Fight 120

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Hramm
Yuurei
Yuurei

Fight 120

Post by Hramm »

DemonNeedle
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by DemonNeedle »

Thanks. What's with the snake heads. Can't read japanese, but i'm thinking along the line of an evil bringing ritual. With Souhaku's buddhist ways and snakes representing evil, I guess it's a part of increasing the resonance.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

DemonNeedle wrote:Thanks. What's with the snake heads. Can't read japanese, but i'm thinking along the line of an evil bringing ritual. With Souhaku's buddhist ways and snakes representing evil, I guess it's a part of increasing the resonance.
Alot of times the title page picture has nothing to do with the story.
Dizzy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Dizzy »

UJ update shows that we get a lengthy 33 pager and it's looking like it's gonna be pretty Nagi centered. I wonder where the fight over Nagi's mind is going to go. I would have thought that gauging from the warning at the end of 117 about kicking his ass if the wheel consumed him that Nagi was going to lose himself to his power/father for a while but he's off to a pretty good start in resisting that.
lost
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by lost »

The lq raw is out!
Can't wait to skim through this!

http://www.raw-paradise.com/
Last edited by lost on Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dizzy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Dizzy »

Well damn, from the looks of it it seems neither fight is over yet? I didn't expect that Mits may not be done yet after all (maybe?). Also, looks like we may get some key info from a couple real brief flashbacks late in the chapter. Impressive chapter.
lost
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by lost »

Oh shiiiiit, that was an awesome chapter, I can't wait for the translations on the flashbacks, thats possibly be the first generation of the 12 families, I wonder how is Reiki related to Amaterasu gate and dragon eye? The woman seems to resembles the spirit from Reiki (which also resembles Maya a bit with the white hair), this is getting better.

There's also the guy with the weird Mitsuomi split eyebrows, could that be the first Takayanagi?

And Mitsuomi isn't down yet! Neither is Souhaku. Damn this coming month is going to be a long one =(

Edit: and how is Mitsuomi still alive lol, I guess his heart didn't explode? Or could his heart be cured by Masataka secret magical punch. :lol:

and wow Souhaku keeps getting his fingers chopped off... how many finger has he lost so far? I think Shoujyou who he possessed in the past also lost his fingers from the sword fight, which magically grew back lol
DemonNeedle
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by DemonNeedle »

Actually, it looks like Nagi was being taken over by Souhaku by the end of the chapter. Also, I knew a simple elbow strike wasn't going to knock down Mitsuomi. That would've been the cheapest fight in the series if it ended like that. So to recap:

Nagi/Souhaku: mental battle with each other for control of the body within a collapsing skyscraper
Masataka/Mitsuomi: still fighting within a collapsing building.
The Enforcement Group/Mitsuomi's guards: Trying to get away from the collapsing building
Maya: technically a lifeless body within a collapsing skyscraper
Aya: exhausted her ki while fighting Kabane, yet probably knows what's going on with her powers
Bunshichi: Most likely in the same predicament as Maya
Kabane/Nui: making/watching the skyscraper fall down on top of them
Mitsuiro: probably dead
Kagesada Sugano: multiple broken bones and cannot continue to fight for the rest of the tournament, if it's still on tommorrow
Bob/Chiaki: doin' the nasty.

Yeah, I think Bob had the best plan with what to do that night.
Testament
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Testament »

lost wrote:The lq raw is out!
Can't wait to skim through this!

Edited "the link"
at least you can only write raw-paradise.com after all it is their webspace and and just direct linking I always feel uneasy... :(
Last edited by Testament on Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
My soul hard while firm
My mind clear and calm
My wisdom open and wide
My name reaches insignificance
Only one among us can stand under heaven
lost
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by lost »

Yea I was about to only post the website, but i figure people would complain about not linking them directly lol

I'll edit it =)
iijyanaika
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by iijyanaika »

first part just nagi talking about his fighter feelings being all in his fist, and how much it must hurt getting hit by him

nothing happaned in the past panels. the first part was talking about how he was like a yanagai plant, and no matter the storm he'll stand firm.

then sohaku talks about amaterasu miko basically his disdain for her eyes. and how she's pure. then Nagi chopping off the fingers. the little panel as they're walking away is just saying basically"i've been losing more things than anyone for 2000 years"

more reflection talk "why do people try tp grasp things"

and finally sohaku being a bloody pulp being happy with his son. "gods, demons, people eat each other, so they al should be one"
daddy is telling son if it's beautiful to hurt, then i will hurt you if you lose things you'll become stronger, so he'll take everything away from him.

