most useless charecter?

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Raistlin46
Tamashii
Tamashii

most useless charecter?

Post by Raistlin46 »

Who do you think is the most useless charecter, used only for filler?

I think Chiaka and to a degree, the curly haired chick( I cant spell the names, so ill use this type of termonology).

Also, which charecters will slowly fade away as the manga goes onward?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

If you don't know the character names, please use the character lists that I have. I put a link to them on the navigation menu on the main site, so you should be able to find them. Since there are pictures and names, you really have no excuse for not knowing the names of the characters...

fugu
ShiroiNeko
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by ShiroiNeko »

FuguTabetai wrote:If you don't know the character names, please use the character lists that I have. I put a link to them on the navigation menu on the main site, so you should be able to find them. Since there are pictures and names, you really have no excuse for not knowing the names of the characters...

fugu
yop
u are certainly right

but
who will remember the name of an uselles character ????

maybe GOd
Mysterio
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Mysterio »

I believe Kurei is pretty useless to the story and if you don't know who Kurei is, he's a guy that looks like an alien first appear in chapter 54.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Mysterio wrote:I believe Kurei is pretty useless to the story and if you don't know who Kurei is, he's a guy that looks like an alien first appear in chapter 54.
But he only just appeared. I believe that he will play a larger role in the future.

He is pretty funny though.

My least useful character? Kanekita. The kendo kappa-looking guy. And I kmew his name without looking it up. heh.

fugu
Raistlin46
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Raistlin46 »

Hmmmm, i really wonder HOW he would play a big role though. I mean, he cant do anything significantly important. But then, i hope i get surprised, because OH! Great's manga's have great charecterization, and there is probably something we dont know about this dude.
standa-man
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by standa-man »

Kurei is a member of the Jyuukenbu too so there must be something interesting to his story because it seemed like no one else joined the Jyuukenbu after the past arc events until Masataka came along. I'm figuring he must have some reason for opposing Mitsuomi. He's also like the vice president or something of the group too, so maybe that means he can fight really well. Maybe he's like Yoda, a tiny alien who has amazing power.
Mysterio
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Mysterio »

Well I guess Kurei is a little bit important because he's probably the brain of the group. Which mean he does the thinking mostly.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Can you guys clarify something for me? Is Kurei really an alien - or from some reason, does he simply just look like one? It doesn't seem to click in the initial premise of the story if he's actually some alien from outer space you know. The story is about fighting and martial arts with characters beating the snot of each other and then you have an alien?!
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

kujoe wrote:Can you guys clarify something for me? Is Kurei really an alien - or from some reason, does he simply just look like one? It doesn't seem to click in the initial premise of the story if he's actually some alien from outer space you know. The story is about fighting and martial arts with characters beating the snot of each other and then you have an alien?!
No, he is not really an alien.

Yes, his similar appearance to an alien is used for comic relief.

fugu
Dart
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Dart »

Is there a story behind him joining the Jyukenbu?
Don't hate me because I'm annoying
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Ah ok. Thanks for the clarification there about Kurei, Fugu. As for me, the most useless character as of now would have to be Sagara Mask. I think he's just some soon-to-be punching bag by any character who's about to showcase his/her new power.
Dart
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Dart »

Asshat 100%, even more useless than Sagara
Don't hate me because I'm annoying
Tristan
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Tristan »

That's can't really be seen as true anymore.. Even if he's scared of fighting, even Nagi of all people comments on how strong he hits. Coupled with the fact that Maya is actually -glad- to have him back and he survives falling out the window.. I'm really intrested in what kind of abilities and fighting style he'll have when the real fighting begins.

I'm hoping he turns out to be fairly strong, since he has an intresting personality and story behind him. Plus, I'm already Pro MayaxSugano, given how she reacted to him.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Asshat ... Useless?

Post by FuguTabetai »

Now that just can't be true.

I mean, come on. Asshat has an awesome Babe Army.

Just try and tell me that isn't cool. Come on, you can't, right?

It's just really damn funny, even though it is infantile.

fugu

BTW, what a black-out.
Gin
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Gin »

something else to notice about Asshat is that his body guards look very similar to the group of girls that attacked Asshat and Tawara Bunshichi in the past arc. They may even be the same girls.
The greatest tragedy in life is that there is no theme music.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Gin wrote:something else to notice about Asshat is that his body guards look very similar to the group of girls that attacked Asshat and Tawara Bunshichi in the past arc. They may even be the same girls.
Three of them (I believe) were from the group of girls in the past arc that Asshat "attacked" with his "Beautiful Flash" - which is a really, really funny detail.
Bunshichi Lover
Yuurei
Yuurei

Blah~!

Post by Bunshichi Lover »

Just finished reading all 9 volumes of TJTG last week...all in a row..;x Made an account after seeing people sit here and say these following people are useless!! Its not true!! w/o them the story would not be half as interesting as it is! I left the Kappa guy out tho...he scares me.

Chiaki: Behind every good man, is a good woman. ;o Bob is awesome!! And Chiaki bein his girl has a very important role. Notice how they actually do talk with eachother, and she's basically his voice of reason. When he doubted himself, she was the one who gave him strength. I mean her getting assaulted by Ryuzaki helped to set off how Bob feels about the Enforcement group. If she wasn't there, he most likely would have joined and started hating his best friend, Souichirou-sama <3 Also, if it wasn't for her, we would've NEVER gotten that beautiful 3 volume flashback sequence. u_u With the great pictures of Tawara when he was younger. <3<3

Isuzu Emi: Emi!! How can you underestimate her importance, hm?! She is very very important! Why? Because it is with her that we get to see Maya fight. That and the Shadow Weapon Technique is frikkin awesome. If you look in the flashback arc, she was part of the Shin-kun surveillance team. Without her Mitsuomi would've never seen that tape. =/ Since she was probably the one who filmed it seeing as how she was filming Tawara<3<3 that one time. Also, you wouldn't have gotten that hella funny scene where he threw her out in front of the taxi xD

Kurei: xD!!! The expression on Bob and Nagi's face are worth it...PERIOD XD!! (Not to mention the "Solar Flare"?? rip)

Asshat: If it wasn't for Sugano <3 there wouldnt' have been 5 members of the original Jyuukenbo, and then there wouldn't have been enough to participate in the tournament. I love that "Beautiful Flash" attack xD I had never laughed so hard...well until Bob pulled down his pants for that one thing...xD!

Sagara: Sagara was a very important role, tho very minor. You must think to yourself "Why do these different groups all get assimilated into the enforcement group?" Sagara was representative of why a lot of groups did so. Remember how it says that he did it to protect the other members of his "Wrestling Club"? That was his purpose. =/

That's how I think anyway...
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

IMO, (after going back and rereading 3 times) its not that there are any usless characters as much as it is page time. So many characters show up in for about 4 or five chapters and then disappear. But most of them help move the story along. What would be cool is instead of a five man tournament, Bring all the characters come back and let this be a Battle Royale. All hell will Break loose :twisted: .
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai

Re: most useless charecter?

Post by Isuzu »

Raistlin46 wrote:I think Chiaka and to a degree, the curly haired chick( I cant spell the names, so ill use this type of termonology).

You're serious? Isuzu may not be a main character, but nevertheless, she had quite a number of remarkable appeareances.

1. She was Mana's bodyguard. Mana was Shin's girlfriend, so I think that Bunshichi Lover is right when he / she says that it probably was her who made the video tape of Shin which Bunshichi and Mitsuomi saw.

2. She spies on Bunshichi (I just love that sequence when he chases her)

4. Fu does underestimate her skills, and she was (for a short period) able to keep him in check.

5. She survived one of Shin's outbreaks. How many people can claim that?

6. Maya vs. Isuzu - in my opinion, the best fight in the whole manga. Not only because you see a lot of panties and boobies, but also because it's very intense, you can almost grasp the rivalry and the hatred between these two ladies... although Emi lost, she brought Maya into a really bad situation, I think it was the first time in the whole manga that Maya seemed to be vulnerable. ;)

7. Her utter devotion to Mitsuomi makes her stand out a bit. She knows that she hasn't got a chance to get him, but she fell in love with him after he had saved her from Shin... quite a sad story, Mitsoumi himself says that things would have been different if he would have met her before meeting Maya.

8. Isuzu is the one who makes "first contact" with "F". Sadly, because I don't like "F" at all.

9. She saves Bob in volume 12 from Madoka, and even gets stabbed in the back for him. With that, Emi proves that she's more than just the stereotype of a bad girl that opposes the good girl, she's far more than that, although Mitsuomi's reaction on her getting almost killed disappointed me. He did not even move his ass to check if she's alright, that idiot.

10. So, enough reasons to like her. But, she not only is a very interesting and caring character, she also looks like a goddess. Not in her "true" form, but when she's folded up her fat. Those eyes are simply great.

In my humble opinion, the most useless character is Ryuzaki. He does not do anything of importance or style, he just rapes a helpless girl and gets beaten up by Maya for that. He's the type of character of whom I wouldn't mind him not being there.
Bomb me, please.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Izuzu is pretty fine, too bad Mitsumi doesn't appreciate her cause I think if it came down to it, she would take one for him. Maybe she'll end up with Tawara he can finally cash in those Boob jobs she owes him.
Sacrin
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sacrin »

I kind of agree that Ryuzaki Tsutomu was just anoying and kind of useless. I'm still glad he's there but, I would have to say he's one of the most useless.
I don't think there is anyone truely useless. They all serve some purpose at that time. There are a lot that we may never see agin or who may seem like filler, but they still fit to me.
I would also like to give a nod to Bunshichi Lover and Isuzu. I agree with all of that.
"Fithos lusec wecos vinosec"
Crimson
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Crimson »

AYA ... nuff said
OutRage
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by OutRage »

Did anybody stop to think that the alien-;ike form of Kurei might be a disguise, like the one Maya is using. Who knows, he might suddently change into a normal looking guy with kick ass powers.
Kagutsuchi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Kagutsuchi »

That might be true. But I personally think it's more interesting if not everyone "kicks ass" all the time. As someone commented earlier, he seems to be the brains behind the operation. Almost everytime you see Kurei, he has his laptop out analyzing something.

Sure, that's not as flashy to look at page after page. It's still important to filling in the story and adds nice details to the character though. Moreover, the difference in apparent intelligence is the main reason I like Maya, Masataka and Bob MUCH more than Souichirou, Aya and Asshat. To a degree, I appreciate Chiaki's presence for showing the world still has normal people also.

Ok, after having said all that... I think it'd be awesome if he's change from that egg-head alien form to a giant insect-like alien form like on the "Aliens" movies, :lol:
kagezuchi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by kagezuchi »

yeah, it'd be funny if Kurei had an incredible hulk transformation thing, hehe. but he did do something obviously useful in vol 10, he did the solar flash that enabled people to escape and trick that 8-armed guy.

most of the chars have some purpose, 1 way or another. the least useful is probably ryouzaki, the fire guy, who i doubt we'll see again.