Fight 114

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Fight 114

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

Last edited by Sleepy Weasel on Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Looks like Masataka is the rook on the right of the page.
Last edited by Hollowshingami on Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

yea, it looks like hes on the first rook, but cant make out the one in the back ground. other looks to be nagi, hes to small to be mits..

but then again the guy on the black knight has the trade mark(tm) long black coat of nagi.. sooo *shrug*
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

what I find interesting about this pic, is it does not show the queen. The most powerful piece.
DemonNeedle
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by DemonNeedle »

The queen is obviously going to be Maya "the strongest piece", while Souichirowill most likely be the king "the most important piece". All the pawns and bishops are the non-important students in Todou. We know one of the white knights is Aya and one of the white rooks is Masataka. In the game of chess, there is always one other knight and rook on each side. I'd say Sugano could be the other knight and Bob the other rook.
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

the rook is the 2nd most powerful piece in chess. not sure why Aya is on a knight
IAS
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by IAS »

"the rook penetrates" i wanted to see nagi and masataka angry all the way.

The white king seems to be facing the black queen. Interesting thing is that the peaces in the middle cant take another piece with one move only. Masataka piece is facing directly upon the white king, and there is a black piece standing next to aya (is it a bishop?).
At last aya coud eat the black pawn but then she will be eaten by the black night

anyway any link for the raw?
Strangler
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Strangler »

Wandering star
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Strangler wrote: I shall add there is a hand flying :lol:
Looks like from an old person (Doughen ???)
I wish. That creepy old man needs to disappear.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I really liked this chapter. Two things:

1. I can't believe Oh! Great brought him back, and in such a nasty way. I'm sure you'll know what I mean when you see it.

2. As a Masataka fan, this chapter was great.
Kyu1982
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Kyu1982 »

did Ohgreat bring Shin back?

or, is there any other dead man who is significant enough to bring in?

God, when will this manga end?
we have 8 more chapter in this year haha
god, I hope publishers move Tenjo Tenge to other weekly mangazine.
well, if that happens, Oh great will be dead with workload.
tkstka
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by tkstka »

WHO IS BACK... !!!?!?!?

Shin or Tawara?
;O
Kyu1982
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Kyu1982 »

tkstka wrote:WHO IS BACK... !!!?!?!?

Shin or Tawara?
;O
I don't think it's Tawara.
He just got killed. unless his heart locates other than leftside of his chest. lol

I think Tawara is a man who is only close to True Warrior in this manga. Mitsuomi is too far away from True Warrior. He is nothing but a coward with millions of goons and got some mojo off Shin.
Killing off Tawara is big step for Oh Great.

I think Oh great will officially make Masataka as sole true warrior in the manga. Fugu mentioned nice things for Masataka, I am sure we will see alot of change for Masataka.
tkstka
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by tkstka »

Kyu1982 wrote:
tkstka wrote:WHO IS BACK... !!!?!?!?

Shin or Tawara?
;O
I think Tawara is a man who is only close to True Warrior in this manga. Mitsuomi is too far away from True Warrior. He is nothing but a coward with millions of goons and got some mojo off Shin.
Killing off Tawara is big step for Oh Great.
Ya I think that too.. Mitsuomi lost it.
Shin was kind of cool in the end, when he died from lovers suicide. :D
I think Oh great will officially make Masataka as sole true warrior in the manga. Fugu mentioned nice things for Masataka, I am sure we will see alot of change for Masataka.
Could be but I think that Masataka and Souichiro will have their last battle and I think that Nagi will win because He lost the last fight and it would be most common in stories for loser to train and win in the last fight but Tenjou Tenge isn't like normal stories so anything can happen.
tkstka
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by tkstka »

looks like http://rsf.mangas-fr.com/ is down
when will the raws be up? and where?
Hramm
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Hramm »

Wrong address:
http://www.raw-paradise.com/
http://rsf.mangas-fr.com/Ritual.htm
http://teamangelsub.free.fr/Ritual.htm

