Fight 112

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Fight 112

Post by kk1 »

Looks sweet, hope the cover of UJ isn't a memerorial to Bunshichi.
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

looks like its going to be more then sweet (maya?.. has to be maya ><)

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c223/ ... ght112.jpg
Last edited by Sleepy Weasel on Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

Reminds me of recent Gantz.
DemonNeedle
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by DemonNeedle »

It felt so long since I heard any news about TT. I guess it's because the last chapter came out last year, technically. And then it seemed like they kept pushing back the release of 112, but I'm glad that we get to see something.
tkstka
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by tkstka »

so when will raw be up?
iijyanaika
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by iijyanaika »

asking for the raw before the magazine is even out >.< it's only 9am over in japan, so give it a little time.

if we don't get anything in the next two days, i get my copy in on wednesday.

wonder who the next fight is going to be.
pintudao
Tamashii
Tamashii

thanks

Post by pintudao »

Thanks for the cover. It looks really nice! Does anyone know if that mask carries any special symbolism and what is the meaning of the sentences on the cover?
DemonNeedle
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by DemonNeedle »

I don't what the text in japanese says, but the mask she is wearing is an Hannya mask: the mask of a vengeful and jealous woman that turned into a demon. I'm not that sure about this, but the woman that wears the mask turns into a demonic snake and devours a priest and a temple bell. Don't know if that's the actual story, but the priest could represent Souhaku...but that's farfetched.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Volume 18 also out, with a weird-looking AYa cover. The new UJ has an alternate cover for vol. 18.
"Swallow your food whole, fool! Do you not know that mastication makes you go blind?"
iijyanaika
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by iijyanaika »

yeah, i'm not too sure what to say about the new cover, and the alt cover. as much as i love gothic, i was really hoping for a kabane cover. hell asshat got a cover.

the roses and the thorns, i'd understand if it was sunflowers. meh.

seems our little lady finally woke up. hopefully she's not crying cause bunshichi may/may not be dead >.<[/img]
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Re: thanks

Post by FuguTabetai »

pintudao wrote:Thanks for the cover. It looks really nice! Does anyone know if that mask carries any special symbolism and what is the meaning of the sentences on the cover?
Despite living in Tokyo, I'm not really up on my Japanese mythology.

The text says something like "Many thousands of hearts are thrown into confusion, and no matter how much blood you spill, there are some roads that you are unable to walk. Embrace anger and sadness, and celebrate deeply with us as we clear the way for our own path!!" Or something like that.

Anyway, I picked up the new ultra jump on my way home from work tonight.
pintudao
Tamashii
Tamashii

thanks

Post by pintudao »

Thanks for the responses, guys!
Dominant Star
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Dominant Star »

nice picture of Maya (i assume it's her..)

But what's up with the mask anyway??
Signature - Do i need one???
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Ricco »

Could be Shouyou(spelling?), she has to wear an emotionless "mask" and when she uses her power she becomes someone else. The mask analogy with her power is an easy one to make.

Of course it's most likely maya, but you never know...
"Heartless angel or soulles demon NOTHING will stand in my way!"
DemonNeedle
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by DemonNeedle »

Like Shouyou ( I think that's close to the actual spelling)have tata's that big. Maya, Aya, or Emi are the only ones that it could possibly be under the Hannya mask.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

quick summary

Post by FuguTabetai »

That is Maya in the mask. A quick summary:

Tawara takes a beat-down from Mitsuomi, but then gets up and wants to fight some more.

Maya complains that she's always pushed her responsibility onto other people (she should have stopped her brother, yada yada yada) but now finally will put an end to it all. She's going to stop Mitsuomi herself tomorrow. She tells Tawara to back off.

Tawara then goes into a spiel about how when he hits someone, it is always because he wants to hit them. He doesn't care what other want. He thinks about the future that he wants, and then tries to take that future with his own fists. He calls Mitsuomi a coward - and Maya too for just wanting to go off and have a romantic martyr moment - which sets off some reflection in Mitsuomi. He agrees that he needs to shape the future to how he would like it for himself, and we end the chapter with the two facing off against each other.

It is an ok chapter. (summary based off of memory from a quick read.)
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Ricco »

Sweet! Maya's back! Nothing else matters!!!
"Heartless angel or soulles demon NOTHING will stand in my way!"
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

Ricco wrote:Sweet! Maya's back! Nothing else matters!!!

same thought crossed my mind heh
EyesOfAsia
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by EyesOfAsia »

Sleepy Weasel wrote:
Ricco wrote:Sweet! Maya's back! Nothing else matters!!!

same thought crossed my mind heh
Mine too. :D
iijyanaika
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by iijyanaika »

just got my ultra jump, getting settled in, and i have to leave in a few minutes, so i'll try to upload cam shots for those wanting.

fugu's off memory summary is pretty much it.

-----------------------------------------------
here ya go
http://www.sendspace.com/file/aog4kv

i took a pic of one of the insert pics in the vol18 manga.

quality is really shitty cause i'm in a rush to head out, so no bitching :P enojy~
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Whoah, that's a crapload of delicious Maya nekkidness. Unfortunately she's not back. That's just her ghost.
"Swallow your food whole, fool! Do you not know that mastication makes you go blind?"
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

Agent_Wax wrote:Whoah, that's a crapload of delicious Maya nekkidness. Unfortunately she's not back. That's just her ghost.

thats back!.. just not errr all back :P

i still have no doubt that she will be completely back. cant drag something like this out over 2 volumes and not have her come back. thats just a waste of story.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

What's the deal with the last page spread? Looks like Aya kissing Souichirou for the spread, not sure though, the hair doesn't look black. Dougen's a douche, I hope he dies at the end of all this.
iijyanaika
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by iijyanaika »

the last page is just talking about the vol18 release.

i'm glad the bunshichi fight didn't end in just that chapter. let's see a war
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Jaysus Kerriisstt onna bike. Why the fark is RSF now using that absolutely shitty waste of domain name called megacrapload? That's the same as not uploading it in the first place.
mili
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by mili »

Well first of all- i'm so happy that Maya is back.
I don't care that she's a ghost/non-material or something like that.
She still kick ass ;P
About Mitsuomi x Tawara fight- i wish Tawara good luck, but i don't belive that he will win...someone will stop him definetly...Maya probably (if she really wake up "tomorrow").
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Why do people keep saying that Maya is a ghost? I didn't think that at all.

I did just read through the chapter quickly, but it looked to me like she was alive (if somewhat weak.) People were listening to her, and responding too.
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

FuguTabetai wrote:Why do people keep saying that Maya is a ghost? I didn't think that at all.

I did just read through the chapter quickly, but it looked to me like she was alive (if somewhat weak.) People were listening to her, and responding too.

woot
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Hmmm. I can't confirm until I get some high quality scans, but I thought that Maya is a ghost because of :

1). The mask. It's supposed to denote a female spirit. And unless Bun-chan brought it along when he raided Mitsuomi's office, I don't see where she could have gotten it?

2). I thought that only Mitsuomi could see her (Pg 6), and the people were just wondering why he was talking to himself.

3). She'd been clinically dead the past few chapters.
mili
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by mili »

FuguTabetai wrote:Why do people keep saying that Maya is a ghost? I didn't think that at all.
Let me explain that:
2). I thought that only Mitsuomi could see her (Pg 6), and the people were just wondering why he was talking to himself.
That's true. Only Mitsuomi can see her. Even when she is very close to Tawara- Bun's looks, like he don't see Maya...he look straight at Mitsuomi...
Next at page 11 propably we see Maya still laying on the sofa at the main hole.
At page...let me see...7 when Mitsuomi "blinked" when he saw Maya, at down panel we see Izusu with "?" so she don't understand what the hell Mitsuomi is doing. And first of all- if that all people see naked Maya- sorry, but everybody will be quite shocked don't cha think, Fugu ?
It's not normal, that half-dead/comatose person, wake up and go half naked all this way, and then *puff* and dissapeard O_o
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

still got to take into account the gate that showed on her chest, and maya her self was clearly the cause of mits seeing her. so she is still "there", just not all there.

I still have little doubt we will be seeing her back in one piece, else what the hell have these last 2 volumes been about? :/ (other then the election tournament, which it has never really been "all" about)
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

btw, the mask. isn't that the same mask from the fight 95 chapter cover page?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

So what's the deal with Bunshichi shouting at Maya "don't just go an show my your tits for such a stupid reason!"

Anyway, I only read through the chapter quickly, and didn't look very closely to what was going on in the drawings. I haven't (and won't for a week or two) had the time to go back and look again, or do a more careful reading. I just assumed that she got up, made her speech, and then went and collapsed back down in the corner.
tkstka
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by tkstka »

any info about good raws.. no camera pics
mili
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by mili »

FuguTabetai wrote:So what's the deal with Bunshichi shouting at Maya "don't just go an show my your tits for such a stupid reason!".
Personally- i have no idea. I'm not good with reading japanese so...
But if Tawara really say so...Maya is a ghost/vision visible to all people ?
And that's explains why Izusu and the rest have so shocked faces..
any info about good raws.. no camera pics
no, i think that we must wait a little longer for HQ scans...
so sadly
Swordfish II
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Swordfish II »

Wow, it's great to finally see the next chapter of TT -- it's been awhile.

It does appear that, thankfully, Maya isn't dead. although I'm still scratching my head as to whether or not she's an apparition. It's hard to tell, although I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she's back on her feet (literally).

It was pretty easy to figure that Bunshichi wouldn't be out of the fight -- he's too tough and now he's also _really_ pissed off. Tawara knows Why He Fights, which is what makes him one of the more interesting and strong characters in TT. I think that's why he seems to have an affinity for Masataka; it's a quality they share.

Thanks for the scans!
DemonNeedle
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by DemonNeedle »

Maya's not back. On the page after Bunshichi stands up again, you can see her body still covered up in a sheet with her eyes closed. It's just a spirit that everyone can see. I think that Maya is back spiritually, but she probably can't make a connection between her body and spirit yet.
And doesn't everyone knows what they fight for except for Nagi. Of Course Bunshichi and Masataka know what they're fighting for, but Aya and Bob both shown to have their reasons. Aya for Maya and Nagi's sake and Bob for Chiaki and Maya to an extent. It just seem that Masataka's and Bunshichi's reasons haven't altered from the beginning of the manga
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I think that Maya got up, gave her speech (she did say she'll fight Mitsuomi *tomorrow*, not now!) and then collapsed in the corner.

I can't be sure until I take the time to re-read and translate the chapter properly. It will take a while before that happens though.
Swordfish II
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Swordfish II »

DemonNeedle wrote:Maya's not back. On the page after Bunshichi stands up again, you can see her body still covered up in a sheet with her eyes closed. It's just a spirit that everyone can see.
Methinks that you are correct. Wonder what the bit with the mask is all about? Some interesting theories have already been posted on this thread.
And doesn't everyone knows what they fight for except for Nagi. *snip* It just seem that Masataka's and Bunshichi's reasons haven't altered from the beginning of the manga
Yes, thanks for expounding on that; that is what I meant. For Masataka and Bunshichi, their goals originate from an instinctive rather than an intellectual level. I enjoy both characters, and its because they are both good men, although they sure have different ways of doing things... !
Dgames
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Dgames »

i think nagi fights for pleasure :P

anyway it was a good chapter good to se Maya back (even if it is only a ghost) can't wait for the translation XD
mili
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by mili »

Swordfish II wrote: Tawara knows Why He Fights, which is what makes him one of the more interesting and strong characters in TT. I
Do you sugest, that other people "don't know why they fight" ?
Sorry, but i don't agree with you. ALL persons in the TT have some important goals and reasons for fight. Look for example at Maya or Nagi.
The "child play" end long time ago......
think nagi fights for pleasure
mostly yes, but also for his mother/friends/and maybe a little for some other "high" reasons
their goals originate from an instinctive rather than an intellectual level.
yeah, that's true and maybe that made them so unique
I think that Maya got up, gave her speech (she did say she'll fight Mitsuomi *tomorrow*, not now!) and then collapsed in the corner.
Nah....that's impossible.
She's still lying at the sofa, definetly. We just see her ghost, some part of her soul...maybe her ghost is "material"
Strangler
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Strangler »

Much better scans on RSF.

*phew*
Wandering star
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Finally. I think that was the longest we've ever had to wait. Judging from the higher quality scans it looks like it was just Maya's spirit or some such and only Bunshichi and Mitsuomi were able to see her.
EyesOfAsia
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by EyesOfAsia »

Finally ! Could somebody rehost this chapter, because from megashitupload is impossible to download anything. Of course, without a megaupload toolbar filled with spyware/adware. :wink:
tkstka
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by tkstka »

where can we get resonable raws..
Lolipopo
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Lolipopo »

I love you Alicia !
mili
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by mili »

Judging from the higher quality scans it looks like it was just Maya's spirit or some such and only Bunshichi and Mitsuomi were able to see her.
Yep definetly...we can see at one panel a empty "place" near Tawara.
The place where Maya stand in Mitsuomi and Tawara "vision", so she is definetly non material at this time.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

mili wrote:
Judging from the higher quality scans it looks like it was just Maya's spirit or some such and only Bunshichi and Mitsuomi were able to see her.
Yep definetly...we can see at one panel a empty "place" near Tawara.
The place where Maya stand in Mitsuomi and Tawara "vision", so she is definetly non material at this time.
Finally.
Looks to me only Bunshichi can see her or is just imagining her, remember he brought her their for some reason. I don't think Mits can see her. Really just seems to me Bunshichi is imagining something Maya would say to him if she was awake.

Oh and on another subject, dang Mits just pounding his head into the floor, it was like that scene in Kung Fu Hustle. If Mits couldn't end it with that punch Bunshichi is going to kick his ass, because he'll definately last longer than 3 minutes. (must be why the ladies like him too :wink: )
Swordfish II
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Swordfish II »

mili wrote:Do you sugest, that other people "don't know why they fight" ?
Not at all. What I've been saying is that, of all TT characters, Tawara and Masataka, unlike the other characters, don't have all these doubts and second thoughts about why they battle. They instinctively know Why They Fight, something termed "moral clarity". All the other characters have all had their different shares of psychobabble mind-games about what they're doing and why. Even Nagi, who did indeed fight just for the fun of it has now altered his perspectives and motives to a degree.

I agree it's a nebulous thing; I wish I could define it further. Another character who has a high degree of moral clarity is Bob, but he has also had his doubts on occasion, although he has always risen above them. On the opposite end is Souhaku, also very sure of what he's after, but who also has displayed some reservations, specifically about Masataka.
mili
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by mili »

kk1 wrote:Looks to me only Bunshichi can see her or is just imagining her
Hmm...i don't think so...or maybe...well that's somehow possible.
Maya talk to Mitsuomi but he don't react....so or he's so cold-hearted and don't care what she's saying or he really don't see her ?...dunno, i'm total confused now
Swordfish II wrote:They instinctively know Why They Fight, something termed "moral clarity"
So...they don't need a reason, it's just the their life path ?