-together in that body sohaku will try to be stonger, what will happen to souichirou-

nothing really new, but a damn great chapter :D
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

iijyanaika wrote:first part just nagi talking about his fighter feelings being all in his fist, and how much it must hurt getting hit by him

nothing happaned in the past panels. the first part was talking about how he was like a yanagai plant, and no matter the storm he'll stand firm.

then sohaku talks about amaterasu miko basically his disdain for her eyes. and how she's pure. then Nagi chopping off the fingers. the little panel as they're walking away is just saying basically"i've been losing more things than anyone for 2000 years"

:D
That chick looks like she has Dragon Eyes and that doesn't look like Nagi it looks like a girl version of Ichiyo, and whats with the baby and the mangey dog?
Lolipopo
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Lolipopo »

I love you Alicia !
Testament
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Testament »

Well Raw-Paradise.com released a HQ of 120 too, I think the quality of it is a bit better.

The woman looks fine, maybe naive... yes she looks even with sword innocent...something Souhaku need to stain =.= Evil!
My soul hard while firm
My mind clear and calm
My wisdom open and wide
My name reaches insignificance
Only one among us can stand under heaven
hedrocs
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by hedrocs »

Here chapter 120 with much better quality ^^

[url]
http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/read- ... 1#apicture
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Maybe we'll get to see more of Souhaku's past and his motivation behind his actions. Interesting how mama nagi's words of gathering all the power into the one body is echoed by Souhaku in this chapter. The end of that gathering has to be where they differ, but Oh! Great still hasn't elaborated on what mama nagi's plan is.
lost
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by lost »

hrrm I read another brief translation, I don't know good simplified chinese so not sure if they're accurate, some were already posted above, but I'm just adding a few interesting things I got out of it:

- Woman with "dragoneye" called amaterasu (or amaterasu hinomiko?) her mother, who is now dead, her dragon gate's power all went to Reiki.

- Susanno is also dead (despite being called the true warrior) and his power is spread to 12 families across the country

- The "dragoneye" (with a different name) leads to the entrance of Yomi (underworld) Naraku.

- Souhaku doesn't like the dragoneye lady because her eyes could see the fate of everyone, including their deaths.
She asked where souhaku is going to go now, and Souhaku replied with "no where, I'm just going to stay here and be strong and perfect like the yanagi plant and live on", while the lady told him "There's no perfectness"
Souhaku said she have been telling him the same thing over and over about how perfect things are the ones that're the most fragile and weak, while human beings who is hurt, and have lost many things are the ones that are strong and beautiful, and Souhaku thought "Does that mean losing your pair of eyes will make you even more beautiful?"

- The one chopping his fingers off was named "Snake (Nagi)"

- The panel after that: "I've lost more than everyone else for being alive for 2000 years, then why am I, why are human beings so weak and small? And why are they still so stupid?"

- Panel with Masataka, the moon, the wolf and the baby: "Why does man continues to search for something that have already been lost?" "What are they trying to grasp by reaching out?"

- Not sure if it's accurate but Souhaku told Nagi to eat him and make him his flesh and blood, and eat all gods, demons and human to make them one. (But it looks like to me Nagi is being "eaten" more...)
Last edited by lost on Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarex
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sarex »

when is the next chapter coming out?
lost
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by lost »

19th of this month I think
Dizzy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Dizzy »

Nice semi summary. Doesn't clear up anything really but some good story details. Also maybe there should be a sticky or something at the top of the page saying UJ comes out monthly on the 19th and TenTen is usually in it.
DemonNeedle
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by DemonNeedle »

Yeah, it was a nice summary. I'm kinda confused about Souhaku. So he wants Souichiro to absorb him. I thought he was just using Souichiro's body so he could possess it himself. Maybe all he really wanted was to be a part of God since his power wouldn't allow it? From the summary, it sounds likehe is jealous of white feathers since they don't possess magical powers and don't have special duties like most of the red feather families.
iidesu
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by iidesu »

Alot of times the title page picture has nothing to do with the story.