Does it get better?

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

The_Shape
Kouhai
Kouhai

Does it get better?

Post by The_Shape »

To the people that keep up with the magazine chapters, i have a few questions. I think the last few chapters (up to where Fugu has translated) have been dropping the ball big time.

Some factors really make me wonder if dealing with the slooooow torrent downloads is worth it.

1) Do we keep with the crazy clich
Ger24
Tamashii
Tamashii

Re: Does it get better?

Post by Ger24 »

[quote="The_Shape"]To the people that keep up with the magazine chapters, i have a few questions. I think the last few chapters (up to where Fugu has translated) have been dropping the ball big time.

Some factors really make me wonder if dealing with the slooooow torrent downloads is worth it.

1) Do we keep with the crazy clich
The_Shape
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by The_Shape »

Thanks.

I guess Great (or his assistants, whomever is writing it now) really is dismissing the old "bad guys" and getting into the new enemies, huh?

Pfff. Doesn't sound interesting at all... :roll:
Rev
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Rev »

aw man that sucks, I really wanted it to see Masataka do his thing in vol.10, maybe beat the shit out of nagi like vol.1 and take aya for himself or beat the shit out of his brother or do something badass.
jakez0r
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by jakez0r »

I always wondered, why is Masataka not as powerful as Maya. It doesn't really make sense. He is a Takayanagi, the most powerful of the 12 families right?

Although, in Volume 1 chapter 3-4 (can't remember which) he takes a kick from Maya's infant form and it doesn't phase him.

Hmmmmmm...
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

jakez0r wrote:I always wondered, why is Masataka not as powerful as Maya. It doesn't really make sense. He is a Takayanagi, the most powerful of the 12 families right?
Being part of one of the "most powerful of the 12 families" may not necessarily mean that every member is really strong. It could be referring to a family's wealth, influence or political power -- not necessarily physical power. Although it could also refer to that somewhat since we're talking about families steeped in the tradition of martial arts here.

And besides, Mitsuomi is really powerful partly because of his strange physical condition. And the guy's got a vision. Masataka isn't even sure of himself compared to his brother. Who knows? Maybe the story will set him up to take over Mitsuomi's place as head of the Takayanagi family and starting a new conflict in the process? Sounds convoluted enough but I actually wouldn't be surprised if that happens.