Just for fun

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Just for fun

Post by FuguTabetai »

Just for fun I did a search on fugu and manga or something like that.

Reading http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5687 and http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17128 was interesting.

One thing that struck me was (from someone)
Furthermore, I can't work below someone who doesn't seem inspired enough. They provide no feedback on the forums, have an outdated site, they're slow and don't take the slightest bit of time to even rotate pages a bit. I'm way too perfectionistic for that group.
Yeah, I guess my website is out of date. I basically just use the forum to update stuff. I didn't know that I don't provide any feedback though. I just thought that people generally don't ask many questions (this place has slowed down a lot since 2002.)

It is unfortunate that the quality of TenTen is pretty crap though. I thought I did a good job on the early volumes of Tenjo Tenge, since I scanned stuff myself from the tanks and then used GMAO for the editing, I wanted to show that a manga edited in a simple way by one guy could be high quality. I thought I did a good job of it too.

Once I caught up with the Ultra Jump releases though, I got a bunch of crap from people about not getting chapters out more quickly, so I started to use the raws from Ultra Jump scans which are pretty low quality. Also, since I've been doing this a few years now I decided a while back that I don't want to spend lots of time on things with little payback: basically lots of image level editing, redrawing, etc. I spend my time on the translation, and put the text out so people can see the Japanese - English translation if they are interested the language.

but reading random things on the web -- and man, there is a lot more talk about tenjo tenge in places other than here -- basically people just want stuff now now now.

Ain't the net a wonderful place? :)
Hramm
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Hramm »

Keep it up Fugu. ^^'
Kyu1982
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Kyu1982 »

hmm,
Fugu.
Whoever left that comment is nothing but some loser or kid.
A punk who doesn't understand people with RL jobs and busy schedules.

Tenten is monthly magazine, so most members only post times around raw release. We cannot do much about website's activities. And, I think many members of this site read Tenten for a long time, so we are kinda too old to make a 100pg discussion about the manga like young people at Naruto fan.

And, I believe this is only site that gives translation and summery of chapters by members. Even they say they have problems, they will end up coming back to the site.
Dembol
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Dembol »

Some people were , are and will always be ungrateful. That's what I've learned during my short leadership of Mongolian Chop Scans.

In my humble opinion the first TJTG scans were some of the best quality I encountered during my long relationship with scanlations. They were (and still are) at least twice the size of everything that was released with good quality. If 50-60MB per volume (even from UJ scans) is not enough then I really don't know what is.

As for the updates and such: Are there any other TJTG sites/forums, where you can chat with so many dedicated fans who have huge knowledge on the subject? I guees not.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Dembol wrote:Some people were , are and will always be ungrateful. That's what I've learned during my short leadership of Mongolian Chop Scans.

In my humble opinion the first TJTG scans were some of the best quality I encountered during my long relationship with scanlations. They were (and still are) at least twice the size of everything that was released with good quality. If 50-60MB per volume (even from UJ scans) is not enough then I really don't know what is.

As for the updates and such: Are there any other TJTG sites/forums, where you can chat with so many dedicated fans who have huge knowledge on the subject? I guees not.
No, most other fans out thereare just morons, this is the only place I've seen with fans with a little intelligence, especilly now that Mr. Prophet left (j/k). Keep up the great work Fugu, I hope that didn't leave you feeling underappreciated.
endre86
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by endre86 »

Yeah, keep it up, Fugu!
Also thx 4 the good work so far. Even if I don't post many messages I'm still gratefull for the chapters.
If it weren't for this site I didn't know where I would get the translations of TJTG.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Dembol wrote:In my humble opinion the first TJTG scans were some of the best quality I encountered during my long relationship with scanlations. They were (and still are) at least twice the size of everything that was released with good quality. If 50-60MB per volume (even from UJ scans) is not enough then I really don't know what is.
Actually, I think the quality of the scans I use now to translate are total crap, but since I am not pushing "scanlations" as output of my translation effort -- I only put up the text translations and everything else is just gravy -- I don't worry about it too much. But I prefer the quality when I was scanning myself - if you check my recent Dogs translations they are scans from Ultra Jump that I do myself and are much better. I'm just too busy to scan TenTen too when there are already scans that are useable for translation.

Anyway, I don't expect much from the internet but I was pretty surprised that a simple search would turn up a few threads on other boards of people complaining about TenTen. Especially the "does not offer feedback" because I'm pretty sure I respond fairly well over here.

Maybe they don't know about the MangaTranslation.com forums though. :P

btw, I have started the TenTen 109 translation, and am back at home in Tokyo now. Chapter 110 comes out tomorrow, so for the first time in a while I'll be behind by a month, but I'll probably get 109 done within a week.
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

Screw them Fugu. If it weren't for you, there wouldn't be any translations for tenten, they are just a bunch of ingrates, who doesn't understand that maintaining a website is hard work and some people do not have all day to sit at a computer and update their website. People have lives and I wish people who hate/nag on scanslators and translators for not having it "on time" realize the amount of work they put into all of this.
Strangler
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Strangler »

Well, uneducated people consider all has to be given to them, and any service, even free, is due. Since you translate manga, you are, for them, forced to do the best job and be perfect. What a mockery.

Regarding your planning, you are doing an amazing work. And well, you are completely amateur (in the sense of you do it in your free time, as much as for you as for us).
Screw them yeah.

Thank you again for the 109.
Wandering star