Fight 129

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

iijyanaika
Kouhai
Kouhai

Fight 129

Post by iijyanaika »

new chapter, i didn't take pics this time though. so credit goes to whoever this is

http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/download/58736
smokeesid
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by smokeesid »

Nice chapter, masataka doing some martial art stuff in the last two pages were good and we can expect something big from 130

Having a short summary over it would be great
Sarex
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sarex »

So there are two eyes?

I don't understand why did he rape her?

And it looks like we haven't seen the last of Susano?

BTW I'm glad to see that Oh!Great isn't letting down with the story.
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

Sarex wrote:So there are two eyes?

He cut her eyes out, and is very evil..

I think the better question would be "Why not?"

course, we may want to wait a tad for a translation here.
Sarex
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sarex »

Sleepy Weasel wrote:
Sarex wrote:So there are two eyes?

He cut her eyes out, and is very evil..

I think the better question would be "Why not?"

course, we may want to wait a tad for a translation here.
Maybe it was revenge (she did look down on him).

EDIT:
Is anyone interested in me redoing the last 2-3 chapters with Fugu's translations.

The translations for 126,127,128 were done from a Chinese scanalation.
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Ricco »

He tried to poke her eyes out before and got his fingers cut off in chapter 120 by Nagi.

It seems he also kept her eyes which can see a person's death and fate, the yes of the abyss, my guess is that since he has her eyes Souhaku can't be killed by Reiki alone since eyes = a person's power in TenTen.
"Heartless angel or soulles demon NOTHING will stand in my way!"
Dizzy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Dizzy »

Well that was different. I figured there was no way an author would overrule the happy power of teamwork from last chapter, I figured that maybe Souhaku was going to unleash some final trap before kicking it at best for him. It's sad because Souhaku is one of the three TenTen characters I really want to die (plus the ever standing Mitsuomi and now powerless Inue) but it's a plus since predictability is bad.

Oh well, Masataka doing something and wow he has a rubber arm at the bottom of p.29. Also, it took me a minute of looking at but I figured out that for some reason Souhaku is a whale in the ocean (p.26) and the sword through him is just a small harpoon figuratively....looks like some people need to haul him in. Now to wait until near Christmas for what's next.

As for Fugu translations it will be nice whenever they come along to see them put to page.
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

Sarex wrote: Is anyone interested in me redoing the last 2-3 chapters with Fugu's translations.

The translations for 126,127,128 were done from a Chinese scanalation.

I would be, the last ones were watermarked by the translator :/
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

what I don't get is if this happened in the past (?) why did her eyes just now start bleeding and she lost the power. Is it because Souhaku was touching Reiki?
EyesOfAsia
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by EyesOfAsia »

Sleepy Weasel wrote:what I don't get is if this happened in the past (?) why did her eyes just now start bleeding and she lost the power. Is it because Souhaku was touching Reiki?
Yes, I don't get it too. If this stuff happened in the past, so why it affected the present situation only in this chapter?
If Iyo lost her eyes in the past, then why she was so long time with the eyes non-absent?
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

OK yeah I'm confused too, if she's projecting from the past and he already did that in the past ...I am confused o_O So he's been using Iyo's eyes as his all this time...ughh Oh Great sure knows how to start stuff back up after making you think you know everything.
smokeesid
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by smokeesid »

http://forums.mangafox.com/showpost.php ... ostcount=4

Katsudon has again given us an awesome summary. All hands down for him
Sarex
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sarex »

smokeesid wrote:http://forums.mangafox.com/showpost.php ... ostcount=4

Katsudon has again given us an awesome summary. All hands down for him
Nice, thanks a bunch!

So that answers the Susano question (no Shohaku no powers).

And I wonder if Nagi will ever gain the Dragon Eye?
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

that does clear the past/present thing up nicely. makes sense now.

If Aya gets them all out, its back to square one. this has potential to go on for a loooong time yet :)

next chapter starts the new volume no? is it break month? or will we get a chapter next month.
lost
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by lost »

Oh!great sure have an interesting concept on time.

So it's really all back to square one, all of these chapters are pretty much just there for oh!great to tell the past history of Iyo, even though there're still a few questions left opened, but this chapter is probably one of the best ones.

I think next chapter in UJ will be a special side story?
Testament
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Testament »

What to say, the evil never die as long the good exist?

I am looking forward to the next chapter BUT am cautionous about a big fight.

The whole time matter about Iyo looking in the future is a bit confusing. It seems nice but left me with conflicts about story flow.
The most important point would be that the Dragon Eyes have a limit of the power. Thinking about Iyo who can control the dragon eyes to the utmost we know of, she can only see so much as to the present point but is in end unable to stop the things that are happening around her or eventually to avoid the rape and the rob of her eyes.
About the power of the dragon eyes, they themself follow the principle of continuation of time flow, even when you look in the future the speed of time is still the same. Like if you watch TV about a fight instead of doing the fight yourself.

With the new turn of events I expect one more volume :). That is what I am hoping for though I don't know how many chapter we have until now to fill a volume. :roll:
My soul hard while firm
My mind clear and calm
My wisdom open and wide
My name reaches insignificance
Only one among us can stand under heaven
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Ughh so wait present Souhaku made his past self rape Iyo and take her eyes? And so there IS no way to kill him now? Man this kinda blows...
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

kk1 wrote:Ughh so wait present Souhaku made his past self rape Iyo and take her eyes? And so there IS no way to kill him now? Man this kinda blows...
no

basically, everything you saw this chapter has already happened. Iyo was raped long before this chapter took place. When Souhaku is shouting on page 8, he is not doing anything tricky to Iyo. He is just realizing what she is doing right now. (you can see the similarities of how she is holding reiki in the past and currently in the present day, with the rope/bondage/hair)

Where she (Iyo) is "in reality" in this chapter is in the past, she was projecting herself into the future to help everyone. Page 10 - 18 can be looked at as a flash back, of what Shouhaku did back then. Shouhaku had no idea he was stopping Iyo from doing what she was doing in the future (he had no way to see it). Back in the day he just finally got feed up with everything, and decided to rape her and take her eyes out.

It was at this point (in the past) Iyo lost her power, and seeing how she was in the middle of projecting herself into the future you are just now seeing the effects of it in present day.

long story short, Shouhaku lucked out.
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Ricco »

Sleepy Weasel wrote:
kk1 wrote:Ughh so wait present Souhaku made his past self rape Iyo and take her eyes? And so there IS no way to kill him now? Man this kinda blows...
no

basically, everything you saw this chapter has already happened. Iyo was raped long before this chapter took place. When Souhaku is shouting on page 8, he is not doing anything tricky to Iyo. He is just realizing what she is doing right now. (you can see the similarities of how she is holding reiki in the past and currently in the present day, with the rope/bondage/hair)

Where she (Iyo) is "in reality" in this chapter is in the past, she was projecting herself into the future to help everyone. Page 10 - 18 can be looked at as a flash back, of what Shouhaku did back then. Shouhaku had no idea he was stopping Iyo from doing what she was doing in the future (he had no way to see it). Back in the day he just finally got feed up with everything, and decided to rape her and take her eyes out.

It was at this point (in the past) Iyo lost her power, and seeing how she was in the middle of projecting herself into the future you are just now seeing the effects of it in present day.

Makes sense, also explains the lack of reaction from her part during the rape and eye removal.
"Heartless angel or soulles demon NOTHING will stand in my way!"
Sarex
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sarex »

Ricco wrote:Makes sense, also explains the lack of reaction from her part during the rape and eye removal.
I was wandering about that.
smokeesid
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by smokeesid »

Sleepy Weasel wrote:
no

Nice analysis it surely does explain a lot of things
Sarex
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sarex »

http://mangahelpers.com/t/hayateblitz/releases/17047

So he has all the powers including the dragon eye.
smokeesid
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by smokeesid »

I hope Fugu will translate this chapter..even Hayte is terrified by the amount of metaphors in this chapter xD

On the other note I wanna know that WTH is 1000 year war?
Testament
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Testament »

hmm that might be a nice answer, what the 1000 year war might be. In the past chapter (77) it is called the 100 year war ^^. Starting from the time of Osaka Castle in 1868 to present it might not be 100 years but close too it.

