Tenjo Tenge Couples: who you like to see together?

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

hyperboomer
Yuurei
Yuurei

Tenjo Tenge Couples: who you like to see together?

Post by hyperboomer »

Greetings fellow Tenjo Tenge lovers:

Which TT characters would you like to see as a couple?

Example, some obivous ones...

Nagi + Aya
Bob + Chiaki

and some not-so-obvious ones...

Mitsuomi + Maya?
Nagi + Maya?
Mitsuomi + Emi?
Masataka + Aya?
Tawara + Chiaki?

What do you think?
kek
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by kek »

me+aya+maya :D
blackkenshi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by blackkenshi »

me+Aya+Maya+Chiaki+Mana(even though shes dead)+fang girl from Vol9+ Asshat's babe army
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Ahh, come on, Blackkenshi! Leave some for the rest of us! :(

1. Aya + Nagi
2. Isuzu + Mitsuomi
3. Maya + Masataka
4. Tawara + Nagi's mom
5. Asshat + Maya or Aya or Chiaki
6. Maya + Demon Clan Prince

And for the Yaoi and Yuri fans out there:

6. Maya + Chiaki :twisted:
7. Ishiyumi and Tagami :shock:

Agent Wax
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Yuri ? That being Lesbians ? Allways thought it was just a crazy Russian soldier playing with dynamite ....
Tachibana
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Tachibana »

I don't know why...I kinda like it the way it is..... :lol:
Bunshichi Lover
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Bunshichi Lover »

I'm a sucker for cannon pairings, but I am so TORN between

1. Mitsuomi and Maya [ ;-; ]
2. Mitsuomi and Emi [ ;-;!! ]

Both tragic. -sigh-

Souichirou paying more attention to Aya would be nice...as would Aya paying more attention to poor Masataka-kun. ;-;

And Chiaki belongs to Bob. ><!

and most importantly =p Bunshichi-kun belongs to me!
JM5000
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by JM5000 »

Mitsuomi and Maya

Asshat should give Masataka some of his babes. :twisted:
Mysterio
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Mysterio »

nagi + maya

me + maya
hyperboomer
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by hyperboomer »

I think we can all agree that Masataka need a woman in his life - the one that actually PAY ATTENTION to him...*sign*

Than again, can someone PLEASE tell me WHY so many chicks in the school like the guy like ASShat?

Perhaps, there IS hope for all wussies...

ASShat forever!
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

hyperboomer wrote:I think we can all agree that Masataka need a woman in his life - the one that actually PAY ATTENTION to him...*sign*

Than again, can someone PLEASE tell me WHY so many chicks in the school like the guy like ASShat?

Perhaps, there IS hope for all wussies...

ASShat forever!
It's a joke. But I assume the "reason" is his pretty-boy style, because it sure isn't anything else.

fugu
Christian
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Christian »

Chiaki + the raging bull in TT n
An argentinean lost in Germany
- Be like the water -
pezzy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by pezzy »

nagi's mum and one of the old guys like mitsuomis dad hohoho :shock:
Spawn
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Spawn »

I want Masataka + Maya

but it's impossible ... :cry:
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Isuzu »

I think Soichiro doesn't deserve a cute girl like Aya, she should go for Masataka, he really adores her and would do anything she wants - not the worst prospect for a girl, isn't it? *g*

Anyway, Maya should get together with Mitsuomi - he hasn't killed her brother, it was Mana who did so, and I think Isuzu would just not fit. I don't mean that she deserves to be alone, but Maya & Mitsuomi simply is the better couple, in my point of view.

Perhaps, Bunshichi would fit... yes, he would, they already had a quite funny encounter, and Isuzu has got lots to give to him as well *fg*
In the German translation, when Bunshichi asks her if Isuzu would mind if he spanked her a bit, she says something like "If you want my body that bad, come and take it... but I hope you like sadomaso!" (roughly translated from German into English) - I guess, they'd be quite happy together :D

Bob and Chiaki are quite good, and Soichiro should get someone totally different - what about putting him together with, lets say, a bunch of kicks in his butt? :twisted:
Last edited by Isuzu on Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EndersChaos
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by EndersChaos »

I've always been a sucker for main characters and obvious couples, so I'm of course rooting for Maya and Mitsuomi to get together again, and Nagi to finally accept that he likes Aya.

