Help on finding Maya figure with vol 9.

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

kiryogi
Yuurei
Yuurei

Help on finding Maya figure with vol 9.

Post by kiryogi »

Anyone know where I can still find it for buying? :\ I've bid on ebay and lost.. and yea its long gone in places. I actually remember seeing it @ my Kinokuniya last year but back then I didn't know what Tenjo Tenge was and I was being reserved (as to not draw attention) I really regret that now :\ Oh well, I'm willing to pay 40-50 at least.. maybe a bit more. (not 86-100 )
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

It was a limited special edition. It is long gone.

It cost about $35 originally when I special ordered mine from Kinokunia. I doubt you could find one for under $100.

fugu
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Damn those LIMITED editions !!! :evil:
sniffles
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by sniffles »

NO FIGURINE FOR YOU KIR!!!!! MUWHAHAHAHA 3bil one :twisted:
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

you can still buy unpainted resin kits if you are interested though - they run about $40 or so. I'll have to dig up the URL if you are interested, but there is a sight that sells them.

fugu
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Fugu wrote:
you can still buy unpainted resin kits if you are interested though - they run about $40 or so
If you are, like me, someone who can't paint to save his life, you can also have someone paint them for you. Prices vary, but professional jobs (inclusive of paint, kit, and painting) would probably set you back US$200-300.

Agent Wax
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Agent_Wax wrote:Fugu wrote:
you can still buy unpainted resin kits if you are interested though - they run about $40 or so
If you are, like me, someone who can't paint to save his life, you can also have someone paint them for you. Prices vary, but professional jobs (inclusive of paint, kit, and painting) would probably set you back US$200-300.

Agent Wax
Which might look expensive, but is actually not that expensive, considering you have to buy A LOT of equipment if you want to make resin kits yourself ...
SkullKnight
Tamashii
Tamashii

don't feel bad

Post by SkullKnight »

:: looks over at figure on dresser :: I waged an ebay auction war and nabbed the last one for sell by Things from another world. It set me back 90 bucks. so yea it was steep but eh I don't have any other hobbies that are currently flourishing. People think I'm weird collecting these type of things but hey I enjoy them.
Out of doubt, out of dark to a day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!
SkullKnight
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by SkullKnight »

I think that might have been tokyocentral not TFAW.... oh well
Out of doubt, out of dark to a day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Well, in the French version series of Ten Ten ( Enfer et Paradis ) we're up to volume 8 now, in the back there's the previeuw of pieces of the Maya figure, since they kept this in the translated manga, I think that the French Volume 9 will also come with the figure, however, this is just a hunch ...
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

And I think it's clear nonsense, since nobody even replied to that remark and i just finished volume 9 and in the back it says ' limited edition' figurine ... :lol: