Dragon Gates, Red Feather Powers, Ki etc.

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Dragon Gates, Red Feather Powers, Ki etc.

Post by kk1 »

I started this thread hopefully to clarify theat what was intended in the original Japanese text is properly conveyed into the English translation provided here by Fugu. This is intended for 唯我独尊 who wants to clarify things with the Chinese translations but I hope anyone with something to add or ask joins in :D
唯我独尊
Yuurei
Yuurei

Triple post :p

Post by 唯我独尊 »

Um... so yeah.. I was like reading this thread and gotten like really confused about the posts...

First of all, I read the Chinese version of this Manga published by Tong Li... I bought them all up to volume 17 now... $5.50 USD each. I also read online scans (pirated versions) just to catch up to most recent chapters.

Don't get mad at me for saying this but... 90% of the online scan English translations are just whack... believe me... Japanese translated into Chinese (translators hired by Tong Li) > Japanese translated into English (by unofficial translators who does it on their free time)! In short, I'm not talking smack about the people who translates this Manga into English, I'm quite grateful that they are doing it for free. However, I am simply saying Chinese sub (always always always for any f'king Manga/Anime ever created) is better than English sub.

Having said so... I just want to clarify some things real quick...

1. Susa/Susano (須左/須左男) = "The Ancestor" of Takayanagi family, if you are confused about this, please re-read it. From the beginning of the Manga, it was shown that DÅ￾gen is trying to make Mitsuomi into True Warrior. Later on in the series, Oh!Great keep hinting that the plan was actually designed for Masataka. Sort of make sense doesn't it? I mean true descendants of the True Warrior (Susa) cannot become the True Warrior just doesn't make sense to me.

True Warrior, the definition of it had been totally mixed up by the creator now and thus lead to many reader's confusion. True Warrior, from here on abbreviated for T.W., first T.W. is Susa (The man who owned all power from all families). Then.. it was speculated that SÅ￾ichirÅ￾ is T.W. because he had Dragon Fist... so if he was to consume all the power belonging to each family then he would become T.W. That concept isn't wrong, but no where did Oh!Great indicate that T.W. can't be achieved without Red Feather power. Instead, he kept on hinting readers that True Warrior is just a dominating fighter, a person who can dominate all powers.

i.e.
Beginning few chapters, when Maya gets kicked out of school, Nagi went to find trouble with ShikÅ￾bu (Executive Council). Nagi used his special Ki attack against Tawara, Tawara kicked Nagi's shoulder, rendering Nagi's special attack to nothingness... A perfect example of White Feather ability vs. Red Feather ability and White Feather wins.

i.e.
When Maya was fighting Kagiroi Tetsuhito (other than Dragon Eye, Tetsuhito had all Red Feathers powers), she basically rendered all of his special Red Feather powers obsolete. Because, she had the knowledge that when Tetsuhito uses Red Feather abilities, his Ki is glowing in a certain pattern on his body. This clearly proves that having all of Red Feathers powers = nothing. If a person of White Feathers is strong enough, also having the knowledge of "how to" defeat the Red Feathers powers, he/she can also become T.W. which just literally means a fighter that dominates all.

i.e.
When Masataka was fighting Madoka, the moment he beat her, SÅ￾haku's spell over Madoka was broken. SÅ￾haku was hurt from the backfire of his own spell. Then later that same day, the JÅ«kenbu (The Juken Club) was ambushed by Kabuto Katsumi's people and this time SÅ￾haku sent his second spell controlled person... FÅ« Chein. FÅ« Chein was a crazy mofo, after Masataka saved him from killing himself along with a few city blocks, SÅ￾haku's spell broke for the second time. SÅ￾haku got hurt again, bleeding from his head then to his hand... dropped to the floor.. then uttered these words: "Takayanagi... Masataka.... (actually... broken two of my spells... in one day...)... True Warrior... for real?"

So T.W. can be both from the Nagi family or Takayanagi family depending on who is the more dominating fighter, that's all.

2. I don't ever recall the Manga said Red Feathers having an eighth Dragon Gate. If some of you read it, I'd like to know which chapter/volume you saw it, I could verify it with my Chinese translated copy. Translation error perhaps? Because there are actually 7 Dragon Gates on a human body, which all carries a different type of power when "activated". With the exception of Kago SÅ￾haku and Senhime both of them owns a "special" Dragon Gate that is different from the original 7. SÅ￾haku's Dragon Gate is the power over death. He could control his own Ki that is spinning his Dragon Gate (as well as other people's Ki), as long as the Ki does not dissipate and keeps spinning the Dragon Gate then the person will live forever. As for Senhime, her Amaterasu’s Dragon Gate simply negates other Dragon Gate's powers, this is because all normal Dragon Gate's Ki spins to the right but her Dragon Gate's Ki spins to the left.

3. Let's not make so many speculations yet from interpreting the Chess pieces... com'on folks -_-;
唯我独尊
Yuurei
Yuurei

Triple triple post

Post by 唯我独尊 »

Had been busy with school/work, didn't get a chance to post for awhile... So I'm returning a few messages.

DemonNeedle said:
Quote:
^A few Things:

Q1. That Ki attack that Souichirou was about to use against Tawara way back then, Tanshinkou or whatever you translate it into, wasn't a red feather ability. Anyone, as long as they know how to use Ki can learnthat technique.

Q2. Susa did have all the red and white feathers within him and they did say that Takayanagi was descended from his family, but so was all the other 12 twelve families. Also, as far as we know, the Takayanagi clan seem to be experts in unarmed combat: nothing special that can separate them from any other fighter in the series. It just seems that Red feathers get it easier because of their special abilities.

Q3. How do you know that your chinese scans are scanlated any better than in english? Not trying to get on you, I just want to know.

A1. While that is true, it doesn't change the fact that Tawara knows exactly how to make it completely useless. So I assume that you believe when SÅ￾ichirÅ￾ becomes a Demon Exorcist, he's using a different type of "Ryuukei Qigong - Tashinkou"? No, the technique remains the same, therefore method of rendering it to nothing remains the same.

A2. I agree with you, clearly Kagiroi Tetsuhito mentioned a tale of his clan to Nagi Makiko. How Susa raped his clan members daughters and wifes. Makiko replied by saying that there is also a similar tale in her clan. So yes it's safe to assume that all 12 families were the decedents of Susa. However, at some early point of the Manga series, FÅ« Chein smirked at DÅ￾gen's idea of T.W. He specifically commented a few silly aspects of it and one of the line reads "Not relying on bloodlines." This proves that DÅ￾gen's version of T.W. does not require Red Feather powers, therefore we can all assume that Takayanagi clan can be T.W. without any special abilities.

A3. I understand that you're not try to get on me. I also apologize to anyone if they are offended by that part of my previous post. It did seem like some sort of racial remark, believe me it's not. So let me try to explain.

Fact one: Chinese calligraphy has been around for thousands of years, as you may or may not know, each letter of a Chinese word represent a certain thing in this world, they do not duplicate in writing. Unlike the English language, where as one word can have multiple meanings and definitions. So, think about it, if you were to translate something into English, wouldn't there be possibility(s) where one (or multiple) word(s) could have been interpreted/translated into different meanings by different people? For example, let's use the word "Subject" it could mean "that which forms a basic matter of thought, discussion, investigation, etc." or it could mean "a branch of knowledge as a course of study" where as in Chinese, there would be one or a group of words for each of the two definitions above. So you can understand now how things that are Japanese/Chinese translated into English, it could very easily be misinterpreted or mistranslated. And believe me, since I have the Chinese copies of these Mangas and I also read online scan versions, I noticed enough discrepancies to actually make a complaint. However, do not misunderstand or hate me because you think I'm talking smack about the nice people who are translating these Pirated Scans, I'm not. I don't blame the translator when Chinese > English, I blame the English language for not capable of fully translating the beauty of another language.

Fact two: How do I know that Japanese is better translated into Chinese than English? Well, very simple, because the Japanese language system "derived" from Chinese. The Chinese language is fully capable of translating even the most difficult slangs/expressions in Japanese, where as the English language/words cannot, that is fact. You can research on this, and see if Chinese indeed have more words/expressions than English. After that you can even research to find that Chinese even have more words/expressions than Japanese... lol. I'm not trying to brag about my culture, I'm not racist (as some of you may already be judging now) and facts are facts.

