Next volume

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

SkullKnight
Tamashii
Tamashii

Next volume

Post by SkullKnight »

anybody know when the next volume will be released?
Out of doubt, out of dark to a day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

It wasn't out while I was there - I didn't ask around, but it might be a while. Tenjo Tenge was not in this month's Ultra Jump...? That confused me a bit. Anyway. I'll keep my ears open, and import it when it comes out. If I'm lucky, there will be another pre-order + get a cool thing with it deal.

fugu
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

It wasn't out while I was there - I didn't ask around, but it might be a while. Tenjo Tenge was not in this month's Ultra Jump...? That confused me a bit. Anyway. I'll keep my ears open, and import it when it comes out. If I'm lucky, there will be another pre-order + get a cool thing with it deal.

fugu
raz0r
Yuurei
Yuurei

bummer

Post by raz0r »

:cry: I waited so long...
Dart
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Dart »

As long as it will eventually be released, I'll wait as long as I have to since I'm such a big fan
Don't hate me because I'm annoying
koko775
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by koko775 »

i looked today, and still no vol 10.

i bought volumes 1-10 of GTO and there's no translations on the web! :(

i paid for it...so _why_ can't i read it?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

koko775 wrote: i bought volumes 1-10 of GTO and there's no translations on the web! :(

i paid for it...so _why_ can't i read it?
Why should you expect translations to exist? TokyoPop is releasing GTO, so you can just buy them in English from them.

Having said that, I did translate volumes 1-8 (and a bit of 9) and have the translations up on the web:

http://fugutabetai.com/software/gmao/co ... Trans.html

fugu
koko775
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by koko775 »

i'm a english speaking japanese person (who's only good at understanding spoken japanese and okay at japanese otherwise) in japan...'nuff said

(thank you so very much for the translations :o )

i generally dislike tokyopop, and i hear that they mangled some translations in GTO...so i got the japanese manga. The Kodansha bilingual comics, which are said to be good, are only up to volume 3 with no more (so i hear) planned.
SSH83
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by SSH83 »

Hm... There hasn't been a new TenjouTenge chapter in Ultra Jump for the past two months... or at least not in the electical 1-page preview format I check it with... Anyone knows why?
Shishio-sama
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Shishio-sama »

Oh Great! Saw breasts for the first time in real life and died from blood loss resulting from the ensuing nose bleed.
- The Juppon Gatana -
http://www.thejuppongatana.com
*Japanese translators needed.*
koko775
Yuurei
Yuurei

Re: ....

Post by koko775 »

Shishio-sama wrote:Oh Great! Saw breasts for the first time in real life and died from blood loss resulting from the ensuing nose bleed.
nah, he'd probably be unimpressed :o

i hope this doesn't die a quiet death, though if he's already started a new series then he might have abandoned this (without so much as finishing the story!)

When the anime comes out, it better have a suitable ending and have more story than just the manga.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Maybe he and his staff are bogged down with other projects? hmmm. It would really be disappointing if he leaves TT as it is for something else! It makes me wonder if TT is doing well in Japan or if it's at least profitable.
The_Shape
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by The_Shape »

Great is clearly bored with TT. Just look at how the art on Air Gear looks and how the recent TT art looks. When you get a panel actually done by Great, it just won't match his best work. AT ALL.

Frankly, after reading the first chapter of Air Gear i feel like spitting on Great's face.

But hey, it's his manga, he can do whatever he wants... I guess.
Tristan
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Tristan »

First stop:
http://ultra.shueisha.co.jp/00_HP2/hot_ ... _frame.htm

Scroll down abit, something of Tenjo Tenge is being released soon; be it an art book or the next volume, I'm not sure which.

Second stop:

http://www.s-manga.net/mens/index.html

Go to the Ultra-jump second, click the last page; It's got something on Tenjo tenge; a spread of Nagi and Bob with some info.

This took five minutes on the S-manga site mind you, but if you can translate, you'll find out what's going on with Tenjo Tenge.

PS: Ultra-jumps site has a synposis on each Tenjo Tenge chapter not in a volume so far:

http://ultra.shueisha.co.jp/UJ70/UJ70_tenjotenge.html

Add 1 to both..

http://ultra.shueisha.co.jp/UJ71/UJ71_tenjotenge.html

and repeat till you run out, so 72/72 73/73 etc.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Tristan wrote:
First stop:
http://ultra.shueisha.co.jp/00_HP2/hot_ ... _frame.htm

Scroll down abit, something of Tenjo Tenge is being released soon; be it an art book or the next volume, I'm not sure which.

No, that bit of news is about the launching of a convention and/or the opening of a store or something.

Agent Wax
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

The_Shape wrote:Great is clearly bored with TT.
Actually when I heard that he was working on Air Gear before he was even finished with TT, I already had the feeling that he was getting bored with TT too. It was like a suspicious move on his part. And just when things were finally moving on!

