Fight 136 !

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

kk1 wrote:Well Fugu as someoen who has been coming here for most of your run(wow almost 6 years time sure flies) I would personally like to thank you for sticking with this book through thick and thin and staying to the end, and however you feel about your translations I have always been grateful for them. Also as someone who tried to learn Japanese himself this book would have been more than enough to make me give up a long time ago, glad you're more persistent :wink:
aw, shucks. Thanks!
kk1 wrote: And on to the final translation (darn just realized the raw was missing a page 64?) Testament I don't think Souhaku was the "original" Susanoo (not sure how you got that) he just called himself that because he had all the powers.
I don't where the raws came from, but my source (well, my copy of Ultra Jump) had all the pages.

btw, I agree here. I don't think Souhaku was the original Susanoo, just that he finally got all the powers, and was declaring himself the True Warrior (and originally Susanoo was the FIRST True Warrior.) I probably should have added a note, but really that is just my interpretation. I could be wrong.
kk1 wrote: Well Masataka giving Nagi ki with his punch makes the fight more sense now, and I know she had to but it still blows Maya had to die. A few things I don't get are if Maya's power was being amplified to negate Nagi's power while Masataka fought him how did Aya use her dragon's eye?
Got me. There was something strange there with Maya and Aya hanging out in spirit form. Maybe Maya has some control of what she neutralizes?
kk1 wrote: And if Ichiyo knew how to do this all those years ago why didn't he do it himself?
Things fell apart too fast, and not the right set of people and powers around to do it.
kk1 wrote: And who were those 2 freshman at the end? The "yo yo" ones.
Man they just showed up for the first time in that chapter. Looks like people that were new students and idolized Bob & Nagi. They spoke a bit cool and unusual so I tried to mirror that in English. Just bit characters showing how Bob and Nagi had gained respect in school what with us jumping a few years in the future I guess?
kk1 wrote: The ending might not have been the greatest but it sure was a fun ride, I'd also like to thank everyone here. Getting to discuss and argue with you guys all these years sure made reading this book a lot more fun :D
Strangler
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Strangler »

Kago, Iyo, the first nagi are all relatives if I remember well.
Is Susanoo their father ?
Wandering star
Testament
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Testament »

kk1 wrote:Testament I don't think Souhaku was the "original" Susanoo (not sure how you got that) he just called himself that because he had all the powers.
Yeah thinking about it again, you are probably right. The man declares himself as king after obtain the crown.

And still there are a lot of questions... hope there will be more pages in the volume.

Here are some that pop in my head, maybe someone know the answer ^^
  • - We can assume that Kabane and Shojo survived... but what happen to both of them? Their role was supposed to stop Susanoo but they failed.... but after which plan they followed?
    - We see that Bunshichi is alive, but it looks like he is still in his school uniform? So he didn't graduate again?
    - Kurei and Sugano were both Seniors what happen to them, as well with Tagami, Kaguraza, Sagara and if forgot someone...?
    - The fight between Bob and Mawari was somewhat pointless..., did Mawari got together with Masataka? Though Mawari call Masataka, Masa-kun
    - Was there some deeper meaning in the reason for Aya choosing Nagi because he is Nagi Souchirou and Masataka being "Takayanagi" Masataka?
    - The connection of Takayanagi family in the past arcs are never revealed? We only know that they are a family of heroes of the past..., but yet never appeared
    -The secret technique of Takayanagi Kashinkou appear to be kind of lame? Or it is just another term for "Iron Needle"
    -It sure must be a feast for the teacher (I forgot the name the one who is bald, muscular and like girls of the type of Mawari, Shitaka?) to see Mawari in another school uniform, that we didn't see anything of him (not really a question)
    -Emi didn't appear to be together with Mitsoumi?
    -With the death of "True Warrior" are the "White" Feathers neutralized?
I think there are much more... but to think about it, is somewhat pointless... if I won't get a pleasant question... thinking about it is just a pain and phantasy of me >_>
My soul hard while firm
My mind clear and calm
My wisdom open and wide
My name reaches insignificance
Only one among us can stand under heaven
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Testament wrote:
  • -The secret technique of Takayanagi Kashinkou appear to be kind of lame? Or it is just another term for "Iron Needle"
It was a kind of reverse striking technique. I just got lazy translating. It was a secret version of that though.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Testament wrote:
kk1 wrote:Testament I don't think Souhaku was the "original" Susanoo (not sure how you got that) he just called himself that because he had all the powers.
Yeah thinking about it again, you are probably right. The man declares himself as king after obtain the crown.