On the other side Nui said in chapter 115 something about 400 years ago (and even more) that would be around 1597/98. But let point it on Osaka Castle 1868 300 years ago that would be 1568 the end of the Sengoku era. During that time an over 100 year civil war, was put to an end by 3 entities. One of those 3 was known as "Demon King" or "Japan Tornado", another one early childhood name was something like "Bounty of the Sun" and the last... well... nothing I guess :lol: except Tokugawa sounds similar to Takyanagi? No? Then not >.<

(Well the infos might be a bit off, but might as good as fit in)
My soul hard while firm
My mind clear and calm
My wisdom open and wide
My name reaches insignificance
Only one among us can stand under heaven
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I've translated up to 126 but haven't gotten them up on the site yet. I think the irc channel might have up to 125 or something. If people are curious how my stuff compares to whatever is out there (not really sure, I haven't checked.)
Zen
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Zen »

FuguTabetai wrote:I've translated up to 126
Oh! Great! (lol)

Happy to see you back at translation!
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

In the next day or two I will update my text translations here. I'm done with 127, and I've got 128 scanned, and 129 lined up to scan at some point. And a whole bunch of Dogs to work on too.
smokeesid
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by smokeesid »

Thnks a lot Fugu and its great to see you translating it again

Could you post your trans in your website or any other one so that those people who don't use Irc will get it?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

My translation is up at the usual place:
http://tjtg.mangatranslation.com/TJTG_20_Trans.html

Huh, I need to add links for volumes 18, 19, and 20. Later tonight I will break out the chapters from 20 that will end up in volume 21 - I just bought volume 20 for fun, and will scan some of the color images from that as well I suppose.

I only provide text translations though. You might be able to find scanlations too, but I don't distribute those, I just do the actual translation.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Scanned chapter 129. I'll try to get started on 128 slowly over this week.
Also, scanned some goodies from TJTG 20. Anyone interested in putting together some nice wallpapers or something?

edit: the second Aya scan wasn't showing up so I re-added that.

Last edited by FuguTabetai on Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pintudao
Tamashii
Tamashii

Thanks!

Post by pintudao »

Thanks for the scans, Fugu! That one with Aya looks amazing!
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

re-added the second Aya scan which had disappeared for some reason.
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

tenten is listed as " 天上天下[番外編] " on UJs site this month... no chapter? :/
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Sleepy Weasel wrote:tenten is listed as " 天上天下[番外編] " on UJs site this month... no chapter? :/
Sounds like it might be a side story, such as the Dougen and Kurei one.
mili
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by mili »

It'a a special , only 8 pages and some stuff about ekhm erotic-cosplay dreams O_o
(you can download it at RP site, and i think that we don't have the normal chapter this month :/ or it's just some kind of bonus )
pintudao
Tamashii
Tamashii

Next Chapter

Post by pintudao »

I think it was mentioned on another board that we will not have a new chapter next month and that "Fight 130" would only be released on 2010. Can anyone confirm this?
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Re: Next Chapter

Post by Hollowshingami »

pintudao wrote:I think it was mentioned on another board that we will not have a new chapter next month and that "Fight 130" would only be released on 2010. Can anyone confirm this?
Looks that way according to the blurb at the end of this side story.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

mili wrote:It'a a special , only 8 pages and some stuff about ekhm erotic-cosplay dreams O_o
(you can download it at RP site, and i think that we don't have the normal chapter this month :/ or it's just some kind of bonus )
Well that was weird :shock:
Sarex
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sarex »

Was that arrow really necessary? :shock:
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

Sarex wrote:Was that arrow really necessary? :shock:

we got dicked out of a chapter :/

..what, someone had to say it.
Hadora
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Hadora »

kk1 wrote:
mili wrote:It'a a special , only 8 pages and some stuff about ekhm erotic-cosplay dreams O_o
Well that was weird :shock:
No normal chapter, just a special chapter.
And next month no chapter.

Maybe preparing the end. (and focusing on AirGear, which is an awesome decision)
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

My translation is up at http://tjtg.mangatranslation.com/TJTG_21_Trans.html

I don't know if that is less confusing for anyone, but an interesting chapter.

I also have this month's issue, and I guess I should look at scanning in the side-story at some point.

Wow, it has been at least over a year since I have been "caught up" on the Ultra Jump chapters.
Dizzy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Dizzy »

I've been busy and haven't checked here in about a month and find out that what I was looking forward to in just over a week isn't happening. That sucks...what was the reason the note gives? Prepping for the finale would be nice.
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

no 130 this month either looks like :/

is there any inserts or anything for tenten in this months UJ?
iijyanaika
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by iijyanaika »

nothing in this months UJ. just the last chapter mentioning tjtg v21 will be out next month, and the new chapter
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

yeah, I've still got to get around to scanning last month's stuff and this month's stuff. There is at least a Dogs chapter.