CMX Shuts Down

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

heru
Yuurei
Yuurei

CMX Shuts Down

Post by heru »

CMX appears to be closing down:-

http://www.comicsbeat.com/2010/05/18/cmx-shuts-down/

Whilst they say… “we have decided that CMX will cease publishing new titles as of July 1, 2010. â€￾ they then go on to make exceptions for their bestseller Megatokyo, which will continue to be printed under DC comics, but don't mention any other titles being ported over... I don’t know if this is the end for the official English release of Tenjho Tenge...?

(Also hi btw, I’ve been lurking here for a while but it’s about time I registered and came out of the woodwork to express great thanks to Fugu for providing the translations I've been reading <3 )
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

good, hopefully someone else will pick it up who will not butcher it.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

was CMX that bad? I thought they did a better job after getting lambasted when the first few volumes came out. I've only read the Japanese versions though, so I don't really know.
Dembol
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Dembol »

Sleepy Weasel wrote:good, hopefully someone else will pick it up who will not butcher it.
From volume 9 they increased the Rating and released it uncensored.

It kinda sucks they folded since they were supposed to release "51 ways to save her" by Usumaru Furuya this autumn.
heru
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by heru »

I certainly thought the later ones were much better than the first few they brought out, they got steadily better IMO as they went on - speaking for the visual edits anyway, I'm not too clued up on how accurate the text is as they loosened up the censorship belt.

I have vol 19 on order which is released June 15th, at the moment I'm not sure if it's going to be released or not.

Can't help but wonder if the censorship mistakes they originally made with TenTen caused them to collapse. The sales of one title would not have saved the company, however the mistakes of one title, especially so on and in a direct contradiction with their '100% manga' company slogan, may have rocked confidence in them so much that people avoided other titles.? Meh, all speculation!
Testament
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Testament »

Can you really blame the company for censoring and rating, they are bounded by the country regulations and the own company image.
Principally I don't think that other publisher around the world will cease to release TT. But I fear they will publish something about the following.

The following sentences will leave a bad after taste for me:
As long as "they" don't blame the group scanlations out "there" for a partly responsibilty of a company "downfall", since "they" are right. It will just keep throw a bad spot light to "there" (are like them).
Everything is about positive and negative effects....
My soul hard while firm
My mind clear and calm
My wisdom open and wide
My name reaches insignificance
Only one among us can stand under heaven
thedigitalsin
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by thedigitalsin »

Dembol wrote:
Sleepy Weasel wrote:good, hopefully someone else will pick it up who will not butcher it.
From volume 9 they increased the Rating and released it uncensored.
Not true. The title was still edited even after changing the rating to Mature, but the editing was more lax than it was those first few volumes.