Who is your favorite Character poll?

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Who is your favorite Character poll?

Post by FuguTabetai »

I wonder if I can have images in the poll options...
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

And the answer: can you have HTML in poll topics?

Post by FuguTabetai »

The answer is no, you can not have HTML in poll topics.

Unless you want to modify the database by hand, in which case you can shoe-horn it in there. heh.

So, the question is open to voting: Who is your favorite character? You only get one vote, so make it count.

I know I made mine count. :lol: :lol:
standa-man
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by standa-man »

bunshichi wa doko desu ka?
Ast-Intern
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Ast-Intern »

....e.cuse me...may i know how to vote in this poll?
E[x]prit-D`amour
Starakin
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Starakin »

images in the poll, that's very creative...
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Forgot Tawara...

Post by FuguTabetai »

Oops, I forgot Tawara. I've added him in now.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Ast-Intern wrote:....e.cuse me...may i know how to vote in this poll?
The first time you look at this post, you get an option to vote. Once you have voted, you only can see the results. You have already voted.
hitori
Bushi
Bushi

Haha!

Post by hitori »

The wait pays off!

Been holding my vote because Tawara wasn't a choice.

Thanks Fugu... :lol:
Spawn
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Spawn »

1- Masataka Takayanagi
2- Maya Natsume
3- Bunshichi Tawara

Snif ! I want a love story between Masataka and Maya ... snif :cry: :cry: :cry: snif !
jasonred
Yuurei
Yuurei

Tawara!!!

Post by jasonred »

I thought he was pretty cool even before theis story arc, now I think he's better than most of the others put together, well, except for Maya, Aya and Nagi of course...

Pretty funny how the poll designer forgot to place The Current Winner in the poll! heh, wonder how many votes he'd have if he was there in the beginning...

Anyone know why he's called "Double Impact" though?
Ger24
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Ger24 »

My vote goes for tawara he is just cool! 8)
brainplagued
Yuurei
Yuurei
Location: Guess!!! I'll give you a clue: it's a trifle warm...

Post by brainplagued »

tawara...

pfffff......

who cares about *him*...

just 'cause he seems the coolest *now*....

:P

vote for AYA!!!!!!!
Positions Available
Reliable Minion Wanted
Experience and References a Must!
Call (666) 666-4666
Nataku-Ghost
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Nataku-Ghost »

Heh, I dunno man. I just dig Tawara san very much since his first appearance.
hitori
Bushi
Bushi

Tawara

Post by hitori »

I think I liked him immediately because of the cool black & white illustration of him lying on top of a sportscar.

It's somewhere in the chapters where the Enforcement Group attacks the Juukenbu in the bowling alley. =)
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Re: Tawara

Post by FuguTabetai »

hitori wrote:I think I liked him immediately because of the cool black & white illustration of him lying on top of a sportscar.

It's somewhere in the chapters where the Enforcement Group attacks the Juukenbu in the bowling alley. =)
It is the opening page of Chapter 21. One of my absolute favorites.

fugu
Rain_Cassidy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rain_Cassidy »

When I 1st saw Tawara, I thought he's an older EVIL perv. Like the power behind the throne of Mitsuomi, or the brainy EVIL advisor. Like how Mitsuomi may be violent, but this goateed pervy guy is DEEP DARK CANCER hidden beneath a laid-back veneer. :twisted:

Oh well, I guess not. :roll:
The_Shape
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by The_Shape »

1. Bunshichi
2. Isuzu
3. Kuzuhona
4. Masataka
5. Saga

I liked Tawara from the first scene he was in. He was so strange and funny. That scene with the water on Mitsuomi's head still cracks me up. :lol:

At the time, Masataka was my favorite, but with the background story he kept falling to 2nd, 3rd and right now it's in 4th.

From the main characters, he's the only one i actually like. Aya is ok, but Maya, Bob, Nagi, Chiaki... I never felt anything at all for any of them.
jasonred
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by jasonred »

First off, he's apparently the strongest... and he knows it. And doesn't go around boasting or showing off about it. In fact, just acting the clown most of the time. The only times he shows his strength are when he really has no choice...

OR when he wants to use humiliating attacks like that Hyper Armpit Blast. He had the two other strongest people around locked into that move, and they couldn't get out of it... and don't give me that they could but didn't try to, he had made himself extra stinky for it to... eww!!!

What I also like is that he's essentially kept his personallity from the past to now. He's strong mentally too. Whereas the rest of them ALL seem rather traumatised and act all weird. Not that I blame them, but Bunshici is the only one who is trying to make everyone happy again.

Oh, and I feel sorry for him cause he failed 3 times in a row... ;)
The_Shape
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by The_Shape »

jasonred wrote:First off, he's apparently the strongest... and he knows it. And doesn't go around boasting or showing off about it. In fact, just acting the clown most of the time. The only times he shows his strength are when he really has no choice...