But other than that I think it would be interesting if there was some sort of relationship that first crossed the line other than Maya and Mitsuomi.....I'm thinking like Isuzu and Masataka. ;) Just because they've both been neglicted and ignored by the person they love.
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Isuzu »

EndersChaos wrote:I'm thinking like Isuzu and Masataka. ;) Just because they've both been neglicted and ignored by the person they love.

Hmmm, that's a nice idea, I think that would work, too...
zombi3d
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zombi3d »

*pictures masataka handcuffed and getting slapped by a leather strapped isuzu*

ECCHI!!!! :oops:
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Isuzu »

zombi3d wrote:*pictures masataka handcuffed and getting slapped by a leather strapped isuzu*

ECCHI!!!! :oops:

Hmmm, that's not the worst thing in the world, is ist? :twisted:
zombi3d
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zombi3d »

hehehe

*can continue to picture other obsene situation involving candles, nipple rings and lubricant but fears for the safety of fellow underage boogers*
sweetkenji17
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by sweetkenji17 »

Maya + Nagi
or
Me + Nagi
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Maya & masataka

I think it works, Didn't he join her group instead of be one of his brother croonies. He must feel something for her. Cuz it doesn't seem like he totaly hates his bro to want revenge on him. Remember "Did my brother say anything about me" and then B replys "no". Its too bad Masa isn't the hero, imagine is he traded places with nagi, having the 2 main heroines fighting over him. His nose would have lost soo much blood by now :shock: .

Maybe he just likes maya's other form :twisted: . J/K
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

pv82 wrote:Maya & masataka
Masataka totally loves Aya. I don't think he'd be interested in Maya - he respects her as the captain and his sempai. But he's hot for Aya.

fugu
Kagutsuchi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Kagutsuchi »

Haha, I think Masataka + Maya would be sort of nice. But yeah, that's pretty much 0% chance to happen.

I really would like to see how they met though. I'm sure all of you notice these two seem to be really good friends.. and I find this odd/unexplained.

Examples: Maya seems to have high expectations from Masa, commenting when he should be more disciplined and she was disappointed at him being beat up at the bowling alley. She also rides his shoulder when in chibi form =P. Plus for at least 1 whole year he's the only one that stuck with her in the dojo which Kurei and Asshat were AWOL.

Anyhow, the point is.. being that he's Mitsuomi's bro it had to have been really awkward when they first met right? I'd be nice to see how they overcame that.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

So i guess there really is no one to pair up with Masa :( :x . man, Bob gets chiaki, Shin got Maya, Nagi is gonna end up one of the natsume girls, Even his bro has Izumu (although it's kinda wierd, dont' u think after about three mintutes of them being intamate somethng happens, Like "BALLON" :shock: or Mit starts dieing). I guess he might settle for one of the girls @ his school.
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Post by burrowowl »

pv82 wrote:So i guess there really is no one to pair up with Masa :(
Naw, Masa gets Aya because Nagi gets Bob. After ten volumes of Aya throwing herself at Nagi, I'm pretty sure he isn't interested in women. This was reconfirmed by the encounter with Asshat's guards. :)
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

I had feeling about that :wink: . Nothing wrong with the main character liking guys. But would that make Bob BI ???
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

here is my opinion

Masataka and Isuzu would have some kind of encounter in future issues (hopefully soon) and end up either working together in some way or fighting eachother. The outcome would have them feeling something towards eachother which would continue later on.

Aya obviously wants Souichiro maybe a little too much and doesn't want Masataka from what I've seen. So maybe Souichiro will start to like Aya or even girls later.

Bob has Chiaki

Maya and Mitsuomi are made for each other and hopefully something will happen with them again. To be completely honest, it's already almost eleven volumes into the story and not much has happened on the "couples" front so Oh! Great should hurry up with who he thinks will be together.
Kagutsuchi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Kagutsuchi »

Masa and Isuzu... fight together? Sure. Become friends? Also likely. Develop feelings? I really doubt that.

How likely is it for Aya to give up on Nagi? It's basically the same deal for Masa chasing Aya. Both were "love at first sight" type things and both are unrequited loves. If anything, Masa is a guy and should be more aggressive/persistent in chasing Aya.

As much as I like Masa, it definitely seems he'll end up alone. Unless something really unexpected happens.

As for Nagi and Bob... I won't even comment on that one. :P
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

In my opinion, too many couples (as in 4 main couples or more) would be detrimental in the overall scheme of things. With enough focus on Aya and Nagi, I hope Oh! Great would keep Maya and Mitsuomi (if it's they will be paired up once again) on an implicit or understated level.

I mean seriously--we're not that clueless, are we?

And, oh I'm not really that against with the current setup so far--even the Nagi-Aya setup. It's probably because of their connection due to having spiritual powers that have such huge trade-offs that there's still good room for some development. They can relate to each other at least in that sense. (Hmmm. With regard to Masa, Aya indeed has a similar situation wherein she's fallen in love with someone who doesn't notice her--but that's gradually changing as of late.)

Even though Nagi is a moron, at least he's not going mushy over Aya and vice versa--which I would really hate btw. Well, probably because he's still into Maya, but whatever. I think Masa is the type of guy who needs an older woman who'll be more dominant than he is in a relationship. Er...or maybe that's because I'm the type of guy who prefers older women... :P
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

I still think Maya and Masa would be a good couple, It might never happen in the manga, but After everything is done and everyone has gone thier own ways I think those 2 will stay together. Plus I think Masa should get Maya and not Mitsuomi, He's already had too many gals. Masa should get Maya say "In your face Takayanagi Mitsuomi you greedy bastard :x ".

<Man, why do feel so bad for the manga's Comic relief???> :?
Kagutsuchi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Kagutsuchi »

Mitsuomi and Maya will have their moment back together. But he's gonna die soon afterwards anyway, either by Nagi or by pushing himself too hard. I don't see why everyone is pushing for him and Maya as a couple :P .

Deep down I'm a sucker for lost causes too though...
co0l
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by co0l »

Kagutsuchi wrote:
Deep down I'm a sucker for lost causes too though...
most of us are -_-;;

well I wanted to see

masataka & aya

and umm kinda messed up, but I wanted to see

shin & maya...

I think it's actually pretty sad that maya didn't know what she had until she lost it...
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

co0l wrote: and umm kinda messed up, but I wanted to see

shin & maya...
Um, they are siblings.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

INCEST :shock: :twisted: .
What about Nagi's Mom going all Mrs. Robertson on Masa. Ha! in your face Nagi.
Rev
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Rev »

I don't think we will have to worry about masa beening alone cause I have this feeling he made end up with that crazy ass girl from F. I didn't see any of the fight when she attacked but I know masa most likely won it and she will probably fall in love with him cause she got beat up. It will be the same with nagi falling for maya cause she kick his ass by throwing him out the window.
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Post by burrowowl »

FuguTabetai wrote:
co0l wrote: and umm kinda messed up, but I wanted to see

shin & maya...
Um, they are siblings.
and that's exactly what is messed up about it.

Let's take it a step further: they're siblings, and one of them is dead. I can't think of many ways to conceive of a more messed up romantic relationship.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Ieuw !!! NEcrophelia, gross :x

Anyway, someone implied that Nagi might be gay, well he kissed Maya, so ...

And I don't see Masataka and Isuzu 'teaming up' since Isuzu seems to be all over Mitsuomi, ... Maybe that's why she hates Maya ^^
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

It's probably just me, but my sixth sense is telling me that something tragic is going to happen to Isuzu, seeing how much she devotes herself to Mitsuomi. She kinda reminds me of Mana I suppose, but I guess I'm also stretching the comparison too far.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Ive been rereading the manga lately and I feel the same way. About Iz, she may be caught up in the middle of situation where mit loses his mind and goes nutz and she tries to stop him. I don't think she really hates the Juk, (didn't she team up with Masa & Bob to fight in the last issues Ujump). They might set up the situation where she tries to stop Mit. I think that her and Masa one of the characters that might not make it through the end of the series.
LoneWolf
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by LoneWolf »

Masataka + Aya 4 ever!!!!!!!!

