Tenjo Tenge 10 !!!!

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Spawn
Tamashii
Tamashii

Tenjo Tenge 10 !!!!

Post by Spawn »

release 17/10

Marcus Falden
Tamashii
Tamashii

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Post by Marcus Falden »

yes finallyAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :lol: 8)
All's Fair in Love and War.
Marcus Falden
Tamashii
Tamashii

by the way

Post by Marcus Falden »

where could I get it please tell me it can be downloaded soon. or now perhaps maybe :lol:
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

It is released on October 17th in Japan; we've known this for a long time.

It is October 16th today. I'll call up Kinokunia over the weekend, and see if they have it.

But I won't be getting translations out anytime soon. This is just a hobby. You should buy it yourself if you are interested in it - please support manga that you like.

fugu
Bunshichi Lover
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Bunshichi Lover »

....I need that picture of Aya, that one right there where she's in the handcuffs >< Must make uber cool signature with that picture!!! ;x
Marcus Falden
Tamashii
Tamashii

yeah

Post by Marcus Falden »

I have all 1-9 volumes of tejo tengen I got them when I went to Osaka. However I can understand how it might take a while sense you dont really get paid for this but hey, look at how popular and how much attention you got by doing this even if its a hobby. I just wished I new Japanese, but unfortunatly I don't so I only found out about this through a friend of mine. So I guess keep up the good work, a lot of people depend on you for there regular Tenjo Tengen fix. 8)
The_Shape
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by The_Shape »

I hope the art in the latest chapters doesn't resemble the cover. It looks pretty bad. But that was expected. TT's art has been dropping for a long time, while Air Crap... I mean, Air Gear keeps looking better.

Still, the writing was pretty good lately and that's what really matters.

Take your time, Fugu. We all know you're not getting any money or chicks out of translating this, so... no rush.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

I hope the art in the latest chapters doesn't resemble the cover. It looks pretty bad
I like the cover. It gets me...uh, hot.

Anyway, a larger and better quality version of the cover, plus the first few pages of the tank featuring Nagi bullying The Kid, are available at www.s-manga.net.

Once you get into the site, click on any of the magazine cover icons at the top of the page. Wait for a new page to load. You can see a 'manga' icon at the bottom left corner. Click on that and the new page will load. Then, just select TT vol. 10 and a new window will open.

Agent Wax
Tsurumaru
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Tsurumaru »

hello i am french and this is my first post..... i have the chapter from ultra jump.... and this is HORRIBLE.........spoil ->

soichiro mother have no arm.... i think she lost them during a fight with F....and i so soichiro father !!!!!!!!!! AMAZING
shiina.... daisuki
Spawn
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Spawn »

Remixed Version Cover of Tenjo Tenge 10 in Ultra Jump n.11 (released on October 18th, 2003) !!

MASATAKA RULEZZZZZZZZZZ
Bunshichi Lover
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Bunshichi Lover »

=/ Yeah he does rule...too bad he has a small dick tho...lmfao

Souichirou: "Small Dick Ray!! ...wow...it is really small..."

I doubt its -that- small...unless you compare it to Bob's. I just found that whole nightmare funny.
Mysterio
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Mysterio »

ah about time vol. 10 comes out I thought the writer stopped the manga.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Finally vol 10 is out! I just hope Oh Great won't be keeping his TT readers waiting this long again. And Fugu, take your time. You're actually doing us a favor here -- so keep up the good work.

By the way, cool cover. Judging from what Masataka's wearing in that pic, I can see that some of Great's ideas from Air Gear are making their way into TT....I hope that won't be too common though.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Not in New York yet

Post by FuguTabetai »

Well, I checked out Kinokunia this morning, but they don't have TJTG vol 10 yet, and probably won't for a few more days. So I probably won't get it until next weekend.

Asahiya has shut down - that's really sad. It was another Kinokunia-sized Japanese bookstore in Midtown Madhattan that had a nice manga selection. Book-Off is still the place to go for the best manga selection, but they don't have it yet either. Bummer.

So I guess I'll do either some VGD or CapCom Gals translation this week. But once I get the new Tenjo Tenge, I'll start work on it.

I do, I just realized, feel a bit bad about translating something that is just out for sale in Japan now. I feel better translating much older releases, because then there isn't the issue of taking away from sales (well, there is, but not as much.)

Anyway.

fugu
Chello
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Chello »

Don't feel bad, if anything you are increasing the manga sales for this book, especially once it is translated officially in english. "Reading" a manga on a computer screen is nothing like having the translated verision in your hands. These fan releases that you and others do support the sales, I highly doubt that they affect them negatively. I have been reading One Piece, Naruto, and Kenshin fanscanned for years, but as soon as they came to america in Graphic Novel format I bought them. I definetly plan on doing the same for Tenjo Tenge, as is everyone else probably.

Keep it up man, even if you release chapters instead of volumes, it will be highly anticipated. I think you are one of the only ones doing this series, so you definetly have a unique series here.
hyperboomer
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by hyperboomer »

I agree with Chello-kun, what you're doing is offering people that would otherwise never know anything about Japanese Manga and how awesome some of those artists can be. You're doing us a great service by introducing Manga in america.

If I like a manga enough, I will go buy it - after all, I own quite a bit of Manga myself. and yes, if I can find Tenjo Tenge in Chinese (all my manga collection are in chinese...kinda funny when I compare then to english-translated version such as GetBackers) I will get them.

Keep up the good work,

hyperboomer
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Let's not forget that you're also helping out those fans who have no access to acquiring the manga too. Not neccassarily because of financial reasons but also because of geographical reasons as well.

Just like what others have been saying what you're doing is not neccessarily negative. Plus, your work helps others get exposed to other manga titles that might not even get officially translated in english or in their native language.
Ger24
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Ger24 »

http://ultra.shueisha.co.jp/UJ83/images ... nTenjo.jpg

Here is a picture of the remix version of Volume 10 that comes with this months Ultra Jump.
jakez0r
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by jakez0r »

You know, at first i thought the main character of the series was Masataka, but then i guess it turned out to be Souchiro and Bob. I was kind of disappointed when I realized it wasn't.
Chello
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Chello »

I knew from the covers that the main characters would turn out to be Aya, Suchiro and Bob. Everyone else is kind of supporting, but due to the flashback scenes it appears that Maya and Mitsuomi were the main characters for a while.
Amano22
Yuurei
Yuurei

Re: Not in New York yet

Post by Amano22 »

FuguTabetai wrote:I do, I just realized, feel a bit bad about translating something that is just out for sale in Japan now. I feel better translating much older releases, because then there isn't the issue of taking away from sales (well, there is, but not as much.)

Anyway.

fugu
Don't feel bad. After downloading the first two manga, I went out to a Kinokuniya near me and bought the first manga. I don't know about other people but there's something about the feel of paper in your hands that makes reading a little more pleasurable.
The Last Word?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Re: Not in New York yet

Post by FuguTabetai »

Amano22 wrote:
Don't feel bad. After downloading the first two manga, I went out to a Kinokuniya near me and bought the first manga. I don't know about other people but there's something about the feel of paper in your hands that makes reading a little more pleasurable.
I've always felt that way myself. But I'm old.

fugu
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Just picked up vol. 10 and am starting some scans on the first chapter so I can start translation.

Like I said over on the VGD section, I'll work on this first, before finishing up with VGD. Well, I might finish the capcom gals chapter that I started, but we'll see. Don't expect anything for about two weeks though.

Cheers,

fugu
Rev
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Rev »

hey fugu, I live in New York City also. Do you mind giving me the address to that japanese bookstore? By the way do you know if they have the previous volumes from 1 - 9. Do they have a website?
JM5000
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by JM5000 »

Rev wrote:hey fugu, I live in New York City also. Do you mind giving me the address to that japanese bookstore? By the way do you know if they have the previous volumes from 1 - 9. Do they have a website?
49st. between 5th & 6th Avenue in front of the Rockefeller Center.

anyway, good to know that vol 10 came out. :) I'm gonna go tomorrow and buy it. :D
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Rev wrote:hey fugu, I live in New York City also. Do you mind giving me the address to that japanese bookstore? By the way do you know if they have the previous volumes from 1 - 9. Do they have a website?
http://www.kinokuniya.com/newyork/

It is at Rockerfeller center. The address is above. They have previous TJTG volumes, I'm not sure if they have all 9. The manga section is upstairs. TJTG is on the far right wall, on the left ish. You can ask people there if they don't have all the volumes on the shelves, they might have a few in the cabinets underneath.

Also, you should check Book Off (http://www.bookoff.co.jp/shops/shop7002.html) - they are much cheaper (a used manga store) and bigger.

fugu
sword
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by sword »

fugu- U LIED U LIED~~~ i went to the shelf and they had 1-9 of ten ten but they dint have 10 . i talked to the manager and he said it probly was sold out so i went downstairs..sulking and looked for some american-translated mangs but they dint have any that i want .. went back up and WHAT DO U KNOW ITS RITE IN FRONT OF TEH STAIRS
hyperboomer
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by hyperboomer »

Speaking of which, I was able to find complete set (Vol 1 to 9) to Tenjo Tenge at my local manga shop (chinese translated, of course)! ^_^

Payday couldn't come soon enough....

best regards,

hyperboomer
hitori
Bushi
Bushi

Kinokuniya

Post by hitori »

sword wrote:WHAT DO U KNOW ITS RITE IN FRONT OF TEH STAIRS
When I went there last Friday (24th) they were neatly organized in the shelf along with vol 1~9.
Guess the sales was good enough to move it to the special display. :D
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Does anyone know when volume 9 will be translated into french and published ?
Rev
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Rev »

:evil: damnit I can't belive it, before getting on the train some dude ask me if I could give him a buck cause he was a bit short for a metrocard and beening the nice guy that I am I gave it to him. when I finally arrived at Kinokuniya I found only two copies left of vol 10 and I reach in my pocket for the money and what happens? I was dollar short :( I though I had 10 bucks but it seems I only had 9 which turned out to be only 8 bucks since I gave one to the guy.

no matter I rush down there real quick tomorrow I hope it still there.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

You know, there's a moral behind that incident : doing good won't get you ANYwhere :wink: :twisted: