Madhouse announces Tenjho Tenge anime!!!

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

The_Shape
Kouhai
Kouhai

Madhouse announces Tenjho Tenge anime!!!

Post by The_Shape »

TT anime by Madhouse! WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

They're the best company when it comes to action! Only company with better animation is IG, but Madhouse is THE actioon house! Yeeessss!!!!

Whoooooooo!!!!!!!
Dart
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Dart »

I'm confused, is this a good a bad thing? "ike increasing the chances of the manga getting licensed?
Don't hate me because I'm annoying
Starakin
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Starakin »

very interesting, let's wait and see.
pezzy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by pezzy »

did they do the ninja scroll tv series? cause i thought that sucked :?

no offence to any of the ninja scroll tv series fans :D
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

That is good news. I wonder if any american company will pick up the anime or manga?

I somehow just don't see an american company picking up the manga of Tenjo Tenge without making lots of cuts. Which would really suck.
The_Shape
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by The_Shape »

Ninja Scroll TV was made with american money for the american market. Ninja Scroll is not popular at all in Japan, so the american company that'll release the R1 DVDs are the ones that approached Madhouse to do a tv show.

Madhouse also did CCS, X TV, Angelic Layer, the Ninja Scroll movie, Vampire Hunter D OAV and Movie...
pezzy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by pezzy »

ooo i see :o
The_Shape
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by The_Shape »

Yeah, it was kinda like

US COMPANY
Hey, we want you to do a Ninja Scroll tv series.

Madhouse staff laughs out loud.

US COMPANY
Here's the money.

MADHOUSE STAFF
Uh... Ok.

Same thing is happening with Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2041. BGC240 Only sold well in US (it's crap, after all), so it's only being done because ADV is paying for it.

Thankfully, this sometimes brings good stuff, like Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (one of the best tv series ever), which was only made because GITS is so popular outside of Japan.

Hopefully, TT anime will be better than Ninja Scroll TV. Oh hell, it will be.

I mean, unless they do major rewrites and make it a filler show (like they did with Chobits), TT already will have much better story and characters.
pezzy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by pezzy »

'US COMPANY
Hey, we want you to do a Ninja Scroll tv series.

Madhouse staff laughs out loud.'

LOL :D

yeah i think it will be pretty good too considering most of the stuff madhouse does are good
Tommy-kun
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Tommy-kun »

This will be really something to look forward to.
Where in the world did you find that news =^.^=

Well, keep us updated :wink:

Tom
profbobo
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by profbobo »

FuguTabetai wrote:That is good news. I wonder if any american company will pick up the anime or manga?

I somehow just don't see an american company picking up the manga of Tenjo Tenge without making lots of cuts. Which would really suck.
Tokyopop is running Battle Royale unedited, and I'm pretty sure Studio Proteus doesn't censor things, either, so Dark Horse would probably run it uncut as well.
The_Shape
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by The_Shape »

profbobo wrote:
FuguTabetai wrote:That is good news. I wonder if any american company will pick up the anime or manga?

Tokyopop is running Battle Royale unedited, and I'm pretty sure Studio Proteus doesn't censor things, either, so Dark Horse would probably run it uncut as well.
Battle Royale was re-written as all hell. Tokyopop is CRAP.

Proteus does edit. Quite a bit, actually.

Two recent examples? Shadow Star and Exaxxion will be/are edited.
pezzy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by pezzy »

The_Shape knows all 8)
profbobo
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by profbobo »

Rewritten doesn't constitute censorship ... although I'll agree that Keith Giffen's translation leaves something to be desired.

Exaxxxion isn't censored, and Shadow Star (as far as I know) was only censored because it had content that CAN'T be published in the United States. From Toren Smith:
I'm sure I covered the Shadow Star controversy recently ... somewhere ... but, to recapitulate, I am fully aware of what happens in the upcoming stories and I submitted a proposal to the artist last year that consisted of some alteration of the artwork, removal of two pages, and a request for him to redraw one panel. It was accepted earlier this year and we will be moving ahead with the series. Some of the changes will be restored in the collection, but some will remain.

The material was very nearly as shocking in Japan as I'm sure you found it, but I will defend Kitoh by saying it is well-written and very appropriate to the story and characters. It is a shame the situation in America is such that we could never publish it as originally drawn.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Profbobo wrote:
Exaxxxion isn't censored, and Shadow Star (as far as I know) was only censored because it had content that CAN'T be published in the United States
Just out of curiosity, what exactly is the material that can't be published?

Rewritten doesn't constitute censorship
That would depend on the purpose or reason for rewritting...

Agent Wax
The_Shape
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by The_Shape »

profbobo wrote:Rewritten doesn't constitute censorship ... although I'll agree that Keith Giffen's translation leaves something to be desired.

Exaxxxion isn't censored, and Shadow Star (as far as I know) was only censored because it had content that CAN'T be published in the United States. From Toren Smith:
I'm sure I covered the Shadow Star controversy recently ... somewhere ... but, to recapitulate, I am fully aware of what happens in the upcoming stories and I submitted a proposal to the artist last year that consisted of some alteration of the artwork, removal of two pages, and a request for him to redraw one panel. It was accepted earlier this year and we will be moving ahead with the series. Some of the changes will be restored in the collection, but some will remain.

The material was very nearly as shocking in Japan as I'm sure you found it, but I will defend Kitoh by saying it is well-written and very appropriate to the story and characters. It is a shame the situation in America is such that we could never publish it as originally drawn.
Wait and see how Exaxxion is going to be handled. Then come back here and tell me if i was right or not. I could just shut you up by quoting the person that said that, but i will not, since you chose to act like i was lying.

Shadow Star will be edited too - Toren can shove it for all i care. If they can't release a part of a manga, they shouldn't RELEASE THE MANGA AT ALL.

What's next?

"Oh well, i want to release Tenjho Tenge but i will just remove all offensive lines and Chiaki's rape and Asshat's babe squad and the incest tone and..."

Give me a break!

You wanna a kid's manga, buy a damn kid's manga! Don't butcher the whole thing to turn it in what it is not!

Toren is the biggest arse in history of manga editors.

And re-writing IS editing.

Wax, answering your question...

SPOILERS

In Exaxxion, it's a sex scene with oral sex and a facial ejaculation. In Shadow Star, it's a girl getting a finger though her vagina and stomach, then split in two. Those are the scenes i assume are going to be edited. They're the "worst", AFAIK.

But none of those are "shocking" at all. I've seen much worse, even in Mr. Arse Toren's own titles.

Not to mention, sex scenes and nudity with kids in manga/comics are not considered ilegal anymore in the US (probably the last country where that was still considered illegal).

Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Are you sure about Exaxxion? I own the chinese editions and I don't remember any facial creamings.
I do know for a fact, however, that Proteus censored Seraphic Feather.

You wanna a kid's manga, buy a damn kid's manga! Don't butcher the whole thing to turn it in what it is not!
Right on! The problem, however, doesn't lie just with the editors, but with society's perception of comics as children's entertainment.

Agent Wax
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Agent Wax wrote:Right on! The problem, however, doesn't lie just with the editors, but with society's perception of comics as children's entertainment.
Got a point there. After all, manga is widely published in Japan for several types of readers.

I just hope Madhouse won't disappoint me with their adaptation of TT! The fact still remains that Ninja Scroll TV was disappointing for me. Hope it won't be Ninja Scroll TV all over again.
The_Shape
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by The_Shape »

Agent_Wax wrote:Are you sure about Exaxxion? I own the chinese editions and I don't remember any facial creamings.
I do know for a fact, however, that Proteus censored Seraphic Feather.
Does your version have the sex scene (vol. 05, IIRC)? It could be censored too.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Wait, Vol. 5? I only have up to 4...
In any case, I believe most of the scenes are intact in my editions, with the nude androids onsen and Hosuke's (gran)dad and mom (MILF! :twisted: ).

And for interest's sake, there are 2 main sources of chinese language editions of manga, Taiwan and Hong Kong. HK editions tend to more likely be censored (aside from having lower quality production values and costing more), which is why I don't go for them much. Taiwanese editions, on the other hand, aren't usually censored (I don't know about rewrites). After all, hentai titles are available uncut there.

Agent Wax
Natsume Maya
Bushi
Bushi

Re: Madhouse announces Tenjho Tenge anime!!!

Post by Natsume Maya »

From the October 2003 issue of Ultrajump:
It'll be a TV series, to commence broadcast in the (northern) spring.
More details in the November 2003 issue.
Natsume Danjou Maya.
http://natsumemaya.net/ (new website address)
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

It'll be a TV series, to commence broadcast in the (northern) spring
Man, that's just too bad. So much will have to be cut that it'll probably suck.

Agent Wax
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Isuzu »

Wow, great, an Anime to my fav Manga... I hope there's gonna be lots of Isuzu in it :twisted: