chap 52

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

arpl
Tamashii
Tamashii

chap 52

Post by arpl »

Page 35,soooo funny! :lol:

Once again,thanks Fugu!
BTW,who is Ki Shodar? I don't think i've seen him in this forum? Well,i just want to say good job on the editing stuff!
Shishio-sama
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Shishio-sama »

It won't download for me for some odd reason.... Yet I know how to use Bit Torrent (Who doesn't?) and I have never had any problems before....
- The Juppon Gatana -
http://www.thejuppongatana.com
*Japanese translators needed.*
zombi3d
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zombi3d »

nagi goes super sayajin!!!

muwahahaha

but wont they sue oh great....
btw, who's the other character he was trying to imitate with the belt?
dont think ive watched an anime like that.....
astro boy?
mazinger?
jungar or something?

but i gotta say this...... nagi's mom is totally hot!! even if she has only one eye, and a dragon on her face, and one arm, the eye patch thing is sooo S&M-ish............ :oops:
man.. it looks like im describing a pirate...........
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

zombi3d wrote:nagi goes super sayajin!!!

btw, who's the other character he was trying to imitate with the belt?
dont think ive watched an anime like that.....
How could you not know Kamen Rider? Aniticipating this, I put a note in the README.txt. You should read those. They answer questions. And I make jokes. Sometimes. For your editication, that was a Kamen Rider Belt.

Kamen rider is a live Action superhero series, in the spirit of Ultraman.

fugu
RexMundi
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by RexMundi »

I found your site and started reading TenTen about when you'd put volume two up, and I've never said thankyou before, so here it is 'Thanks!'. (I'm sure there are thousands like me.) Thanks for the new chapter Fugu. You da man.

Talking of references to other manga/anime, I noticed that you didn't point out in that huge batch of chapters you released before this lot that there were two teachers playing Go (board game with black and white stones played on a 19x19 grid), and one of them was muttering about seeing the 'hand of God'. This is a reference to Hikaru no Go, an anime/manga about Go players trying to find 'the hand of God' basically the ultimate move/set of moves. I for one found it funny. I guess I find the fact that whilst most people (interested in comics/cartoons/manga/anime) outside of Japan will know of DragonBall, and maybe even seen an episode or two, but spotting references to shows that have never been seen outside of Japan and never officially translated to English is pretty cool. :wink:

The other thing I noticed is after reading Jojo's Bizarre Adventures volumes 01-05 and re-reading TenTen volume 01 to current is that there are quite a few similarities...

The whole 'reverse striking' technique taught to Nagi is really similar to the 'Ripple' technique taught to Jojo by Zeppeli. In Jojo's... Zeppeli demonstrates the 'Ripple' technique by punching a frog and destroying the rock underneath it leaving the frog unharmed. Much in the same way that Nagi has to punch the frying pans and ends up being able to hit one and cause the one behind it to take the damage.

The other thing is that shadow weapon user Emi's fighting style is really similar to the really brief Jack the Ripper character that shows up in Jojo. He too hides knifes in his body.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

RexMundi wrote:Talking of references to other manga/anime, I noticed that you didn't point out in that huge batch of chapters you released before this lot that there were two teachers playing Go (board game with black and white stones played on a 19x19 grid), and one of them was muttering about seeing the 'hand of God'. This is a reference to Hikaru no Go, an anime/manga about Go players trying to find 'the hand of God' basically the ultimate move/set of moves.
Hikaru no Go does not have a corner on the "Go" market - as far as I know, it is not a reference to HnG, but just a standard Go idiom.
RexMundi wrote: The other thing I noticed is after reading Jojo's Bizarre Adventures volumes 01-05 and re-reading TenTen volume 01 to current is that there are quite a few similarities...

The whole 'reverse striking' technique taught to Nagi is really similar to the 'Ripple' technique taught to Jojo by Zeppeli. In Jojo's... Zeppeli demonstrates the 'Ripple' technique by punching a frog and destroying the rock underneath it leaving the frog unharmed. Much in the same way that Nagi has to punch the frying pans and ends up being able to hit one and cause the one behind it to take the damage.

The other thing is that shadow weapon user Emi's fighting style is really similar to the really brief Jack the Ripper character that shows up in Jojo. He too hides knifes in his body.
standa-man
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by standa-man »

RexMundi wrote:The whole 'reverse striking' technique taught to Nagi is really similar to the 'Ripple' technique taught to Jojo by Zeppeli. In Jojo's... Zeppeli demonstrates the 'Ripple' technique by punching a frog and destroying the rock underneath it leaving the frog unharmed. Much in the same way that Nagi has to punch the frying pans and ends up being able to hit one and cause the one behind it to take the damage.
The whole "reverse striking"/"ripple" idea is very common among martial arts, especially when you start dealing with internal power stuff. So it shows up in lots of fighting mangas in various forms. I think different authors just come up with different ways of explaining it.

As for the shadow weapon thing... that is an interesting coincidence.
zombi3d
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zombi3d »

FuguTabetai wrote:
zombi3d wrote: How could you not know Kamen Rider?

:shock:

oh no!!
must educate myself in the ways of KAMEN RIDA!!

anyways

i think fighting manga's are running out of ideas.............

they gotta reuse stuff thats already out there else they wont have anything to write about
Shin
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Shin »

.. man..
What can i say..
Thank's so mutch Fugu..
I'm so happy that i want to be your Boyfriend !! :P
Dead is not the end...
Is just the beginnig..
pezzy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by pezzy »

yeah nagi's mum is a milf :D
arpl
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by arpl »

btw,fugu,just curious,why didn't you update the front page?
I didn't know it was out until i saw the update on manganews.net
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

arpl wrote:btw,fugu,just curious,why didn't you update the front page?
I didn't know it was out until i saw the update on manganews.net
I forgot.

fugu
The_Shape
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by The_Shape »

FuguTabetai wrote: Hikaru no Go does not have a corner on the "Go" market - as far as I know, it is not a reference to HnG, but just a standard Go idiom.
According to two different forums (AN and TW) where this was discussed, the Hand of God is not a Go term, and it doesn't exist related to the game of Go outside of the Hikaru no Go manga/anime. So that was a HnG reference.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Zombi3d wrote:
oh no!!
must educate myself in the ways of KAMEN RIDA!!

And I don't think Great was ripping off Kamen Rider. If anything, he was paying homage to a sentai series that has, to this day, a huge cult following. Kamen Rider influences can be found everywhere, and he probably grew up watching the series. Besides, the Japanese aren't usually litigation-crazy.

Thoughts:-

1). People with little zen awareness always think that zen koans are puzzles or riddles that need solving, whereupon some secret mystery of the universe will be made apparent.
They're not.
2). Nagi Makiko is so insanely hot. And older women usually know what they want (unfortunately, most of the time, it's not me :( ) and have the confidence to be themselves...
3). Check out pretty-boy Ishiyumi's archery-sculpted bod. Fanservice for the girls and the gays. Plus, he's a bad boy. Rain Cassidy will be so happy... :wink:

Agent Wax

Edited to add pic.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

What the...?! :shock:

Aaauuuggghhh! Fugu, help! I can't delete my repeat posts! The Delete Icon vanished!

My apologies, everyone. :oops:

Agent Wax
pezzy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by pezzy »

haha

yeh i need to increase my posts :(
Rain_Cassidy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rain_Cassidy »

What kind of word is milf? I run across this slang sometimes, still have no clue. :?:

And yes, Agent Wax. Ishiyumi is an Adonis wrapped in a bunch of wavy angelic ribbons (actually rubber bands but they look like angel ribbons to me). He ties with Asshat in Beautiful Flash, panel after panel.

That battle was beyond words. Oh Great is ingenious. :o
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Rain_Cassidy wrote:What kind of word is milf? I run across this slang sometimes, still have no clue. :?:
Mother I'd Like to F* (where F* is your favorite transitive verb)

fugu