TT is better than Air Gear in my opinion. Well, I haven't read beyond two chapters of Air Gear yet, but I still love the characters in TT more. I just hope he continues TT until it's finished. Don't tell me he's going to leave it with the anime version to continue the story...! Think of all the possible changes and edits that's going to entail!
SSH83
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by SSH83 »

On this page:
http://ultra.shueisha.co.jp/00_HP2/from ... _frame.htm

It says something about Tenjou Tenge on the 8/18 and 7/18 entries. Do they mean temperary break? Seems like it, but my Japanese skillz sux like crap so... :oops:

Edit: It looks like the preview page of the Sept volume of Ultra Jump says Tenjou Tenge will be back on the October issue. Yey. :lol:
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

SSH83 wrote:On this page:
http://ultra.shueisha.co.jp/00_HP2/from ... _frame.htm

It says something about Tenjou Tenge on the 8/18 and 7/18 entries. Do they mean temperary break? Seems like it, but my Japanese skillz sux like crap so... :oops:

Edit: It looks like the preview page of the Sept volume of Ultra Jump says Tenjou Tenge will be back on the October issue. Yey. :lol:
8/18 says that "due to various reasons, Agharta and Tenjo Tenge have not appeared in print lately. Please bear with us. (Forgive / understand.)

7/18 says the same thing, but about Tenjo Tenge, Samurai Gun Gakkou, and Bastard!!

It says nothing about when TJTG might be back (on that page.)

fugu
Natsume Maya
Bushi
Bushi

Re: Next volume

Post by Natsume Maya »

SkullKnight wrote:anybody know when the next volume will be released?
17 October 2003.
ISBN 4-08-876519-2.
Natsume Danjou Maya.
http://natsumemaya.net/ (new website address)
blackkenshi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by blackkenshi »

Natsume Maya wrote:
SkullKnight wrote:anybody know when the next volume will be released?
17 October 2003.
ISBN 4-08-876519-2.
Where did you find out about this?
limubear
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by limubear »

natsume maya... that's the best news i've heard for a loooooooooooong time.

blackkenshi....
here's the link i got from allanime.org
http://comics-news.shueisha.co.jp/commo ... ndex2.html

but they actually got the news from natsumemaya (you prolly know this though)
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Good news. Looks like I need to take a trip down to Kinokunia...

fugu
SkullKnight
Tamashii
Tamashii

aha! ram!

Post by SkullKnight »

Oct.17 that is great! right near the time the english berserk comes out. LIfe is good.

just got 512mb of more ram and now I"m cruisin with a total of 768mb of SDram. Its not ddr but hey it works fine.

even this site loads noticeably faster.
Out of doubt, out of dark to a day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

This is DEFINITELY good news. But it's still a long wait, damn it. Oh well.... better late than never, I suppose.

Thanks for the info Natsume Maya!
Natsume Maya
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Natsume Maya »

The November 2003 issue of Ultrajump (on sale 18 October 2003) will come with a "Remixed Version Cover" of volume 10 of the TenTen manga, ie an alternate jacket for the manga which you can use instead of the standard jacket which will come with the volume.
Natsume Danjou Maya.
http://natsumemaya.net/ (new website address)
hitori
Bushi
Bushi

November

Post by hitori »

Wow, that November issue comes with a lot of good stuff.
Maybe I should order it this time... :shock:

FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

kujoe wrote:This is DEFINITELY good news. But it's still a long wait, damn it. Oh well.... better late than never, I suppose.

you also realize that it will take me a while to translate too, right? So you'll have to wait a lot longer than Oct. 17th for translations (probably about 2 weeks per chapter I guess. That's a comfortable speed for me.)

fugu
hyperboomer
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by hyperboomer »

Impressive job Fugu-kun, I read the Chinese version of Ten Ten and from waht I seen, you hit the right wording just about every time, Great Job!

I dunno if it just me, But I found that most manga (animes too) DO NOT translate well in english. Maybe it's because that english and Japanese differ so much in grammer and vocab...and it appear to me that whoever those cmpany hire to translate just "don't quite get it"...Sad thing cause Manga and Anime are a wonderful form of entertainment and should be shared to anyone...

Hey Fugu-kun, ever thought about being a Translator? ~_^

Best regards,

Hyperboomer
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

hyperboomer wrote:Impressive job Fugu-kun, I read the Chinese version of Ten Ten and from waht I seen, you hit the right wording just about every time, Great Job!
My guess would be more often than the chinese version - the Chinese version of Great Teacher Onidzuka was way off from the Japanese version frequently. Unless it is an official release (and most aren't) then I wouldn't put too much weight on it.
hyperboomer wrote: I dunno if it just me, But I found that most manga (animes too) DO NOT translate well in english. Maybe it's because that english and Japanese differ so much in grammer and vocab...and it appear to me that whoever those cmpany hire to translate just "don't quite get it"...Sad thing cause Manga and Anime are a wonderful form of entertainment and should be shared to anyone...

Hey Fugu-kun, ever thought about being a Translator? ~_^

Best regards,

Hyperboomer
No, this is just a hobby.

fugu
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

FuguTabetai wrote:you also realize that it will take me a while to translate too, right? So you'll have to wait a lot longer than Oct. 17th for translations (probably about 2 weeks per chapter I guess. That's a comfortable speed for me.)
hmmm... Now that you mention it, I actually did forget about that. Sorry about that, fugu.

But what I really wanted to say was that it's great that we get news that the next chapter has a definite (or tentative) release date.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

kujoe wrote:
FuguTabetai wrote:you also realize that it will take me a while to translate too, right? So you'll have to wait a lot longer than Oct. 17th for translations (probably about 2 weeks per chapter I guess. That's a comfortable speed for me.)
hmmm... Now that you mention it, I actually did forget about that. Sorry about that, fugu.

But what I really wanted to say was that it's great that we get news that the next chapter has a definite (or tentative) release date.
Well, you are welcome to buy it yourself and read it on your own. You might have to wait for the translations to make sense of it, but I always encourage people to buy manga that they like. :)

fugu