Chapter 54

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

blackkenshi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Chapter 54

Post by blackkenshi »

Dagym. Nagi gut fuggded up! So did Ishiyumi
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

OMFG! :shock:

I was pretty much blown away by this chapter. Wow.

Ahh, it's going to be fun speculating what happens next...

I think if Souichiro does give an answer any time soon as to why he fights, I think it might be "for my own sake" or something like that.

Hmm, I wonder how long it'll be until we see Aya use the Dragon Eye again. I guess with fights they're going to get into, it won't be too long. I wonder if Souichiro will be around to see - I wonder what he'll think of it.

PS Maikiko is dressed up rather like Sai (from Hikaru no Go) here isn't she. Well, it's a form of clothing from the Heian period... Looks like a Shinto setup...
GreatTeacherStone
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by GreatTeacherStone »

I hope that Nagi says he fights for bob, because secretly he is passionately in love with bob and secretly wants to kill the girlfriend person... does anyone else find Nagi's Mom REALLY hot, maybe I just have a thing for amputated moms but she is a hotty!
blackkenshi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by blackkenshi »

You know I didn't even notice Nagis mom didn't have one arm. And who is that on the background of when it showed Nagis mom's eye being corrupted. Is that Nagi's dad.
Lyer
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Lyer »

blackkenshi wrote:You know I didn't even notice Nagis mom didn't have one arm. And who is that on the background of when it showed Nagis mom's eye being corrupted. Is that Nagi's dad.
- i didn't notice till u just told me now....

*goes and looks through back issues*
Shishio-sama
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Shishio-sama »

A cool chapter. I liked Ishiyumi's techniques. Although personally, I hope to see more fighters that use fire-related techniques.
- The Juppon Gatana -
http://www.thejuppongatana.com
*Japanese translators needed.*
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

You know I didn't even notice Nagis mom didn't have one arm. And who is that on the background of when it showed Nagis mom's eye being corrupted. Is that Nagi's dad.
I've been dying to discuss that with someone. You see, Nagi uses his mother's family name. In most cultures, including Japan, that is uncommon. Usually, the refusal to use the father's family name is associated with a reluctance to recognise the father or his role.

If you were to judge by the guy's hair, it seems likely that he is Nagi's dad. He's also holding a machete or a broadsword of some sort, perhaps implying that he cut Makiko's arm off? Hardly a caring and doting husband.

This makes me think that perhaps Makiko got pregnant with Nagi after he raped her, perhaps? Being born out of wedlock may also explain why Nagi was the target of bullying by other kids when he was young (not that kids ever needed a reason for bullying).

Agent Wax
blackkenshi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by blackkenshi »

Agent_Wax wrote:
If you were to judge by the guy's hair, it seems likely that he is Nagi's dad. He's also holding a machete or a broadsword of some sort, perhaps implying that he cut Makiko's arm off? Hardly a caring and doting husband.

This makes me think that perhaps Makiko got pregnant with Nagi after he raped her, perhaps? Being born out of wedlock may also explain why Nagi was the target of bullying by other kids when he was young (not that kids ever needed a reason for bullying).
Hmmm....You got a point there wax. Plus from the looks of the picture of when you see his mom fukked up it seems like his dad(if it is) is pretty bad. Maybe this is what Souichiro's mom meant when she said she lost her eye as a result of the demon dragon corrupting someone like his dad or he was bad to begin with and she was being taken over by the dragon....who knows
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

On the subject of Nagi's Dad

Post by FuguTabetai »

I don't think we know if that is Nagi's dad or not - it hasn't been explained at all. That guy does look pretty badass, and this is the second time we've seen him, IIRC. The previous image was the same one though.

Is Oh! Great going to give us another backstory!?

heh

fugu
blackkenshi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by blackkenshi »

Maybe the next backstory could be about the story of how Nagi's mom gets screwed up. And plus theres this part where Ishiyumi says "They are related". Maybe he was talking about his dad and will go into the story about him and why hes not in the picture.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Ishiyumi's "They are related"

Post by FuguTabetai »

blackkenshi wrote:Maybe the next backstory could be about the story of how Nagi's mom gets screwed up. And plus theres this part where Ishiyumi says "They are related". Maybe he was talking about his dad and will go into the story about him and why hes not in the picture.
Ah, I should have mentioned this in the README.txt.

Ishiyumi's "They are related" in that instance refers to Nagi, and the "Dragon form" Nagi. He meant those two are related - my guess on this is that generally when people in the Nagi family wig out, they act as two separate conciousnesses... Or at least, maybe at Nagi's (I should start calling him Souichirou, since that is his given name, but I just can't stop myself from calling him Nagi - he was the only Nagi for so long...) current state of development, Ishiyumi didn't think he had mastered his new form well enough to "cross the gap" and retain his own conciousness.

That's my interpretation of the "They are related..." bit anyway.

fugu
zombi3d
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zombi3d »

know what , i respect [F] or whatever he calls himself

he fights till the last drop, and has cool hair

i read a few post backs some dude's thought about souchiro's dad

while the raping, eyepopping, armchopping father may attract me and a couple of other sick readers, i dont think OH great would go that far.

the way u see it, souchiro's dad would probably act just like souchiro does
stupid, hot blooded, fight for the weak, get the hot babes, etc

one thing i dont get, does everybody with 'power' have the 8 dragon gates or just the nagi freaks

i mean it wouldnt be cool if everybody could use the dragons like souchiro does ( eg rapid lighting strike or something)

then again that ishyumi guy knew all about the dragons.......
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Post by burrowowl »

one thing i dont get, does everybody with 'power' have the 8 dragon gates or just the nagi freaks

i mean it wouldnt be cool if everybody could use the dragons like souchiro does ( eg rapid lighting strike or something)

then again that ishyumi guy knew all about the dragons.......
It was my understanding that everybody has the gates (chakras, whatever), but that the 12 families specifically had techniques passed down from generation to generation (it's implied that this is in the blood) to unlock certain abilities through the "opening" of certain "gates."

I think that the concept of Super-Nagi being "related" to Normal-Nagi is related to how Aya and Shin acted while their abilities were active: the power took control of them to one degree or another. One of Nagi's mother's fears is that he will fail to control his use of his power, and be consumed by it (probably in more than just a physical way, as Shin was mentally consumed by the Dragon's Eye). We haven't seen Nagi affected that way, instead only seeing his left leg bug out on him.

As for Ishiyumi being knowledgable about the dragon gates, his father is the owner of the dojo Nagi was being trained at, a member of the 12 families. For whatever reason, Nagi's training in the theoretical side of his family's techniques have fallen behind. Or maybe his mother meant for him to learn in a way much like this? Oh! Great will hopefully let us know.

I think that the visual "tells" that Nagi exhibits are characteristic of his lineage, not the gates themselves. When Shin, Mitsuomi, and Ishiyumi have used their family techniques, no such visual was used.
blackkenshi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by blackkenshi »

OK this isn't related to this post but as I write this I just noticed that Dallas made a come back
Lyer
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Lyer »

-the mavs just won...does that mean chap 55? :D
blackkenshi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by blackkenshi »

Hmm ok people try to be realistic. Who do you think will win the next game Spurs or Mavs
Lyer
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Lyer »

-if the mavs stay focused and play the way they've been playing I think they can win, esp if nowitzki (sp?) comes back, but I still think SA still has the edge
blackkenshi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by blackkenshi »

When is the next game going to be on
Lyer
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Lyer »

-on thrusday at 7:30 pst
Tommy-kun
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Tommy-kun »

People here sure have a sick mind :roll:
How about this version: Nagi's mom gets posessed by a dragon when performing some magic ritual, she fights with her husband who ends up cutting off her arm. She still was left with corruption to her eye.
This would somehow also relate to the time when this pops up, right after Nagi's leg gets posessed.

How about this one?? 8)

Tommy
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Lyer wrote:-the mavs just won...does that mean chap 55? :D
Heh, what a great game, hope they can pull out another one.

I don't have any chapters stored up - I only scanned up to Chap 54 before. Last night, before the game I scanned the rest of vol 9, so once I finish that up, no more TJTG until a new volume comes out.

But then I can start working on Get Backers again...

fugu

The Mavs can win the next game, the tough one will be game 7. Of course, I'm biased. heh.
Lyer
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Lyer »

-I hope they win, only cuz I'm rootin for the nets to take it all :D I know they'd have an easier time against the mavs than the spurs...no one on that team can come close to stopping duncan :/
Icz
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Icz »

>>I hope that Nagi says he fights for bob, because secretly he is passionately in love with bob and secretly wants to kill the girlfriend person... does anyone else find Nagi's Mom REALLY hot, maybe I just have a thing for amputated moms but she is a hotty!>>

Only if Maya and Aya engage in incestous lesbian sex afterwards.

And yes Nagi's mom is damn hot for a scarred amputee.

Icz
Icz
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Icz »

>>This makes me think that perhaps Makiko got pregnant with Nagi after he raped her, perhaps? Being born out of wedlock may also explain why Nagi was the target of bullying by other kids when he was young (not that kids ever needed a reason for bullying).>>

The thing is if you recall Nagi's first flashback we see him returning to his badly injured mother in the apartment.

So that means that Makiko was maimed /after/ she had Nagi.

My thought was that she attempted to do that 'dragon summoning' and it went wrong. She commented that the 'Dragon took my eye' making me think that weird hair guy may have had to cut off her arm to save her.

Icz
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

People here sure have a sick mind
How about this version: Nagi's mom gets posessed by a dragon when performing some magic ritual, she fights with her husband who ends up cutting off her arm. She still was left with corruption to her eye.

Could be, but that's an unlikely explanation for why Nagi uses his mom's name.
The thing is if you recall Nagi's first flashback we see him returning to his badly injured mother in the apartment.

So that means that Makiko was maimed /after/ she had Nagi.
Also possible. But if I recall correctly, the person on the futon was never directly referred to as his mother. And though he/she was heavily bandaged, he/she appeared to have both arms and both eyes intact. But don't quote me on that. I don't have the image with me right now. But what I thought interresting about the flashback scene was that though there was a note on the table saying his dinner/lunch was ready (in the oven or something), Nagi still made ramen for himself. At least that's how I interpreted it.

Anyway, everything's conjecture at this point. Your guess is as good as mine.

Agent Wax

Edited to add this P.S.: I checked. The flashback is in Fight 11, Vol. 2. I was wrong. Nagi referred to the figure as mother. I was right about both eyes being intact, however. So that means her disfigurement occurred after Nagi's birth.
Rain_Cassidy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rain_Cassidy »

The new chapters have revealed that Nagi's family is 1 of the feathers of the Takayanagi phoenix. And that the Nagi family trains in the lowest Chakra. Each of the major families seem to excel in a Chakra. The Natsume family uses the Dragon's Eye, presumably the highest Chakra.

All of them served Takayanagi.

This, for me, takes a lot of steam out of Nagi's potential to be the Hero. Instead of someone with a special destiny (what I thought when he first fought the wrestler and showed some hidden potential), basically he's just 1 of many young feathers, in fact a rogue wayward feather who is also the least-trained of all the young feathers.

All of the F's are likely better trained than him, and just as talented. So how does this make Nagi special at all? More importantly, why are the elders putting all their bets on him, if he isn't special? :?: