Fight 119

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Fight 119

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

Last edited by Sleepy Weasel on Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lolipopo
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Lolipopo »

You are the BEST *o*

Is it Makiko ? :o BlackHairBerserkMakiko ? :P
I love you Alicia !
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

it appears to be nagi in the past. who is actually seeing this I do not know. either he is remembering it or aya is seeing it.
DemonNeedle
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by DemonNeedle »

Cool cool. It's definitely Nagi looking into the past, perhaps through retrocognition since we don't know exactly how many abilities he has stored within him.
Dizzy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Dizzy »

Hooray for Oh Great being healthy again (?) UJ just updated the site, 34 page chapter with a little image of Nagi maybe being sucked into/fighting against the darkness? Looks like part of a bigger picture....Maybe the chapter is about Nagi trying to fight against his father's control over him?
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Flashback to vol 2 page 137 (itself a flashback vision Aya is seeing with her Dragon eye)
Hadora
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Hadora »

http://www.onemanga.com/Tenjou_Tenge/11/20/

Wow. well done.
It's short but you remembered.
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

and at a different angle, i'm impressed
Sarex
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sarex »

pintudao
Tamashii
Tamashii

thanks

Post by pintudao »

Sarex wrote:http://www.raw-paradise.com/index.htm raw for the chapter
Wow! That was fast! thanks.
lost
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by lost »

Another good chapter =)

*spoilers*

Seems like Nagi's will power is stronger than I thought it'd be, he just turned the whole table around. So if Souichiro really got his body back, what is the main purpose of the tournament? What IS the role of Bob, Nagi and Masataka now?

And god damn it Ohgreat, I didn't expect Mitsuiro to go =/, but looking at the bright side, is Nagi capable of using his dad's power? It wouldn't be too hard to bring everyone back to life, giving them cyborg parts and stuff...

However Souhaku doesn't look too worry, maybe he'll make a come back.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

lost wrote:Another good chapter =)

*spoilers*

Seems like Nagi's will power is stronger than I thought it'd be, he just turned the whole table around. So if Souichiro really got his body back, what is the main purpose of the tournament? What IS the role of Bob, Nagi and Masataka now?

And god damn it Ohgreat, I didn't expect Mitsuiro to go =/, but looking at the bright side, is Nagi capable of using his dad's power? It wouldn't be too hard to bring everyone back to life, giving them cyborg parts and stuff...

However Souhaku doesn't look too worry, maybe he'll make a come back.

Whoa wait what? Nagi's in control? Seemed form the visuals of Souhaku grabbing the old Nagi it was the other way around. Can't wait for the translation on this. Oh Great continues to surprise me with where he takes this story, can't say that's the fate I envisioned for Inue or Kabane and Shyoujyou.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Sleepy Weasel wrote:and at a different angle, i'm impressed
Thanks, meant his one actually
http://www.onemanga.com/Tenjou_Tenge/11/21/
Testament
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Testament »

Not the story line I wanted to see in that chapter, but it was obvious that it is Nagi time again... :cry:
My soul hard while firm
My mind clear and calm
My wisdom open and wide
My name reaches insignificance
Only one among us can stand under heaven
lost
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by lost »

kk1 wrote:
Whoa wait what? Nagi's in control? Seemed form the visuals of Souhaku grabbing the old Nagi it was the other way around. Can't wait for the translation on this. Oh Great continues to surprise me with where he takes this story, can't say that's the fate I envisioned for Inue or Kabane and Shyoujyou.
Yea, seems to me Nagi is back in control, Souhaku did have control for the first half of the chapter, but Nagi came back to his senses and punched Noriko at the end, took her tongue, absorbed her dragon's roar, used her power and making everyone run and leave the building.

Nagi lost his black hair at the end and turned back to normal.
DemonNeedle
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by DemonNeedle »

Testament wrote:Not the story line I wanted to see in that chapter, but it was obvious that it is Nagi time again... :cry:
Hmmm, so Souichiro gained control again. I guess they're really giving Souichiro that 'classic anti-hero' personality. I guess the problem is that we all try to put someone as the main hero or heroine of the story, but Oh! Great could change the story at any moment, making everything we know so far irrevelent.
blackstar
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by blackstar »

DemonNeedle wrote:Not the story line I wanted to see in that chapter, but it was obvious that it is Nagi time again... Crying or Very sad
Well, it might be for a litte time, but still, Oh!Great should focus on Masataka soon, given he has beaten his brother and has become Tsukiyomi. He can't just ignore it... I hope :)
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Great chapter. It makes sense Oh Great is focusing on the Souichrou vs Souhaku fight given we just saw the Takayanagi brothers fight.
Testament
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Testament »

lost wrote: Nagi lost his black hair at the end and turned back to normal.
I think the last picture is a inner mind view, though the first part of last page seem to indicate it, but I can't understand why his hair looks like be cut when turn back to normal.

As for Masataka... in a special about the character, OG mention that Masataka would be the best for the main protagonist, but he decide not to make him into one... Actually in the anime he didn't become one... but I hope OG change his mind. :roll:
My soul hard while firm
My mind clear and calm
My wisdom open and wide
Dizzy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Dizzy »

Kind of figured this would be a Nagi chapter as we finally got the Takayanagi brothers chapter in 118, although I did kind of hope it would be a half/half sort of split instead. I like the last page, Nagi does not look amused to be his fathers plaything. I'm not sure who was in control of the punch to Inue as either Souhaku could just eat her powers and didn't need her anymore or Nagi didn't want her to be able to control those around her. The surprise on those faces maybe hints the latter but either makes sense...Happy to see her rendered totally useless though. Hoping for some more on the enforcement groups situation next month.
lost
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by lost »

As for Masataka... in a special about the character, OG mention that Masataka would be the best for the main protagonist, but he decide not to make him into one... Actually in the anime he didn't become one... but I hope OG change his mind.
I think we should be worrying about Bob more lol, Masataka seems to be in a very big and influential role at least, but Bob was supposedly one of the lead character along with Nagi.
DemonNeedle
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by DemonNeedle »

At this point, I don't how anyone could beat Souichiro one on one without the Amaterasu's Gate around, now that he could simply tell your body to f**k itself up if he wanted.
Sarex
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sarex »

I'm just wondering who is going to wield Reiki.
Lolipopo
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Lolipopo »

Just That >

ImageImage
I love you Alicia !
DemonNeedle
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by DemonNeedle »

Lolipopo wrote:Just That >

ImageImage
Oh! Great designed the costumes for the Tekken characters, so it wouldn't be surprising to see his supposed main character having a design similar to Devil Jin from Tekken. Even think they have similar powers (I remember in Devil Jin's ending in T5 he absorbed his grandfather's demonic powers and became a full-fledged devil. That and the black wings)
Lolipopo
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Lolipopo »

It's that :wink:
I love you Alicia !
hlcws
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by hlcws »

DemonNeedle wrote:At this point, I don't how anyone could beat Souichiro one on one without the Amaterasu's Gate around, now that he could simply tell your body to f**k itself up if he wanted.
I guess it will be masataka vs nagi...
btw, raw-paradise has 119 in HQ.
DemonNeedle
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by DemonNeedle »

hlcws wrote:
DemonNeedle wrote:At this point, I don't how anyone could beat Souichiro one on one without the Amaterasu's Gate around, now that he could simply tell your body to f**k itself up if he wanted.
I guess wht I'm trying to say is, with all the abilities and techniques that each character has, it wouldn't really be believable for anyone to beat Souichiro, at least one on one.
hlcws
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by hlcws »

DemonNeedle wrote:
hlcws wrote:
I guess wht I'm trying to say is, with all the abilities and techniques that each character has, it wouldn't really be believable for anyone to beat Souichiro, at least one on one.
Well, an activated Reiki could still poon him. Without his Ki abilities he is an amateur.
DemonNeedle
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by DemonNeedle »

hlcws wrote:
DemonNeedle wrote:
hlcws wrote: I guess it will be masataka vs nagi...
Well, an activated Reiki could still poon him. Without his Ki abilities he is an amateur.

Probably, but it only draws out the ki from whoever is holding it and most of Souichiro's known abilities are long ranged. It can't really pawn if you can't reach him. He already fought a person who can create blades out of dust and basically made him look like an amateur.
hlcws
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by hlcws »

Well, the Reiki could block all his ranged attacks... I guess it would neutralize the Ki needles, dragons roar, etc.

And I wonder whether he absorbed Kabane's powers, too. I mean when he beat up that water dragon guy he never really explicity "ate" their Ki, like he did with the tongue of that broad. Or Tessen, too... he just beat him up and his mother had to sacrifice an arm to prevent him from bursting.
Testament
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Testament »

If you want an impossibile showdown fight:

First Round:
Aya (with Reiki) vs Nagi/Kago
Aya lose but still alive

Second Round:
Masataka vs Nagi/Kago
Essentiel lose for Masataka but in appearance draw

Third Round
Masataka (Maya is around and active) vs Nag/Kago
Essentiel lose for Nagi/Kago, in appearance draw

Final Round Inner fight
Nagi (maybe we should take Bob in consideration as mental help) vs Kago
Nagi wins

Btw. do you guys compared this is stronger than that and that stronger than another that? uwah...
My soul hard while firm
My mind clear and calm
My wisdom open and wide
DemonNeedle
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by DemonNeedle »

hlcws wrote:Well, the Reiki could block all his ranged attacks... I guess it would neutralize the Ki needles, dragons roar, etc.

And I wonder whether he absorbed Kabane's powers, too. I mean when he beat up that water dragon guy he never really explicity "ate" their Ki, like he did with the tongue of that broad. Or Tessen, too... he just beat him up and his mother had to sacrifice an arm to prevent him from bursting.
Yeah, I guess.. the only thing is, when a person has an infinite amount of Ki like souichiro, and fighting against others who don't, who are also weilding an item that continues to absorb your ki, eventually, you'll lose.

As for Kabane's ability, I'm pretty sure Souichiro didn't absorb it as it looked like Kabane still had armor on his arm when he was defeated. Plus, he turned the first floor of the Takayanagi building into blades after he was defeated.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

DemonNeedle wrote:
hlcws wrote:Well, the Reiki could block all his ranged attacks... I guess it would neutralize the Ki needles, dragons roar, etc.

Yeah, I guess.. the only thing is, when a person has an infinite amount of Ki like souichiro, and fighting against others who don't, who are also weilding an item that continues to absorb your ki, eventually, you'll lose.

As for Kabane's ability, I'm pretty sure Souichiro didn't absorb it as it looked like Kabane still had armor on his arm when he was defeated. Plus, he turned the first floor of the Takayanagi building into blades after he was defeated.
He might have absorbed his sister's, though she used it differently it must be the same power.
hlcws
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by hlcws »

DemonNeedle wrote:

You'd only have to hit souchiro once, right?
the reiki would suck out all his ki or make him burst like an overripened tomato or something.
Testament
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Testament »

If something is infinite you can't suck it out dry, can you?

And thanks for 118, fugu.
My soul hard while firm
My mind clear and calm
My wisdom open and wide
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

DemonNeedle wrote:
hlcws wrote:
Well we still don't know Maya's plan. Remember when she visited Makiko in the mountains, she knew Souhaku was giving Nagi all these powers and why and learned all about Souhaku and came up with a plan, telling Makiko "I will stop this war using Nagi" (and she still had Reiki) and everyone seems to have forgotten her on the couch, remember Oh Great had her brought there for a reason and Nagi still is in love with her.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

After reading a little I have to wonder how Nagi reshaped Inue, all he said after he got her Dragon Roar was "You guys, all employees run away" it would seem to be Shyoujyou's power but where did he get that?
Sarex
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sarex »

Is the next chapter on December 12?
hlcws
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by hlcws »

kk1 wrote:After reading a little I have to wonder how Nagi reshaped Inue, all he said after he got her Dragon Roar was "You guys, all employees run away" it would seem to be Shyoujyou's power but where did he get that?
He hit her in the face so that she would bite her own tongue off, he snatches it in the air and eats it.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

hlcws wrote:
kk1 wrote:After reading a little I have to wonder how Nagi reshaped Inue, all he said after he got her Dragon Roar was "You guys, all employees run away" it would seem to be Shyoujyou's power but where did he get that?
He hit her in the face so that she would bite her own tongue off, he snatches it in the air and eats it.
Shyoujyou's power.
DemonNeedle
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by DemonNeedle »

kk1 wrote:
hlcws wrote:
Shyoujyou's power.
Wasn't Souhaku in a Shyoujyou clan member's body when he had sex with Makiko? It could be that Nagi inherited that power naturally. Otherwise, he could've fought a Shyou jyou clan member during the time Souichiro was with Souhaku. We still don't have an exact number on how many powers or what powers Souichiro has within him right now.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Sarex wrote:Is the next chapter on December 12?
The 19th.
Sarex
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sarex »

FuguTabetai wrote:
Sarex wrote:Is the next chapter on December 12?
The 19th.
thanks
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

DemonNeedle wrote:
kk1 wrote:
hlcws wrote: He hit her in the face so that she would bite her own tongue off, he snatches it in the air and eats it.
Shyoujyou's power.
Wasn't Souhaku in a Shyoujyou clan member's body when he had sex with Makiko? It could be that Nagi inherited that power naturally. Otherwise, he could've fought a Shyou jyou clan member during the time Souichiro was with Souhaku. We still don't have an exact number on how many powers or what powers Souichiro has within him right now.
Yeah I've speculated about that myself, I just hope OHGreat gives us a definative answer.
lost
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by lost »

Wasn't Souhaku in a Shyoujyou clan member's body when he had sex with Makiko?
Yea, Souhaku already have Shyoujyou's power from ancient time by possessing Mitsuiro's ancestor, it was his ability that he's been using to reshape himself for the past hundreds of years, the power probably carries with him through the eye, so I'm not sure if it's the same body he's been using.

Mitsuiro mentioned in Kabane's flashback that her family's ability was "stolen" by Souhaku in ancient time, hence they only marry people within the family for a purer bloodline and better ability, and the power either carries over through the eye or through bloodline to Nagi. I didn't see Nagi uses the power in this chapter though, I probably missed it =/
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

lost wrote:
Wasn't Souhaku in a Shyoujyou clan member's body when he had sex with Makiko?
Yea, Souhaku already have Shyoujyou's power from ancient time by possessing Mitsuiro's ancestor, it was his ability that he's been using to reshape himself for the past hundreds of years, the power probably carries with him through the eye, so I'm not sure if it's the same body he's been using.

Mitsuiro mentioned in Kabane's flashback that her family's ability was "stolen" by Souhaku in ancient time, hence they only marry people within the family for a purer bloodline and better ability, and the power either carries over through the eye or through bloodline to Nagi. I didn't see Nagi uses the power in this chapter though, I probably missed it =/
I doubt it carries through his eye, Nagi used it when he reshaped Inue into Souhaku.
lost
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by lost »

I doubt it carries through his eye, Nagi used it when he reshaped Inue into Souhaku.
I don't think he did that did he? If you're talking about the last page, I think that's Nagi's inner mind view like Testament said above. Nagi losing his hair might've just been losing the hair from his past design he had when Souhaku squashed him with his hand at the beginning of the chapter, guess we don't know til the next issue though or a proper translation.

I think the last 2 pages is probably a continuation of the inner mind struggling from first half of the chapter, since Nagi said something like "Stop thinking you've already won, the fight between me and you had just started. I've also became stronger (bigger) as well."

Wonder if next chapter is still going to be more Souhaku vs Nagi action, it'd be interesting if oh!great use this opportunity to give Nagi his character development he's been kind of lacking in the past.

Edit: Also Mitsuiro said Souhaku were able to keep changing bodies and be able to look exactly the same using her family's power, so it was hinted that Souhaku were able to carry the ability with him and probably have been swapping bodies for past centuries, since his body other than his eye isn't immortal anymore.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

lost wrote:
I don't think he did that did he? If you're talking about the last page, I think that's Nagi's inner mind view like Testament said above. Nagi losing his hair might've just been losing the hair from his past design he had when Souhaku squashed him with his hand at the beginning of the chapter, guess we don't know til the next issue though or a proper translation.

I think the last 2 pages is probably a continuation of the inner mind struggling from first half of the chapter, since Nagi said something like "Stop thinking you've already won, the fight between me and you had just started. I've also became stronger (bigger) as well."

HUH? Look at it again her whole body vaporizes and then reforms as Souhaku! That's no inner mind view, I wouldn't be surprised if he turns the tables on Inue and pokes out her eye and sticks Souhaku's in there.
lost wrote: Edit: Also Mitsuiro said Souhaku were able to keep changing bodies and be able to look exactly the same using her family's power, so it was hinted that Souhaku were able to carry the ability with him and probably have been swapping bodies for past centuries, since his body other than his eye isn't immortal anymore.
Yes it is! His power was to keep ki in bodies not have an immortal body and he can do it to anyone. How do you you think Inue and Tetsuhito stayed young so long, they never switched bodies. And reread what Mitsuiro says "He was able to change bodies but continued to look exactly the same" She's just recounting what happened once she doesn't say "keep changing", implying he did it repeatedly, at all.
Last edited by kk1 on Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
lost
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by lost »

Vaporize? I think it was one of the skeletons beside Souhaku in his ceremony place within Nagi's inner world, that was not related to Inue, it was inside Nagi's mind with Souhaku performing his ceremony with the skeletons and spells. You do see other skeletons there in that same picture right? =P Nagi interrupted him which caused Souhaku's hand to melt, and it grew back. They don't even wear the same clothes. Look at chap 117 where Souhaku summoned the skeletons at the ceremony, thats where this took place.

Yea I agree that Souhaku have been using the same body due to Inue and Tetsuhito have been staying young since forever, it was just a possible scenario that he could've swapped bodies and also carry both gates he have with him, but either way we don't know about if it carries over or not, but I've been wondering how exacly does the aging thing works, because other than Souhaku's own ability to keep ki within the body, he also said his body was "immortal" but not anymore after possessing Shyoujou.