Licencing......

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Raistlin46
Tamashii
Tamashii

Licencing......

Post by Raistlin46 »

What are the chances of someone getting a licence on Tenjo tenge?
Lyer
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Lyer »

-probably not very good, although manga readers are used to it, the amount of sex/nudity would probably turn off a lot of companies to releasing it here in the states
GreatTeacherStone
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by GreatTeacherStone »

I have a better question, mainly for fubu, if Tenjo Tenge WAS licensed would you continue scanlating it? I know that a whole lot of groups just quit when the manga gets licensed because they fear law suits, but that is kind of a rarity from what I hear!
Raistlin46
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Raistlin46 »

Well, Im taking a guess, but though im not fugu, im sure he believes that we should support manga buy giving money to it, since well.....it makes OH! Great more wealthy, so he can give us more manga.

Am i right fugu? Or should i shut the fuck up?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

GreatTeacherStone wrote:I have a better question, mainly for fubu,
fubu makes clothes. Fugu makes manga translations.
GreatTeacherStone wrote: if Tenjo Tenge WAS licensed would you continue scanlating it? I know that a whole lot of groups just quit when the manga gets licensed because they fear law suits, but that is kind of a rarity from what I hear!
I doubt Tenjo Tenge will get licensed in the US, but if it does, I would quit translating it. I believe you should support manga that you think is good. That will encourage companies to bring over more good manga. That is a different reason than the fear of lawsuits, but certainly I don't want to get sued either.

fugu
Shishio-sama
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Shishio-sama »

Well, there was an article on Tenjo Tenge in Viz's Shonen Jump #7. So, we might see it someday... I don't think the article increases it's chances by much, but you never know.
- The Juppon Gatana -
http://www.thejuppongatana.com
*Japanese translators needed.*
Starakin
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Starakin »

you really badly want Tenjyou Tenge to get licensed, right? it isn't the first time you ask this question!
Waso Dodu
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Waso Dodu »

it is licensed in france !

but please dont stop fugu
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Waso Dodu wrote:it is licensed in france !

but please dont stop fugu
Also Germany. But I'm not French or German, and I translate into English. You wouldn't want to see mein Deutsch. Es ist zehr schlecht.

But, unfortunately, after this next chapter (should be out soon) I will have to stop until they release the next tankobun in Japan...

fugu
Dart
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Dart »

If it WERE licensed...would you guys start a new project since get backers was licensed as well
Don't hate me because I'm annoying
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Dart wrote:If it WERE licensed...would you guys start a new project since get backers was licensed as well
I doubt it would be licensed, but if it was, I would stop translating it. I translate for myself, for fun, and like to do things that just aren't available in the US.

If I found something else that I enjoyed, I would start working on that.

fugu