Aya from using Reiki. Maya to stop Aya from destorying herself, and maybe Mitsuomi doesn't want to see talent go to waste?
jasonred
Yuurei
Yuurei

Stuff in 46

Post by jasonred »

On a completely unimportant side note, on page 22, the gunman is saying "YOU!" in Chinese. Based on previous eds, he'd be speaking Cantonese, so that'd be prounounced Nei or Lei. (Ni for Mandarin)

On a more story related note... eh, why even bother bringing in the gunmen? hmmm, if I was one of the gunmen, I'd be pissed that Mitsoumi didn't step in earlier, saving my fingers/ neck/ life, etc.

I think it's cool how he didn't kill that old guy. I really thought he had, for a moment though. Humiliating him like that is far better. I'm noted that they didn't fall on the stereotype of him wetting himself. Then again, he's an old guy, he could just blame it on incontinence.

Why do I keep referring to him as old guy? Cause up to this chapter, I had NO idea he was Mitsoumi's father! I mean, I knew he was head of the clan, and Mitsoumi was a lso a Taka, but... his behaviour up to now!

Masataka's role in all this was carrying a suitcase and saying "there there..." ... Actually, after that, I can see why Mit thinks of him as an incompetent moron. Mas seems to have NO idea what's been going on all this time, thinking his dad is a goody goody two shoes or something. Eh.
blackkenshi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by blackkenshi »

Hmm. So what was Mitsuomi's pops plan. Did he want Mitsuomi to become the symbol of the Takayanagi by becoming the phoenix with the two wings. Does that mean he wanted Mitsuomi to have all kinds of supernatural powers like the Dragon's eye or something. I dunno anybody clarify please
ShiroiNeko
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by ShiroiNeko »

thks for ..........

this chapter was so great it explain a lot of thing
so mistuomi is a waury hito
Rain_Cassidy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rain_Cassidy »

Mitsuomi has become bewitched by "absolute power" and been corrupted. So they've taken diametrically opposite views from the same events.
I see it differently. Mitsuomi seeks Power in order to keep ppl like Shin from causing future tragedies. He saw the tragedy as a result of incompetence and weakness- his own and those of ppl around him.

Maya's brother was destroyed by power, so she sees Mits' quest for power as the wrong path to take.
Maya to stop Aya from destorying herself, and maybe Mitsuomi doesn't want to see talent go to waste?
Neither wants Aya to manifest the Eye.
SynthTrance
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by SynthTrance »

good chap... now we see Mits heading for 'total' power
I also really like the pic on pg. 5
My reaction ---> :shock:... :D ....:twisted:
Emlan^_^
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Emlan^_^ »

I actually had no idea that the old man was Mitsuomi dad >.>;;;;;
slow me.

I like the sexy splash-pages in the beginning X3
Rain_Cassidy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rain_Cassidy »

What was on page 5? :)
Wait...
Forget I asked. I think I can guess. :?
Arbrus
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Arbrus »

At the end of this chapter the narrator says that the time of civil war is over and the time of iron law has began. The war between the two factions of the Takayangai is over and the Mits will rule with and Iron Fist. It seams to me that Mits believes that people from the red wing side of the Family are incompetent because of the power they use, like the Dragons Eye, makes them weak. So he took over the family and re-created the Enforcement group to weed out these individuals (i.e. why he wanted Bob on his team and not Nagi, Nagi has this type of power
"demon blood").

I think that Mits came to this because of the Ultra man power he has also gives him superior judgment (may not be correct but is well thought out).
My therapist says you're not real
jasonred
Yuurei
Yuurei

I disagree

Post by jasonred »

I might be wrong, but i think that Mits thinks that most of the Takayanagi's are incompetant, because he had the BRILLIANT example of his own father, head of the clan... who's clever idea was the cause of all this in the first place. Oh, and the second in command, or whatever that fat guy was, seems equally incompetant. Let's face it, he was right, the people in charge of Taka before were generally idiots given too much power. Fu-Chien was also given more power than Mitsoumi, and look where that turned out. Plus, like old guy, Fu-Chien also MISESTIMATED his OWN abilities greatly. Those two thought they were the smartest, AND the greatest fighters too (thinking they could beat Shin/ Mitsoumi! Hah!)

The enforcement group is a totally different scenario from the Family. By controlling the school, he could control one of the largest gatherings of martial artists. More Power. Not magic powers Power, but just power.

On the subject of POWER, he had that flame guy on his team, so he obviously didn't care whether they had special abilities or not. What bothered him about Nagi is Nagi's "Cursed Bloodline" and the fact that his powers are similiar to Shin's... it's hinted quite a bit that he might get possessed or controlled by his powers too, JUST LIKE SHIN.

I don't see why the "Ultra Man" power would give him superior judgement. As Bob and Nagi pointed out, he's still incompetant. Anyhow, he (probably) came to this conclusion and radical change in attitude as a result of too much tragedy. He's now "Dark Mitsuomi", carrying the burden of the death of his Best Friend, his lover, the betrayal by , um.... EVERYONE other than Maya and Tawara, the fact his heart will probably burst in a few years... major angst. In other words, no more mister happy go lucky, I'll just let the situation carry me along, listen to others for the most part. No, that got him into all sorts of nonsense, now he's gonna make his own rules!
Arbrus
Yuurei
Yuurei

Beat down

Post by Arbrus »

Jasonred, foo you beat me down :cry:
When mana explains whts happening to him she says that the increase of blood cells give birth to physical abilities, and judgment~ anywho I fell sham.....lots and lots of sham, beat down soo badly ^_^
My therapist says you're not real