Dragon Eye Question

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Chello
Tamashii
Tamashii

Dragon Eye Question

Post by Chello »

On the roof of the Bowling Alley it seemed like Aya was using the Dragon's Eye, but she didn't have the cursed katana with her, I thought that her and Shin could only use it when using the katana. Is Aya actually able to use it without the sword then? Making her possibly the Natsume with the most potential?
Gin
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Gin »

This may be just a personale opinion but I believe that Oh Great! had not seen this far into his creation (Tenjo Tenge). I might be wrong but i think alot he just kind of...well made up as he went along. But come to think of it I think that nagi's mom said something about Aya haveing to practice using her "Dragons Eye" when Nagi was Practicing Against the "12 feathered general gods"
The greatest tragedy in life is that there is no theme music.
Chello
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Chello »

haha

yeah it does seem like he is kind of flying on the seat of his pants with this, although recently it seems like he is starting to make a pretty well structured story.

Even when writing as he goes he isn't doing such a bad job.
Bunshichi Lover
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Bunshichi Lover »

If you were paying attention to what Mr. Takayanagi was saying while Mana was holding Reiki and refusing to give it back to Shin, he was using the sword to help him control the Dragon's Eye. He used it all the time. Remember when he was fighting Mistuomi during that last fight? He said he could see his fate repeating over and over again.

The Dragon's Eye is an ability that is passed through the bloodline, not through Reiki. Remember when Shin had all those malicious spirits around them and little Aya walked over and he asked if she had seen them too? She said "yes". =/

It all fits nicely if you pay attention and take mental notes.
hitori
Bushi
Bushi

Natsume family

Post by hitori »

My impression is that the Natsume brother-sisters have differing degree of their hereditary Dragon Eye ability.

There is Shin, who is only able to use the DE when he has the Reiki.
Remember that Tawara was beaten senseless by him, but when the sword was taken by Mana, Shin is no longer able to predict Tawara's movements and in turn, gets defeated.
There also was the instance when he first touched Reiki (when he and Maya were very young) he went berserk because he had never before felt the overwhelming 'view' of the world the DE opened up for him.

Maya has no DE ability; with or without the Reiki.
She calls herself the 'inferior of the three' or 'the sheath', because under her possession, the sword has no power.

Aya is the one with the born ability of DE.
She can see and hear spirits, and sometimes 'activate' the DE and predict her opponents' moves.
But as it seems that the DE is not an 'always on' automatic ability, she seems to have to train to control it.
She has only recently realized this ability after all.

I don't think the Natsume siblings theme was created on a whim.
There is a reason there are three of them and the brother was long dead before the story began.
But I do think that Oh!Great is somewhat losing track now that the plot has become complicated.
As I remember, he's never worked on and completed any multi volume series of this length.
It's very tough I imagine.
Cheers and ganbare to Oh!Great. :D