Silky Whip.... without the H >_<, that's all i say bou

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Have you read Silky Whip before, you pervz?

Yes, and i knew this was from the same author from the start!!!
49%
Yes, but didn't figure that out...
28%
No, what is that?
18%
Blah, i am not into H
5%

Total votes: 39

pip8184
Yuurei
Yuurei

Silky Whip.... without the H >_<, that's all i say bou

Post by pip8184 »

blah.... i was wondering the moment i finished the 1st chap... this manga reminded me of something.... then i saw the sex.... it pointed me to H mangas.... and finally, i found out.... it was by the same author of silky whip >_<. I want more XXX goddamn it XD
RobbiK
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by RobbiK »

I read Silky Whip a few years ago (bought it with 16 haha. no one checks ID at a manga convention) and thats when i first saw a manga by Oh!Great. Of course THATS the reason why i leech Tenjo Tenge. There's no other.... In germany both Tenjo Tenge and Silky Whip are published, but Tenjo Tenge is far more succesfull. (Who want's to buy something named "Seidenpeitsche"??? This word does not even make sense in german XD)
The_Shape
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by The_Shape »

Yeah, it was my first exposure to Great. I didn't like his style back then. He got better with TT and Maijin Devil, though.

I like some of the stuff in Silky Whip, like the dog story and the herms story. I also like how "Maya" appeared in Silky Whip (the Peter Pan story) before Tenjho Tenge... and in both chibi and adult forms... sadly, he used the idea in such a crap character in Tenjho...
lost
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by lost »

Yea I read silky whip before, it was a long time ago before I started reading Tenjo tenge.

But not until around volume 4 of Tenjo Tenge that I know Silky whip was by Oh!Great.
GreatTeacherStone
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by GreatTeacherStone »

dude, I was about the silky whip back in the day!
I am somewhat of a H manga coneccure (wow is my spelling bad,that is supposed to be that word that means expert) and I was totally diggin' that shizzat, although the story kinda fizzled in the end, but did Oh! Great write the whole thing or just silky whip extreme
cause silky whip extreme was the one that I knew he wrote and that was the entire reason that I busted out onto the TT scene but I'm not sure that he wrote the rest of it?
standa-man
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by standa-man »

GreatTeacherStone wrote:dude, I was about the silky whip back in the day!
I am somewhat of a H manga coneccure (wow is my spelling bad,that is supposed to be that word that means expert) and I was totally diggin' that shizzat, although the story kinda fizzled in the end, but did Oh! Great write the whole thing or just silky whip extreme
cause silky whip extreme was the one that I knew he wrote and that was the entire reason that I busted out onto the TT scene but I'm not sure that he wrote the rest of it?
If I recall correctly, in a previous discussion about Oh! Great's works someone said that he did all of the original Silky Whip.
JaceBarret
Yuurei
Yuurei
Location: That Lovely Place Called Melawati, Sometimes Sg Wang ^^ and maybe Anime Land

Post by JaceBarret »

Yeah, i knew that Oh! Great did Silky Whip..........But it took me a while to realize that. I was reading TT when i noticed something was similiar... Then, it was like OMFG! ~_~

About h-manga artist drawing non-H manga, there's also the guy who did The SexPhiles. He did Blood The Last Vampire 2000.
:: Why Is There A Hole In Every Donut ??? ::
Christian
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Christian »

The_Shape wrote: I also like how "Maya" appeared in Silky Whip (the Peter Pan story) before Tenjho Tenge... and in both chibi and adult forms... sadly, he used the idea in such a crap character in Tenjho...
Ouuu!! It would be soooo nice to see that :twisted: .

Anybody knows a way to get that "Peter Pen story" by internet? :?:

Thx!! :D
An argentinean lost in Germany
- Be like the water -
Christian
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Christian »

The_Shape wrote: I also like how "Maya" appeared in Silky Whip (the Peter Pan story) before Tenjho Tenge... and in both chibi and adult forms... sadly, he used the idea in such a crap character in Tenjho...
Ouuu!! It would be soooo nice to see that :twisted: .

An argentinean lost in Germany
- Be like the water -
hitori
Bushi
Bushi

Very easy

Post by hitori »

Christian wrote:Ouuu!! It would be soooo nice to see that :twisted: .

http://www.google.com/search?q=silky+whip :lol:
Ree
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Ree »

Sikly Whip is the reason of my Tenjo hunting :D
Someone interested in mirroring silky whip?
maybe I can send it to you.
???
Starakin
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Starakin »

I'm interested. Could you serve it in #mangatranslation channel so we can all get it?
hitori
Bushi
Bushi

Just an opinion

Post by hitori »

It is great some people are getting interested in Oh!Great's other works, but I think everyone should consider this.

Silky Whip is a licenced publication.
Asking to share scanned files of a such publication...isn't good.

Especially bad that you are promting such activity on a forum run by a volunteer translator who has the intension of erasing all his translated material should those titles become licensed.
If Fugu wants to abide by the law, we (who are benefiting from his work) should respect his wishes and also keep his forum free of such actitities.

Okay, I've used up all my Squaredness-power for today.
Starakin
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Starakin »

Licensed! that explains a lot.
no wonder I couldn't find it anywhere.

*Listens to "Support the author" 128kbps
Masataka's Beeyatch
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Masataka's Beeyatch »

something tells me he is going to stop doing hentai :wink:
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

That something wouldn't be a leprechaun now would it ? Because I had one of those creatures saying it was allright to keep feeding my cat, and now look at her, I can tip her over with a match stick ...
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Banorac, Im going to ask a nice as I can, WTF :? :shock: . Okay now that I have asked, I wonder what would make more money hentai or other manga?
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

pv82 wrote:Banorac, Im going to ask a nice as I can, WTF :? :shock: . Okay now that I have asked, I wonder what would make more money hentai or other manga?
I'm sorry, I'm just being weird, waiting for a reply to an e-mail concerning the order of Ten Ten 12 with Aya figurine which I ordered :?
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Banorac wrote:
pv82 wrote:Banorac, Im going to ask a nice as I can, WTF :? :shock: . Okay now that I have asked, I wonder what would make more money hentai or other manga?
I'm sorry, I'm just being weird, waiting for a reply to an e-mail concerning the order of Ten Ten 12 with Aya figurine which I ordered :?
No need to be sorry, I was just kidding :lol: . I hope you get yours :wink: , I'd sell you one of mine but I think it will probably be cheaper the way your going at it.
TeamJyukenbuu
Yuurei
Yuurei

de silky whip

Post by TeamJyukenbuu »

yeah, I was a bit amazed that was one of oh greats earlier works. And it shows. A lot of his form and lines are a lot looser but his foundation is the similar. I guess a successful ecchi manga artist starts by drawing the nude form in many ways.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Well, my first exposure to Oh! Great was from Silky Whip. :wink: (I think the title of the story was Junk Story.) When I first saw Tenjo Tenge, I immediately recognized that it was Oh! Great's style.
pv82 wrote:Okay now that I have asked, I wonder what would make more money hentai or other manga?
I think doing ero manga was less profitable in Oh! Great's case. Tenjo Tenge has a series and has some deals made here and there, while his purely ero and ecchi stuff are usually limited to manga and art books. On the other hand, there are some well-known ero mangaka that seem to have earned success and prestige from their works--but so far, none of them have achieved the level of success that mangaka such as Tohru Fujisawa or Inoue Takehiko have reached.