Dgames said:
Quote:
Q1. all red feathers have 8 dragon gates they have the normal 7 that everyone in the world has plus the special dragon gate that they have (like dragon fist or eye) it makes 7 normal +1 special =8 Dragon Gates

Q2. And amaterasu i think it is just a special ability not a dragon gate.

Q3. Since when chinise scans are better than english ones? just because they are hired does not mean anything many fansub groups are way better than the official translators

A1. No, no, and no. If you think that I am wrong, that is fine, then please refer to a specific point in the Manga and which specific character made that comment. I would be more than happy to back track to my Manga collection and try to double check my mistake. However, if you cannot provide what I ask, aren't we just being childish and keep claiming the other is wrong? I am on the other hand holding a page from the original Manga that has the drawing of "7" and yes "7" Dragon Gates on a human body. What I think you misunderstood was the Red Feather ability part. They are called "異能者", directly translated "Person with Abnormal Powers". They are special because each of the 6 original Red Feather families has a unique super natural power and that is what differentiate them from White Feather families. This also applies to their Branch families, whom also produces super natural power, most of the time similar but often a bit weaker than the original 6. A good example would be FÅ« Chein, the element of his Ki is "Earth" so he can produce electricities with his attacks but he is not a Red Feather so therefore he doesn't have a special power. Now on the other hand, SÅ￾ichirÅ￾ is a Red Feather and the Dragon Gate he "opened" also associates with the element "Earth". This allows him to produce electricities with his attacks, at the same time, his Demon Exorcist (Red Feather) blood allows him to use an unlimited supply of Ki and also capable of stealing other Red Feathers powers making it his own, that is his clan's Abnormal Power not an Eighth Gate. The reason I mentioned that SÅ￾haku and Senhime's Dragon Gates are special is because the name/element of their Dragon Gates does not appear on the original 7 Dragon Gates picture that I am currently holding in my hand. So I am going to assume that SÅ￾haku and Senhime opened/owned a special Dragon Gate that no one else had. It is already explained that SÅ￾haku had been living forever and he is the one and only leader of the Kago clan, so no one else has the same Dragon Gate he owns. Senhime is similar, her Amaterasu’s Dragon Gate only appears every thousand years, in a sense other humans can have it but it doesn't come often. I do my best to clarify, don't know if it helps, point is "Everyone = 7 Gates" while "SÅ￾haku & Senhime" = Special". If you really need numbering system to see clearly, 7 on regular humans + 1 SÅ￾haku special + 1 Senhime special = 9. Red Feather = Super Natural Power, not an 8th Gate.

A2. Amaterasu’s Dragon Gate is a Dragon Gate. You can also call it the "Reversed Dragon Gate" but it is a Dragon Gate none the less. Does this prove my point of the poorly translations or bad interpretation, I am not certain.

A3. Refer to my response to DemonNeedle's question for the first portion. Now, people that get "hired" = "Gets paid to do a job". Getting paid to do a job = those people are Certified to translate one language to another with professionalism and utmost accuracy. If the job is done poorly they get fired or probably won't be hired in the first place. Again I'm not trying to point fingers at certain individuals working for "fansub" team or whomever you were referring to, but are they getting paid to do translations? If not, will they be pressured to translate something into perfection or else they can't pay next month's rent? "just because they are hired does not mean anything", it means everything when you get fired and can't afford to eat -.-. "many fansub groups are way better than the official translators" based on what my dear friend? Your keen observation and understanding? .... lol

Strangler said:
Quote:
Moreover, Fugu has always been fine with correction and very modest about his work. I find a bit pointless to say "English scanlations are crap" whereas you could simply help him in order to make them better.
It's a bit unconstructive.

As I tried to point out in an earlier response, I never meant to hurt anyone's feelings. I even said I appreciated the people who translates the Pirated Scans of new chapters right away, I didn't even give a shit that the translation is either good or bad. I'm just glad they didn't leave it in Japanese. However, it does not change "FACTS" that the Chinese language can explain far better in detail than the English language. The only reason I commented on how poorly the English subbed Mangas is because most people that gets confused about it was reading the English version (*Points at Dgame as an example*). Nonconstructive as my comments maybe, it is still facts none the less. Let me ask you this then, people in China only have regular flavored Coke sold in their super markets, is it so wrong for an American to walk in and say "Hey this sucks, you guys don't have the Lime flavored ones." Don't you think the Chinese people in the market would of learned something new that day? "Oh .... so there are Lime Flavored ones that actually taste better!" See my point?

Fugu said:
Quote:
If you find any egregious errors, please let us know! Generally when my translations are poor, I put a note in the script. I'm also not too sure that you can make a sweeping generalization about the quality of translations like that, but I don't read much manga translated by other groups, and I don't read anything in Chinese so I'm in no position to judge.

I never targeted you dude, I repeatedly mentioned in my post that I appreciate what you do for the rest of us but at the same time pointing out major flaws in the English language because it only seemed to confuse a lot of reader's understanding (If English is your only language than I am truly sorry, it's not your fault and there is nothing you can do about it). I am on the other hand not smarter than any of you posters on here, however it seemed liked I had a much better grasp on the storyline of this Manga piece than most people posting on here(I know this because I read most of what they post), and translation issues were the only reason I could think of . Anyhow, I hope you don't take offense to what I posted previously, and if you did again I apologize. Sometimes I may sound like a very bad person lol, though I am truly not.

KK1 said:
Quote:
For telling us the translations are whack you haven't really said anything that's different than from what we already know, where are the specific corrections? I don't see how anything you said is any different, and Nagi's mom explains the dragon gates in vol 9, honestly the whole gates thing has been very confusing and sparked lots of debate on these forums so if you think you can add something constructive please do.

Specific corrections are listed in above paragraphs in this post. If you're still confused about it, please let me know. In this post I even used numbers to list out the gates, and the difference between Red Feather abilities and Gates. I hope that helps and this is as constructive as I can get. And I honestly get the distinct sense of feeling that the people who got mad at my previous comment were the ones that can't argue the fact that Manga/Anime's are better subbed Chinese but will not admit to it because sadly, you cannot understand it.

So, long haul ass post... to sum up the basics...

1. Anyone of the 12 families can open the regular 7 gates with different methods.

2. SÅ￾haku is a Red Feather, therefore he likes using spells/enchantments to control people. SÅ￾haku's "Burning" Dragon Gate is special, as the name/element of it was not listed on the original 7 Gate's chart (It could be Fire but the Chinese word means Burning so I can't be sure). And according to the Manga, this Dragon Gate gives him the "Power" over death.

3. Senhime's Amaterasu’s Dragon Gate is also a special Dragon Gate. Unlike SÅ￾haku's only one, hers occur on random women (I say women because the Chinese translated version refer these people to be "Witches" not "Warlocks" so I'm going to assume that it only occur on females) every 1 thousand years. (This myth is disproved as Maya now carries the Amaterasu’s Dragon Gate and it's clearly haven't been 1 thousand years since the last "witch")

4. There are 12 original families representing The Flying Phoenix's Wings. 6 Red Feathers as one wing, 6 White Feathers as the other. Meaning with those 12 families it takes the Phoenix into flight... and guess what the Phoenix is?

5. There are total of 36 Red Feather families now... why? Because the original 6 each has 6 branch families... they are human and need to f'k too ok -.-? Only the ShÅ￾jÅ￾ branch family needed to breed with members of their own bloodline to strengthen their power to match the original ShÅ￾jÅ￾ family. Other Red Feather families might of married normal people, resulting a change in their original power. So 6 original married/had kids then each produced 6 other families with different/weaker powers. Red Feather families sometimes marry White Feather as well, the result of a Red Feather woman having sex with a White Feather man = Tsumuji Mataza JÅ«shi... the dude with the Dragon Claw? Ring a bell now? He had bloodlines from Shukyou family which is a branch of the Kabane family... Kabane = one of the original 6, Shukyou = a branch of the Kabane, cool? No they do not have 8th Gate... I already clarified that earlier, if you haven't read it please go to beginning of this post.

6. T.W. can be both (the same time) Masataka and Nagi SÅ￾ichirÅ￾ Kengo. Masataka is Takayanagi DÅ￾gen's version of T.W. while Kago SÅ￾haku's version is Nagi SÅ￾ichirÅ￾ Kengo. Even in the Manga, it clearly stated two versions of T.W., when SÅ￾haku refers to his version of T.W., he says:"Gaokishi Takehaya Susano Onomikoto" and DÅ￾gen refer to his T.W. as something totally different, I do not remember how to spell it out with English.

I'm gah... so tired of typing, let's leave it here for now... I'd be back... whenever people get confused again.. lol good luck
唯我独尊
Yuurei
Yuurei

; _ ; Double Triple post lol

Post by 唯我独尊 »

kk1 said:
Quote:
Q1. 唯我独尊 will you be around to answer some questions back and forth about red feathers and gates like a back and forth q&a in a seperate thread so we can straighten this out and maybe even make it an anchored thread at the top of the forum. I'd like to discuss your translations vs Fugu's as I think a lot of what you're saying is right and would be helpful in explaining alot of the inconsistensies and misunderstandings the English traslation has caused compared to the original intent of the Japanese. As you can see from the forums Fugu's translations are not only used by English speakers but from many other countries whose second language is English so I think this would be very informitive and helpful. I'll be around all weekend so let me know.

Q2. Specifically I'd like to clear up the red feather powers vs "gates" etc. As I know one thing has always bothered me was when Nagi first uses his power in vol 9 vs Ishiyumi Tessen he opens the red dragon earth gate but uses the Nagi family "gate" the "dragon fist", thus making it seem he has 2 "gates" when your explanation seems to clarify this that he opened the one gate but channeled it's power through his family's special ability to create the Dragon fist which isnt a "gate" but a power. I would love to discuss much of what is said in that whole volume.

A1. Sure, I'd be more than happy to clarify anything that maybe confusing to native English readers. If you like to start a separate thread titled something like "Here's to clarify confusions of TenTen" I'd be glad to join in the discussion. Also Fugu's translations are fine, again I appreciate what him and other translators are doing. They are doing it for free, so it's like the most honorable thing. But I also agree with you "inconsistensies and misunderstandings the English traslation has caused compared to the original intent of the Japanese." That is still possible due to the limitations of the English language as a whole. I will try my best to answer all the questions for everyone with the Chinese copies at hand.

A2. Yes kk1, you seemed to have got the concept I am trying to pass on here. Where the Red Feathers doesn't have a "extra/special" Gate, they actually have a "extra/special" power. "he opened the one gate but channeled it's power through his family's special ability to create the Dragon fist", yes, couldn't be more correct! Then Nagi presumed to "steal" Ishiyumi Tessen's "The Looping Orange Water Dragon" the moment he used a special attack lol .. translated into this (pretty direct) "Thunderous Lightning Arrow Rapid Strike" ^^: It is during this attack, Nagi "channeled" the "Red Belt Dragon Gate" (Earth/Electricity) energy into his fist ANNNDD at the same time, since he is Red Feather his "Special Power(s)" were the ability to use an unlimited supply of Ki + "Dragon Fist" (Power Stealer) so you know what happens to Ishiyumi Tessen's Dragon. Both his fists and hair turns black when he becomes the Demon Exorcist (His mom who uses the same power does not turn black, instead there's a huge Dragon tattoo that shows up on her body when she becomes the Demon Exorcist), Kengo's black "Dragon Fist" allows him to "steal" other family members' Dragons and seal their Dragon Gates shut so they cannot "open" it anymore. Nagi is also able to "steal" Red Feather special abilities as well. And when Nagi turns into the Demon Exorcist, his "Dragon Fist" power is always active. And yes "Dragon Fist" is not a Gate but a Special Power belonging to the Nagi clan. Another good example would be Kabane MyÅ￾un Hirohiko. Oh!Great has not yet revealed what Dragon Gate he "opened" or if he "opened" any at all, but only revealed his clan's Red Feather special power, which was the ability to "infuse" their own Ki with "Lavender" scented needles. The ability to turn tiny needles into over sized weapon models of his choice. Kabane MyÅ￾un Hirohiko is however more powerful than his ancestor, he is able to not only "infuse" his Ki with needles but any type of small object around him, shattered glass or even dust particles. Also Aya mentioned during the fight that Kabane MyÅ￾un Hirohiko's level of Ki could possibly be stronger than Kagiroi Tetsuhito, even though he had gotten all the founding families "abilities" except the Dragon Eye from Nagi Makiko. Also, Tetsuhito was sort of SÅ￾haku's experimental T.W. and yet Hirohiko's Ki level was higher than him. So another point here to prove that T.W. = a dominating fighter and not a fighter with (x) amount of abilities.

Kujoe said:
Quote:
Now that clears a whole lot of stuff! Some of which we already know, but it's nice to see all of these details come together. With a little more clarification, or fact checking that should be stickied for the sake of reference.

So, I guess for the sake of making sure:

Total known gates (so far?) = 9 (2 of which are unique)
White = 7 gates (If they can "open" it)
Red = 7 gates (If they can "open" it, SÅ￾ichirÅ￾ succeeded) + family power
Souhaku = has his own unique gate
Senhime = had her own unique gate

Yes, that is correct. And just to be on the safer side of things and also not to mislead any readers/fans, every time I type certain facts on this forum, I double check with my copies of the Manga first. So the things that I listed out in my posts are directly from the Manga.

kk1 said:
Quote:
Is Souhaku's power a gate or a power or does he have both since there are branch families of his(one of which we've seen) wouldn't their power be a derivative of his?

SÅ￾haku's Red Feather family power = Spell/Enchantments to mind control + Acupuncture to pass down knowledge/past experience from one person to another.
SÅ￾haku's "Burning/Flaming" Dragon Gate = SÅ￾ichirÅ￾'s Dragon Gate allows him to use Electricity attacks. Ishiyumi Tessen's Dragon Gate allows him to manipulate water into various forms. SÅ￾haku's Dragon Gate on the other hand gives him the ability to keep his own/other people's Ki from dissipating therefore allowing himself/them to live forever. Also capable of putting Ki back or making Ki flow again in a lifeless vessel. (God power!)

Dgames said:
Quote:
The nagi famil is the only family that can have more than 1 gate on his body, so he had 2 at that time, the dragon fist and the earth dragon gate

Technically you are correct. Nagi clan can "steal" then use other families Dragons so yes they can have multiple "Gates" opened in their body. SÅ￾ichirÅ￾ showed that during the fight with Tsumuji Mataza JÅ«shi, where he began the fight using the Red Belt Dragon Gate (Earth) then all of a sudden started to use Orange Water Dragon Gate he "stole" from Ishiyumi Tessen. However, "Dragon Fist" is not a Gate, it's a special ability belonging to the Red Feather Nagi clan, along with their other ability to use unlimited Ki. Not only could Nagi clan "steal" Dragon Gates, they can also "steal" other Red Feather families special ability. Nagi Makiko "stole" all the founding families powers except for "Dragon Eye".

Kyu1982 said:
Quote:
Tsukiyomi: He/She was not introduced yet. I am sure Oh Great will add this one soon. Because he is using Japanese myth, so he will add him in the future.

Takayanagi: this family does not seem to share a blood heritage with 12 main families. When we look at the status at Takayanagi HQ. There was a sculpture with phoenix standing above dragon. Dragon indicates 12 families and Phoenix indicates Takayanagi. My personal view, I think Takayanagi has a high posibility to be descendents of Tsukiyomi or at least not from Susano's line. Amaterasu's bloodline seems to join with Susano's at one point in the past, so we are seeing Maya with her power.
And, if Takayanagi was from Susano, they wouldn't use phoenix for the representation. They problably see themselves as another dragon whether they hold special power or not.

Very very interesting, and should be taken into consideration as future possible plot lines. But the problem is that Takanayagi family already claimed to be the true descendants of Susano, while the 12 founding families tales claims they were created when Susano went Rapist style on their women ^^: lol...

And just for the fun of discussion .... heh heh...

Who do you think SÅ￾ichirÅ￾'s father is? Yes we all know it's SÅ￾haku, but ... in who's body lol? So... technically speaking... ShÅ￾jÅ￾ Tokuan is SÅ￾ichirÅ￾'s biological/organic father. LOL It would be so funny to see SÅ￾ichirÅ￾ all of a sudden gaining a power to Mimic other people's appearance/Ki/powers LOL big shocking plot twist I'd bet Razz
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

OK first lets clear things up, Dragon gates.
1) Is "gate" even a good translation?Aren't they actually called "chakra" corresponding to the original Sanskrit term for wheel (which Oh Great commonly depicts them as), your Chinese could help here because of the many models of chakras in use(with 5-8 chakras depending on which one you're using) I believe Oh Great is using the Chinese one since that one involves the circulation of qi(ki).
2)8 or 7 ? 8 gates are first mentioned in vol8 page 183 when the old family heads first get Nagi to use his power and the English translation says "the spirit energy enters the head and leaves from the 8 gates..." and Nagi is shown with 6 "swirls" (I'm assuming the gates) down his center from the head to his stomach and 1 each on his hands. 6+2 =8.
Then continuing on the next page "...the gate the dragon leaves through...the Dragon's gate ." And thus the confusion began...
3)then in vol 9 fight 53 Makiko(Nagi's mom) tries to explain how this works and from the english translation says that there are "7 Dragons that live in everyone and govern the powers of wood, fire, metal, water, wind, air(did she leave out earth or substitute wind for it ?)" names them (are those names good?)then states how they are used through martial arts study, meditation, or emotions once "dragons" devour enough "energy" to be invoked they are opened and a power is born. good?
4) She then says the 6 red feather families each have their own specific gate, this is why I asked if gate is the proper translation before because here's where it comes into play regarding the red feathers. Does she say gate or power? She then names them Natsumedragon eye,Nagi dragon fist(and then we can add Hotarudragon palm, Kabane dragon claw I know that was the name of the branch family power but what would you call the main one? dragon sword?, Shyoujyou dragon mirror? and Kago ?->that will be another question) and on the next page there's that eight again "the eighth element used in the construction of the world" huh?
5)She then says you need to be careful with dragons or they will they devour your body and then says"like they did my left eye" now we know "dragons" are euphamisms for "ki" and even though we later see a "dragon" attacking Nagi's leg later we know it's too much ki as we later see it explode Makiko's right arm, but what is the deal with her eye? We know it was removed by Souhaku and placed in Tetsuhito so why does she say this? I always thought she might have tried to steal the dragon's eye and it was too much for her (thus souhaku calling her weak for not being able to handle all the red feather powers and opting to use Tetsuhito instead) but while it's implied with a young Shin(or possibly steal back the powers from Tetsuhito but without a eye there was nowhere for the powers to go?), it's never shown and the dragon mark(it looks 3-d to me and not flat like a tatoo) never appears until after her eye is removed. This has always confused me, any clarity to add?

That's good for now, we'll save Souhaku and Senhime for later. :wink:
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Re: Triple post :p

Post by kk1 »

Dgames
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Dgames »

just to prove i didn't make anything http://www.onemanga.com/Tenjou_Tenge/53/04/
http://www.onemanga.com/Tenjou_Tenge/53/05/

it says 7 dragon gates to everybody and 8 dragon gates to the red feathers and the 8th dragon gate is are what you call red feather power, here she named it 8th dragon gate.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Dgames wrote:just to prove i didn't make anything http://www.onemanga.com/Tenjou_Tenge/53/04/
http://www.onemanga.com/Tenjou_Tenge/53/05/

it says 7 dragon gates to everybody and 8 dragon gates to the red feathers and the 8th dragon gate is are what you call red feather power, here she named it 8th dragon gate.
We know, don't you understand we're debating the English translation because 唯我独尊 is using the Chinese translation :roll:
Dgames
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Dgames »

he asked for a proof for what i was saying and i gave it
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Dgames wrote:he asked for a proof for what i was saying and i gave it
I know but you gave the English and his point is the English isn't a correct translation of the Japanese. That's why we started this thread, don't worry we'll get to it those pages are the first thing I asked about ^^^
唯我独尊
Yuurei
Yuurei

:D

Post by 唯我独尊 »

I got answers coming up...

I'm busy with a experience party at the moment... I'll post it up tonight.

And just before I go get busy.. (Thank GOD for Memorial Day weekend ^^b)

DGame... those two pages of scans from OneManga... where did the subs say there was a Eighth Gate again? Dude... I read through the two pages without missing a word on the text... but I only see where Nagi's mom mention that "Dragon Fist" and "Dragon Eye" were the "Eighth Element" constructing this world...

But anyhow, I will get my copies later and clarify this up...
Dgames
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Dgames »

each of the 7 dragon gates represent an elemement like fire, wood..... so the 8th element is refering to the 8th dragon gate, it even as a dragon as background.
唯我独尊
Yuurei
Yuurei

Weee...

Post by 唯我独尊 »

kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Re: Weee...

Post by kk1 »

kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Re: Weee...

Post by kk1 »

唯我独尊
Yuurei
Yuurei

You are not serious....

Post by 唯我独尊 »

唯我独尊
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by 唯我独尊 »

Dgames
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Dgames »

So kago flaming dragon is an 8th gate but nagi dragon fist isn't.........

dragon nose was a joke not a statement... and what he does with the needles is not a red feather power is a technique, otherwise Aya wouldn't do the same...

Real life theorys do not fully apply to manga they base on something real and add some of their fiction, so there's no element for the 8th dragon gate, that's why mahiko called the dragon fist & dragon eye a elemente, she was refering to all of the red feathers powers

Because I hold in my hand the Chinese version of Tenjho Tenge paid in full retail price, not the English translated Pirated Scan version(s). And in regards to being humble, I was being humble with all my posts or I tried very hard to be, but it's generally people like you and DGames quickly turns me into an Internet angry man. -.-
you are so humble, all of your posts are always trying to make look like fool, did i ever ofended you? you are such a arrogant bastard, can't handle other people opinion and goes right to the insult trying look like a genious......

btw and most of people here have RETAIL translated versions of tenjou tenge, the reason we use scanlations is because we do not like to wait for the translated versions of the manga.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Dgames wrote:So kago flaming dragon is an 8th gate but nagi dragon fist isn't.........

dragon nose was a joke not a statement... and what he does with the needles is not a red feather power is a technique, otherwise Aya wouldn't do the same...

Yes, the name was a joke. Obviously it's name is never mentioned :roll:
However it is a red feather power not a technique, he can send his ki through scent. Aya had to touch the object, and could only send it through her own , hair blood, and clothes.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Re: You are not serious....

Post by kk1 »

kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

jjfew
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by jjfew »

OMG ! I read everything ... My brain is burning.

I'm French, so, pardon my English that might be wrong or imperfect ...

I do think that kk1 is right about the 8th gate thing ... and to add some interstings things, I will do some research on the French translated manga ... (the official ones of course !)

I'm not certain that I will put an end to this kid fight, but I'll try to get some explanations since French is a real rich language^^ (no need to argue about that, it's obvious).

Thanx a lot, to both of view for spending so many time trying to explain all this mess ... It's really interesting and I've learnt a lot of things !!
You two share the same passion, and I can't figure why you are constantly fighting ... : )

see you soon on that burning topic !
French translator ... Fugu fan.
唯我独尊
Yuurei
Yuurei

我的妈呀。。。

Post by 唯我独尊 »

kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Huh and WoW :shock: good thing I'm kissing Fugu's ass :o
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

jjfew wrote:OMG ! I read everything ... My brain is burning.

I'm French, so, pardon my English that might be wrong or imperfect ...

I do think that kk1 is right about the 8th gate thing ... and to add some interstings things, I will do some research on the French translated manga ... (the official ones of course !)

I'm not certain that I will put an end to this kid fight, but I'll try to get some explanations since French is a real rich language^^ (no need to argue about that, it's obvious).

Thanx a lot, to both of view for spending so many time trying to explain all this mess ... It's really interesting and I've learnt a lot of things !!
You two share the same passion, and I can't figure why you are constantly fighting ... : )

see you soon on that burning topic !
Thanks, I tried to be nice but sheesh. I'll continue discussing for anyone who wants to be reasonable otherwise I've been through all this before and really don't want to get into another insult match. :?
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Just one last piece of evidence
http://www.onemanga.com/Tenjou_Tenge/63/32-33/

The "claw" dragon gate (chakra) the dragon claw.

There it is a red feather power called a dragon gate please please please tell me I'm wrong now pretty please. If you do I'll kiss your butt like I do Fugu's :lol: English 1 Chinese 0
Reiki
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Reiki »

there is a red feather chackra called dragon's claw
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Reiki wrote:there is a red feather chackra called dragon's claw

Thanks for stating the obvious John Madden :roll: