Tenjo Tenge Couples: who you like to see together?

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Banorac wrote:Mitsuomi is the animated proof that guys shouldn't wear leather cat suits :twisted:
Selina Kyle gone totally wrong :twisted: .

I wonder how many people would vote :? :?: . Maybe a 2 polls, one for present and one for past. Masa is my fav on present and Tawara for past.
vesper
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by vesper »

I SAY Masataka should get Aya, poor bastard. Also Me and Maya all the way buddy. XD. Also, I think Mitsuomi and Maya but that's if I'm too lazy to kill Mistuomi myself. LOL.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

So you could, but would you ? :D
Fulsion
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Fulsion »

Sorta OT but didn't they screw up Mitsuomi's hair colour in the anime (IIRC in the manga it's browny colour like Masataka's, maybe a bit lighter, in the anime it's Maya's silvery/light purply colour). That's a bit of a mistake IMHO...
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Fulsion wrote:Sorta OT but didn't they screw up Mitsuomi's hair colour in the anime (IIRC in the manga it's browny colour like Masataka's, maybe a bit lighter, in the anime it's Maya's silvery/light purply colour). That's a bit of a mistake IMHO...
I agree wiht fulsion that they did a pretty good job of drawing Mit, I still hate the guy and think him & his F group need to get the S kicked out of them. hey did u see in the intro how when masa's name comes up it's like he's trying to blow a kiss or something. What up wit dat ??? that's more of an Asshat Mitsuomi or move if you ask me??? the anime does take some sort of freedom with hair color though, Aya and Masa is brown, and the whole maya hair color?
x-loc
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by x-loc »

Masataka is without a doubt the least annoying character in this manga. Masataka as the comic relief in the series? hahahaha
hardly. if anything that bunshichi is the funniest!! lol
that guy cracks me up!

Everyone neglect to noticed that Masataka is a major heart throb on campus. After the fight at the bowling alley, the next morning all the girls were screaming his name and saying how cool he is. This scene in itself shows how cool and popular he is with the female species. :wink:

I can see this unrequited love thing working but to fall in love with someone who's so Nagi crazy like Anya is beyond me. At least show us some broken heart facial expression Masataka!!! this gets my steam going.

Masataka + a new hottie who he over look at school

Doesn't look like Anya is going to come around her sense and ditch the miget forked head.

As for Maya and Mitsumi... obviously, it looks like if Mit puts alittle effort in Maya would be at his beck and call easily since she's still harboring some feelings for him ... even though he killed her brother. Well he did do her a favor by killing him, that incest b.s. doesn't fly with me very well. But Mit is DA MAN! I think Bob and him are the only 2 who are getting some action in the manga. Well, that Chika rape thing doesn't count, damn low life thug. Ashat .. we'll just leave him out of the subject since he's like GOD in that field...lol

But here's my foresite on this manga:
Nagi is gonna drop dead, of course he'll be consumed by the "dragon" in him ;)
Bob will live happily ever after with that chika chic.
Aya will be so broken hearted by Nagi's death and run to my man Masataka, and realize that he's the better choice and is the true HERO of this manga. :)
Maya will get with Mit and then he dies off after they get over their issues. oh how sad. Being so broken up by the turn of events she'd seek Bunshichi and falls in love with him. :wink:
And asshat dude, continues his merry party with the chics at school :D
oh and that last of the oni or whatever his name is, grows up and marries that fanged girl who got rapped. I have to tie that loose end up too :roll:

Now that I told you the future you can just chill with the cool drawings in this manga. :D :D

nuff said. :lol:
LoneWolf
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by LoneWolf »

Fugu, that a good idea actually! Not to reset the fav character poll but to save it. Start a new one. Then by the end of the series we can review that as time passes how the likeablility of the character changes :-D! Although you should have done it at like Vol. 3 and every other 3 volumes i.e. Vol. 6 , 9, 12, etc :-P
Man you can even have a graph chart results at the end of the series hahaaha. Okay okay, I know I'm getting too into this poll thing now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

X-Loc's fantasy alternate endings eh? :-D
BTW Mitsuomi doesn't phsycially kill Shin...that's why I'm guessing Maya isn't that pissed off with him LOL. Masataka is more of a support character right now, there's not much about him. I wanna see his past! Maybe a fight between the brothers!! Bwahaha...like I said sibling rivalry is the best! I'm not so sure if a Bob past would be so interesting though, probably just more sex with Chiaki! :-P

Edit: Just read the last sentence again. What am I saying!??!! I meant to say: Yayyyyyy for more Bob and Chiaki sex scenes! Hahaha
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

LoneWolf wrote:Well, the story of TT on the whole is kind of scattered with everyone with their own sort of objectives, although the main thing right now, well up to Vol. 8 that I've read to, is to take down Mitsuomi and his company, to end this battle once and for all. Who fits better than Masataka, the younger brother who is kicked out along with his father to live somewhere else? Instead Masataka is protrayed to basically not care really, when Oh!Great could have done a bit more than just having Mitsuomi kicking the two of them out without any dialogue between the two brothers. (I mean by simply killing off his father that could have caused tension between them, since I don't see the father's purpose anymore other than train up Nagi, as I noticed when I flicked through Vol. 9&10. ) Masataka wouldn't really lack personality if Oh!Great had actaully given him a few scenes of his own so it could be built up Instead though all he's there to do is to get kicked, neglected, ignored, <insert other words here>. The bit that I actually thought something was going to happen with Masataka and Mitsuomi is when the meet at they bowling alley. The way that Mitsuomi knocks Masataka out and says something like 'You're not ready...you need to get stronger" hinted that they would challenge each other later on, after Masataka does some extensive training. However, apparently not. Or maybe its much later, when Mitsuomi has already been beaten by Nagi at least once or there is someone stronger than Mitsuomi and Nagi can't be bothered to fight Mitsuomi 'the small fry' Takayanagi.

In the end, nothing is better than a bit of sibling rivlary
Siblings trying to kick the crap outta each other > All others
However, in the end end I guess
Oh!Great > AllOtherOpinions
I can understand your frustration regarding the potential for that kind of a development, but as for me, his very character itself just isn't subversive enough. Even with that kind of twist, he's still the type of guy who'll fight against a system in order to fix it and make it better. He's the type of guy who's not there to destroy it, nor does he project himself to me as someone who can at least pave the way for a new one to arise. Just compare him with Mitsuomi for instance--the guy practically threw his father out while Masataka takes him in. I just like characters who are more subversive for this kind of story and I can definitely associate myself more with the rebellious prick, as you'd like to put it, in this situation. I always try to keep a measure of detachment as much as possible however, so if I had it my way, Nagi (or at least the 'Nagi' as we know him) wouldn't be the main character here.

I've always been a "story first" type of a guy, so that's my bias. Character development on the other hand should trail along as its justified by the story. (Try watching Texhnolyze for instance and tell me if there's someone you really, really like there. Too bad the series is an acquired taste.) TT is not the best written story ever, but it's nevertheless interesting for me. Not to mention the artwork...

Sibling rivalry, huh? That could be a good story for sure, but that could also potentially disregard the other characters right now and just focus too much on the siblings in question. If their rivalry comes off as superficial or simply a matter of 'justice' or who's 'better', then forget it. They're still siblings, so there should be something that should create balance and make it feel real. I should know, because I'm in one right now. We don't beat each other up or anything like that, but you know....

And that's my opinion btw. In fact, all of us have been sharing our own opinions here.

On another note, I like the way it's Masataka who's narrating the story, or at least introducing it. It's coming from the point of view from someone who's not as screwed up as the rest of the cast, and I think that's a good touch. His views, or his voice just seems more "objective." I just wonder if this has some other significance that we're not seeing yet.
LoneWolf
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by LoneWolf »

To be honest, I am not frustrated because Masataka isn't the main character or anything. The only real thing that frustrates me and pisses me off is the fact that Nagi is the lead character and I don't like him. Lead characters normally mean insights to their past, their countless battles becoming stronger each time, their life in general, etc. i.e. More of him being cocky and pissing me off further. The idea of Masataka's story was just an example of what could have happened instead of this Nagi character leading it. BTW what is Nagi's real intentions? To get stronger? Is that it?!!

Since you bring up the sibling rivlary thing...I think this manga definitely needs at least a bit of this. It doesn't need to disregard the others since it could be a underlying development for the future. I dunno, Oh! Great could probably create something like killing off the father later when his father gets too close to something and Mitsuomi sends someone out to have him killed or something. I really don't know but siblings going at it with each other with hate in their eyes is just so....<insert word here>
Obviously this hate thing has got to be properly justified and currently there doesn't seem to be any way about this.

Just changing the focus from Nagi and his cocky attitude will keep me happy haha...
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

I understand. In my opinion, some insight into Masataka and Mitsuomi regarding their brotherly relationship is way overdue. But I'm not going to complain and whine about it too much. I just want to know why Masataka is with the Jyuukenbu and not with his family. Just that detail alone would've covered a few small holes. I wouldn't want another past arc, you know.
LoneWolf
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by LoneWolf »

Heh I'll try not to whine about Nagi too much :-D

But you know, the past arcs are waaaayyy much better than what's happening in the 'present'!

More about the past! Down with Nagi! :-P
Spawn
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Spawn »

Me too, I would like a past arc when Masataka arrives at the school, his first meeting with Maya and his relationship with Mitsuomi ... :?
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

I think we'll get a little past arc about Nagi's mother first ... Since there's been a couple of glances where she's fighting or taunting this guy with goggles ... KLinda looks like Nagi, his father maybe ?
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

I'm just hoping for a few flashbacks--ones that go on for a few chapters--and not story arcs that can span a few volumes. Insert a brand new story arc right now, and the manga will never get anywhere. I used to hear comments regarding the convoluted mess the story is in right now... Coming up with a new arc is one sure way of messing it up even more.
SynthTrance
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by SynthTrance »

hmmm...... how bout a flashback about Tawara? I really think they could talk more about him concerning his involvement with shin and why does he still bother to stay around?...
but kujoe is right about adding more 'arcs' that could mess things up so it's tough to find a good balance and a right moment to insert flashbacks/arcs
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Tawara was one of Shin's friends ( if not his best friend ), they were together in Katana ... There's a reason he sticks with Mitsumoi now, but I forgot :D