Fight 105

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Fight 105

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

looks good :P

iijyanaika
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by iijyanaika »

awesome! thanks sleepy!

looks like aya isn't backing down! let's get this shit into gear! time for a beat down :D
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

"I want to be your light..."

Hmmm. Sounds like something out of a Japanese commercial.

I wonder if that's going to even mean something in this chapter specifically.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Ahh I love the splash pages that have nothing to do with the story. "I want to bwe your light"...didn't Makiko say something like that when she let Souhaku take her eye?
kidneo66
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by kidneo66 »

they're also fun to draw. fun had all involved
zangetsu
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zangetsu »

Funny how the only time Aya wears clothes is under a shower head.

So, has Asshat's fight ended yet?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

No, they didn't do anything with Asshat. It is all filling in plot and background with Kabane, Nokimi, Aya, and Takayanagi Sr. It is some good information though.
iijyanaika
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by iijyanaika »

great, i can't wait to see what kind of story development we're going to get. maybe some questions answered. can't wait :D

i wish i knew how you could order that shirt they have in this ultra jump issue, BAH!
Dgames
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Dgames »

hope we can get the translation soon i can't wait to read new stuff
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Dgames wrote:hope we can get the translation soon i can't wait to read new stuff
I'll be happy with the raws...
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

iijyanaika wrote: i wish i knew how you could order that shirt they have in this ultra jump issue, BAH!
You have to fill out the included survey card and send it in. 50 people win a Dogs shirt, 50 TJTG, and 50 the utterly idiotic Japanese war story manga one.
Kyu1982
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Kyu1982 »

hmm, I read from animesuki forum that there were few manga scanners got arrested in Japan. Like last week.

I hope it does not slow down TenTen release.
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Kyu1982 wrote:hmm, I read from animesuki forum that there were few manga scanners got arrested in Japan. Like last week.

I guess we know the reason when TT has a release and the raw doesn't hit for awhile. I suppose they didn't say what they were scanning?
iijyanaika
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by iijyanaika »

FuguTabetai wrote:You have to fill out the included survey card and send it in. 50 people win a Dogs shirt, 50 TJTG, and 50 the utterly idiotic Japanese war story manga one.
i hate lottery prizes >.>

hollowshinigami- ultra jump just came out 1 to 2(depending on where you are) days ago. so saying it hasn't come out for awhile is a bit impatient if ya ask me. it'll come in due time.

kyu1982-i scan Afternoon for a fanlisting and if anyone started griping(not saying that you're griping hollowS) about not getting it at a specific time(i.e. not soon enough) i'd probably stop scanning.

personally i think you should be buying the copies and/or manga anyways. it sucks that my bookstore doesn't get UJ until a month after it hits the shelves in japan *sigh*
Last edited by iijyanaika on Mon May 21, 2007 12:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kyu1982
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Kyu1982 »

Hollowshingami wrote:
Kyu1982 wrote:hmm, I read from animesuki forum that there were few manga scanners got arrested in Japan. Like last week.

I guess we know the reason when TT has a release and the raw doesn't hit for awhile. I suppose they didn't say what they were scanning?
Well, they didn't scan ultra jump.
They somehow got and scanned mangas from weekly shonen jump and etc before the magazine hit the store. And, publishing corporation got mad at last. It did happen time to time, but I believe it is first time to send scanners to jail I think.

Well, it is like making an example towards scanning community in Japan.
Even in U.S., we see some kids get sued for sharing music time to time.
It is the same thing. corporations in the japan do not expect any money from scanners, but want to pressure scanners.

iijyanaika, well, some of us start reading tenten from Day 1.
From our experience, there was time when we didn't get the raw for more than 2 -3 weeks, and some of us just bought the copys.
Anyway, hopefully, there is a scanner who is brave enough to scan it.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

I always buy UJ but like its been said you can't get it until a month later, scans just hold me over until then.
iijyanaika
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by iijyanaika »

ta da~well.....partially :P

Image[/img]
Swordfish II
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Swordfish II »

kk1 wrote:Ahh I love the splash pages that have nothing to do with the story.
Yeah, me too. I'm not confused enough already. :)
"I want to bwe your light"...didn't Makiko say something like that when she let Souhaku take her eye?
It is similar. She asks Souhaku to promise her "That you will take the light that I have lost and someday turn it into 'a lamp' for somone else." (vol. 14, pg. 52). Yes, we know how well Souhaku kept that promise (and Makiko still loves the guy -- crazy!).

