chapter 47

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Waso Dodu
Yuurei
Yuurei

chapter 47

Post by Waso Dodu »

:D

you got a new translator/editor, fugu ?
it was nicely done

the chapter seem a bit short
but im glad were back to the present
arpl
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by arpl »

Thanks for the new chapter Fugu!
BTW,is it just me or that the drawing seem a bit "off"? Seems it is uglier than the previous volumes.
Ger24
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Ger24 »

Thanks!!Fugu

Very funny chapter!! Great to be back to the present! Oh! Greats art has changed, but I think it looks pretty good except Masataka he looks really looks messed up!
blackkenshi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by blackkenshi »

Got a question. Why does Mitsuomi say to Maya that shes repeating the same mistake over and over
drunken_panda
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by drunken_panda »

yeah arpl, i had noticed that the the drawing were different but i can't put my finger, its like they seem more mature or its smoother of something but o wells, i liked the change whatever it may be haha
jasonred
Yuurei
Yuurei

oh dear...

Post by jasonred »

Well, I'm not sure if I should reveal this, but...

Page 54, the rose to heaven thing... the "implies a kind of death"...

You guys heard of the expression "died a little death"?

And... you realize he was REALLY depressed?

And that he was thinking to himself, "Darn! After just a little stimulation here, alittle stimulation there, I... Can I still qualify as a man?"

Have you heard of the term "premature ejaculation"?

YES.

THAT is why he's catatonically depressed. Poor guy...
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Out of curiosity, Fugu, just what were the words on Masataka's dick on Page 53 when Aya grabbed it?

Agent Wax
jasonred
Yuurei
Yuurei

Masataka's Dick

Post by jasonred »

Is it supposed to be long or short? I recall Chiaki snickering that it was small, (compared to Bob? Japanese vs Black man's dick... no contest...) but Bob says it's big?

Or was that "long skin" comment something to do with him being uncircumcised, ie has foreskin? I mean, since he got zipper bite and all. OUCH! Proving enough someone who can beat a hundred people in minutes can be taken down by zipper bite...

Also, what's this baseless claim by Bob that Masataka has better skills than Mitsoumi?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Re: chapter 47

Post by FuguTabetai »

Waso Dodu wrote::D

you got a new translator/editor, fugu ?
it was nicely done

the chapter seem a bit short
but im glad were back to the present
Ki Shodar sent in one or two "edits" earlier on, so I asked him to do a few more. Big thanks go to Ki Shodar for editing out the text and some other stuff on the images.

I'm the only translator on TJTG around here. The only translator around here lately actually...

fugu
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Agent_Wax wrote:Out of curiosity, Fugu, just what were the words on Masataka's dick on Page 53 when Aya grabbed it?

Agent Wax
If I could have read it, I would have translated it. I just can't make out the kanji character.

fugu
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Re: Masataka's Dick

Post by FuguTabetai »

jasonred wrote:Is it supposed to be long or short? I recall Chiaki snickering that it was small, (compared to Bob? Japanese vs Black man's dick... no contest...) but Bob says it's big?

Or was that "long skin" comment something to do with him being uncircumcised, ie has foreskin? I mean, since he got zipper bite and all. OUCH! Proving enough someone who can beat a hundred people in minutes can be taken down by zipper bite...
I don't know. That's what it said - like I said in the notes, it looks like slang, but I could be totally wrong. I just have not had much of an interest in seeking out knowledge about how to talk about guys dicks in Japanese.
jasonred wrote: Also, what's this baseless claim by Bob that Masataka has better skills than Mitsoumi?
Trying to incite him? Maybe he knows something we don't? We haven't seen Masataka in action for a while. I think he's just trying to piss off Mitsuomi though.

fugu
zombi3d
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zombi3d »

well i thought the art looked really 'real' this chapter
i likes it alot, and i think o great just added on more cup size to the natsume family......:drool:

anyways

from what i remeber, masatak was seriou only twice, when he beat the c rap out of nagi and pulbverised the floor around him, and when he was about to beat up the transvestite bodygaurd mitsumi had

even aya and maya couldnt stop masatak from beating the hell out of nagi, but he didnt even punch nagi full power, he just missed on purpose

but with the transvestite dude, mits attacked from behind, when masatak was busy with the freak....

come to think of it, we havent seen many of the characters 'full power'.
mits and nagi fight was stopped
masataka, still dont know his full power
bob, barely fights
aya, we just got to see her dragon's eye once ( but she's fighting with maya in the next chapter i think)

i think this way works out better.
when u know the limits of the characters u kinda lose interest in the long run
OH great keeps us wondering, that bastard
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Is it supposed to be long or short? I recall Chiaki snickering that it was small, (compared to Bob? Japanese vs Black man's dick... no contest...) but Bob says it's big?
Bob was just messing with Mitsuomi. Masataka is uncut, sure (goddamn zippers, always out to get me), but Aya's small hands could pretty much cover all of it. You get to see Bob's dick in (sort of) in Vol. 9. And they don't come bigger than that.

Also, what's this baseless claim by Bob that Masataka has better skills than Mitsoumi?
When you think about it, we haven't really seen Masataka fight much. He can conceivably be stronger than his brother. Besides, Mitsuomi's good, but his current power level is a direct result of what Shin did to him, and doesn't come from himself, as Masataka's. The boy punches through concrete floors, for God's sake...
And anyway, Mitsuomi can only last 3 minutes...

Agent Wax
Arbrus
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Arbrus »

Besides, Mitsuomi's good, but his current power level is a direct result of what Shin did to him
since then hes been pushing him self more and more...he may only last 3 mins but the power hell be using will devastate almost anyone....think of the poor cow

i do think that Masataka is very powerful but Mits isnt someone that will be taken down easly
My therapist says you're not real
majin-devil
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by majin-devil »

Mitsuomi last only 3 minutes years ago, so he may have improved now.

3 minutes is also more than enough to beat the crap out of anyone, considering the differences in skill/power. Just look how he trashed the tougou kakugi bu.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

majin-devil wrote:Mitsuomi last only 3 minutes years ago, so he may have improved now.
or, since what makes him strong is actually on the path to killing him maybe he can't last as long as he used to. We just don't know...
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Re: Masataka's Dick

Post by FuguTabetai »

FuguTabetai wrote:
jasonred wrote:Is it supposed to be long or short? I recall Chiaki snickering that it was small, (compared to Bob? Japanese vs Black man's dick... no contest...) but Bob says it's big?

I don't know. That's what it said - like I said in the notes, it looks like slang, but I could be totally wrong. I just have not had much of an interest in seeking out knowledge about how to talk about guys dicks in Japanese.
By the way, my girlfriend is back from Japan now, and I asked her about this panel. She was confused as well. She said I could probably just leave it as "skin" - but she doesn't know what it "meant". So I think my interpretation stands - it is kind of funny at least. And fits in with the who "incite Mitsuomi" thing.

fugu
blkat9
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by blkat9 »

Hello, I'm newly registered to the site. I am a standard resident lurker type and typically too scared to post but I love this manga far too much. Oh Great! has a wonderful style and I really appreciate Fugu's work to translate it. Thanks a million Fugu!

Now onto the manga itself,

I love how Oh Great! has set up the events in this chapter. It is obvious that there is a collision course headed between Aya, Maya, and Mitsuomi. I'm not exactly sure how the others will play into the story but I'm sure Oh Great! wont' fail to please.

Actually I think Oh Great! might pull a great twist on us, possibly. Everyone thinks that the fight focus will either be Aya vs Mitsuomi or Nagi vs Mitsuomi, but I think Masataka is a point of contention. I believe that he might fight Nagi again over his love (or infatuation) of Aya. In fact, the main fight focus might be on Nagi and Masataka (repeating the Shin vs. Mitsuomi fight over Maya) Both character have shown themselves to be fairly strong...but of course Oh Great! keeps things delibrately unclear on who is stronger.

Also, I think Mitsuoumi would have a lower time frame than the one before two years ago for fighting his battles. If his heart is beating 200 times a minute...that's a lot of strain on the heart. The heart wouldn't get stronger over time, but weaker...which is why Mitsuomi seems to have a death wish. He knows he will die fairly soon and is trying to establish something as his legacy I believe.

Well, time will tell on the various fights and such...

And I have to say...Tawara Bushinichi is the strongest of them all. ;) Just cause of his winning personality.
Rein
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Rein »

Well must agree there. I seriously don't even think that anyone's heart can beat 200 beats per minute, but hey it's fiction. That would be true that if he used that "power" often then his heart will get weaker over time and eventually give out. Think of it this way, your heart is like a light, there is only a limited amount of time you can turn it on and off. If you do enough, it will evenutally die out like your heart.

Then again, you never know....Mitsuoumi might be saved somehow, it all depends on how popular he is in the story and will decide if Oh! Great will keep him around or not. So far, he has my vote for a long running character.