Fight 116

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Ankhalabon
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Ankhalabon »

Actually, the only thing that worries me is Bunshichi, because he's my favourite character and i really hope he's not really dead, so I hope in fight 117 we see him, for example, stopping masataka and mitsuomi's fight, or something like that

On the other hand, I really enjoyed the punch souchirou gave kabane, and I think I'll enjoy much more the fight between kabane brothers and nagi

Thanks for the raw 8)
IF I LIVE, I WILL KILL YOU. IF I DIE, YOU ARE FORGIVEN. SUCH IS THE RULE OF HONOR.
Dizzy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Dizzy »

Well, a big thanks for another TL. While waiting for that low and behold the next chapter came creeping up and is due in just a couple days (unless Oh Great took a month off somewhere that I missed?) where I continue to hope we get more of the Takayanagi brothers.
Moe
Yuurei
Yuurei

Hey

Post by Moe »

:?: :?: I've looked at One manga and Mangatraders but according to them Chapter 116 hasn't come out yet
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Re: Hey

Post by kk1 »

Moe wrote::?: :?: I've looked at One manga and Mangatraders but according to them Chapter 116 hasn't come out yet
http://aurepwr.free.fr/index.htm
Moe
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Moe »

ow Thank you
Bumbarash
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Bumbarash »

I think somebody will stop fight Mas vs. Mit...
because it's too good to be truth... :?
my english is dab!!!
Swordfish II
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Swordfish II »

Ankhalabon has a great idea -- I'd love to see Tawara come back; Bunshichi was?/is? a great character. Alas, I do feel it's not to be. And I wouldn't want him to stop Masataka from mopping the floor with his older brother (although I also doubt this will happen), because Mitsuomi deserves it for all the treacherous and cold-blooded things he's done. Even if his purposes overall were beneficial, his methods have been, to me, unsound.

I hope Kabane's words don't foreshadow his demise -- I like his character a lot. And his romance with Shoujou is really cute and a nice touch to the characters. I'm guessing that girl's face she changes to was her younger self, when she and Kibane first fell in love. The monks' reactions while exiting were pretty funny.

Kabane's armor getups just keep getting better and better, but Nagi smashed him down with one casual blow; "Did you say something?". I'm trying to make out what happened when twice Kabane ran him through with several blades at once -- Nagi was wounded and he appeared to be coughing up blood (he should have been dead!), then the blades are shattered and he's immediately healthy again and belting Kabane in the kisser. Are those some of his collection of Dragon Gates at work (Dragon Palm being one, I'm guessing). If so, then this exhibits how terribly formidable his vast range of "devoured" abilities is. You can see why Souhaku wants his body so badly.

Kabane's sister is a strange one, and I'm not talking about her eyes being sewn shut! :shock: Their merged form evidently gives Kabane a smoking cannon now, plus a third leg... ! :twisted:
jjfew
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by jjfew »

i'm really confused about this whole page
Page 128 (TJTG_116_026.) and you seemd to be too.

Can someone explain me the part about "shin" or tell me why he is mentionned ? and if it's the same shin as THE shin.
I really don't get it.

thanx !
French translator ... Fugu fan.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

it is possibly Mitsuomi, or Shin meaning "the truth". I don't know either. Check the translator note that I put there.
jjfew
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by jjfew »

well, thanx to what reika say in the 117, it's almost obvious that's it's Mitsuomi, no ?
Character: Rotsukaku Raika
• Do your best ... !! Just ... just endure it for now Kabane-san ... !!
• Just a little bit longer and Mitsuomi-san will be able to obtain the data about the transfiguration into "the true warrior" on which he has bet everything!!
• You two, who are said be the strongest of the Red Feathers, are the only ones that can play this "role"!!
French translator ... Fugu fan.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Probably, but I still don't know why he would use the Kanji for light / Mitsu but label it Shin. That makes no sense to me.
lost
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by lost »

I'm not sure if this helps, I don't know japanese but I recognize some chinese characters, but I don't know if they have the same meanings as Kanji (probably not >_<), I might be completely wrong, however I think "臣" is what people referred themselves to when speaking to a king or emperor in anicent china, but I don't know if it also applies to japan or in this dialogue, anyway I found this on wiki:
In imperial times, the pronoun for "I" was commonly omitted when speaking politely or to someone with higher social status.[citation needed] "I" was usually replaced with special pronouns to address specific situations.[citation needed] Examples include 寡人 guǎrén during early Chinese history and 朕 zhèn after the Qin dynasty when the Emperor is speaking to his subjects. When the subjects speak to the Emperor, they address themselves as 臣(chén), or "your official". It is extremely impolite and taboo to address the Emperor as "you" or to address oneself as "I".
So I was wondering maybe by "臣" (shin) he was referring to himself but in a more formal and polite way since it might be a note or proposal for the japanese emperor?

Sorry if I'm completely off, just ignore me if I am ^^;
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

yeah, that could be. That whole chapter had a lot of old style Japanese, and I don't know that very well. So my translation is just not very good. You'll have to make due with my best guess translation.