Great's Himiko-den Artbook

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

The_Shape
Kouhai
Kouhai

Great's Himiko-den Artbook

Post by The_Shape »

Got the Himiko-den artbook today (took a while because i told them to hold the items until everythiung was in-stock).

I liked it a lot. What i liked the most (strange as it may sound) was the fact some of Great's illustrations were done on cel. As you know, cel coloring is completelly different from the way Great colors his manga stuff, so it felt very new and fresh. I actually think it's more fitting to his clean art style (but i'm just a fan - what do i know).

The book is mostly character illustrations and a dozen or so full page illustrations too. There are interviews too, but i can't read japanese...

Any news on the rumoured new Great artbook?
standa-man
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by standa-man »

Is there a rumored topic for this rumored new artbook? I think a Tenjo Tenge art book would be sweet.
Honeyman
Yuurei
Yuurei
Location: Leeds, England (right now, studying in Kyoto, Japan)

Post by Honeyman »

Is this readily available in Japanese shops as I`m studying in Kyoto right now and after recently acquiring the volumes of Tenjo Tenge I like Oh Great!`s work and want to experience more.

P.S. Is it all hentai or a nice mixture? (don`t mind a little bit of hentai but an entire book makes me want to spend my money elsewhere.)

Cheers :D !
If you see a foreigner on the streets in Kyoto in late July, asking for 50¥ coins so he can play in the arcades, that`ll be me (and a bowl of chashumen please!)
standa-man
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by standa-man »

I don't know anything about the availability in Japan, but I do know that Himiko-Den is not a hentai manga. It's just a normal manga that does have bits of nudity, generally non-sexual I think, here and there.