Fight 117 !

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Strangler
Kouhai
Kouhai

Fight 117 !

Post by Strangler »

It's coming ! It's coming ! :D

Those eyes, isn't it Inue ? The hair look darker than Masataka.
Wandering star
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

larger versions, from the flash files:

kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Sweet, looks like only Masataka to me.
Dizzy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Dizzy »

That eye does look to me like it hints Inue but who knows, it's too close up to say with any real certainty. Here's praying for some good old rapidscans for this one, the fight I've been wanting for years. (watch as it turns out these images are just a teaser and the chapter goes right back to Nagi after a couple pages, also good but not what I want!)
Strangler
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Strangler »

Oh please, I hope it will not be that...

Anyway, I also hope for fast scans... But we can't master that, so... Let's be patient ^^
Wandering star
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I went out when I got up this morning but none of the four stores nearby had received their shipment yet. Since it is a Saturday they usually deliver later than they do on weekdays. bummer.
Dizzy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Dizzy »

Well, Ultra jump updated their site to reflect the new issue and indeed the image they use in the Tenten section of now on sale is one of Kabane/Nui super armor mode, and the chapter is another relatively short one at 24 pages.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

yep, a short chapter. There is a nice two page spread.

Masataka starts and ends the chapter in the same pose. It is mostly Souichirou and the others. Interesting chapter though.
Kyu1982
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Kyu1982 »

FuguTabetai wrote:yep, a short chapter. There is a nice two page spread.

Masataka starts and ends the chapter in the same pose. It is mostly Souichirou and the others. Interesting chapter though.
did you already get the magazine?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Kyu1982 wrote: did you already get the magazine?
yeah, I usually pick it up the day it is released. Why wouldn't I? :)
DemonNeedle
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by DemonNeedle »

I guess they're trying to get through the NagixKabane fight, then Nagi interrupts the two brothers before they actually make a move (The reason why Masataka been in the same pose for two chapters straight).
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

well, my translation is up at the usual place http://tjtg.mangatranslation.com/TJTG_19_Trans.html

no TJTG next month. That timing actually works out well for me. I guess they are prepping the new tankobon?
pintudao
Tamashii
Tamashii

thanks

Post by pintudao »

Thanks for the translation, Fugu!
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

FuguTabetai wrote: no TJTG next month. That timing actually works out well for me. I guess they are prepping the new tankobon?

this will be the 6th chapter in 19, so yea, new volume starts next chapter
Strangler
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Strangler »

I wonder if Oh great doesn't read some Gantz...
Wandering star
Dizzy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Dizzy »

Someone told me that the reason Masataka's eye looks so funky is because it's reflecting the moon (his brother). That would make sense to me considering the information we have at hand. Also, it sounds like the Nagi/Kabane fight is over with already. Only two months until we get to see more....let the countdown begin again.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Raw's up. Wow, Souichirou is awesome. Goodbye little sister. Yea, Kabane's done. Hmm, does it sound like Makiko is talking about obliterating all the red feather power once its gathered in Souichirou?
Kyu1982
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Kyu1982 »

haha.
Nice chapter and ty Fugu for trans.

Holy sh*t,
I liked Nie.
Man, OG just used her for two chapters and discards her.
Raika is also some kind of special power user who can use eye technique.
Maybe, her eye doesn't do much except just watching the situation. Probably, she can see more thing than average human.

Seems like Nagi could not break the chain of his destined fate and locked up in there. Masataka seems to be only hope here. Whether Mitsuomi wins over Masataka or not, Mitsuomi will be crushed by Nagi + Sohaku.
He is more F*cked up than Sin. :twisted:
I wonder what if Nagi eats up Dragon eye, lol, it would be interesting.
EliteF22 wrote:Raw's up. Wow, Souichirou is awesome. Goodbye little sister. Yea, Kabane's done. Hmm, does it sound like Makiko is talking about obliterating all the red feather power once its gathered in Souichirou?
there is translation up.
she is trying to justifying herself about all the deaths.
simple way to say, this is war and people dies. just self-justification.
From my perspective, she is fu*ked up, too. she should help Nagi and stop all the madness besides watching from the sideline.
She seems to be interconnected with Nagi.
probablay felt the Nie's death.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Yea, the camera girl's eye looked like it was enhanced to transmit what she see's back to a location, some special analysis group? I was referring to Makiko's reference to Ichiyou's plan from way longtime ago. Wonder if anyone really realizes the scale of Souhaku's plan this time.
pintudao
Tamashii
Tamashii

TT117

Post by pintudao »

Strangler wrote:I wonder if Oh great doesn't read some Gantz...
I was quite shocked at Nui's fate :shock: I don't if he reads Gantz, but those gruelsome anatomy lessons reminded me of Oku's series. I wonder if the upcoming battles will be that violent... I hope Maya and Aya remain safe...
Last edited by pintudao on Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Ricco »

Ouch!!! Can one even survive a wound like Kabane's?