And still there are a lot of questions... hope there will be more pages in the volume.

Here are some that pop in my head, maybe someone know the answer ^^
We can assume that Kabane and Shojo survived... but what happen to both of them? Their role was supposed to stop Susanoo but they failed.... but after which plan they followed?
Was Kabane lying to Aya? He seemed to later reveal he was around only to help Nagi absorb ki, and bring about his transformation.
Testament wrote: - We see that Bunshichi is alive, but it looks like he is still in his school uniform? So he didn't graduate again?
Hmm didn't notcie that, probably haha
Testament wrote:
-Emi didn't appear to be together with Mitsoumi?

I doubt Mits does fat chicks :wink:
Testament wrote:
-With the death of "True Warrior" are the "White" Feathers neutralized?
Well since all the red faethers are gone (or are they?) they're the only ones left so how would the be neutralized?

And that leads me to my question do any red fethers still have their power? I know Nagi absorbed all that ki with the machine Souhaku built from red feathers but Aya still could use her power so does she still have the dragon's eye? Or did Maya neutralize "all" red feathers and not just the ones Nagi absorbed, which btw makes me wonder how come Nagi never did or try to absorb the Dragon eye? As seen in the one flashback he tried to "feed" it to Nagi's mom or didn't it really matter "which" powers he absorbed just that he absorbed "enough" of them to have enough ki? Oh well I guess Oh! Great is just going to leave us hanging with a lot of this stuff, though I really hope he does an interview to explain some of this stuff.
Strangler
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Strangler »

The "power" remains in the blood/genes. So I guess it's not over. Nagi absorbs the power of the person, but I'm not sure he prevents him/her to give birth to someone with power.
If so, it'd have been very easy to destroy all the Red feathers.

About Kabane, Shojo and Kabane's sister, I don't think they are still alive.
I hope, though, Ishyumi and the girl to appear in the special chapter. They deserve a mention.

I'm a bit upset Ishyumi disappeared, he was a very cool character.
Wandering star
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Strangler wrote:The "power" remains in the blood/genes. So I guess it's not over. Nagi absorbs the power of the person, but I'm not sure he prevents him/her to give birth to someone with power.
If so, it'd have been very easy to destroy all the Red feathers.

About Kabane, Shojo and Kabane's sister, I don't think they are still alive.
Why not? They said they were.
Testament
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Testament »

kk1 wrote:
I doubt Mits does fat chicks :wink:
I agree but he could live with a lie, shouldn't be much of burden for him. Besides the feelings and character are what matters :lol:

About White and Red Feathers I mixed the colour, so White should be Red, meaning the cease of existence of supernatural power.

Although by now I think they still exist...

About Kabane and his imouto and Shojo: It was according to the translation briefly mentioned that everyone who was in the hospital survived. That explain my assumption that the supernatural power still exist. The Dragon Palm had to heal them, most of the part to the point, that even if the power of Kago be neutralize and the dead become dead again, survive. I think I describe it a bit complicated...
Something like a bridge getting destroyed, with the power of Kago to resume the function of the bridge with an invisible path. With the power of the dragon palm to build up the bridge and replacing the invisible power with the real thing.
Otherwise the guys at that hospital are great even without the Dragon Palm...
My soul hard while firm
My mind clear and calm
My wisdom open and wide
My name reaches insignificance
Only one among us can stand under heaven
Strangler
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Strangler »

I understood the contrary : ie that when Kago dies, people who their life were extended thanks to him would die too.

I even think -but i'm not sure- that Soichiro told it to Masataka. like "are you ready to kill me despite you know it may kill them ?"

But I might be wrong...
Wandering star
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Looking back at something remember when Mits "killed" Souhaku? And then punched Nagi so he was paralyzed, at the time I didn't realize it but did he do that on purpose so Souhaku could be transferred into Nagi? I know at the time it was weird because it seemed like he teamed up with Maya to "save" Nagi but now rereading it he seems to have been still working with him got tired of how long it was taking (punching whatshername in the face earlier that day) and just went there to "speed things up". If so he's an even bigger dick since doing that got Maya "killed". I'm rreally going to have to go back and reread this whole story one day.