Tenjo tenge posters?

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

SkullKnight
Tamashii
Tamashii

Tenjo tenge posters?

Post by SkullKnight »

Anybody know if there are any posters for Tenjo tenge. I"ve got four Shirow masamune wallscrolls/poster (yea I know I"m strange) but I'm getting tired of them, they sorta look alike. Already preorderd the TT calendar to replace the Shirow Calendar for next year :D
Out of doubt, out of dark to a day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Well, there are little artworks in the front of each manga, but you can't take them out, without destroying them and your manga ... :(
SkullKnight
Tamashii
Tamashii

not necessarily

Post by SkullKnight »

an exacto knife would do the trick. But if you want to keep the manga in its entirety than yea removing it would be bad.
Out of doubt, out of dark to a day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!
Natsume Maya
Bushi
Bushi

Re: Tenjo tenge posters?

Post by Natsume Maya »

SkullKnight wrote:Anybody know if there are any posters for Tenjo tenge.
Now that you mention it, I don't recall ever having seen any TenTen posters. Only calendars and the pinups which appear in Ultrajump. Those pinups are slightly smaller than double the size of an Ultrajump page and basically the same as the colour pages at the start of each volume of the manga.
Natsume Danjou Maya.
http://natsumemaya.net/ (new website address)
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

So ... you can't buy big posters like you can find from Ghost In The Shell, Final Fantasy, etc ...
Natsume Maya
Bushi
Bushi

Re: Tenjo tenge posters?

Post by Natsume Maya »

Actually, I just realised one or two limited edition lithographs have been released in the past, but they're expensive. Perhaps around 30,000 yen each. Sorry, can't be bothered digging out the details... :)

Also, it's just been announced in the October 2003 issue of Ultrajump that if you collect the next three issues starting with the October issue, you can apply for a B2 size (515mm x 728mm) poster. See this page for a pic:
http://ultra.shueisha.co.jp/UJ82/UJ82Al ... _Tnjo.html
However, applications must be in by 18 December 2003 and I doubt they'll ship overseas.
Natsume Danjou Maya.
http://natsumemaya.net/ (new website address)
Chello
Tamashii
Tamashii

Volcano High School Similarities

Post by Chello »

About a year ago I picked up a Korean flick called Whasango AKA Volcano High School. Although it is not completely the same as Tengo there are some similarities too it.

The school has a lot of clubs, it is a fighting school, at first the teachers suck but then 4 awesome ones come in and clean up the school.

Anyone else check it out?

I like Tengo better because the story is a lot better as well as the fight scenes.