P.S.- A moment of silence for Nui...
"Heartless angel or soulles demon NOTHING will stand in my way!"
Moe
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Moe »

Did we get a Double chapter or something

Don't tell me that we won't have Tenjou tenge for 2 months?
Kyu1982
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Kyu1982 »

Moe wrote:Did we get a Double chapter or something

Don't tell me that we won't have Tenjou tenge for 2 months?
Just 1 month, I think.

Most time, AG does n't get released during the Tenten week, so
I was wondering why OG released AG during Tenten week.
Guess his break tells us why.

BTW, anyone know any raw site?
scan forge seems to be down.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Wow, wasn't really expecting that. So did the war start or not, Makiko seems to think it has but Mits asks Masa if he plans to stop it. Even Reika is part of some secret group, sheesh OG doesn't waste a single character in this book...well except Nui, poor girl we barely got to know her. So is Nagi just that viscious in this state or has Souhaku taken over, I think it's kind of sad if Nagi becomes such a cold blooded killer. :( So I'm really confused over Kabane's motivations, he purposely started this fight for Mitsuomi? Mitsuomi wanted the data on the transformation to the true warrior, is Mits still acting independent of his dad? or is he in on this too as Makiko seems to say it's their best chance according to Ichiyou's plan? Man I can't believe how good this got again, can't wait until the new chapter and we get some color pages :D
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

http://www.raw-paradise.com/Ritual/

Actually, if I remember correctly, Nui is the first person Nagi's ever killed. Not his fault though, all these arrogant ppl keep picking fights with him, especially Kabane seemed to have an intent to kill.
Dizzy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Dizzy »

Well, that was much more brutal than I thought it would be. Also good is that this entire volume covers a span in the storyline of maybe five minutes and two apparent character fatalities. At this rate we won't get to that ever so important "tomorrow" for a couple years. I'll set the alarm for the next TenTen come September 19.
IAS
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by IAS »

frikking finnaly Nagi awakened. Thou the " if i go wild you have to take me down" is new if a remember correctly, i mean it did not appear in the 110 (or 109 dont remember wich was it). That explains why masataka was so much disturbed about the cofee talk.

Finally...
lost
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by lost »

dear lord, I hope Kobane make it out alive :(
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

lost wrote:dear lord, I hope Kobane make it out alive :(

It's not looking good... :(
Swordfish II
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Swordfish II »

lost wrote:dear lord, I hope Kobane make it out alive :(
Well, in real life, wounds like that -- no, not a chance.

In TT, with rooms full of Dragon Palm red feathers and all the medical equipment money can buy... Maybe! He might be confined to a wheelchair for the rest of his day, though. Damn... Kabane was a *great* character, and although good people die (in both manga and real life), I'd like to see him make it, if only for Shoujou's sake.

His sister was massacred, tho, and there's no changing that, unless there is a Dragon's Gate that allows one to go back in time.

And what the heck was this fight all about, anyway? Kabane initially saved Nagi from his sister's gun barrage -- he should have just let her go if killing Nagi was a goal. But, in re-reading the last couple of chapters, it appears that they both knew they were potential sacrifices for an intelligence-gathering mission.

Nagi, his body at least, has become a monster, a murdering monster, now crossing a line that can never be undone. If it's Souhaku who's doing the killing, Nagi is a still an accessory to homicide for not getting that eyeball removed when he had plenty of chances. I wonder what Bob would think? I wonder how Aya would view him now?
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

But with Souhaku possessing him through that eyeball, how can Nagi even take it out? Even Aya knows what's going on and she couldn't do anything about it, except listen to whatever Souhaku tells her.

This twisted Nagi vs. Masataka fight in the possible future would look like a reversed version of "Shin vs. Mitsuomi" of past arc fame. Once again, reluctant warrior and manipulated monster will, or might, face once again, albeit on different but comparable circumstances.

Moreover, it looks like Makiko is pissed at what has happened to her boy. I hope this means she'll become a more prominent character again from here on. I hope Bob appears again as well. So much for "using your son for the war" angle... I wonder what Maya will do.
DemonNeedle
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by DemonNeedle »

But with Souhaku possessing him through that eyeball, how can Nagi even take it out? Even Aya knows what's going on and she couldn't do anything about it, except listen to whatever Souhaku tells her.

This twisted Nagi vs. Masataka fight in the possible future would look like a reversed version of "Shin vs. Mitsuomi" of past arc fame. Once again, reluctant warrior and manipulated monster will, or might, face once again, albeit on different but comparable circumstances.

Moreover, it looks like Makiko is pissed at what has happened to her boy. I hope this means she'll become a more prominent character again from here on. I hope Bob appears again as well. So much for "using your son for the war" angle... I wonder what Maya will do.
Maya will probably do what she was supposed to do two years ago and stop the fight between Masataka and Souichiro. Masataka is supposed to be out of the wheel of fate, yet I think Maya is the unknown factor in everything that's going on right now. Poor Bob, the only one totally out of the loop. If only he took Mitsuomi's offer........or did he........
Last edited by DemonNeedle on Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

If there's anyone who will be getting into the middle of things in a fight such as that, I think it's going to be Aya. Her feelings for Nagi and her Dragon's Eye will most likely play a huge role in such a conflict. Her inclusion will just make Masataka further dramatically involved as well.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Swordfish II wrote:
His sister was massacred, tho, and there's no changing that, unless there is a Dragon's Gate that allows one to go back in time.

And what the heck was this fight all about, anyway? Kabane initially saved Nagi from his sister's gun barrage -- he should have just let her go if killing Nagi was a goal. But, in re-reading the last couple of chapters, it appears that they both knew they were potential sacrifices for an intelligence-gathering mission.
That's what I was wondering, it seems he's doing it for Mits to gather data on Nagi's transformation, and being the strongest red feather it seems he's the only one that could last long enough to make it happen. He really was just toying with Aya during their fight.
lost
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by lost »

Maya will probably do what she was supposed to do two years ago and stop the fight between Masataka and Souichiro. Masataka is supposed to be out of the wheel of fate, yet I think Maya is the unknown factor in everything that's going on right now.
I wonder if amaterasu gate is still part of the grand plan of Souhaku and if he knows it's on Maya? I wonder if this would be the best time to revive Maya (since she's right upstairs with Mitsuomi :lol:), and if the amaterasu gate is still part of the Souhaku's grand plan to amplify his power, then he should probably revive her soon, maybe before the tournament?

Still, this whole thing is getting a bit huge with Nagi walking around in monster mode, would Nagi take control of his body again til tommorrow? If not, what would be Souhaku's motive for going to the tournament now instead of just walking upstairs and kill everyone in the building?
DemonNeedle
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by DemonNeedle »

kk1 wrote:
Swordfish II wrote:

That's what I was wondering, it seems he's doing it for Mits to gather data on Nagi's transformation, and being the strongest red feather it seems he's the only one that could last long enough to make it happen. He really was just toying with Aya during their fight.
I was thinking that Kabane wants to kill Souhaku to fufill his ancestor's duty and Raika said that they were gathering information about the transformation into the True Warrior. Maybe Kabane was just supposed to help awaken Souhaku within Souichiro.
Kyu1982
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Kyu1982 »

DemonNeedle wrote: I was thinking that Kabane wants to kill Souhaku to fufill his ancestor's duty and Raika said that they were gathering information about the transformation into the True Warrior. Maybe Kabane was just supposed to help awaken Souhaku within Souichiro.
Kabane's objective isn't killing Sohaku. His goal would be extermination of all the special power. And, he hoped to be with his love. Now, he is nothing but a piece of meat. lol

They were initially decided to use a bug user to put a little more Kii inside of Nagi and create a true warrior, Susanoo, who is a true warrior in Sohaku's vision. And, we don't really know who is the master of body yet. So, far most people in the manga assumed that Sohaku will take a control of the body, but Nagi seems to know about the current situation, and might try to take back the control of his body from Sohaku.

Taking control of his body from Sohaku is only way for Nagi to leave this ring of fate. Because if Takayanagi wins, Nagi will die, and if Sohaku wins, he will be neither alive nor dead. So, he is fu*ked up in both way.

If I were him, I would just rip off the left eye and crush it, and go home and sleep.
jjfew
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by jjfew »

Here's what I understood

Kabane's role is to "awaken" souichiro's true power through the influence of souhaku, so that Reika might collect and gather informations (thanx to an unknown ability ... ) on the transfiguration of the true warrior.

Everything has been planned under Mitsuomi's control and vision.

the word "transfiguration" is really important to me ... it has a religious or special dimension. It's not only a birth, it's a transfiguration.

About Souichiro I think he's aware of what he is doing. The simple fact he trash talked Kabane after ripping off his skin is a clear clue to me. And, indeed, he may have no other option but be THE only tool to put an end to this war, to this fate. As Makiko said, it could be the best chance to achieve Ishyio nagi's original plan. "eat everything" "everything need to be destroyed", and, the fact the chapter ends on what Nagi said to Masataka allows us to think that souichiro is waiting for Masat' to kick ass him after he "ate" everything. In any way, the chances he could die in the end are huge !

Those last chapters are really good.
French translator ... Fugu fan.
IAS
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by IAS »

Maya's body is right aside of the Takayanagi brothers right?. What are the odds of Nagi - Sohaku highjacking her?.

If Makiko survived... i guess Kabane will survive....

BTW super fast translation Fugu, thanks.
Dizzy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Dizzy »

The more I re-read this latest chapter the less I see Nagi as the true warrior at all. He may have the potential to obtain all the special powers of Susano from the past but he really seems to more represent Yamato no Orochi the demon that must be slayed by the true warrior. Thus leading to that True Demon (Nagi) vs. True Warrior (Masataka) fight that people have expected for a while.

It reminded me of earlier when Fu Chien returned and Masataka was talking about how that wasn't stregth and didn't deserve the name "warrior". I see Nagi in the same light
vflood
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by vflood »

Uh, I thought that the pole guy put out his eye... did he get a new one?
DemonNeedle
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by DemonNeedle »

Dizzy wrote:The more I re-read this latest chapter the less I see Nagi as the true warrior at all. He may have the potential to obtain all the special powers of Susano from the past but he really seems to more represent Yamato no Orochi the demon that must be slayed by the true warrior. Thus leading to that True Demon (Nagi) vs. True Warrior (Masataka) fight that people have expected for a while.

It reminded me of earlier when Fu Chien returned and Masataka was talking about how that wasn't stregth and didn't deserve the name "warrior". I see Nagi in the same light
It's gone way past Susanoo and the Orochi. It's more about Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, and Susanoo fighting against Death (Izanami). There has really been no canon description of the True Warrior besides collecting all of the powers. They never said the True Warrior had to be a good guy at all. Dougen only said that in the anime. Not saying that it might not come up again (Since they did that with Susa and the eight river heads or whatever they were), but it seems to go deeper that just that.
Strangler
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Strangler »

About Souichiro I think he's aware of what he is doing. The simple fact he trash talked Kabane after ripping off his skin is a clear clue to me.
For me, that was not Souichiro who was talking but Sohaku. Nagi would never call people by their formal names. Like he did by "Kabane Myoun".
Wandering star
Testament
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Testament »

I'm new in this realm please bear with it. :P

To chapter 117, IF Masataka is forced to kick Nagi's ass in the final, don't you think that history or the so called wheel of fate will repeat itself to the point prior to the first flash back with Mitsoumi and Shin?

The situation is similar to the day where Shin asked Mitsoumi during their bike tour.

I hope OG let if this situation occur, let Masataka as someone who don't believe in fate decide right and find another way to save Nagi.

To the Tsukuyomi history. I believe no matter what the image at a lake is, it can never match the image in the sky. But like the meaning of the true warrior differs in the vision of people, so maybe Tsukuyomi itself is something that isn't exactly the moon in the sky, but those who take action under the sky.

It is sad that Nui is dead, but maybe only maybe it wasn't real, that she died :( She looks cute :oops:
Maybe the same with Kabane? It was a metaphoric pain, ripping the back out without many blood lost.
My soul hard while firm
My mind clear and calm
My wisdom open and wide
My name reaches insignificance
Only one among us can stand under heaven
Strangler
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Strangler »

I don't think there was any metaphore :cry:
Wandering star
Dizzy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Dizzy »

Well, still a whole lot of time to kill here but I'm thinking if Masataka is going to start tearing up the wheel of fate he's going to find some way to beat his brother without killing him like Mits says he will have to. Technically though the fight between Nagi and Kabane isn't really over so who knows, we may have to wait beyond September to find out.

Also, I think a good image for one of those artsy Fight XXX chapter pages would be Masataka standing outside the cogwheel.
iijyanaika
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by iijyanaika »

does anyone still think nagi didn't kill sagara back in 98/99(forgot which chapter)

new chapter is almost out, this issue of afternoon is coming with yet again an alt cover for vol19 which comes out the same time. my store said they might get a late shipment, so i won't have pics out till wed
DemonNeedle
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by DemonNeedle »

iijyanaika wrote:does anyone still think nagi didn't kill sagara back in 98/99(forgot which chapter)

new chapter is almost out, this issue of afternoon is coming with yet again an alt cover for vol19 which comes out the same time. my store said they might get a late shipment, so i won't have pics out till wed
It was 99. Well, the only thing that happened to Sagara was that he saw that Souichiro could easily kill him at that point. Besides that, his mask was shredded, but the worst would probably be his mind all kinds of f'cked up, seeing his insides spilled out on the ground. Anyway, it's good to know I can get my new TenTen fix soon.
iijyanaika
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by iijyanaika »

nah, i say he killed him

with the way he's treating kabane and little sis. sagara is a goner
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I'm in CA until the end of the month. I'll have to see if I can get my wife to pick up the new issue. I still have last month's sitting on my desk.