Fight 121

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Dizzy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Fight 121

Post by Dizzy »

No preview from sleepy this month? The raw is already out at the usual place though, seems like we have a whole lot of something big going on. (and still no conclusion to the Mits/Masa storyline.....dammit). That sure looks like the eight headed demon snake of lore on raw page 04 can't see all the heads but really what else could it be? Lastly....that's a very creepy baby.

I like the two page spread with the outline of Reiki dividing Nagi and Mits/Masa. I would think it's showing the oppisite sides of the true warrior spectrum maybe?
lost
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by lost »

Wow that's quick, going to take a look at it, found a preview on ultrajump's site:

and I think they get this as a bonus

Edit: and wow the story is getting.... interesting...
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

Last edited by Sleepy Weasel on Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

and the LQ is sure making it out faster and faster now too :)

almost don't even need the preview any more :/
lost
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by lost »

That sure looks like the eight headed demon snake of lore on raw page 04 can't see all the heads but really what else could it be? Lastly....that's a very creepy baby.
Yea that seems to be it. I wonder what really happened to Souichiro? Did he actually turn into that baby after absorbing too much ki.. or did he just somehow summoned it...? ... or gave birth to it?
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

given its hair, its probley him, and the eyes.
lost
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by lost »

Sleepy Weasel wrote:given its hair, its probley him, and the eyes.
=/
I hope he doesn't get his ass kicked in baby form
Testament
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Testament »

The birth of "a" true warrior? Probably the one after the scenario of Kago, but what happen to Nagi's mother? It looks like the new attachment is from a certain special ability?
My soul hard while firm
My mind clear and calm
My wisdom open and wide
My name reaches insignificance
Only one among us can stand under heaven
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

ug, I still haven't even looked at 120 yet.
Testament
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Testament »

FuguTabetai wrote:ug, I still haven't even looked at 120 yet.
wait 2 months more than you can read it in one rush, without beeing eat up from your curious what happen in the next chapter :lol:

Though I wonder when the translation is up :(
My soul hard while firm
My mind clear and calm
My wisdom open and wide
hedrocs
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by hedrocs »

wat hapend aim so confused the story didn't evolve at all :?

the chapter is just a big cliff hanger :x
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Ricco »

Testament wrote:The birth of "a" true warrior? Probably the one after the scenario of Kago, but what happen to Nagi's mother? It looks like the new attachment is from a certain special ability?
That was my first impresion, never though it might actually be a literal birth thou...

It's weird just a few chapters ago she had a hard time serving herself a glass of water with her artificial arms and now she seems capable of fighting with them.

P.S.- It seems Reiki just informed everyone of what has happened in the last few chapters. The more I think about it the less it seems like the tournament will play a big role in TenTen, I think the big battle will take place before then. Maybe the tournament will only serve to pass the torch from the Inforcement group to Jyuukenbu, or more to the point from Mits to Maya.
"Heartless angel or soulles demon NOTHING will stand in my way!"
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Testament wrote:
wait 2 months more than you can read it in one rush, without beeing eat up from your curious what happen in the next chapter :lol:

LOL you're talking to the translator :wink:
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

WTF? :shock: Holy crap Souhaku's plan worked, but what the F is that baby? And what's happening to Nagi those circles of Kanji usually only happen with Reiki, and WHTF happened to Makiko not only did she all of a sudden get Kabane's power she's ripped(look at those abs and quads) . I know I've said it a dozen times but just when I think I know what Oh Great is doing on this book he goes and does something like this.
hedrocs
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by hedrocs »

maya has woken up aldo she doesn't seem like her self .

and wat is aya and the otters going to do now that they know everything

o and the baby ( ugly as hell ) wonder what's it's powers
hedrocs
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by hedrocs »

hey ai notice something on page 6 :?

the airplane ticket and the packet bags !!!!!!!! :shock:

was bob intending to abandon everything :shock: :? :evil:

WTF :evil:
DemonNeedle
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by DemonNeedle »

I don't think Maya has woken up. She's still laying there on the couch that Bunshichi placed her on before he fought Mitsuomi. Besides, didn't they say that the only way to revive Maya was with Souhaku's power?
Wow! On page 10, near the bottom, I really thought that was Mitsuomi's face for a second before I realized it was Bob. I guess he really was going to leave them, but he might just get some spotlight in the next chapter like he does every thirty chapters or so.
That three eyed demon baby reminded me so much of something you would see in Akira. Wonder if it represents the rebirth of God/True Warrior/True Demon.
Dizzy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Dizzy »

This series has been really addicting for about two volumes now. Nice recovery from the lull that was the ancient arc (I know a good few people who could not really follow what the hell was going on through that).

I hope that the story gets advanced with some real details this chapter. Aya doesn't look to pleased with Reiki? towards the end of the chapter, everytime I see that frame I think she's about the slug her. And poor Maya, still just sitting there. Of my fav. three Masa is the only one still standing.

And still...really ugly baby.

Edit: Holy crap, HQ raws already!?
Last edited by Dizzy on Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

hedrocs wrote:hey ai notice something on page 6 :?

the airplane ticket and the packet bags !!!!!!!! :shock:

was bob intending to abandon everything :shock: :? :evil:

WTF :evil:
Saw that, was it for him, was it for Chiaki to get her out of harm's way, or maybe 2 tickets for both of them?
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

DemonNeedle wrote:I don't think Maya has woken up. She's still laying there on the couch that Bunshichi placed her on before he fought Mitsuomi. Besides, didn't they say that the only way to revive Maya was with Souhaku's power?
I think hedrocs was referring to the cell at the bottom of page 28 of the eyes, which I also thought could be maya, but I doubt so now given the how they look. look to much like dragons eyes
iijyanaika
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by iijyanaika »

is the past arc really that difficult for people to understand? i for one enjoyed it

i'm wondering who's going to intercept the baby first, or if by the time the baby hits it'll be a full grown susano. on top of the buildings is masataka and mitsuomi. so maybe we'll see susano(souichirou) killing kitsuomi, then facing off against masataka. after that we won't see them for god knows how long, and the rest of the fights will start and end.

and for our finale we'll see some of susano laying it out against whomever, then maya waking up nullifying souichirou and going toe to toe with masataka.

-edit- i miss counted
Last edited by iijyanaika on Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DemonNeedle
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by DemonNeedle »

Hmmm. At first I thought it was Makiko, but it wouldn't make sense since the person doesn't have an eyepatch over the left eye. Then again, with that type of hair, my second guess was Reiki.

Another question: Did Bob and the others just get transported to another realm or something cause the area does not look like any form of a modern city and they're all floating in midair.
iijyanaika
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by iijyanaika »

the eyes belong to Iyo, she's the one monologing
Dizzy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Dizzy »

Shouldn't there be two more chapters in this volume? There have almost always been six per and the next one would only make five. Granted all four chapters so far this volume have been 30+ pagers it doesn't seem like enough.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

It looks like the baby being born is occurring in a telepathic realm and not necessarily in the physical one. Is it really Susano? I thought that could only happen once Souichirou had all the gates; he never acquired the dragon's eye. It will be very interesting to see how Souhaku and Souichirou can be pulled apart from their merger now. I get the sad feeling that mama Nagi's going to buy the farm soon, but holy geez her chest looked like it increased two sizes this chapter.
hedrocs
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by hedrocs »

well on page 10 maya looks like she's getting up ( I M O )

and for the baby ai hold my comments i mean we don't know anything about him except his ugly as hell .

but i think he's going to be a lot like baby majin boo from DBZ ( insane power child's attitude )
lost
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by lost »

EliteF22 wrote:It looks like the baby being born is occurring in a telepathic realm and not necessarily in the physical one. Is it really Susano? I thought that could only happen once Souichirou had all the gates; he never acquired the dragon's eye. It will be very interesting to see how Souhaku and Souichirou can be pulled apart from their merger now. I get the sad feeling that mama Nagi's going to buy the farm soon, but holy geez her chest looked like it increased two sizes this chapter.
Yea I was wondering the same thing, the environment is really weird where they're standing at (there're weird rocks and such), they're kind of standing in the air, it look as if they all followed the reiki lady into the same realm (like how Aya ran after her), thats the only explanation why they'd all gathered right underneath the baby so quick, asshat and kurei is kind of upside down there too (asshat isn't even hurt anymore in there :lol: )
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

iijyanaika wrote:the eyes belong to Iyo, she's the one monologing
Ok since we don't have a translation yet I don't think most here know who Iyo is, Iyo Natsume is the naked chick with the wreath around her neck shown in the flashbacks, and I'm going to assume the personification of Reiki we've been seeing for a while now. (Right?) So am I right in assuming that she has actually been using the Dragon's eye from the past to speak to everyone in the present? Interesting, I never thought about past users of the Dragon eye speaking to people in their future, our present.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

hedrocs wrote:well on page 10 maya looks like she's getting up ( I M O )

and for the baby ai hold my comments i mean we don't know anything about him except his ugly as hell .

but i think he's going to be a lot like baby majin boo from DBZ ( insane power child's attitude )
Maya is still asleep(or dead whatever her state is), her eye are still shut and the bottom picture is only a close up of the top one not her moving.
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

kk1 wrote:
I never thought about past users of the Dragon eye speaking to people in their future, our present.

Shin talked to Aya
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Sleepy Weasel wrote:
kk1 wrote:
I never thought about past users of the Dragon eye speaking to people in their future, our present.

Shin talked to Aya

Yeeeaahhhhh? They were brother and sister that's pretty easy to do. :?
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Ahh holy crap that baby is Nagi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Testament
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Testament »

kk1 wrote:
Testament wrote:

LOL you're talking to the translator :wink:
I know that he is the translator. Simple:
1. he can read and understand most of it so he is able to read in one rush.
2. If he really do what I propose, we have to wait a much longer for a translation, so it would be a hint "don't do it!" At the same time I don't want pressure him. Maybe Fugu should work with an Editor, he translate the text, send it to someone reliable and he complete Fugu's Work. send it back to fugu for proof reading and Fugu release when ever he is in good mood.

^^
My soul hard while firm
My mind clear and calm
My wisdom open and wide
Testament
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Testament »

I don't think Bob is sneaking away, I believe that he send Chiaki away to a safe place. Knowing that the upcoming event will be devasting.

Mabye Maya is half concious, since her soul is in Reiki and the one/spirit who appeared is the former Reiki's owner, Maya might get her self back (Aya run after her maybe to ask her sis soul back?). It don't look like that the spirit will take over Maya. Actually she seem nothing more than a used vessel with an activate Amerterasu.

I like the Madoka impression in the scenes. Somewhat cute... and a comic relief, similar to the Alien shining eyes but I don't care about the alien...
The one of Aya when she pursue the spirit too, a nice draw development.

I wonder about something like a proof: There are 3 entities Amerterasu, Tsukuyomi and Susanoo but it looks like Kago only create Susanoo as the one who is the true warrior. Does that mean that is the proof that there exist more than one true warrior and Kago know that too. He once said, that Masataka might be a True Warrior so it wasn't all talk?
My soul hard while firm
My mind clear and calm
My wisdom open and wide
hedrocs
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by hedrocs »

the hole baby birth thing is taking place in nagis mind.

and the baby isnt just nagi its nagi + sohaku ( its just wrong no wonder the baby is so ugly )
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

hedrocs wrote:the hole baby birth thing is taking place in nagis mind.

and the baby isnt just nagi its nagi + sohaku ( its just wrong no wonder the baby is so ugly )
Probably but it's Nagi body look at the hair.
hedrocs
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by hedrocs »

how can that baby have his body , shor he looks like nagi but the baby is the representation of nargis and sohakus personality combined .

chip in mind that those events wer in nagis mind
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Ricco »

This is OG! we're talking about, for all we know it could be the reincarntion of the original founder/common ancestor of the feathers. The one all of the clan got their powers from...
"Heartless angel or soulles demon NOTHING will stand in my way!"
DemonNeedle
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by DemonNeedle »

Testament wrote:I don't think Bob is sneaking away, I believe that he send Chiaki away to a safe place. Knowing that the upcoming event will be devasting.

Mabye Maya is half concious, since her soul is in Reiki and the one/spirit who appeared is the former Reiki's owner, Maya might get her self back (Aya run after her maybe to ask her sis soul back?). It don't look like that the spirit will take over Maya. Actually she seem nothing more than a used vessel with an activate Amerterasu.

I like the Madoka impression in the scenes. Somewhat cute... and a comic relief, similar to the Alien shining eyes but I don't care about the alien...

I wonder about something like a proof: There are 3 entities Amerterasu, Tsukuyomi and Susanoo but it looks like Kago only create Susanoo as the one who is the true warrior. Does that mean that is the proof that there exist more than one true warrior and Kago know that too. He once said, that Masataka might be a True Warrior so it wasn't all talk?
Didn't think of that (Concerning Bob/Chiaki). When he got out of the hospital and he crossed paths with Mitsuomi, Emi, and Tagami, he looked shook up or nervous. I don't think it was for Chiaki's sake that he was nervous.

As far as Maya goes, she might be wandering around as a ghost, but as we know, ghosts don't really do anything. And she can't really do anything if she doesn't have a body.

With the three gods, wasn't there some description of the three in 120 that confirmed that they were Souichiro, Maya, and Mitsuomi? Like Tsukiyomi lead warriors to the underworld like Bunshichi said Mitsuomi was doing this entire time? Souhaku also thought that he could make a true warrior out of Tetsuhiko and before that Makiko, but both failed.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Ricco wrote:This is OG! we're talking about, for all we know it could be the reincarntion of the original founder/common ancestor of the feathers. The one all of the clan got their powers from...
It is, he recreated Susano in Nagi.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

DemonNeedle wrote:
Testament wrote:I don't think Bob is sneaking away, I believe that he send Chiaki away to a safe place. Knowing that the upcoming event will be devasting.

Didn't think of that (Concerning Bob/Chiaki). When he got out of the hospital and he crossed paths with Mitsuomi, Emi, and Tagami, he looked shook up or nervous. I don't think it was for Chiaki's sake that he was nervous.

As far as Maya goes, she might be wandering around as a ghost, but as we know, ghosts don't really do anything. And she can't really do anything if she doesn't have a body.

With the three gods, wasn't there some description of the three in 120 that confirmed that they were Souichiro, Maya, and Mitsuomi? Like Tsukiyomi lead warriors to the underworld like Bunshichi said Mitsuomi was doing this entire time? Souhaku also thought that he could make a true warrior out of Tetsuhiko and before that Makiko, but both failed.
Maya and Souichiro were confirmed but it was still undecided whether Mits or Masataka was Tsukiyomi.
hedrocs
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by hedrocs »

Fight 121 - better quality :

[url] http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/read- ... 1#apicture[/url]
Testament
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Testament »

DemonNeedle wrote:Didn't think of that (Concerning Bob/Chiaki). When he got out of the hospital and he crossed paths with Mitsuomi, Emi, and Tagami, he looked shook up or nervous. I don't think it was for Chiaki's sake that he was nervous.

Concerning Bob, when he got out of hospital and shocked,... It probably isn't for Chiaki's sake that he was nervous. Mitsuomi offered something, he declined and see them again... something like that maybe in my eyes... didn't took so much concern about it.

According to Fugu's translation in chapter 106 page 18-19 Aya believed, that Maya's ki (for me another term of specialzed spirit) was absorb by Reiki. So I don't think she wandering around as ghost. Suprisingly she really did appear during the fight of Bunshichi and Mitsuomi as a "ghost". Was it only a shadow of memory from both or the bit rest spirit connect to the body (I didn't use ki, because it was swallowed up accroding to the Granny Hotaru-San), that showed up because "it" started(?).

The aspect of Tsukuyomi leading someone to the underworld is for me kind of funny. In the Wikipedia source of Tsukuyomi, something similar is there too, with underworld in the part "yomi".
It is still unclear for me who Tsukuyomi is, or better what Tsukuyomi is.
First I believe it is the moon itself (Mitsoumi) and no matter what image a lake (Masataka) have, it is still only a lake. But one ability of the lake is to reflect everything on its surface, like reading the movements of something on it (!) or showing the trueself of the one who "look in"/"face" it.(!)
With the interpretation of Wikipedia, that Tsukuyomi means "moon" and "to read"/"to count", someone who is on earth and read the moon like a human (there was a chapter which have the same meaning pointing out to Masataka) it connects for me, that Masataka is the true Tsukuyomi in the essence.
And Mitsoumi is the necessary part of Tsukuyomi (which often be referred as the Tsukuyomi so it seems), without the image of the moon, the lake can not reflect it on its surface.
Ah there are some other interpretation of Tsukuyomi according to Wikipedia like "moon light" and "to look at". Similar game like above with lake as mirror who catch the moon light and people can either look at the lake or the moon in the sky.

And last sorry for many misspellings and grammar faults. :oops:
My soul hard while firm
My mind clear and calm
My wisdom open and wide
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I meant to work on translation this weekend but came down with a fever and ended up in the hospital. maybe sometime next week.
Sarex
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sarex »

FuguTabetai wrote:I meant to work on translation this weekend but came down with a fever and ended up in the hospital. maybe sometime next week.

I hope you get well soon! :D :D :D
Strangler
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Strangler »

FuguTabetai wrote:I meant to work on translation this weekend but came down with a fever and ended up in the hospital. maybe sometime next week.
My my :s

Sorry Fugu, take a good rest, we'll be waiting ;)
Wandering star
lost
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by lost »

Read a rough translation again in chinese, a few points (I apologize if they're not accurate =/ I don't really understand some parts so I left out the details), I can't wait to read the full translation =) and get well soon Fugu.

for the Bob scene:

- There're 2 tickets, time of departure is 7am, from Narita airport, they planned to go to Bob's (or chiaki's?) father's place.

- Bob said he can't keep up with those monsters anymore and Chiaki asked if he's ditching Souichiro, Bob replied "That guy has changed, he's not the Souichiro I've known anymore ever since he came back"

- Chiaki: "Right, is that why you didn't hop on the plane? The date on the ticket were yesterday"

- Bob: "When my V-Max (motorcycle?) was burnt, he (Nagi) told me 'We just need to beat the crap out of all the people that look suspicious, and eventually we'll be able to find the culprit.' He said something stupid like that, he really believed if he beat the stronger opponents one by one, he'll eventually run out of enemies, and by repeating that 6 billion times he'll become the strongest on earth."

Chiaki: "Thats why I like Bob, together with Bob, he just have to repeat it 3 billion times"
Bob: "That is if I could really even do anything to help"

- Everyone seems to see Iyo's ghost at the same time and freaked out, asshat mumbled out her measurements, Bob seems to saw or understand something telepathically and mumbled out "Souichiro, he...?"

- Her name is Natsume Iyo (奈津目 instead of 棗, guess it's another play on word like Nagi and "Snake""), the daughter of Amaterasu no himiko (天照ノ日巫å­￾), I guess her mom is amaterasu? Or someone with amaterasu's gate, they said her mother's dragon gate was sealed within Reiki in ch120.

Aya called Iyo the "protector" of Reiki.

- Iyo said time is running out, the "wheel" is about to close, and the final battle is about to begin

Makiko: "I've lost my gamble, and I can't just stand around anymore, I need to do something before he eats all the ki in the air. In the end, I failed as a mother and as a wife. Ever since that day, I was just a "blade" chasing after that person."

Makiko: "That person have lost more than everyone else, he lost more friends than anyone else, he's been hurt more than anyone, he's more ashamed of his own weakness more so than anyone ever did." (I don't understand the next 2 sentences after that)

- Makiko "ate" the ki thats floating around the region, so that's probably why she's using kabane's technique

- Iyo (to Aya): "It's the fight between them two, if you get too close, your ki will get torn apart, and also.... it has already..." "It has born"

Last panel with the baby "The "he" that appeared from within Souichiro, what will he bring, and what will he take away? To be continue"
Testament
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Testament »

Fugu, please take it easy and be blessed with health (I don't know the english term for somethign like that....)

Thanks for the information lost, so Bob really planned to sneak away... though he didn't do it, I wouldn't think he would do something like that in the first attempt anways... Not only ditching Nagi, but the rest as well.
My soul hard while firm
My mind clear and calm
My wisdom open and wide
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Testament wrote:Fugu, please take it easy and be blessed with health (I don't know the english term for somethign like that....)

l.
Get well Soon :wink:
Relic
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Relic »

yeah mate hope you get better