Nagi 'fork-hair boy turned god' can go fu<k himself! I hate that that character so much I've stop reading the manga now (stopped at Vol.8 somewhere. I flicked through the next few volumes and its basically about Nagi and Aya getting closer and closer)! I was thinking of stop reading the manga as soon as Nagi became the main character and basically displayed god like powers (I hate main characters who are full of themselves, talks like a prick, acts like a prick and fights like a prick). The only thing that kept me going was to see if Masataka becomes kick ass and see if he gets the girl.

I hate the way how its always cocky characters like Nagi that advance on to become god like fighters or whatever the topic of the manga or anime is on. Why can't it be a normal, decent guy for once... like Masataka? To be honest though, Nagi and Bob pissed me off from the start. Bob got better as a character on the whole, whereas Nagi got more annoying and cocky.

I also hate the way Aya is soooooo attached to that bast@rd! Aaaaah! Basically the only thing that was interesting were the fights where Nagi wasn't fighting or being all cocky and saying stuff like: "I'll beat you in 3 minutes", "Out of my way, small fry", "I'm god fear me mortals", etc. God... I hate that character so much hahaha! He killed the manga for me......

Anyway that's my rant. Oh by the way, someone should tell me if Masataka gets a nice girl in the next few volumes maybe in 11 or 12 or something, I'll start reading it again, haha. I hope Nagi falls into a pit and dies :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Okaaaay... Man, if you're just reading the manga to see whether Masataka gets the girl, then you're really missing the point.

As for your question why can't it be guys like Masataka--what are you talking about? There are a lot of manga/anime where "decent guys" like Masataka are the main characters. In fact, they get all the girls. Or is your question specifically for this specific genre? My opinion with regard to Tenjo Tenge in particular is because a guy like Masataka cannot carry the atmosphere of the main story as a "main character". He lacks personality or he's not as "screwed up" as the rest of the cast. How can you make such a character the main protagonist when the bulk of the story is composed of characters whose issues are symptomatic of their struggles? Well, Masataka does have a problem of his own, but so far it's nothing compared to the rest. It's not just about having the "cool" guy getting the main role.

I'm not trying to convince you that Nagi is a better character personality-wise either. On the other hand, Nagi is actually more subversive as a character to some extent. He just "fits"--at least more so than Masataka. Besides, the good thing about TT is that the supporting characters are actually just as interesting as the prominent ones. Some are more interesting even. Don't worry though. I think Masataka will eventually get fleshed out in the later chapters.
Last edited by kujoe on Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LoneWolf
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by LoneWolf »

Sorry. Yeah I actually mean for this type of genre that the cocky one is the main character that in the end becomes a fighting god. One anime with a similar main character that springs to mind is Scryed.

Well, the story of TT on the whole is kind of scattered with everyone with their own sort of objectives, although the main thing right now, well up to Vol. 8 that I've read to, is to take down Mitsuomi and his company, to end this battle once and for all. Who fits better than Masataka, the younger brother who is kicked out along with his father to live somewhere else? Instead Masataka is protrayed to basically not care really, when Oh!Great could have done a bit more than just having Mitsuomi kicking the two of them out without any dialogue between the two brothers. (I mean by simply killing off his father that could have caused tension between them, since I don't see the father's purpose anymore other than train up Nagi, as I noticed when I flicked through Vol. 9&10. ) Masataka wouldn't really lack personality if Oh!Great had actaully given him a few scenes of his own so it could be built up :-P Instead though all he's there to do is to get kicked, neglected, ignored, <insert other words here>. The bit that I actually thought something was going to happen with Masataka and Mitsuomi is when the meet at they bowling alley. The way that Mitsuomi knocks Masataka out and says something like 'You're not ready...you need to get stronger" hinted that they would challenge each other later on, after Masataka does some extensive training. However, apparently not. Or maybe its much later, when Mitsuomi has already been beaten by Nagi at least once or there is someone stronger than Mitsuomi and Nagi can't be bothered to fight Mitsuomi 'the small fry' Takayanagi.