One week for the scans.(their best time was 3 days I guess)
Dgames
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Dgames »

why does the black king look like a girl? if aya is on the with side the black king should be a man mitsuomi?
pintudao
Tamashii
Tamashii

TT

Post by pintudao »

Nice! Another chapter! Could anyone pm me a spoiler for this chapter? I really wanna know what happened...
Kyu1982
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Kyu1982 »

Hramm wrote:Wrong address:
http://www.raw-paradise.com/
http://rsf.mangas-fr.com/Ritual.htm
http://teamangelsub.free.fr/Ritual.htm

One week for the scans.(their best time was 3 days I guess)
Well, I do not think they scan any manga.
It is more likely they get raws from various sites.

I think Chinese raw release is the fastest, but most time they do not release it until translation version comes out for most famouse sites such as Jojohot. I am sure there are some raw releases, but I just cannot find it. lol
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Ricco »

As long as it's not Fu-Chien who's back, then I'll be trully surprised...
Tetsuhito would be a welcome return, just to see him get owned for what he did to Maya.
"Heartless angel or soulles demon NOTHING will stand in my way!"
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

I wanna see Shin come back, and finish mits off
Kyu1982
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Kyu1982 »

Ricco wrote:As long as it's not Fu-Chien who's back, then I'll be trully surprised...
Tetsuhito would be a welcome return, just to see him get owned for what he did to Maya.
I don't think Tetsuhito can come back.
His work is done in the manga. Most of all, he is chopped in half.

Fu-Chien, I think he is done, too.

Maybe, we might see Nagi Ichiuu Kengo.
While he was living, he probably ate alot of power from specially ability users. So, we never know what kind of power he had.
I think we have to wait for trans and scan for this.
Strangler
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Strangler »

Surprised no one talked about Kago...
Wandering star
DemonNeedle
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by DemonNeedle »

^ probably because people would figure he would be back anyway for plot development. I would put my money on Ryuzaki or Sagara. Without Souhaku's magic, I don't think they can bring back people that are already dead.
Kyu1982
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Kyu1982 »

Strangler wrote:Surprised no one talked about Kago...
Kago Sohaku is alive within Nagi.
He is living eye ball.
lol
Strangler
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Strangler »

Well, I do not think they scan any manga.
It is more likely they get raws from various sites.
Indeed.
Petit Rappel : Aucun des chapitres présent sur cette page n'a été scannés par Ritual Scan Forge
None of the persent chapters on this page has been scanned by RSF.
Wandering star
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Checking the 114 translation (http://tjtg.mangatranslation.com/TJTG_19_Trans.html) will give away the surprise, but you should really try to get a copy of this month's Ultra Jump. This chapter reminds me of why I enjoy Tenjo Tenge in the first place: great art, great fighting.

I'm just a sucker for Masataka I guess. :)
Kyu1982
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Kyu1982 »

I would love to Fugu.
But, some of us live in the place where does not have Japanese book store. And, it is hard to get ultra jump from online shop besides ordering directly from Japanese online store.

Even we order it, most of us get online raw before we get the magazine.

Anyway, thanks for trans . :)
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

FuguTabetai wrote:Checking the 114 translation (http://tjtg.mangatranslation.com/TJTG_19_Trans.html) will give away the surprise, but you should really try to get a copy of this month's Ultra Jump. This chapter reminds me of why I enjoy Tenjo Tenge in the first place: great art, great fighting.

Aww so am I can't wait, man it must be good if you translated it that quick, thanks Fugu.
pintudao
Tamashii
Tamashii

thaks

Post by pintudao »

FuguTabetai wrote:Checking the 114 translation (http://tjtg.mangatranslation.com/TJTG_19_Trans.html) will give away the surprise, but you should really try to get a copy of this month's Ultra Jump. This chapter reminds me of why I enjoy Tenjo Tenge in the first place: great art, great fighting.

Thanks, Fugu!

Oh, btw just saw the new chapter on ttosho.
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Ricco »

Thanks Fugu!
That was a sweet chapter.
I'm not surprised he's back as my first post said.
"Heartless angel or soulles demon NOTHING will stand in my way!"
Lolipopo
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Lolipopo »

I love OGURE, I LOVE MASATAKA !!!!!
I love you Alicia !
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

back.. again.. imagine that. but will he actually do anything this time?

he does not look likes hes going anywhere quick heh
Jakkaru
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Jakkaru »

Kick ass Masataka.

How the hell does Fu keep balance? :shock:
"My fist is the divine breath! Blossom, O fallen seed, and reveal thy hidden power! Grant unto thee the power of the glorious Mother of Destruction!!"
Strangler
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Strangler »

cute chapter :)
Merci Fugu
Wandering star
Dizzy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Dizzy »

Finally join the forum after years of just reading comments and such in commemoration of this being my favorite chapter in years. Ever since the election tournament started my interest in this series has been completely revived (and even higher than ever more recently). Too bad that makes the monthly waits all the more painful.
Dgames
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Dgames »

I'm wondering what she mean with the " we will join you soon at the land of the dead"
Are they planing end this war once and forever, or sacrificing themselfs??
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Dgames wrote:I'm wondering what she mean with the " we will join you soon at the land of the dead"
Are they planing end this war once and forever, or sacrificing themselfs??
Chapter 113 had a big conversation about how all of Mitusomi's "soldiers" (pawns now I guess) had to be prepared to sacrifice themselves, so she's saying that they will all be dead soon also.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Oh crap, Sohaku is an evil genius, oh crap Maya and her Ameratsu's gate , oh crap Nagi, Oh crap Mastaka doesn't know what he's doing, oh crap Mits aint evil OH CRAP! :shock:
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

there are many levels of evil, mits is evil.. just not real evil
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Wow. Great chapter. Really enjoyed the enlightenment on Souhaku's plan. I just hope Oh Great just gets down to the fight in the next chapter. Holy crap at what's his (no)face. It was actually shocking to see him like that. Is he guarding that site now?
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Does anyone have a ddl link that does not use megacrapload? Much appreciated.
"Swallow your food whole, fool! Do you not know that mastication makes you go blind?"
mili
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by mili »

First of all- thank you Fugu for fast translation :)
Well, i simple adore new chapter !
Mitsuomi isn't so evil and he still have some feelings, Masataka kick asses and i hope that he will stop his brother.
Izusu look so depressed, Nagi like always is just fooling around, and the Fu'Chien in background look pretty weirdo O_o
damn....i can't wait for the next chapter

Agen_Wax look at onemanga ? you can read it there or download it ^^"
Swordfish II
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Swordfish II »

I've long been of the opinion that Masataka was the "True Warrior" so often mentioned in TT, and this chapter does seem to further that theory. He took out Mits' three main henchmen in less time that it took for his carry-bag to hit the floor. I guess now we know what Oh!Great was foreshadowing when he had Masataka use that series of four fast kicks to save his microwaved ramen about fifteen chapters ago. :)

Masataka's earlier fights with Madoka and Fu Ch'ien have clearly demonstrated that when he decides to let himself go, he becomes an unstoppable machine; just look at his expression on page 74. I doubt if Mitsoumi could have done more damage more quickly. And through sheer force of Ki can bend and deflect thrown knives. He's truly a master of unarmed combat.

But I am unsure why he attacked so quickly in the first place, which tells me how unfamiliar I am with the dynamics in TT. Was it his rage at seeing his friend Bunshichi dead? Did he recognize the Jyuukenbu's precarious position in the "game of chess" and decide to take the opportunity to tip the scales? Did he just want to get close to his brother to... what? I note on pg. 76 that the (white, I assume) rook (i.e.: Masataka) is now completely vulnerable to the (black) King (Mits, naturally); where the rook now rests, it cannot take the king, but the king will take the rook on the next move. Or will he?

Speaking of kings (and this chapter talks about "the battle to the death of the kings"), who was the White king? I'm guessing it was Bunshichi, may the Buddha rest his soul. He was a damned good man, and a great character. As for Isuzu's comment, well, since everyone expects Mits to die on the morrow, like good samurai it looks like they will all be committing ritual suicide shortly thereafter. I sure hope not, though. Dougen committing seppuku should suffice. :wink:

Last but not least, I am wondering what exactly Souhaku's plans are. It's apparent he's building a much larger copy of the "Ameratsu circle" (or whatever it's called) that we saw in the ancient arc. As I recall, it nullified all red-feather abilities within its domain. If that is so, then this larger one would render all red feathers in Japan powerless? Or perhaps even the world? But... why? Why would Souhaku want to do this, since he is himself a red feather (his being the "Flaming" dragon gate, not to mention all the other red feather powers he has concentrated into his prospective future host body via Souichirou's "Dragon's Fist")? Is he working things so that he and he alone with only possess these abilities, enabling him to rule over all?

Sorry for the long post, but as always it's a great pleasure attempting to decipher what the heck is going on in TT, as well as reading the many and interesting posts here.

SF2
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

I think Masataka is going to beat Mits, then realize his mistake and have to take his place, possibly vs the Jyukenbu. Reread fight 96 for Souhaku's plans, the Amaterasu gate does nullify but the stuff Souhaku built in Osaka castle reversed it to amplification( as will the new one), and combined with the resonance of the red feathers all together it will awaken and power up every red feather power over the entire planet and start the "war" Souhaku has wanted for so long. Mits and the others obviously know this and its why they're willing to sacrafice themselves, if they fail they're as good as dead anyway.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

The True Warrior thing is still a bit hazy to me to be honest. Most of the time, the only ideal we're going with is in truth Dougen's ideal, or a.k.a. the Takayanagi version. Then, there's Souhaku's grand master plan *somewhat* reflecting a similar idea, plus the fact that demon exorcists share a similar description with the TT, and in the end it's as if what the TT is, becomes relative to different ideas and purposes.

I hope this chapter is just a taste of what is hopefully coming. With Masataka's performance in this chapter, I wish to see Souhaku breaking a sweat sometime soon. Most of the time he just stands there looking evil and stuff, when it's been known that he can pretty much do a lot of damage on his own like the time when he made his oh so fatherly hospital visit. Well, unfortunately, he's an eyeball right now. A fight involving Aya and her Dragon's Eye would also be welcome—more Dragon's Fist too come to think of it—especially now when all of them have supposedly improved. I want a Mitsuomi vs. Masataka one as well, which has been a long time in coming in my opinion.

Ah well, I guess I just want to see big(ger) fights some more.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Kyu1982 wrote:
Ricco wrote:As long as it's not Fu-Chien who's back, then I'll be trully surprised...
I don't think Tetsuhito can come back.
His work is done in the manga. Most of all, he is chopped in half.

Doesn't look so impossible anymore...maybe hell graft him to a horse body and be like a centaur or something :o
IAS
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by IAS »

I've long been of the opinion that Masataka was the "True Warrior" so often mentioned in TT, and this chapter does seem to further that theory. He took out Mits' three main henchmen in less time that it took for his carry-bag to hit the floor.
as much as i like the character, masataka cant be the true warrior. The original true warrior had all the red feathers gates within him, taking an easy guess... Nagi. Sure everybody can reach this "win without fighting" (wich is Dougen doctrine) but been born as a regular person you can not use red feathers gates, then no true warrior for masataka.
But the guy has been among top 3 fighting characters since the beggining of the manga, and mits minions are kind of weak...
I think Masataka is going to beat Mits, then realize his mistake and have to take his place, possibly vs the Jyukenbu.
Dougen will stop this showdown at leats for a couple of hours. The finals fight will be Mitsuomi vs Masataka, since mits does not have any more team mates availables. Or perhaps that shapeshifting girl can prove helpfull...
Both convictions are strong so it will be a more like an etic battle than an awesome battle, on the finals of couerse...

Regarding the phenomena that sohaku wants to create: the nexuses (or whatever you wanna call them) seem to extent only to half Asia. Activation requieres the amaterasu gate bearer (maya, half death) reverse the ki flow in order to create the phenomena. Then all the red feathers inside the area will create a resonance effect, expanding the phenomena causing normal people to gain red feathers like abilities (if i recall well...). There are two reason why a think this is doom to fail:

1° The are even if expanded is too small it woud not be a global effect, thus it woud not be the ultimate resonance that this guy is looking for.
2° Aya is been manipulated by sohaku so that he may bring maya back from the dead even for a short time (remember the princess little dog on the past arc) to reverse the flow and activate the phenomena. I dont think Maya woud do that willingly.
However lets say the the center of phenomena is Todou scholl, and that maya use the ki revertion (coud be Mits, coud be nagi, it really does not matter). Then the revertion works as it shoud so it triggers the phenomena. It must be a well prepared trapt, but its the only way i see her activating the device.

This post is to long, but there just something else in tt since fight 1 and at the end everything its pretty much reduce to the following:

Masataka has the insight wits and Nagi has all the supernatural powers, who shall win?; Place your bets ladys and gents.[/quote]
Swordfish II
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Swordfish II »

kk1, kujoe, IAS -- thanks! Your comments are insightful and enlightening, even if I don't agree with all of them. Yes, I recall now (re-reading ch. 96) about the whole "amplification" thing. When this new "nexus" fires up, I imagine that's when Souhaku will make his move and take over Nagi's body. (Thanks, dad! ) :D

Then, if some predictions here pan out and it's Souichiro vs. Masataka, it will really be Souhaku vs. Masataka (the ultimate red feather vs. the ultimate white). Perhaps this is why Souhaku was so shaken by Masataka's victory of the resurrected (version 1, that is!) Fu Chi'en, wondering aloud if Masataka was the "Ultimate Warrior"; he may view Masataka is a genuine threat. Masataka's being "outside the circle of fate" (whatever the heck that really means) could also likely play into this.

On the UW subject, I don't know why there is a requirement that such be a red feather. I know this topic has been discussed at length before, but reading those threads I never got the impression of a clear answer on this question. Not to say that I could have missed it... !

And I'm still scratching my head over why Souhaku would really want this "100 years war". Ultimately, I think it will (as is the case with most fictional bad guys) end up having him ruling what's left of the world or something along those lines. Unless he just wants to cause worldwide carnage for the sheer pleasure of it? From what we have already seen of this terribly evil man, that is certainly within the realm of possibility, although Souhaku is too cunning not to have a more self-serving purpose.

SF2
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

IAS wrote:
Regarding the phenomena that sohaku wants to create: the nexuses (or whatever you wanna call them) seem to extent only to half Asia. Activation requieres the amaterasu gate bearer (maya, half death) reverse the ki flow in order to create the phenomena. Then all the red feathers inside the area will create a resonance effect, expanding the phenomena causing normal people to gain red feathers like abilities (if i recall well...). There are two reason why a think this is doom to fail:

1° The are even if expanded is too small it woud not be a global effect, thus it woud not be the ultimate resonance that this guy is looking for.
2° Aya is been manipulated by sohaku so that he may bring maya back from the dead even for a short time (remember the princess little dog on the past arc) to reverse the flow and activate the phenomena. I dont think Maya woud do that willingly.
However lets say the the center of phenomena is Todou scholl, and that maya use the ki revertion (coud be Mits, coud be nagi, it really does not matter). Then the revertion works as it shoud so it triggers the phenomena. It must be a well prepared trapt, but its the only way i see her activating the device.
I don't think normal people get powers but anyway, how could it not be global? Past Nagi said the Osaka castle would have been big enough to cover all of Japan, this one is what 100, 1000 times bigger? That wouldn't cover the world? And as for Maya activating it, it doesn't activate when the person wants it's just always on(Senhime wasn't purposely turning it on). And as we saw from Fu's and Aya's reactions "It's started" :P