Fight 132

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Dizzy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Fight 132

Post by Dizzy »

It's not out yet anywhere I can see so I grabbed this from the UJ website. I don't even know who this character is! (kind of reminds me of Mawari with the hair though)

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5726/tt132.jpg
Last edited by Dizzy on Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

I don't think there is a chapter this month.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

that reminds me, I need to order the new Ultra Jump.

done! Thanks Amazon.co.jp!
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

kk1 wrote:I don't think there is a chapter this month.
well the pic does say fight 132, 29 pages
Zen
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Zen »

There is, 29 pages, it's been released yesterday.
chucho
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by chucho »

where can i download the raw?
Zen
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Zen »

chucho wrote:where can i download the raw?
Don't know, and I'm not sure that RP will release good raw since there are some problems with their released (huge uncleaning watermark, etc).

Fugu are you going to scanlate your TenTen if RP did not?
chucho
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by chucho »

Zen wrote:Don't know, and I'm not sure that RP will release good raw since there are some problems with their released (huge uncleaning watermark, etc).

Fugu are you going to scanlate your TenTen if RP did not?
well, i always download the raw from raw paradise, but the watermarks ruins everything and fugu always do their own scans so theres nothing to worry about
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I'll get around to it eventually. But if you want things done fast, you're in the wrong place. ;-) Like I said, I had even forgotten to order the new ultra jump until this thread popped up. Hopefully that shows up today or tomorrow.
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

its a shame the redid smanga, cant get preview pics anyone :/
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Zen wrote:
There is, 29 pages, it's been released yesterday.
Sorry my mistake, went to the Ultra Jump site and didn't see TenTen listed for this month hmmm
Zen
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Zen »

FuguTabetai wrote:I'll get around to it eventually. But if you want things done fast, you're in the wrong place. ;-)
I wait your translation for my italian version, there's no time problem. ^^
pintudao
Tamashii
Tamashii

New Link

Post by pintudao »

Guys, there's a link for Fight:132 on MH! I haven't dl it yet, but thanks to whoever did it!
Lolipopo
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Lolipopo »

http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/download/77225

Hop, i love you haha..
And this chapter is just.. magic..
I love you Alicia !
Testament
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Testament »

Time jump of 5 or 8 years?

Ah O-Mawari-chan you look so cute like always, and the long hair style suit you like the rest of the cast. Did you reach your goal and Mr. Moon recognize your feelings? Maybe even got with him together?
You develop into a fine babe, though your b*** size are no match to your senpai's

Is that Bob and Chiaki's child or the child of an "acquaintance"?
The outcome of his fight at the end of the chapter got his unique style matching to his character.

But what about the "hazy moon"?
The path is unclear to the "watcher" to the moon?
Masataka might not be the moon, but maybe Bob?
^^
My soul hard while firm
My mind clear and calm
My wisdom open and wide
My name reaches insignificance
Only one among us can stand under heaven
DemonNeedle
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by DemonNeedle »

I'm pretty sure that's Bob and Chiaki's child.
And Tsukiyomi does mean 'Moon Reader', which I always thought meant someone who could read everything below the moon. Given Bob's rhythm/prescience, it might be possible that he's the moon. Then again, Souichiro seems dead set on Masataka being the one to 'save' him.
Dizzy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Dizzy »

It will be interesting to see where this 5 year time jump has taken everybody but dammit finish the friggin election tournament!! It was built up to be the payoff of the whole series for pretty much the past decade and now it's just an afterthought almost.

It actually makes me believe the Nagi from Fight 131 that had absorbed 622 powers was part of this future timeline since it does seem pretty impressive to have absorbed over 500 more demons since the conversation between Nagi and Masataka in Fight 130.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

amazon delivered my April Ultra Jump today. So, do I scan it tonight while the wife is out drinking with her work friends? go out drinking myself? Play some more Fallout 3? Beat down on the other Tokyo locals on PS3 Street Fighter IV? Continue trying to get xrandr working on my OLPC under Teapot's Ubuntu 8.10, or move to the DebXO distribution?