In the end, nothing is better than a bit of sibling rivlary :-P
Siblings trying to kick the crap outta each other > All others
However, in the end end I guess
Oh!Great > AllOtherOpinions

Edit: By the way, I'm not reading the manga to see whether he gets the girl or not. Its just a 'by-product' that I wanted to think this way since he doesn't get noticed and he's the first character whose thoughts the readers can 'hear'/see. (Other than Maya's narration at the beginning.) I was reading the manga for the story and plot and the characters. There's nothing more off putting than to have a nice story to begin with, only to have a character you hate to spoil it. It's like giving the role of Neo from The Matrix to Jason Biggs or the 'stifler guy', both from American Pie. I would just piss myself laughing. Just imagine them saying the stuff Keanu Reeves (Neo) has to say in the film and still look serious! :-D
Last edited by LoneWolf on Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Well, the way I see it is that Masataka will be the last man standing, since he's telling the story ...

The manga begins with him telling a story, "A long time ago, when our school was still ..."

So, if you ask me, the manga will end when Masataka is older and since he's telling the story, he'll be the 'main character' in the end ...
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

[quote="Banorac"]Well, the way I see it is that Masataka will be the last man standing, since he's telling the story ...quote]

Doesn't Maya Narate @ one point or is it only Masa?? I'm hoping his does last that long but Oh! great could always switch off the narration to someone else. Althought it's kinda wierd, that the <comic relief> of this series is telling the story??

I also like lone wolf lost interest in the manga after the sudden down play in Masa character<Tenge tenjo is a great manga, dare I say the greatest!!!, but U can help but feel a little cheated when ur fav character is being treatd like the orphen child no one wants> . I made the mistake of thinking that Masa would end up with a bigger role, seeing as how he is telling the story and he did give Nagi a huge scare in the first few chapters <hole in the floor, could have been Nagi's head>. I still got hope for the guy and hope he ends up developing more and getting someone. Aya is totally out of the question, although i think she was trying to "set traps" for him when she slept over, wasn't she?? Maya &Izuzu are still creaming over Mit, chialki can't live w/o bob. so much confusion???

[quote="kujoe"] I think Masataka will eventually get fleshed out in the later chapters. ...quote] Hopefully get some a$$ and not some Asshat. j/k
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

I'm pretty sure Masataka is the narrator :)

And I don't really see him as the comic relief, though he tends to draw attention to such situations ... In the manga he looks really cool, espacially in his fighting poses ... And when he stop's Nagi's punch with the chop stick WOOHOO !!! Coolest manga moment ever 8)

Though they made him look a tad dorky in the anime, it seems that girls like him, I just saw the ep for the 2nd time and when he evades Bob's punch and kinda slides Bob to the floor, you can see two girls looking all find of good ol' Masataka ^_^
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Oh, and this is just my opinion, but see for yourself :

If you ask me, Masataka looks 'hella cool' in this pic, where Mitsuomi looks like the dragqueen he seems to be in that 'present' time ..... I like Mitsuomi A LOT better in the whole Flashback episode :) He was more like Masataka back then ^^
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Geez, is Mit's clothes painted? The reason Mitsuomi looks like the dragqueen is because he is one :twisted: . J/k, My favorite pic is the page where Masa is kicking Nagi vertically <sorry, i don't know the correct name for that move>. They include that sequence in the intro to the anime but it looks like its not Nagi he's kicking but some other guy. BTW, Masa is still ranked number 3 of the character favorites on the poll Fugu set up <the fans have spoken, Ahead of both Mitsuomi & nagi>. So sorry to everyone for getting of the subject. How about Masa + all the school girls. There we go back on track. :wink: [/quote]
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Mitsuomi is the animated proof that guys shouldn't wear leather cat suits :twisted:

Man o man, that poll ... I remember voting for Maya on that one, it was before I really got into the story,and I regtret it now, since Masataka is my favo character :?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I could reset poll votes and we could start all over again...