Can't wait for the scanlation of Fight 105!
Kyu1982
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Kyu1982 »

kk1 wrote:I always buy UJ but like its been said you can't get it until a month later, scans just hold me over until then.
seems like I might have to buy this time.
I am currently in Korea for Master's degree, but for some reason, stores don't import ultrajump comparing to other magazines. Seems like many peole don't buy it here.

Hopefully, we get some story progress.
After a month wait, we get a little story progress.
i will go nuts lol
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Ricco »

There goes the "Kabane's invincible" theory...

Nokimi looks so cute with her "Kyaa!" and then covering herself up.

She looks way better with her hair down... and the fact she's just wearing a ribbon and shoes doesn't hurt either!
"Heartless angel or soulles demon NOTHING will stand in my way!"
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

http://chapjump.free.fr/Tenjo.zip

If you're still looking for it.

Finally an awesome(and long) chapter, can't wait for the translation on this, looks like alot gets explained, plus finally Aya gets to be a bad ass :o plus Nokimi nekkid :shock: Well I guess Kabane's blades are "blades"...kinda weird, next chapter should be even better. Anyone else think alot of these pages look like someone else drew them? Especially Souhaku's face...looks like some assistants got to practice this month.
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

wow... aya has impressed me in this chapter.... yeah that was kinda random that she went naked....
Swordfish II
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Swordfish II »

akibake on stoptazmo also posted a torrent link that currently is working quite well:

http://www.datorrents.com/download.asp? ... 05.torrent

I hope that posting this link here isn't any sort of breach of etiquette. If it is, I'm sure some kind soul will quickly let me know. :)
Swordfish II
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Swordfish II »

HappyStealer wrote:wow... aya has impressed me in this chapter....
Yes. I'm not quite sure what's going on (not being able to read Japanese) but it does seem that Aya doesn't like what her Dragon's Eye sees when she looks over the Academy, and isn't going to just back off and let it happen.

The two-page spread of TT characters, friend and foe, all living together happily is also intriguing. Aya is nothing if not an idealist.
yeah that was kinda random that she went naked....
From what I have seen, Oh!Great specializes in randomly showing female characters naked. :wink:

Kabane sure got Nokomi to stop laughing in his ear, that's for sure.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Swordfish II wrote:
HappyStealer wrote:wow... aya has impressed me in this chapter....
Yes. I'm not quite sure what's going on (not being able to read Japanese) but it does seem that Aya doesn't like what her Dragon's Eye sees when she looks over the Academy, and isn't going to just back off and let it happen.

The two-page spread of TT characters, friend and foe, all living together happily is also intriguing. Aya is nothing if not an idealist.
yeah that was kinda random that she went naked....
From what I have seen, Oh!Great specializes in randomly showing female characters naked. :wink:

Kabane sure got Nokomi to stop laughing in his ear, that's for sure.
That was great, and it appears Nokimi has her worms all over campus not just at Asshat's fight, and she appears to be contolling lots of people and Aya is going to kill them, so Kabane has to stop her...or at least try :wink:
Swordfish II
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Swordfish II »

kk1 wrote:it appears Nokimi has her worms all over campus not just at Asshat's fight, and she appears to be contolling lots of people and Aya is going to kill them, so Kabane has to stop her...or at least try :wink:
Yes, it looks like they're going to slash it up in the next chapter (next month -- argh!). I feel sorry for the poor people who get to put the building back together after they're through. 8)

I'm trying to sort out the alliances in motion here -- Kabane is working for Mitsoumi (being the loyal Red Feather that he is) and has been told to protect Mayatsubo Nokimi (who isn't working for Mitsoumi), since her actions somehow further Mits' goals (as Mataza mentioned in vol. 17 pg. 111). Mataza also said then that Nokimi is "a confidant of Souhaku's" (an "F" member?). But I was under the impression that Mits and Souhaku were sworn enemies (Mits did lop is head off, after all!), so... Why?

This also reflects on what I said earlier about my opinion of Mits not being the greatest. I like the guy, but I can't help but acknowledge that allowing the unwitting students of Todou Academy to be enslaved en mass by these perverse worm-things is simply not the actions of a "good guy".

Of course, TT replays again and again the theme of "a path that is righteous, but not moral". The ends justifies the means. But that seems to me to be just an easy excuse for using human beings as fodder, all in the self-justifying name of some elitist "higher purpose".
Kyu1982
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Kyu1982 »

Well, Sohaku and Mitsuomi are enemies, but
They seem to awake all the red feathers in the world.
Mitsuomi wise, he can hunt them down.
And, Sohaku wise, he wants more red feathers. (well, try to see Sohaku as Magnito in X-man)

Mitsuomi is gay I think .
I think his father was more reasonable.
His father's goal was to make a room for red feathers in the world even though world doesn't need them any more, but
Mitsuomi think important thing is power to control them. I think Mitsuomi lost (or should I say he ignore) his family's position. His family is Grain Main family which means, they should protect red feathers not hunting them down like dogs.

