Chap 48-51 out!

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

arpl
Tamashii
Tamashii

Chap 48-51 out!

Post by arpl »

:shock: :shock: :shock:
WOW

Still downloading....

Fugu rulez!!!
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Re: Chap 48-51 out!

Post by FuguTabetai »

arpl wrote::shock: :shock: :shock:
WOW

Still downloading....

Fugu rulez!!!
damn man, you know it.
Curse-ed
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Curse-ed »

Holy Shit!!! did i just die and went to heaven?!
Desperto
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Desperto »

:?:

Where are the download links ?
I can't find !!
GOD I CAN'T FIND THEM !
MUST
HAVE
NEW
CHAPTERS !!!!
One step ahead, and you aren't in the same place
Chico Science
Altrael
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Altrael »

Desperto wrote::?:

http://tjtg.mangatranslation.com/downloads.html

And thanks for all the hard work, Fugu
Desperto
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Desperto »

Altrael wrote:
Desperto wrote::?:

http://tjtg.mangatranslation.com/downloads.html

And thanks for all the hard work, Fugu
?
Is there a problem in my browser ?
I can only see the download for chapter 46 and 47
can't find 48-51
Chico Science
silverfang
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by silverfang »

how come i get this tracker error?
:?:

and i really want these new chapters, too.
:(
isieo
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by isieo »

Desperto wrote:
?
can't find 48-51
try pressing F5(refresh) when you are in that page..
if it still can't work go to tools then delete all your temp internet files.. should work...
Desperto
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Desperto »

isieo wrote:Desperto wrote:
?
can't find 48-51
try pressing F5(refresh) when you are in that page..
if it still can't work go to tools then delete all your temp internet files.. should work...
F5 worked
I guess you learn something new every day
Thanks
=)
Chico Science
Starakin
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Starakin »

wow, 4 chapters at once. That's going to take a while to download.

Thanks a lot Fugu.
standa-man
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by standa-man »

I can expect that every release from now on will have 3 chapters at a time from now on, right?

Haha... j/k.
Way to pump out the chapters.

I'll have to be an echo and repeat:
Fugu rulez!!!
Jonny1o5
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Jonny1o5 »

why do i get a this tracking error...

It says connection is refused? O_o? anyone know?

Did the mavs loose to the trailblzers or something? and was

he even serious about taking the link off O_O?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Jonny1o5 wrote:why do i get a this tracking error...

It says connection is refused? O_o? anyone know?

Did the mavs loose to the trailblzers or something? and was
Yes.
Jonny1o5 wrote:he even serious about taking the link off O_O?
No, but it looks like my tracker was.

fugu
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

standa-man wrote:I can expect that every release from now on will have 3 chapters at a time from now on, right?
No.

But, I do want to finish off Volume 9 before I leave for Japan in July - I'll be there for a conference, and then I'm taking 3 weeks off to travel. So you won't see any updates then. The secondary seed for all the volumes will be gone too (it's my laptop running off a cable connection from home - I'll need it to present) so hopefully some people will keep an eye on how many seeds are around and help out.

fugu
Shin
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Shin »

Thank's a lot for your hard work fugu !!
Always the best as usually !!
Hope that when you came back from japan you have bought the new voleme of TnTg !! the 10
Dead is not the end...
Is just the beginnig..
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

[quote="Shin"]Thank's a lot for your hard work fugu !!
Always the best as usually !!
Hope that when you came back from japan you have bought the new voleme of TnTg !! the 10
shingen13
Yuurei
Yuurei

Thx a lot

Post by shingen13 »

I just joined the BBS when I saw chapters 48-51 :shock: were out
I never took the time to congratulate you before...
but FUGU YOU RULE !!!! :D
Thanks a lot for the great work !!!
...there is only one truth...
Waso Dodu
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Waso Dodu »

:shock:

whoa
clap clap clap clap
thanks fugu

there's one thing i wanna know
what's is the flying dragon from heaven ?
and the black dragon that stain the earth with blood ?
it's related with oriental mythology ?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Waso Dodu wrote: there's one thing i wanna know
what's is the flying dragon from heaven ?
poetic?
Waso Dodu wrote: and the black dragon that stain the earth with blood ?
poetic way of saying "this might fail"?
Waso Dodu wrote: it's related with oriental mythology ?
maybe. but it sounds just more like talking about their own mythos that isn't completely explained. There are dragons in western mythology as well, some of them are black and / or can fly.

The next volume explains a bit more about the "8 Dragon Gates" but it is nothing too complicated.
blackkenshi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by blackkenshi »

I'm making a guess but isn't the black dragon the mode Nagi takes on in the end of 51 and during his transformation time the dragon flying around him looked demonic. And this flying dragon is maybe what Aya saw on Vol 2 when she fell asleep near him.
zombi3d
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zombi3d »

everybody already thanked u, u prolly getting annoyed by all the thanking, but what the hey, THANK U!!

so this nagi is like anti-super sayajin!!

normal naga - spiky yellow hair with colored eyes
anti-super sayajin nagi - black straight hair with black eyes

he kinda looks like masataka now

but i gotta say chapter 51 was killer
and asshat looks tough!!
blackkenshi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by blackkenshi »

zombi3d wrote: but i gotta say chapter 51 was killer
and asshat looks tough!!
Wait. That was Asshat in the billiards place. Now that you mentioned it they never gave his real name in the past arc. Maybe thats not Asshat. But I wouldn't know I'm only making guesses
blackkenshi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by blackkenshi »

And another thing. The people Nagi was fighting. Were they the demons or were they demon exorcists like Nagi cus of their regenerative powers.
newbiebad
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by newbiebad »

blackkenshi wrote:And another thing. The people Nagi was fighting. Were they the demons or were they demon exorcists like Nagi cus of their regenerative powers.
My take on it is that those "demons" were just expert martial artists under Dougen Takayanagi. Dougen was just testing Nagi by forcing that situation onto him. This is a little funny since it's not unlike how he created that mess between Shin and Mitsuomi. :shock: When Nagi knocked out one of the attackers, the mask he was wearing fell off, revealing an old man. Then, the other "demon" took off his mask and it was actually Dougen. My guess is that the other old man we saw is one of the former leaders of the 12 families who was kicked out by Mitsuomi. Heh... this setup is getting a little spicy. It appears Dougen hasn't completely given up on getting revenge on Mitsuomi. Now he is training Nagi and it appears he is using his influence to create an opposition force. Gotta love this father + son moment.... awwww. :oops:
Rosi-chan
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Rosi-chan »

For all those people who can't get the download, try join #mangaproject at irc.mircx.com and search for Tenjou Tenge (as for me it doesn't matter since i buy the legal translation).
To Blackkenshi : nope, it's not Asshat in the billiard place.. He's a new character called Ishiyumi who seems kinda strong.. Surely he will have a role in the 9th volume (which i haven't read yet... :? )
Rosi-chan
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Rosi-chan »

newbiebad wrote:My guess is that the other old man we saw is one of the former leaders of the 12 families who was kicked out by Mitsuomi. Heh... this setup is getting a little spicy. It appears Dougen hasn't completely given up on getting revenge on Mitsuomi. Now he is training Nagi and it appears he is using his influence to create an opposition force. Gotta love this father + son moment.... awwww. :oops:
Yeah, i agree with you.. The plot is getting exciting.. i can't wait until i have the new volume with me!! :shock: :lol:
Rose Aka Maya Natsume
http://digilander.iol.it/bimbasite
Ger24
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Ger24 »

blackkenshi wrote:
and asshat looks tough!!
Wait. That was Asshat in the billiards place. Now that you mentioned it they never gave his real name in the past arc. Maybe thats not Asshat. But I wouldn't know I'm only making guesses
No, that guy is a member of Mitsuomi's group, Asshat will show up in Volume 9.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

blackkenshi wrote:
and asshat looks tough!!
No, that was not. Check the character lists. Or read my README.txt notes.

Asshat does show up BRIEFLY (and you've got to respect where he's at) in vol. 9. But he's not a major player.
ShiroiNeko
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by ShiroiNeko »

Ger24 wrote:
blackkenshi wrote:
and asshat looks tough!!
No, that guy is a member of Mitsuomi's group, Asshat will show up in Volume 9.
Thls for this chapter just see that today
and wowo the story wsa smthg
i m still thinking about it

u ruins my joys

i was hoping is was him but Asshat
but seems that Asshat is stiill Asshat
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Fugu, can I kiss you?

FuguTabetai wrote:
The next volume explains a bit more about the "8 Dragon Gates" but it is nothing too complicated.
The 8 gates actually correspond to the eight Chakras in Hindu mythology/doctrine. Opening the dragon's gate, as was done to Nagi in Chap 51, is called 'awakening the sleeping serpent Kundalini...'
Awakening Kundalini supposedly turns one superhuman. Think 'plain old Siddharta Gautama to Buddha' or 'Neo to The One'.

Rosi-chan wrote:
To Blackkenshi : nope, it's not Asshat in the billiard place.. He's a new character called Ishiyumi who seems kinda strong.. Surely he will have a role in the 9th volume
That Ishiyumi guy is really #^@#ing strong...

I loved these chapters, especially the catfight between Aya and Maya. What Aya went through is something most people not involved in the martial arts take for granted. I've been training in karate for 4 years, and I still get scared when I have to fight one of the stronger black-belters (not those who rank below me though. Those I can bitch-slap around. :twisted: ). The battle with yourself is truly the most important battle you can fight. You gotta respect Oh! Great for being able to write it so convincingly well. Whenever I read that bit I'm reminded of my own fights...

BTW, Fugu, I wanna ask you this: You have all these great smiley icons, but how come you don't have one that says "I'm a hentai"? I'd be using that all the time...

Agent Wax
blackkenshi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by blackkenshi »

Agent_Wax wrote:
BTW, Fugu, I wanna ask you this: You have all these great smiley icons, but how come you don't have one that says "I'm a hentai"? I'd be using that all the time...

Agent Wax
Hmm. I wonder what that would look like? :mrgreen:
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Agent_Wax wrote:Fugu, can I kiss you?
Not unless you are a cute girl, no.
Agent_Wax wrote: BTW, Fugu, I wanna ask you this: You have all these great smiley icons, but how come you don't have one that says "I'm a hentai"? I'd be using that all the time...

Agent Wax
These are just the default ones that ship with phpbb2. I suppose I could add one, but I have no idea what it would look like (Bunshichi?) and I don't really see it as very important...

fugu
Starakin
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Starakin »

This was a killer volume (yeah, you can guess I read it all in one shot)

thanks Fugu!
The_Shape
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by The_Shape »

Man, the artwork in chapter 48 was total crap.

The assistants are doing more work nowadays, and because of that the art doesn't look the same anymore... But man, in chapter 48 it was terrible! We only had a few of the close-ups done by Great!

Sh_t, Nagi and Bob look like they walked out of Digimon (i'm serious - Nagi looks exactly like some of the Digimon kids). The art looks very rushed and overly clean. I'm already not too fond of the most recent work by Great (the characters are starting to look more... "generic" and less unique). I remember when i first saw Great's art in Silky Whip i was like "what IS this thing". Then i got used to it, and started really loving in it in Tenjho and Majin Devil. But now it looks only "good". It looks like your usual shonen manga.

Oh well, the story and scriptwriting make up for it, i guess.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

The_Shape wrote:Man, the artwork in chapter 48 was total crap.
I don't see what people are complaining about - but maybe I don't focus on the art as much.

Also, did you see the "Extra Comic" at the end, where Gure-kun's assistant gives him grief about the change in the art style. heh.

fugu
Rain_Cassidy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rain_Cassidy »

"I don't mind, as long as Bob says it's okay"? :shock: Ok, after 3 long volumes of absence, that 1 sentence just reminded me why I hate that girl. :x Her 1st reason in this manga is fanservice of an unappealing variety. She is an inferior reincarnation of Needle Girl (whose name is so hard to remember!).

What happened to Maya? Did they forget how to draw Older Maya for a while? And Mits... he looks like he's been smoking pot during the entire 1st "present arc" chapter.

Hmm, Buffy Maya... except Maya enjoys all the grief and conflict. Because of Maya, Shin turned to the Dragon's Eye. And now, because of Maya, Aya will do the same. Hmph, thy name be Woman. And all that, I guess. :?

Hee hee, Souichirou becomes Reverse Super Saiyan. I like him much better with black hair; tired of 90% of students in JAPAN having blonde/white hair. Feels like Bob "The Foreigner" is the only human being having black hair around there. Masataka too, but he's an idiot.

About the 8 Dragon Gates... it's talking about the 8 Chakra of the human spirit in Hindu mystical doctrine, I believe. The head is the highest Chakra. Oh wait, Agent Wax already said that! Wow, you're so learned... :)
Tenmei
Yuurei
Yuurei

the eight gates

Post by Tenmei »

they remind me of another recent manga Naruto with one of the characters Lee opening the eight limit gates. Anyway thank you Fugu I worship the ground u walk on, very impressed with four chapters at once.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Rain_Cassidy wrote:"I don't mind, as long as Bob says it's okay"? :shock: Ok, after 3 long volumes of absence, that 1 sentence just reminded me why I hate that girl. :x Her 1st reason in this manga is fanservice of an unappealing variety.
Yeah, that was a bit strange. But not completely way out there - I've met people that are like that as well, not so uptight about their bodies. But I agree that she is in there mostly as fan service - although she does have her own opinions on things. I really liked it when she cursed out Nagi and Bob, asking them just why they are doing all of this. She asked Bob to quit Toudou and just go to a normal school with her...
Rain_Cassidy wrote:She is an inferior reincarnation of Needle Girl (whose name is so hard to remember!).
Kuzunoha Mana. I keep, IMHO, excellent character lists for each volume and all volumes, so it shouldn't be hard to look up a name if you are at a loss.
The_Shape
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by The_Shape »

Rain_Cassidy wrote:"I don't mind, as long as Bob says it's okay"? :shock: Ok, after 3 long volumes of absence, that 1 sentence just reminded me why I hate that girl. :x Her 1st reason in this manga is fanservice of an unappealing variety. She is an inferior reincarnation of Needle Girl (whose name is so hard to remember!).
She's still better than Maya.
Rain_Cassidy wrote:She is an inferior reincarnation of Needle Girl (whose name is so hard to remember!).
Kuzuhona was not in there for service. And she's also better than Maya. I always thought the past arc would explain why Maya is a bitch, explain why people follow her and make her seem likable somehow.

I'm still waiting.

If Great dropped a ball story-wise, was this one. Maya's still just a plot point. And a bitchy one.
Rain_Cassidy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rain_Cassidy »

Bob's GF is not better than Maya. There are ppl who aren't uptight about their bodies, and then there are sluts.
I always thought the past arc would explain why Maya is a bitch, explain why people follow her and make her seem likable somehow.
If Great dropped a ball story-wise, was this one. Maya's still just a plot point. And a bitchy one.
Maya can be an aloof, cold bitch. Women in charge are often seen as such. The fact that ppl follow her speaks for her leadership qualities, and she does possess them. She's not supposed to act all cute and sweet so that you can like her. You may not like her character, but she's certainly not "just a plot point."
zombi3d
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zombi3d »

they're not real, Oh great thought up those characters.......really!

it almost feels like theyre actualy ppl, by the way you ppl are going at it.

take things for what they are.

i dont like Bob's gf

but hate is such a strong word. i mean her purpose is served, whether it was pointless boob talk or mental support for the group. dont forget she is a minor character.

and for that i am a happy man :shock:
The_Shape
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by The_Shape »

Rain_Cassidy wrote:Bob's GF is not better than Maya. There are ppl who aren't uptight about their bodies, and then there are sluts.
I always thought the past arc would explain why Maya is a bitch, explain why people follow her and make her seem likable somehow.
Maya can be an aloof, cold bitch. Women in charge are often seen as such. The fact that ppl follow her speaks for her leadership qualities, and she does possess them. She's not supposed to act all cute and sweet so that you can like her. You may not like her character, but she's certainly not "just a plot point."
Funny.

You mean, me calling Maya a bitch is wrong, because she's a "leader" (for some reason the fact she's in the leadership makes it ok to be a bitch ever since she's a teen, before she was a leader... or even one of the best fighters...).

But you calling Chiaki a slut is ok, because... uh... you have a scene that bothers you?

Whatever, dude.

I didn't start calling Maya a bitch after one or two scenes. It was after volumes of her doing bitching and acting like an arse FOR NO REASON (her past is not an excuse at all). There are dozens of characters i dislike in dozens of mangas and anime. But they have a point and they change, they show what they've got.

So far, Maya's character only defining moments (actually, Shin's and Mits' defining moments) were in the past arc, where she wasn't all that developed to begin with (i was expecting a lot more, frankly - she didn't change or do much at all).

And what is she doing in the present arc? Being bitchy as the leader, blurting out platitudes (when actually she's the one that needs to hear some) and making moon eyes at Mits. She's in almost every scene, and still... nothing.

Sure, TT is more of an "story" than "character" manga, but for a main character i expect a lot more than being Miss-Buffy-with-a-Bad-Past.

Boo-hoo.
Tommy-kun
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Tommy-kun »

Now, now, everyone's getting at her, but you are quite the people.
Why is Maya bitchy in the first place? Why is Nagi such a punk? Why is Taka such a lecher? Maybe it all started out further in the past??

For Maya, a major things surely is that Shin... well, Shin killed the whole family. And then developed a bond to Maya so strong it's choking her. Now how will you turn out when you grow up like this? And japan ain't a place where children are given big moral support for dealing with the past.
I can understand her quite fine, just the way as Nagi was violent when little and seeing him now.

Comments n stuff are all welcome 8)
Rein
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Rein »

You have a point but Maya is not miss pycho crazy bitch. If she was then there would probably be no problem. However, her character is shown to the reader as if she should be loved instead of hated. Hey, she has a bad past and I feel for her, but still her bitchy personality is probably something that would show up even without the tragic past. Also, remember that Maya also feels left out and outcasted because she do not possess any speical powers. She probably might even have hated her family.
Rune
Yuurei
Yuurei

cant download chapter 8

Post by Rune »

Yo, dont wanna throw everybody off track with the serious talk here but i need some help. I'm having a problem getting chapter 8 down.. i didnt have a problem when fugu lumped 48-51 into one torrent file. but since i'm d/l-ing on a crap 56kbps line ( i noe its a sin!).. i didnt manage to get the whole thing before fugu put it into one chapter 8 torrent file with chapter 46 n 47... so now, even as i do as he says (by putting the zips for 46 n 47 into the folder so i dont get the same file again) i have this starting up message on my torrent screen... n its been starting up for like an hour! I would appreciate it if anybody has like singular torrent files for chapter 48 to 51 n would like to share them with me, pls drop me a line... much appreciated... laters...