Chapter 55

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

blackkenshi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Chapter 55

Post by blackkenshi »

Whoo tight chapter. F looks tight so far. There are supposed to be 6 of the judging by the 6 feathers of the Takayanagi symbol right?
Waso Dodu
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Waso Dodu »

nice chapter yeah

suddenly...mitsuomi looks weak lol
and tawara too

the 12 red feathers clan are just scary
zombi3d
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zombi3d »

masataka said somethign smart for a change, all that stuff about the 'fight'

i hope ishiyumi beats the crap out of nagi
lately he's seeming alot like a wimp

and i wanna see takayanagi fight! the only time eh fought was with nagi in chapter 2 and 3

and im thinking bob is gonna be a killer in the next few chapters, been training like a black hoe :!:
standa-man
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by standa-man »

zombi3d wrote: and im thinking bob is gonna be a killer in the next few chapters, been training like a black hoe :!:
Oh yah, Bob's definitely gonna get to see some action in an upcoming chapter. You should wait with great anticipation for that... hehehehe
shingen13
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by shingen13 »

yay Nagi already got beaten up pretty bad in chapter 54 !!
I hope he gets injured some more, well Oh Great! won't kill him since he is supposed to be the main character :? , too bad...
That annoying-good-for-nothing-arrogant-wimpy-weak-making-Aya-suffer-brat, hope he's gonna bite some more dust :twisted:
...there is only one truth...
pezzy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by pezzy »

i used to dislike nagi as much as you guys but after seeing him transform into black hair, hes alright :P
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Re: ,.

Post by FuguTabetai »

pezzy wrote:i used to dislike nagi as much as you guys but after seeing him transform into black hair, hes alright :P
Why would hair color matter?

I've always liked Nagi, I don't know why everyone gives him such a hard time. I do like Bob better, but still. heh.

fugu
blackkenshi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by blackkenshi »

I think people hate Nagi and symphatize with Masataka is because they see themselves as Masataka.
Rev
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Rev »

blackkenshi wrote:I think people hate Nagi and symphatize with Masataka is because they see themselves as Masataka.

yep that right!! I don't like nagi much cause one min he get cocky when he think he getting stronger than after someone beat the shit out of him he go act like a little bitch and also make poor aya worried.
I wish Masataka gets a bigger role damnit I hope he shine soon cause I can see from those times when he got serious that he has a demon that going to be hard to beat later on, and hopefully he'll be the one to take out his brother but I doubt it since it looks like he cares for him, I notice he wonders if he brother ask for him or not, maybe if nagi take out his bro masataka will get mad and beat the shit out of nagi and get aya.

hey does anyone think maybe later on they give a little more info on masataka as why he join maya instead of with his bro?
zombi3d
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zombi3d »

man, i dont think masataka would get a good role later
probably be surpassed by nagi

but whatever, masatak is cool, and no im not a wimp

hey i hope aya dies
she's too annoying
and i hope maki or whatever her name is dies (bob's gf)
she's a hoe

and where the hell is tawara!!!
ShiroiNeko
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by ShiroiNeko »

about this chapter i have a though

so the guy who serv mistuomi are the son of the guy who are trainning Soichiro

so it s a conflict of generation
blackkenshi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by blackkenshi »

Yeah but think about it fellas. For those that hate Nagi I think theres a part of you that dont want to admit that some of yall are just like Nagi in many ways that you take your frustration on the little guy.
standa-man
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by standa-man »

ShiroiNeko wrote:about this chapter i have a though

so the guy who serv mistuomi are the son of the guy who are trainning Soichiro

so it s a conflict of generation
I forgot where I saw it mentioned, but I believe you are right. I think that's who the people who show up in the hospital are. For example, probably not by coincidence, we see some old lady using the dragon palm to heal Aya, and then later in the same chapter we see some young kid using the dragon palm to heal Ishiyumi.
Strike
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Strike »

Nagi lost to the F guy but its not even a close to a ass whooping compared to his "training" with the old guys. He got hit with 4 waterballs and a tooth. The waterballs didnt do anything to him besides make big holes in his chest his mobility didnt drop at all. Nagi broke Ishiyumi's fingers and arm as soon as he started using his power. If Ishiyumi hadnt spit the tooth at nagi he would of been beat to death or about as close as you can get.

On the other side of it IF nagi kept on fighting somehow, IF he dodged the tooth or it failed to knock him out theres no telling how much of his body the dragon would devour. in the beginning of 55 the dragon says "ill devour your flesh and be born myself." I think that means that the more the dragon takes of your body the harder it is to stop it.

In the hospital Nagi felt the dragon through the pain in his leg, heard the threat of the dragon (not to mention the "right now, you are as good as a corpse" by his one armed one eyed mother) and he was either counting the days he had left to live or how many limbs he would lose before he found his answer.[/b]
pezzy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by pezzy »

mate hair is everything :)
zombi3d
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zombi3d »

i guess ishiyumi did say to the stick dude with bad hair that their techniques are old

and it does look like all the old ppl are hobo's

so yeah, i guess all the young brats decided to do the revolution thing

one more thing

when the old takayanagi introduced the 12 families, he said there was one family missing

could that family be nagi's dad's family?
blackkenshi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by blackkenshi »

zombi3d wrote:
when the old takayanagi introduced the 12 families, he said there was one family missing

could that family be nagi's dad's family?
Didn't he mean thatthe missing member was from the Natsume family
Strike
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Strike »

There were two families not represented in the dojo, Natsume and Kago. Kago could be Souichiro's dad i guess but wouldnt that mean Souichiro has the power of two families combined since the demon excorcist came from his mom.
Strike
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Strike »

Could souichiro of been made to take his mothers family name because of his power? If souichiros mom had taken her husbands name the nagi family line would disappear along with the family history, Makiko inherited the Nagi name and the position within the twelve families she probably wouldnt take anothers name even if she wanted to.
Kakarotto
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Kakarotto »

Can anyone send me this chapter via e-mail or over aim? It's taking waay too long for the direct linked mirrors to put this chapter up and bitTorrent fucks up my computer.

E-mail anh667@cs.com
Aim: KakarottoAdrian
GreatTeacherStone
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by GreatTeacherStone »

Judging from the crew of the Arrow guy (the children of the pheonix people) shouldn't Nagi be in thier crew since he happens to be a next gen pheonix feather... that reminds me, Nagi's hot mom said that the Natsumi Family had the "Dragon Eye" which they obviously have (shin, aya) but does that mean that thier poppa was on the Pheonix feather since all the other feathers are "Dragon" something? It's Unclear
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

GreatTeacherStone wrote:Judging from the crew of the Arrow guy (the children of the pheonix people) shouldn't Nagi be in thier crew since he happens to be a next gen pheonix feather...
Not everyone chooses to follow Mitsuomi. Like all things in life, it is a personal decision.
GreatTeacherStone wrote: that reminds me, Nagi's hot mom said that the Natsumi Family had the "Dragon Eye" which they obviously have (shin, aya) but does that mean that thier poppa was on the Pheonix feather since all the other feathers are "Dragon" something? It's Unclear
Why do people think that these things have to come from the father's side all the time? Either a man or a woman can head up one of the families. Also, I don't that there is any derogatory meaning attached to Souichirou taking his mother's family name (Nagi). Could be that the mother's family was just more prestigious. Also, we don't know what happened to his dad yet.

If you are having trouble with the names, check out the character lists. The one for volume 9 is up to date. It is even up to date with characters from chapters that you haven't seen yet... (No pics for them yet though.)

fugu
Rain_Cassidy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rain_Cassidy »

Can someone explain to me all the Phoenix Feather Clans again? Red, White, how many there are?

I can't remember back to that page with the big turkey on the wall.
Raistlin46
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Raistlin46 »

I dont know, i kind of like nagi now, i mean, his charecter gained some depth, though i never really liked him, but i think Masataka isnt great either.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Rain_Cassidy wrote:Can someone explain to me all the Phoenix Feather Clans again? Red, White, how many there are?

I can't remember back to that page with the big turkey on the wall.
Honestly, it isn't really all that clear.

There are the red feathers and the white feathers - the supernatural fighters, and the physical based fighters.

I think there are 12 families on either side. They did name all of the red feather families.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

I really don't understand why others hate Nagi. Is it just because more readers sympathize and relate more to Masataka? I mean, Nagi's hoodlum attitude may be quite cliche, but that's because of his rotten past and childhood.

Masataka on the other hand, had it good when he was raised up under his family - plus it seems a lot of girls in school like him. I have no idea why he joined Maya's group though.
Leonheart79
Yuurei
Yuurei

Nagi or Super Saiyan(Dragonball)

Post by Leonheart79 »

From what i read at the series, Nagi seems to be similar like Super Saiyan in Dragonball series....cause of what.....the more he fights, the sronger he is.....isn't it..... :D :) :lol: :wink: :P :o
Whatever....!
The_Shape
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by The_Shape »

kujoe wrote:I really don't understand why others hate Nagi. Is it just because more readers sympathize and relate more to Masataka? I mean, Nagi's hoodlum attitude may be quite cliche, but that's because of his rotten past and childhood.

Masataka on the other hand, had it good when he was raised up under his family - plus it seems a lot of girls in school like him. I have no idea why he joined Maya's group though.
To me, Nagi is just boring. He's a walking clich
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

[quote="The_Shape"]
To me, Nagi is just boring. He's a walking clich
SkullKnight
Tamashii
Tamashii

fight

Post by SkullKnight »

If you noticed in one of the panels in volume 9 he sort of makes fun of DBZ, its the training with the old guys and he does some kind of powerup that is drawn strangely alot like DBZ and then he gets stomped for it. I thought it was funny. :lol: I like souchiro because you got to admit he has good reasoning when fighting. What is winning and what not, makes you think. F is probably the best of the new characters. The guy with the staff just kinda lost me.
Out of doubt, out of dark to a day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!
blackkenshi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by blackkenshi »

kujoe wrote:
I'm not saying cliches have always to be there depending on the genre, but I expected it nevertheless. Here's hoping that Nagi gets more character development later on. He needs it badly amidst more interesting characters.
OK For those that keep saying sumthing about character development what kind of character development? Do you people want him to be emotional or very angry?
The_Shape
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by The_Shape »

blackkenshi wrote:OK For those that keep saying sumthing about character development what kind of character development? Do you people want him to be emotional or very angry?
To me, nothing in particular. Oh Great can make him go fruity for all i care, just make it interesting. Everything that's happened with Nagi was sooo predictable. Stuff that every main "bad boy" character in shonen manga have been through already.

I mean, Great made fun of DBZ in there (like TT would ever exist without Dragon Ball, Hokuto no Ken, Saint Seiya and similar mangas...), but he's not doing anything with Nagi we haven't seen in those shows before. It's like Sayajin Nagi, Troubled Past Nagi, "I'm Weak" Nagi. :roll:
jas7
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by jas7 »

I mean, Great made fun of DBZ in there (like TT would ever exist without Dragon Ball, Hokuto no Ken, Saint Seiya and similar mangas...), but he's not doing anything with Nagi we haven't seen in those shows before. It's like Sayajin Nagi, Troubled Past Nagi, "I'm Weak" Nagi.
You forgot to mention, "I have to get stronger!" Nagi. :lol:

To be honest, I also felt this way about Nagi. He just felt redundant to me. I guess that's why i'm not too excited for Nagi or Bob. Bob reminds me of Kirillin in DBZ, pretty strong in the beginning but ends up being surprassed by others... But without them, who knows how the story would progress.

I actually liked it when Nagi got his butt kicked by a tooth to the head. It was kind of refreshing.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

I found that tooth bit kinda cool too. Nagi was just standing there with a bleeding hole on his forehead - and that's it. You've got to admit though that no one would generally survive from something like that.

Speaking of being redundant, manga and anime have so many cliched or similar character types that you can practically group them up already. Almost every character belongs to some archetype - it's the plot in the long run that should make the difference. Well, there are other things involved - but you get the idea.
blackkenshi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by blackkenshi »

what would be character development that wouldn't be cliched. People name a few cus so far in every fighting/action type manga and anime I've read/watched it usually involves someone wanting to get stronger to protect people or to get a particular person.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

blackkenshi wrote:what would be character development that wouldn't be cliched. People name a few cus so far in every fighting/action type manga and anime I've read/watched it usually involves someone wanting to get stronger to protect people or to get a particular person.
You're right on that one. I wouldn't want a fighting manga/anime to showcase a main character who's too "goodie two shoes" and so sure of himself/herself already. That would just be too plain and boring. Generally, the desire to be stronger is more appealing to me since it's more centered on the character.

Actually, other characters in the manga have also this concern in mind in their own way. Bob, Aya and now, even Masataka has said something about strength. I guess, Nagi whines about it more than anybody else since he's mainly concerned with it.