Man, I had forgotten....

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Man, I had forgotten....

Post by FuguTabetai »

Man, I had forgotten just how complicated and busy the art in Tenjo Tenge is. Stuff breaking out of frames, text overlaid over the art, lots of two page spreads. The translation isn't taking much longer than say, Vulgar Ghost Daydream, but a lot of the pages have to be touched up... I hope poor Ki Shodar isn't overwhelmed. :P

Anyway, I have to admit I'm not so sure that I like where the story is focusing. I'm also a closet Takayanagi Masataka fan. Or at least Bob. I'm not a huge Souichirou supporter... Ah well. The art is still really good.

fugu
The_Shape
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by The_Shape »

You're probably feeling like me when this whole Sayajin crap started.

I mean, sh_t, does Great really think this stuff is interesting? It's been done five million times already.

And he did it by forgetting the old, GOOD characters (which already added up to a LOT of people) and introduced even more - a buncha nobodies.

At least before, TT had this nice "grounded" feeling. Even seeing the crazy stuff i still felt like it was, somehow, a fighting drama.

Not anymore. It's a cheesy melodrama now.

Great is d-o-n-e.

I guess if we want to see some "passion" like in early TenTen, we have to look for Air Crap... I mean, Air Gear.

Hmmm... Not.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

And what's up with the little munchkin from mars ? Is he a martian or just deformed ? :?
Chello
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Chello »

I know how you feel, I really liked it better when the story focused on Maya or Aya. Right now it seems like Souchirou is going through a whole Super Saiyan/Spirit Training kind of thing that is done in a lot of manga. I don't mind though because I really like the artwork and storytelling. The humor is also a nice touch to a fighting manga.