something of interest

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

jas7
Yuurei
Yuurei

something of interest

Post by jas7 »

Hello all,

So, yeah, I guess i'm new and stuff. ^^;

Anyway, thought I'd share something with you all... all you Tenjo Tenge addicts.

This was my final for motion graphics 1. The final project was to use the criteria provided with still images to create an animation. I used some of the Tenjo Tenge manga frames and images. Hope you guys (and Fugu) don't mind. Go easy on me! ^^;

Anyway, my project was greatly praised by the class, but because I didn't fit a certain key criteria. I got points deducted. Personally, it can be pushed alittle more dramaticly. Sorry about the quality, I tried to improve it as best as I can and still keep it under 5MB. ^^;

http://www.geocities.com/sp777_us/01.htm
Shishio-sama
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Shishio-sama »

Sadly, I could not see it for your Bandwidth limit on Geoshitties has been exceeded.
- The Juppon Gatana -
http://www.thejuppongatana.com
*Japanese translators needed.*
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Bummer, traffic limit exceeded. I wanted to see it too. Oh well.

I don't mind you using the images from TJTG - I'm not the copyright holder. Oh! Great or Shyueisha might have something different to say on the matter though.

fugu

BTW, I just picked up three interesting looking manga today. Maybe I'll bring back some more stuff if any of it is actually any good. (Dogs by Mitsuwa Shirou, Samurai Gun by Kumadani Kazuhiro, and Daydream by Okuse Saki.)
jas7
Yuurei
Yuurei

Wow!

Post by jas7 »

ugh, damn, i'll find another location for the file ^^;
Starakin
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Starakin »

Man, that's really cool!
I liked it.
jas7
Yuurei
Yuurei

thanks! ^o^

Post by jas7 »

Glad you like it! :D

Been trying to find some decent webspace for the file, my school server only allows 5MB for website development. Geocities is just plain crap, i'm thinking of spaceports, but i'm not so sure... ^^;

Originally, I planned to make it a minute long. I still might, but since it turned out that way it seemed cool enough. :lol:
SkullKnight
Tamashii
Tamashii

ah man

Post by SkullKnight »

I downloaded it and played it, all I'm getting is a snip of techno and no images. darn.... did I do something wrong?

oh by the way what song is that, I don't normally like techno but I like that one. oh wait you mentioned it already.
Out of doubt, out of dark to a day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!
jas7
Yuurei
Yuurei

??

Post by jas7 »

Hmm, that's odd, it was encoded with dvix 5.0.5 (http://www.divx.com) on there. That 'could' be it, If no images aren't showing and your only hearing the music then it could be the video codec. I'm not too sure. ^^;;
The_Shape
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by The_Shape »

Very nice. The resolution wasn't that great, but it was nice still. You should burn this in its 150MB version on a cd and sent it to Og Great or something... Or maybe make a better-looking 10 or so Meg version and send him an e-mail with the link or whatever. I bet he woudl like seeing that.
SkullKnight
Tamashii
Tamashii

.....woah...

Post by SkullKnight »

You da masta! Seriously that is great work! what is your major anyway?

I"m majoring in graphic design, I"m in my 4th year and I still haven't done anything like that. I must be going at a snails pace its frustrating!. I'm taking a digital art class this fall so I hope to use similar interests :wink: in my work.
Out of doubt, out of dark to a day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!
jas7
Yuurei
Yuurei

Thanks!

Post by jas7 »

The_Shape> Thanks! Yeah, I wanted to make the resolution bigger, but because the file size constraints I couldn't really do anything about it, that's the best I could probably do. Besides, geocities *cringes* only allows a 5MB upload and that's the only webspace I can grab at the moment. ^^;
I'm hoping to improve on it, possibliy animate something and expand it by a minute and a half. Possibly put a whole song on. I dunno.

Skullknight> Hehe! Thanks, glad you were able to view it! I'm majoring in Media Arts & Animations. I'm hoping soon that I will be able to produce a short 3D and/or 2D animation before I graduate, which is in 2 years. ^^;
The graphic designers at my school are taking the motion graphics classes along side with the animators so I'd imagine you will be running into this type of deal soon.

Thanks for the comments folks! It's very much appreciated! Get me hyped up for another project! ^_^