OR when he wants to use humiliating attacks like that Hyper Armpit Blast. He had the two other strongest people around locked into that move, and they couldn't get out of it... and don't give me that they could but didn't try to, he had made himself extra stinky for it to... eww!!!

What I also like is that he's essentially kept his personallity from the past to now. He's strong mentally too. Whereas the rest of them ALL seem rather traumatised and act all weird. Not that I blame them, but Bunshici is the only one who is trying to make everyone happy again.

Oh, and I feel sorry for him cause he failed 3 times in a row... ;)
Ditto. The man deserves 20 boob jobs, damn it!
ShiroiNeko
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by ShiroiNeko »

I vote for Mistuomi cose i likehim very much when he is young
and i like tawara too but he is too baka
his 3rd years as a juniors

let me laught
Emlan^_^
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Emlan^_^ »

Tawara Bunshichi~ go go hentai man!
khalfan
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by khalfan »

Top spot has to go to Aya. There is just no doubt about that :D :D :D
I also don't really care much for most of the other characters.

About Bunshichi being the strongest, I'm not too sure about that really. As we found out in the last few chapters that Shin's strength doesn't lie in the sword. The sword actually restrains his real strength.
blackkenshi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by blackkenshi »

Yeah about voting umm it didn't ask me so how do I get to vote?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

blackkenshi wrote:Yeah about voting umm it didn't ask me so how do I get to vote?
you can only vote once. It asks you when you view the poll, if you haven't voted.

fugu
currypuff
Yuurei
Yuurei

viva le Maya

Post by currypuff »

my Top choice is definately Maya.. the reason i voted...
i'm captivated.. errr.. i mean.. held captive, yah that's it, Held Captive by her "dangerous weapons" :shock:

Tawara is cool too
love it especially when he handles situations *Bunshichi* style (as noted by the editor 8) ) p/s: fugu is being "held captive" by Maya's dangerous weapons too, but he wont admit it lol
blackkenshi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by blackkenshi »

I don't really know you Fugu but who did you vote for anyway. Pardon me if that sounded kinda rude
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

blackkenshi wrote:I don't really know you Fugu but who did you vote for anyway. Pardon me if that sounded kinda rude
Katana Member Number 2. Yeah baby!

fugu
Shishogan
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Shishogan »

Whaat? no one else voted for Kuzunoha??
She's the bomb! She's got the real 'weapons'
zombi3d
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zombi3d »

she's fat
blackkenshi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by blackkenshi »

ok got a question. 2 to be exact.1)Why did Kuzunoha sleep with Mitsuomi and what was the puspose?and 2) is Isuzu originally fat or she got fat because she exhausted herself when she used her shadow technique?
standa-man
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by standa-man »

blackkenshi wrote:ok got a question. 2 to be exact.1)Why did Kuzunoha sleep with Mitsuomi and what was the puspose?and 2) is Isuzu originally fat or she got fat because she exhausted herself when she used her shadow technique?
1) To distance him from Maya possibly, or because the Takayanagi family ordered it to setup the Shin/Mitsuomi rivalry
2) I think she's originally fat. It seemed like, from that chapter, that she is fat on purpose and then shapes the fat to how she likes using her spirit. So when she exhausted herself she returned to her original form.
Dart
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Dart »

Wow, I knew it! How can you be fat from being tired out using magical shadow weapons
Don't hate me because I'm annoying
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Dart wrote:Wow, I knew it! How can you be fat from being tired out using magical shadow weapons
As I understand it, she has always been fat, but Maya explained that when she becomes weak, she doesn't even have enough power to keep her "slim" form. In other words, it takes effort (some small amount at least) for her to keep looking nice.
silverfang
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by silverfang »

i like Maya. coz she's hot and she's a bad ass.
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Post by burrowowl »

blackkenshi wrote:ok got a question. 2 to be exact.1)Why did Kuzunoha sleep with Mitsuomi and what was the puspose?and 2) is Isuzu originally fat or she got fat because she exhausted herself when she used her shadow technique?
1)It was her role. She was working for the folks that were trying to turn Shin into a monster. She got close to him and then screwed around on him with the very person that was to fight him. As I read it, a great deal of what happened in the "flashback" plotline revolved around various people working in concert to dehumanize Shin.

2)Yeah, she's fat. It's part of her shadow-blade technique. Of course, the only time she ever assumes that form (so far as we the readers know) is when she's utterly defeated, so who cares?

Anyhow, my vote went to Bunshichi because although I really like Masataka (he's the male character that I can actually sympathize with, as opposed to the "main characters," Shin, or Mitsuomi), Bunshichi gets a lot more face-time as the series progresses.
GreatTeacherStone
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by GreatTeacherStone »

Whaddup with this poll... where is the teacher
the teacher is the coolest character
HE HAS A KENSHIN SCAR ON HIS HEAD
that is the ultimate in badass
he can't be beat
I'm waiting for him to go in and kill everyone and show the power and spirit of kenshin
KENSHIN IS THY FATHER
and that dude is clearly kenshins god child
I demand he be put on the list
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

GreatTeacherStone wrote: I demand he be put on the list
Sorry, he isn't as cute as Katana Member 2.

fugu
GreatTeacherStone
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by GreatTeacherStone »

Sorry, he isn't as cute as Katana Member 2.
I geuss I can't argue with that, but I will say SMOKING IS SERIOUSLY BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH, katana member 2 is clearly gonna die much early than me (because she smokes and definitely NOT because she is a fictional character, cause she's totally realy, I met her at a bar one time... REALLY, I'm not joking... yes I am, you see right through me) and remember what snoop dogg says

"Smoke Weed Everyday"...

wait a second, thats a horrible thing to say, don't smoke!
Gekiganger V
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Gekiganger V »

It was tough to choose a fav character... but I chose Isuzu 'cause she too damn cute... and yes I know she is a fictional character. Anyways, my top five:

1. Isuzu Emily
2. Tawara Bunshichi
3. Natsume Aya
4. Takayanagi Masataka
5. Bob Makihara
LET'S GEKIGAN-IN!
Petezilla
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Petezilla »

I voted for Mitsoumi coz he looks a lot like Dio altough he's not that charismatic, but then again nonone of them really are.
Honeyman
Yuurei
Yuurei
Location: Leeds, England (right now, studying in Kyoto, Japan)

Post by Honeyman »

At first I thought Bunshichi was just a pretty boy, but as the volumes go on I realised that he just happens to be the character in the manga with the most charisma. Here`s hoping he remains in the manga for a long time yet :D !
If you see a foreigner on the streets in Kyoto in late July, asking for 50¥ coins so he can play in the arcades, that`ll be me (and a bowl of chashumen please!)
Mysterio
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Mysterio »

Favorite is Maya. Then is Nagi and Bob.
Agot
Yuurei
Yuurei

About Bunshishi

Post by Agot »

Well... first of all I'M NEW!

Spam aside... Bunshishi kicks ass, he's the all time manga pervert, he's like roshi you know? Even if in the end he's weak
I'm who i'm, if you like it or not
leki peki
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by leki peki »

Bob is the coolest character!
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

My favorites are Nagi, Bob and Bunshichi - especially Bunshichi. You just gotta love the scene where he totally smashed that car! For the female characters, I'll have to go with Maya. She's hot and can kick some butt too. Plus, she's got that tough and street-wise attitude.
Mica
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Mica »

Since the very first time I've seen him, my favorite character is Mitsuomi, and, after The Past Arc he is deeper in my heart.
I used to hate Maya, but nowadays I kind of like her...but my preference still goes to Aya.
Of course I like Bunchishi...and Kuzunoha. She's awesome!
About Shin....I like and dislike him. I can't have a impartial opinium about him.
And Nagi....geeez...I really used to like shim, but he's such and ass lately that...argh!

Kisses,
Mica.
jas7
Yuurei
Yuurei

Bunshichi all the way!!

Post by jas7 »

My favorite has to be Bunshichi... Then would be Mitsuomi and Maya. Bunshichi is just damn cool! He's layed back and nothing worries him and you can really tell he cares for his friends. In a sence, I get the feeling Maya is fighting against Mitsuomi for his own good.

As for Nagi and Bob. I really... dislike those two, I don't hate them, I just think they are really annoying characters but they keep the story moving. Nagi reminds me of t hose type of guys who just barks real loud and shows off how strong they think they are when actually they aren't really that strong. :lol:
Christian
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Christian »

Hi, people :D Great forum these!

I just can say

Bunshichi is the BEST!!!
He should have an manga just for himself. And that not just because he is soooo cool. He is a inmense worked out character and it heightens the quality of history a lot.
An argentinean lost in Germany
- Be like the water -
blackkenshi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by blackkenshi »

Hmm... What would you guys do if they killed of Bunsichi? Just a thought
hyperboomer
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by hyperboomer »

My Fav has to be Maya, followed by Mitsuomi and Aya...Maya's character is much deeper than people think. Even though on the surface she seem like selfish and somewhat naugty (sp?) but after reading the "past" Story, I finally understand why she act the way she do...Same with Mitsuomi.

although the main characters are very impressively developed, The comedy team (Bob, Masataka and Asshat) is what really lighten up this otherwise violent and somewhat dark Manga...The face Asshat had when Bob showed his impressive "power" in Vol. 9 is priceless...~_^

BTW, anyone know what Maya's 3-sizes are? I know Aya's is 91-59-88 (which translate to 36-23-35) and apperently Maya is even bigger than that...(Don't we all wish our GF or Wife had that kind of figure?)