A few questions about Makiko and the Tsumuji family

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Ashiyura
Yuurei
Yuurei

A few questions about Makiko and the Tsumuji family

Post by Ashiyura »

Hi, I've just read vol. 13 (in Japanese but using Fugu's translations) and I have a few questions that probably have incredibly obvious answers, but hey, never hurts to ask ^_^

Firstly, are (were?) Makiko's powers exactly identical to those of Souichiro? Is she now completely powerless because of losing both arms (well, that would take most normal people out of the running) or does she have some secondary abilities?

Why does Souhaku cut her arm off in the first place? Just to incapacitate her to stop her pursuing him? Seems a bit unnecessary, but it does highlight his coldblooded nature...

While reading the Tsumuji/Enmi storyline, I found myself wondering about the elder of Yorihira's sons- what happened to him after his younger brother was beaten? He hasn't been mentioned since as far as I can remember, so I assume he's just still imprisoned....which seems a bit harsh really. Perhaps the elder Tsumuji gave orders to his men to release him and give medical treatment? I know this is a very minor point, but it struck me as odd showing him once and never mentioning the poor sod again...but again, I suppose it serves to highlight Tsumuji (F) as a merciless opponent.

As a final note, does anyone else wonder about Makiko being given artificial arms via the Tsumuji technology? It just came into my head since they're recuperating together.

Thanks for any answers people may have ^_^
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

1. Yes. Makiko had the Dragon's Fist, which is the Nagi family ability.

2. As far as we can tell, she can't use it anymore, seeing as how she doesn't have any fists left. BA-ZING!

3. I think she was trying to stop him by fisting him or what's-his-face. He cut her arm off and told her to go back to being a normal woman. That sounded naughty.

4. Hopefully. Then again, it'd be nicer to just kill the guy.

5. Well, I was hoping that Souhaku turned out be doing the right thing, just in an evil way. Then we could get more cute Souhaku x Mama Nagi scenes.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Asunder wrote:1.

3. I think she was trying to stop him by fisting him or what's-his-face. He cut her arm off and told her to go back to being a normal woman. That sounded naughty.

I think he knew the family history like how in the past arc Nagi's relative went around stopping all of Souhaku's allies, which she is telling him she is going to do, and he sadistically cuts off her arm to halve her power and tells her "don't try it" go back to being a normal woman, ie don't try to be like the others in your family. So I don't think she was directly trying to fight Souhaku or Tetsuhito that day, since I think she knew she couldn't beat them. She does tell Maya in the present don't even try to fight them.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

kk1 wrote:I think he knew the family history like how in the past arc Nagi's relative went around stopping all of Souhaku's allies, which she is telling him she is going to do, and he sadistically cuts off her arm to halve her power and tells her "don't try it" go back to being a normal woman, ie don't try to be like the others in your family.
It does make me wonder though, what did Makiko exactly see in Souhaku that she got involved with him. Was she impressed with his oh-so grand plan, whatever it is? I mean, one would think that she knows what happened between her ancestor(s) and Souhaku way back in the olden times and took heed from their shared, dark history.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

kujoe wrote:
kk1 wrote:I think he knew the family history like how in the past arc Nagi's relative went around stopping all of Souhaku's allies, which she is telling him she is going to do, and he sadistically cuts off her arm to halve her power and tells her "don't try it" go back to being a normal woman, ie don't try to be like the others in your family.
It does make me wonder though, what did Makiko exactly see in Souhaku that she got involved with him. Was she impressed with his oh-so grand plan, whatever it is? I mean, one would think that she knows what happened between her ancestor(s) and Souhaku way back in the olden times and took heed from their shared, dark history.
Obviously he fooled her, and why she went back to Dougen, just a naieve young girl who wanted to believe she could make the world better. One thing about the past I wish we could have seen was the Takayanagis. We saw the 12 families but not what the Takayanagis were like and how they wrenched power from Souhaku after it seemed like he had carte blanche to do as he pleased. Maybe we'll get one more flashback lol.