decisions decisions... (Sadly for you guys, since I just scanned all of Vulgar Ghost Daydream volume 10 two days ago, I'm leaning towards one of the non-scanning options.)
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Ehh I can wait go have fun Fugu, this book almost seems directionless now oh well another time leap will make it interesting I guess.
smokeesid
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by smokeesid »

If Bob turns out to be Tsukyomi NOW then I will be dejected as hell and drop the manga right away
Dizzy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Dizzy »

Bob being Tsukuyomi would basically render what was established over the past year and a half as being total garbage. It was said the fight over Tsukuyomi was predistined over Takayanagi blood (115), Dougen has a revelation in 128 regarding what Tsukuyomi is after Masataka states he will fight Nagi, and Nagi himself seems pretty set over it.

Bob is just trying to get stronger to support this fight that is coming still....one day....eventually. (Before we all die of old age)
Zen
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Zen »

FuguTabetai wrote:Play some more Fallout 3? Beat down on the other Tokyo locals on PS3 Street Fighter IV?
Or play Heavy Rain, one of the best videogames of this year? xD [OT end]

I'm quite surprised to see that there isn't a watermark on the raw. Fine, maybe RP changed idea or... I don't know, anyway, thank god.
Testament
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Testament »

Dizzy wrote:Bob being Tsukuyomi would basically render what was established over the past year and a half as being total garbage.
Isn't it the same with Bob and Souichiro being the protagonists of TT?^^

Like I once wrote, you should end what you begin with, so I am sure Fugu continue the work on his OLPC. :wink:
My soul hard while firm
My mind clear and calm
My wisdom open and wide
Strangler
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Strangler »

since there are some problems with their released
They are worried with Japanese editions, so they added some a banner, scanned differently in order to unplease Japanese readers.
There had been a topic in the forum about that, in french of course.
Wandering star
IAS
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by IAS »

and OG keeps building the climax.... at least bob's older desing was very cool.

Anyway someone who can tell what was the conversation about between bob and mawari?
smokeesid
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by smokeesid »

Something which i couldn't understand in 131 is the "demons". Soichorou absorbing demons means that all the red feathers have certain demon inside them that are the main source of their power or in other words, those demons are formed as a constituent of the residing power or something

It would be great of someone could explain it to me
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

smokeesid wrote:Something which i couldn't understand in 131 is the "demons". Soichorou absorbing demons means that all the red feathers have certain demon inside them that are the main source of their power or in other words, those demons are formed as a constituent of the residing power or something

It would be great of someone could explain it to me
The nickname for Nagi's family is the demon exorcist, so when he eats a dragon and steals a power, he's exorcising a "demon" (red feather power). Thay're all just metaphor's for ki and chakra gates.
Dizzy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Dizzy »

Ugh, it seems like Raw-Paradise has been taken out. You can read about it here:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... zed-copies

The days of semi speedy raws may be on hold...until someone else steps up. Waiting longer for TenTen, something I'm used to but not something I like or welcome more of.
Zen
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Zen »

RP closed on 16th april.

A few hours after, their links had an ironic redirect:

try http://kidoailakutrad.free.fr/
Testament
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Testament »

A little bit off topic:

Something like this was to be expected. But in my opinion it is a double edged sword... of course it is against the idea of the creator, but because of those fan publications the manga got known beyond the regular area of release.

Of course I do like high quality scanlations but I would be happy as well with low quality, after all I am suppose to buy the volume after they release in my comic shop. And the lately actions of RP were kinda off the mark by putting watermarks on those raws...

Back to topic:
Well we are somewhat trained to wait for TT ^^, and even if for example I order a copy, it would take at least 1 week the fastest to get it deliver... and I have to pay about twice the issue price...
My soul hard while firm
My mind clear and calm
My wisdom open and wide
Strangler
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Strangler »

They willingly closed it in order to prevent anything bad.
See what's going on with Manga helpers too.

The thing is that competition has been so tight between scanlation teams (particulary US ones) than people were starting to propose money for the exclusivity of the raws.
Yes yes, you can see on some topics (in french again) than some big US scan teams proposed to pay RSF/RP.

Along that, raws were available before the official release of the magazines, that was not normal and RSF/RP reckons it. Hence why Heiji-Sama stopped to scan (IMHO), the new raw providers added a banner in order to annoy japanese readers.

The main issue is that people who read raws are mostly japaneses and not european people. The fact those raws are up too early (think that sometimes, a raw is up the thursday whereas the release is the next monday !) fucked up the process.

I'm not sure RP is truly dead though.
The storm has just to happen first.
Wandering star
Testament
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Testament »

commercial effect huh? I am aware that japanese would take the online version as well, but to that degree? Although it doesn't change my opinion about the watermark of RP, it almost looks like a claimation of the raws :roll:

Yes it was sometimes strange that the manga got online earlier than I expected it, though I don't know the exactly release time of the issue.

Anyways let see what will happen to it.
My soul hard while firm
My mind clear and calm
My wisdom open and wide
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I've probably received more email from Japanese people who want to read the manga I've scanned in Japanese than non-Japanese people interested in learning Japanese. That is one of the primary reasons that I have versions of my translations available as raw with pop-up English translations (not that anybody really cares, but still.)
Testament
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Testament »

I never expected such a development. I am living in the understanding, that you can buy the magazine. Yet I am unaware of the economic situations in Japan, but am aware that there exist a lot of series in different magazines, that one might follow.
But it is kind of unfair if the international don't buy the magazines, but the national have to. It is complicated huh? :? :cry:
My soul hard while firm
My mind clear and calm
My wisdom open and wide
smokeesid
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by smokeesid »

The biggest problem associated with the manga is their circulation in other countries and unavailablity in affordable price
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

if you live in Japan, there is no reason not to buy manga if you like it. The monthlies are like, 600 yen. I spend more than that on lunch each day.
Strangler
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Strangler »

it almost looks like a claimation of the raws
There has been a debate about this. That was not what they wanted. But they fucked it up anyway.

This said, look at Bleach, Fairy tail and co', no raws on the net (but on IRC) and still scanlations.
Wandering star
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

well, I've never depended on anyone other than myself, so it isn't going to impact me.

And in other news, I've finally started translating chapter 132. 133 is lined up to go too. yay.
Strangler
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Strangler »

Thanks mate :)
Wandering star
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

er, for those following along at home you can see the vol 22 text translation link below.
Last edited by FuguTabetai on Sun May 02, 2010 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

So has any other translation of this come out? I've been doing a little bit of translation, but since I picked up Super Street Fighter IV the other day, uh... Not so much.

Still, really cool chapter. It has got me curious enough to not play SSFIV this morning anyway.

I'll try to keep my translation updated page-by-page as I go, but don't expect too much.

http://tjtg.mangatranslation.com/TJTG_22_Trans.html
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

huh, I was able to finish that today. Enjoy!

I'll start in on 133 tomorrow I guess.
Zen
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Zen »

Thanks a million Fugu!
smokeesid
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by smokeesid »

Woha! you host Tenjou tenge for online reading too awesome and nice way to add your translation ^_^
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

smokeesid wrote:Woha! you host Tenjou tenge for online reading too awesome and nice way to add your translation ^_^
actually, no I do not. That's just a link to my home server. If it starts to see usage, it will go away.

I really like the idea of making versions of my translations available that are useful for people interested in learning Japanese, but I don't want to provide tenjo tenge raws because of the bandwidth all the fanbois would demand.
Testament
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Testament »

Wasn't that a reason why you actually had to stop it officially at your main page back in the past? I can faintly remember something similar to this...

If I lived in japan I would buy it normally, but it seems the system in japan is rather harsh... to students and their people... sleeping at the office, not going home, small appartment rooms, the hiarchic structures... I worked with someone who have work-base-connection with a japanese automobile manager who at the same time is a local celebrity as soccer-commentator. So we talked about japanese customs a bit. It doesn't seem just out of my imagination all in all and it isn't pure stereotypically. :roll:
My soul hard while firm
My mind clear and calm
My wisdom open and wide
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

the work life balance here depends a lot on the company. My general impression though is that hours are longer than in the US, and houses are definitely smaller.