Fugu

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Strangler
Kouhai
Kouhai

Fugu

Post by Strangler »

Well, you might dislike it, but you deserve it...

Been 4 years I'm on the forum, and much more as a lurker. You were the only one to provide us a great translation. Yeah, you were busy. But you still gave us a wonderful present by spending some freetime for us.

Ten² is one of my favorite manga and you are certainely a part of the equation.

So, as we say in this part of the world :
Merci beaucoup, sincèrement,

Flavien.
Wandering star
fero
Yuurei
Yuurei

Fugu!

Post by fero »

Thanks for giving us your "consistently crappy, slow, and unreliable translations" for all these years. At least they were consistent! but yes, sometimes slow.. =P but no one can ever blame you. TJTG was probably the most difficult of all manga to translate, but you somehow managed to do it for 10 years by yourself, and for a relative small group of us that actually reads it.. I'm extremely grateful you did cause i finally get some closure.

If there were a lifetime achievement award in the scanlation community, you'd win it.. now... if only Naruto and Bleach would end. (Onepiece can go till the end of time!)

Thank you so much!
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

hey thanks for the nice words. I was pretty surprised that

1. TJTG has gone for ten years (more actually, probably 12?)
2. I actually translated it

I am curious if other fan translation groups have been around as long. I haven't really been keeping up with the community at all, but there should be a few other gray beards around.

Now I have to try to finish the last volume of Vulgar Ghost Daydream (although I hear there is a new spin-off of that too.)
Strangler
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Strangler »

I honestly don't know.

I don't think so because people investissement rarely reach 4-5 years. We always get bored, we let down... Finish studies, get family...

Should be a thing to investigate...
Wandering star
Zen
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Zen »

As I said the past month, here our thanks for your hard work, Fugu:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ALJTFLT0

This page is in our TT136 release of today. Again, thank you so much Fugu! ^^
riotstyle
Yuurei
Yuurei

Thanks for your Hard Work

Post by riotstyle »

yeah, I pretty much created an account just to say this.

Thanks for all your hard work Fugu in translating TT. I've been following this manga since the beginning, taking long breaks between, but I've never forgotten this manga because of the art (I enjoy O!G's style).

12 Years... that's a long time.

Anyways, I hope you don't stop translating other mangaka's works!

Peace and Cheers.
Gen2K
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Gen2K »

I too created an account just to show my thanks for the hard work fugu did on this series over the years. I'm been a lurker this whole time, never had any complaints with the release speed really since you always seem to come through with it and I love the way you put notes at the bottom of each page explaining all the weird analogies and terms Oh! Great threw in this series.

Even though I had some issues with the way the series ended, I'm just glad to have some closure on it. It seems the series ran out of steam mid-way. I can't believe it's been this many years though!
iidesu
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by iidesu »

Thanks for all your hard work