LEt's go back to the chapter.
First, ty for raw.
Hmm, is it just me or did OG draw characters very realistic kind way?
I felt his drawing is a little changed.

And, haha, OG never forget to give us fan service.
Nokimi isn't really bad looking. :twisted:
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Kyu1982 wrote:His father's goal was to make a room for red feathers in the world even though world doesn't need them any more, but
Mitsuomi think important thing is power to control them. I think Mitsuomi lost (or should I say he ignore) his family's position. His family is Grain Main family which means, they should protect red feathers not hunting them down like dogs.
I thought Dougen's goal was to further improve the status of his clan by producing a True Warrior. Moreover, didn't Dougen look down on the red feather families back then as well?
iijyanaika
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by iijyanaika »

thanks a bunch for the raw!

people seem to have forgotten that the reason why mitsuomi is letting kabane help out nokimi is because of what she can do. her skill is something mitsuomi apparently wants to take once the bugs have been more *cultivated* and use it towards improving upon the *true warrior*. it was just the last chapter that kabane was talking about that

i'm interested in what nagi ichiyou from the past wrote down, that dougen read up on. obviously something on sohaku. and are all of dougen's plans going according to what ichiyou was expecting of the takayanagi's

kabane definitely knows how to shut a yapping girl up :P

i can't wait for the next chapter, but TJTG is going on break next month :(

DAMNIT!
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

iijyanaika wrote:
i'm interested in what nagi ichiyou from the past wrote down, that dougen read up on. obviously something on sohaku.

!
From the few kanji I know it looks like how to kill him.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

kujoe wrote:
Kyu1982 wrote:His father's goal was to make a room for red feathers in the world even though world doesn't need them any more, but
I thought Dougen's goal was to further improve the status of his clan by producing a True Warrior. Moreover, didn't Dougen look down on the red feather families back then as well?
No this is a misperception because of what he did to Shin, in reality Shin's father was one of Dougen's best freinds and they were trying together to help the red feathers. He went off on the true warrior thing after Shin killed his parents.
Kyu1982
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Kyu1982 »

kk1 said what I need to say.
For Shin's case, Dougen hated Shin for killing Shin's father who is closest friend for Dougen. And, Dougen decided to use Shin besides wasting him.
I think it is a way of showing mercy to his best friend's son.

In this chapter, it seems like Dougen found out the truth behind Sohaku when he was young from old documents. So, Dougen probably decided to make true warrior to counter Sohaku's plan, and Shin somehow killed his parents during that time, so Shin became one of tool for Dougen.

BTW, Who left those documents about Sohaku?
Is it Nagi Ichiuu ?
Dgames
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Dgames »

i might be wrong but from the images of the chapter i've seen it looks like dougen realised that souhako is in souichiro body its just the impression i get because i don't know japanese

PS: i'm probably wrong those images could also be what refered above texts about souhako left by nagi ichygou that dougen was reading
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Kyu1982 wrote:kk1 said what I need to say.
For Shin's case, Dougen hated Shin for killing Shin's father who is closest friend for Dougen. And, Dougen decided to use Shin besides wasting him.
I think it is a way of showing mercy to his best friend's son.

In this chapter, it seems like Dougen found out the truth behind Sohaku when he was young from old documents. So, Dougen probably decided to make true warrior to counter Sohaku's plan, and Shin somehow killed his parents during that time, so Shin became one of tool for Dougen.

BTW, Who left those documents about Sohaku?
Is it Nagi Ichiuu ?
Uhh Yes...there's his picture wrting them and it says his name Nagi Ichiyou.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Dgames wrote:i might be wrong but from the images of the chapter i've seen it looks like dougen realised that souhako is in souichiro body its just the impression i get because i don't know japanese

PS: i'm probably wrong those images could also be what refered above texts about souhako left by nagi ichygou that dougen was reading
I think he knows, it looks like Kabane knows and is talking to Aya about it and if he knows Dougen knows.
Dgames
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Dgames »

aya already knows about that in the vision of the past arc the reiki showed aya the ichigou nagi being taking over by souhaku and at the same time what was happening whit souichiro i think aya hasn't reveled that to anyone because maybe she is searchin for a way to bring souichiro bak
iijyanaika
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by iijyanaika »

aya doesn't need to bring souichrou back, he never went anywhere. she probably wants to get sohaku out.

she should just sneak up on nagi while he's sleeping and cut his right eye out. then just be like oops, my bad :P

i wonder what the enforcement group was cahtting about with dougen. especially with his little evil grin. so much infor from this chapter >.<
Kyu1982
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Kyu1982 »

iijyanaika wrote:aya doesn't need to bring souichrou back, he never went anywhere. she probably wants to get sohaku out.

she should just sneak up on nagi while he's sleeping and cut his right eye out. then just be like oops, my bad :P

i wonder what the enforcement group was cahtting about with dougen. especially with his little evil grin. so much infor from this chapter >.<
hmm, I think you guys miss bunch of stuff in manga.
Aya made a deal with Sohaku and no one knows about it.
probably it was a trade to save her sister's life.
And, Sohaku probably asked for her silence about him and possibly some other thing that we do not know yet.

Dgames, Nagi Ichiyou never took over by Sohaku. one who lost his body, was Shoujo ( the shape shifter). In this chapter, Nagi Ichiyou left the document about Sohaku.
iijyanaika
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by iijyanaika »

nothing was missed(and one conversation doesn't really merit -a bunch of stuff-). we know that sohaku made some kind of deal. that's pretty clear from his conversastion in fight 98.

he didn't *probably ask her for her silence*. he laid out the facts to her, plain and simple:your sister is dying with an electrode in her heart, and you want this man. for her, she has no way around it at the moment. she's obviously trying to plot something

kabane=bishop
aya=knight

it probably means nothing but since knight is going to get away, bishop can still take the rook. if OG is actually being consistent with the board, i wonder who kabane is going to take out after this fight unfolds.
(masataka=rook
mawari=knight
maya=king
just looked at vol 12)
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

iijyanaika wrote:nothing was missed(and one conversation doesn't really merit -a bunch of stuff-). we know that sohaku made some kind of deal. that's pretty clear from his conversastion in fight 98.

he didn't *probably ask her for her silence*. he laid out the facts to her, plain and simple:your sister is dying with an electrode in her heart, and you want this man. for her, she has no way around it at the moment. she's obviously trying to plot something

kabane=bishop
aya=knight

it probably means nothing but since knight is going to get away, bishop can still take the rook. if OG is actually being consistent with the board, i wonder who kabane is going to take out after this fight unfolds.
(masataka=rook
mawari=knight
maya=king
just looked at vol 12)
Exactly about Aya and Souhaku, she knows she can't directly do anything but she knows she will be the sword for whoever does stop Souhaku. Reikii told her that in fight 89. Loved the chess imagery, good catch on vol 12 forgot about that. Interesting, I wonder if he is forshadowing with the chess board? If he is than Aya can't "take" Kabane, and if she moves he can "take" Masataka, out of course he can "take" her if she doesn't move...Oh! Great is pretty cool with his imagery 8)
Oh and this should be the end of vol 17 right, new color pages to start the next volume right?
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Kyu1982 wrote:Dgames, Nagi Ichiyou never took over by Sohaku. .
I think he meant our Nagi. Souichiro.
Swordfish II
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Swordfish II »

iijyanaika wrote: kabane=bishop
aya=knight

(masataka=rook
mawari=knight
maya=king
just looked at vol 12)
Very cool -- the symbolism of the chess game is something I didn't see until now. Many thanks for your insight!

The images of the chess pieces on vol. 12 pg. 28 make it somewhat difficult to be completely sure that the piece representing Maya is indeed a King, not a Queen chess-piece. Standards denote that (http://content.answers.com/main/content ... essSet.jpg) only the King has an cross-like symbol on it, and in Oh!Great's depiction, we see that there is one other large piece that sports similar ornamentation (on the extreme left side of the middle frame).

My guess is that Mitsoumi would be the king on the black side of the board.
Dgames
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Dgames »

anyone knows when fugu will have this chapter translated for us?
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Dgames wrote:anyone knows when fugu will have this chapter translated for us?
When he's done :wink: patience Fugu is a busy man.
Dgames
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Dgames »

ok i was just asking i really want to read this chapter it looks a realy interesting chapter :wink:
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

my translation is up in the usual place for the impatient.
Dgames
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Dgames »

thank you for the translations fugu :) :)
Kyu1982
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Kyu1982 »

Oh god.
No Tenten next month.
OG wants his fan to go nuts next 2 month.

Maybe he is doing new Hentai manga. :twisted:
Dgames
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Dgames »

2 month for the next fight?? don't they think a month wait is to long and they make it even bigger??? Hope OG gives a long fight next month :)
Strangler
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Strangler »

Thanks Fugu.

There is the confirmation the "genius" was Ichyou. Kabane talked about "true nature of its blade"...

Interesting for the following.
Wandering star