Question about Maya

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

ActionJackson83
Yuurei
Yuurei

Question about Maya

Post by ActionJackson83 »

Why does she keep turning back into a little girl? I don't believe that was ever explained.
GreatTeacherStone
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by GreatTeacherStone »

at some point, aya says that she stays in kid form to control her immense power
blackkenshi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by blackkenshi »

don't you mean save her energy
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I don't think they ever explained why - and I think she just likes it.

fugu
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Post by burrowowl »

Well, early on her small form is an exuse for her skirt to be too short and her boobs to stick out...

Anything for fanservice, after all!

I suppose it was also handy during her showdown with Isuzu, and it illustrates that she has a tremendous amount of self-control.
standa-man
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by standa-man »

Anything for an excuse to reread parts of the manga

We've got the aforementioned explanation from Aya in v2ch8 pg.55.

As for an explanation of how... I don't think that's ever really clear. It's probably something like how Isuzu can go from obese to skinny.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Ooooohhh....

I sense another past arc in the making.

We still don't know what happened to all the other Jyuukenbu members, and why Masataka was the only one who stayed with her...

Agent Wax
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

standa-man wrote:Anything for an excuse to reread parts of the manga

We've got the aforementioned explanation from Aya in v2ch8 pg.55.

As for an explanation of how... I don't think that's ever really clear. It's probably something like how Isuzu can go from obese to skinny.
Hm, yes, looking back Aya does say explicitly that she stays that way to prevent herself from using too much power. But really, I think it's just because Oh Great! thinks it is more cute.

By the way, what do people think of the page numbers at the bottom of the images?
Tru2DaGame
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Tru2DaGame »

The page numbers on the botoom are hella tiight
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Tru2DaGame wrote:The page numbers on the botoom are hella tiight
heh, well, there is a bit of self-promotion down there too, and I have the date formatted funny, but... I just figured there is a good chance that these thigns will get spread around all over the place, and keeping the page number / date / original web site down there would help clear up confusion. And I don't think they interfere much, because that stuff is automatically added to the bottom of the image, it doesn't cover anything up (in case anyone was wondering.)

fugu
The_Shape
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by The_Shape »

FuguTabetai wrote:But really, I think it's just because Oh Great! thinks it is more cute.
Considering that Great's hentai manga Silky Whip (the Peter Pan story - i think it was published in Engine Room in Japan), which was published before Tenjho Tenge, has a blonde woman that turns into a little girl...

I think "cute" is not the exact world about how Great feels about it...
blackkenshi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by blackkenshi »

FuguTabetai wrote: heh, well, there is a bit of self-promotion down there too, and I have the date formatted funny, but... I just figured there is a good chance that these thigns will get spread around all over the place, and keeping the page number / date / original web site down there would help clear up confusion. And I don't think they interfere much, because that stuff is automatically added to the bottom of the image, it doesn't cover anything up (in case anyone was wondering.)

fugu
Yeah thats definitely a good idea. You would'nt want others to take credit for your translations. Yeah I know you're just doing this as a hobby but people need to give credit where credit is due
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Isuzu »

In the German translation, they say she does it to save energy because a childish body doesn't consume as much 'ki' as her more adult form does - and I can follow that, just imagine having boobs like her to carry around ;)
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

hm, that's odd. She does talk about it a little bit, but certainly she never said that she does it to conserve ki. I would guess that it takes some ki to keep up the appearance, similar to how Isuzu keeps in her slimmed-down form...
natsume
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by natsume »

what is the name of the technique maya use to become a kid
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

natsume wrote:what is the name of the technique maya use to become a kid
Check the character list on the website. It has all sorts of information about stuff like that.
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Ricco »

My guess is since she doesn't want to go crazy with power like a certain brother of hers, she changed her form to keep her power in check at all times.
"Heartless angel or soulles demon NOTHING will stand in my way!"
Vampire Advent
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Vampire Advent »

Ricco wrote:My guess is since she doesn't want to go crazy with power like a certain brother of hers, she changed her form to keep her power in check at all times.
No that isn't true that form is to conserve ki her ki isn't limitless you know. Only aya would the problem of going nuts since she has the same power as shin the dragons eye.
Halon
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Halon »

maya turn into a little kid so she doesnt waste any unused ki and also it makes others underestimate her like Nagi did in the beginning.