Thoughts on Chiaki

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Gin
Yuurei
Yuurei

Thoughts on Chiaki

Post by Gin »

In my own pesonal opinion you guys (and Gals) are harsh on Chiaki. She may not have the biggest or most important part in the manga but she is really not that bad of a character. If you look at the extent of her part what did you expect, she is bobs girlfriend. And bob himself (although being a main character) doesn't have the biggest part in it either. i mean he is Nagi's friend and a great, creative, and funny character but certianly not the lead. So why pick on Chaiki for being a small character. Or if don't like her because of her personality or character design think back to the bowling alley fights. more specifically when Bob fights Mitsoumi, she loyally stands by Bob and gives him faith, though that may not seem like much to some of you I personally believe that that is one of the greatest things any girlfriend can do for her man. the world would be a happier place (i think) with more women like Chaiki.

P.S. I meant no harm to the other women of TJTG. For all of them are great in thier own ways.
The greatest tragedy in life is that there is no theme music.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Hey Gin. I'm with you on this one. I don't think she's that great, but I also think judgments on her have been a bit too harsh sometimes.

Actually I think Chiaki occupies a semi-important role that some readers may tend to miss. Unlike the rest, she's probably the most prominent "normal" character of the story. "Normal" - as in she doesn't fight, and doesn't possess any special ability whatsoever. I think her views on what's going on serve a purpose in the greater scheme of things.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I agree - I like Chiaki. She is a normal character, and not in on all the fighting stuff. She invites the question "why are they fighting?" in the larger sense. Also, remember the fills the role of allowing for the entire 4+ volume flashback sequence - when Tawara fills her in on the past.

Of course, I do not like the complete fan-service lesbo scene she and Aya had a while back, but I understand that that was just complete fan service...
The_Shape
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by The_Shape »

I like Chiaki too.

Actually, i like her better than Maya and Nagi, which are main characters and still manage to be boring as all hell.
Dart
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Dart »

I like Chiaki, just not as much as maya for some strange reason. :roll:
I also think it was a wise idea using her to explain the "past" story arc.
Don't hate me because I'm annoying