different interpretation of a few things mentioned in notes

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

standa-man
Kouhai
Kouhai

different interpretation of a few things mentioned in notes

Post by standa-man »

I think that part about spirit based attacks being easy to predict, etc. may have been Takayanagi talking to Bob, reassuring him that he's not that far behind Nagi. It kinda goes with Bob's expression in the following panel.

Also, in the dark frame talking on page 116, maybe when they're talking about being a different person than when fighting Sagara or Ryuzaki maybe they mean Nagi. Is it possible they're marveling at how Nagi could've have taken on and injured Ishiyumi (who must be skillful because he so easily beat 9th ranked Tagami). That kinda fits into the flow of the idea... Or otherwise maybe Ishiyumi just coincidentally fought Sagara and Ryuzaki back in the day (before the present time of the comic).

This is all interpretation from my reading into the translation a little more. I can't read the Japanese to check on my interpretations though... So if in either case it's pretty clear in the original text that what I said is not the case, then just ignore me. =)
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

It isn't clear in the original text - they also use pronouns like "he" so I don't know exactly who they are talking about. Either Nagi or Ishiyumi seem to fit.

fugu
zombi3d
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zombi3d »

im guessing it nagi for sure
never occured to me that it could be ishiyumi

she's saying to fight hard enough to beat 9th ranked tagami without any trouble. its like he's a completely different person than when he fought ryuzaki and sagara.

ishiyumi beat 9th ranked tagami in a second
nagi got the crap beat out of him by ryuzaki and barely beat sagara

who is a completely different person now that ishiyumi is all beat up?
NAGI!

everybody already fears [F] (the dagger chick already said that before)

now the second part of the text, its concerning ishiyumi
since he's the only one besides mitsuomi who went out of his way to beat up the juukenbu

tada!