Nagi and Maya........(Spoilers)

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

dieseltrain
Yuurei
Yuurei

Nagi and Maya........(Spoilers)

Post by dieseltrain »

still going to be a item?

question for those who have read up to what has been released or even further then whats been released in english. let me know your opinion.
shock
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by shock »

I have doubts 'bout it but we can't rule out the possibilities. No offense... but won't it be kinda 'weird'?
dieseltrain
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by dieseltrain »

shock wrote:I have doubts 'bout it but we can't rule out the possibilities. No offense... but won't it be kinda 'weird'?
weird?
shock
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by shock »

dieseltrain wrote:weird?
Uh, yes... It might not seem weird to you but to me it's like a 5 yr old and a 27 yr old romance. No offense, no pun intended, really. :?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Were they ever an item? That wasn't clear to me. Maya tried to explain the kiss away as a healing technique, if you remember.

Interestingly, this becomes an important plot item that pops up at the end of chapter 49 I believe.

fugu
Tommy-kun
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Tommy-kun »

Ummm.... Volume 4, page 130/131???

May I quote loosely?? "Maya is the first girl I ever loved. When she pushed me off the 3rd floor, it was love at first sight."

And it's not like Maya doesn't like Nagi, too. He simply doesn't get wrapped up and acts straight out.

And where did Maya try to get out of that vision?? I only remember her being slightly frustrated about Aya finding out about the "kissing scene" :twisted:

Tommy
Ger24
Tamashii
Tamashii

Re: Nagi and Maya........(Spoilers)

Post by Ger24 »

dieseltrain wrote:still going to be a item?

question for those who have read up to what has been released or even further then whats been released in english. let me know your opinion.
Well, from looking at the most current UJ chapters Nagi saved Aya by using his inner strength twice, so it looks like he cares about her.
Tommy-kun
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Tommy-kun »

Well, reading those very last translated pages I think I understand... Aya has really matured. A girl with such a true heart :oops:

So all fans of Maya n Taka can hope again, though Maya is... kinda... cold
Rein
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Rein »

Well, here's how I look at it. Nagi likes Maya, Maya probably likes Nagi, Aya likes Nagi, and Nagi probably likes Aya. So here's my two cent on the issue. If Nagi gets with Aya, then Maya will probably feel sad, same if it's the other way around. Since this is manga I believe the best way to solve this is that Nagi gets both of them. Sure, this probably wouldn't work in our reality but hey this is fiction. I think that would make everyone happy. The sisters seem so close I doubt sharing would be a problem. Hehe :lol:
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Rein wrote:Well, here's how I look at it. Nagi likes Maya, Maya probably likes Nagi, Aya likes Nagi, and Nagi probably likes Aya. So here's my two cent on the issue. If Nagi gets with Aya, then Maya will probably feel sad, same if it's the other way around. Since this is manga I believe the best way to solve this is that Nagi gets both of them. Sure, this probably wouldn't work in our reality but hey this is fiction. I think that would make everyone happy. The sisters seem so close I doubt sharing would be a problem. Hehe :lol:
Whaaaat? Nagi does not like Aya that way. He does like her, but no way he wants to date her. He is attracted to Maya though. Maya might like him, but not in a serious way.

More than that though, no way Oh! Great would fall to the cliche of having Nagi get both of them. I have more trust in Oh! Great than that...

I'm more interested in what will happen with Masataka - I think some interesting things can happen with him.
Dart
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Dart »

I'm more interested in what will happen with Masataka - I think some interesting things can happen with him.[/quote]

I agree, I don't think it would be right if he were left out.
Don't hate me because I'm annoying
Rein
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Rein »

FuguTabetai wrote:More than that though, no way Oh! Great would fall to the cliche of having Nagi get both of them. I have more trust in Oh! Great than that...

I'm more interested in what will happen with Masataka - I think some interesting things can happen with him.
Cliche? This books have enough cliches to fill up the Great Lakes. What's another cliche here and there? Well the only thing I can think of that might happen with Masataka is that he'll fall for Maya somehow. I just don't see him with Aya working out too well. Heck that would be damn funny if he did get with Maya. Hell, she likes his older brother....so there might be a chance there.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Rein wrote:
FuguTabetai wrote:More than that though, no way Oh! Great would fall to the cliche of having Nagi get both of them. I have more trust in Oh! Great than that...

Cliche? This books have enough cliches to fill up the Great Lakes. What's another cliche here and there? Well the only thing I can think of that might happen with Masataka is that he'll fall for Maya somehow. I just don't see him with Aya working out too well. Heck that would be damn funny if he did get with Maya. Hell, she likes his older brother....so there might be a chance there.
Ok, I should have said "Bad Harem Manga Cliches" - sure TJTG sticks fairly in the middle to its genre, but it is not a harem manga at all. In fact, it has some very detailed, strong, and interesting female characters that are much more than just distractions that fawn over a loser male character.
blkat9
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by blkat9 »

I agree with Fugu...there is a lot more to TJTG than meets the eye. When I first started reading it, I thought..."Wow, another fighting manga genre" But TJTG has surprised me with its depth of characterization. Of course, there is still plenty of fan service which is common to most anime and mangas but I appreciate beautiful drawn art and a nicely driven plot that characterizes TJTG.

Last, I really don't see Masataka getting together with Maya. Neither one has feelings for one another at the moment and it seems doubtful that they will somehow realize their love for each other. Maya is more interested in Mitsuomi and Masataka is throughly obssessed with Aya. Which leads to my belief that Masataka will be in conflict with Nagi over Aya eventually (the Mitsuomi vs Shin idea) and there also will probably be the conflict with Aya and Mitsuomi with the others playing a major role. Either way, I look forward to see how the plot will unfold.
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Post by burrowowl »

I personally wouldn't be too suprized if Aya or Maya doesn't survive to the end of the series. What with all the tragedy that has been centered around Maya throughout the series, it would be fitting for any of the following to happen:

Nagi expresses his feelings for Maya, Aya is completely aware of this (due to the Dragon's Eye) and does something stupid that gets herself killed.

Maya, still overloaded with baggage regarding Mitsuomi, does something stupid during a "final showdown" type confrontation between Nagi and Mitsuomi, resulting in her own death (this would be at least somewhat foreshadowed by the final showdown between Shin and Mitsuomi in the "flashback" plotline).

Unless Masataka takes after his older brother more than has been shown up to this point, I rather doubt there will be a physical confrontation between him and Nagi over Aya. It would seem appropriate to Masataka's character to let Aya end up with whomever she ultimately wants to be with.

Of course, I think the whole thing will take a horrific "shonen ai" turn for the worse, and Nagi will end up with Masataka, and Bob will end up with Bunshichi. :)

OK, nevermind that. I strongly suspect that this series won't end up with a "happy happy love-love" pairing situation at all.
Rein
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Rein »

I would agree that if Maya did in fact die later on it would resolve a lot of conflicts. Then again she might get with Mitsuomi somehow if he doesn't end up dying from his illness. I highly doubt Aya will die as she seems to play a huge role in the story. As of late her role has become larger and larger. She is what drives the conflict along and keep it there as well.

This story just might have a happy happy ending. Story that starts out sad usually end up pretty nice. Then, again Oh! Great might get drunk on night and totaly screw up the damn story, we'll just have to wait and see.
Rain_Cassidy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rain_Cassidy »

Some of you guys are just hopeless. Maya and Masataka? Who are you kidding??? :lol:

Masataka is a complete loser who will never change. He will end up with absolutely no one, happily following behind Aya's heels and enthusiastically congratulating her on finding her "fine man who'll make her happy", then he'll turn around to Aya's man and congratulate him and tell him to treat her nicely. And all the time secretly wanting Aya for himself but never having the guts to do anything about it.

Agent Wax is sick of Wolverine types? Well I'm sick of Masataka type loser boys who get a lot of sympathy from some ppl. I better stop before I get too hissy, but I really dislike his wimpiness. It's preventing him from being natural in front of Aya. How does he expect to win a girl when all he does is act like a pervy idiot? Idiot.

Aya <> Nagi = Nagi will come to see how Aya's matured. Besides, Maya isn't serious about him at all.

Maya <> Mits = Nobody gets between these 2. Just look at the way they stare at each other and spout posturing sweet-nothings.

Masataka <> His hand = Whichever he likes better. Hey, he can have both! Whee. :P

Oh my, that was crass... :(
Rein
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Rein »

Damn that's one way of saying what I wanted to say but the bare bone of it. No sugar coated sweetness for Rain I guess. Works for me. haha
Dart
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Dart »

I can't say I don't feel sorry for masataka, but oh well...
Don't hate me because I'm annoying
standa-man
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by standa-man »

burrowowl wrote: Of course, I think the whole thing will take a horrific "shonen ai" turn for the worse, and Nagi will end up with Masataka, and Bob will end up with Bunshichi. :)
Oy... haha.. that made me laugh. Although it seems like Bob and Masataka are getting along pretty well in recent chaps.